• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Dreaver

This game would already be 100x be better if:
- BETTER SPAWNS(!), so many fucking terrible spawns, oh my god it annoys the hell out of me. Is it done by a 6 year old? HORRIBLE. I understand (but I don't find it acceptable) that I can spawn next to someone on Hijacked, but I can NOT understand how I can spawn in the scope of someone on Turbine, the map is fucking huge. It happens like 25% of my spawns (or vice versa). This is not acceptable.
- Remove quickscoping, so much bullshit.
- Remove killer drones (they're very annoying and incredible random).

Sorry for my semi-rant, it just annoys the hell out of me.

Acinixys

The IGLA is painful to get gold on. Ive been trying since the game released and im still stuck on the kill 10 player controlled aircraft one. Ive only got 3 kills so far :/

Just increase the time it takes to get to you. Theres only 2-3 seconds between the "beepbeep" sound of it locking onto you and it actually hitting you. Makes it very hard to get to cover

- BETTER SPAWNS(!), so many fucking terrible spawns, oh my god it annoys the hell out of me. Is it done by a 6 year old? HORRIBLE. I understand (but I don't find it acceptable) that I can spawn next to someone on Hijacked, but I can NOT understand how I can spawn in the scope of someone on Turbine, the map is fucking huge. It happens like 25% of my spawns (or vice versa). This is not acceptable.

Agreed with you on the spawns. Sometimes they don't seem to make any sense, and sometimes they seem perfect. But, I love Hunter Killer Drones. I've had some pretty epic kills using them.

Cudder

So I just completed the story, but want to play it again without losing everything. So, the course of action seems to be:

Go to mission select, go to the first mission, hit rewind story to that part?

How do I change difficulty when I rewind the story?

anybody?

Agreed on spawns so much. I've spawned next to people on Hijacked as well as into the line of fire on larger maps, like you. The worst is when you see someone's killcam, and it starts with them completely still for a half second, then they start running. You know they just spawned behind you to shoot you.

Also, agree on quickscoping. Just another way the CoD developers appeal to the lowest common denominator in the community. The worst is this "half-scoping" thing, where you bring up your scope halfway and get the full benefit of aim assist. They should really just rename quickscoping to auto-aim-scoping, so we can stop pretending there's skill involved.

As for Hunter Killers, meh. I'm mildly annoyed when I'm killed by them, but they're the only reason to use Blind Eye ever (not that anyone does). So they are easily countered.

how are killer drones random at all?

also quickscoping is probably less problematic in this cod than it has been in a long time

Fantasmo

I just had a thought that if they had different maps for Team Deathmatch and others for Objective games, people might get less pissed. Hijacked seems to play like old school games where spawns didn't matter and just shooting each other was a hoot. But stats are played up so much that too many people, end up taking it seriously. My new take is that most of these maps, especially Hijacked and Slums were meant to be hoot and laugh maps, not MLG Pro type stuff.

Call Team Deathmatch type stuff "Casual" and the other modes "Objective" in the menus, and take K/D off for Objective games (though kills will still count towards overall XP and challenges).

I dunno, might not work, but it's just a thought.

Noricart

I thoroughly hate Hijacked. It's just terrible to me. Love it when I back out and the game kicks me into a game on Hijacked.

Also I'm starting to hate most game modes. Only Kill Confirmed is enjoyable to me now, and that is because of the MASSIVE point gains that let me cycle through AGR -> Stealth Chopper -> VSAT. I'm surprised nobody has actively tried to stop my streaks yet.

Fantasmo

I thoroughly hate Hijacked. It's just terrible to me. Love it when I back out and the game kicks me into a game on Hijacked.

Also I'm starting to hate most game modes. Only Kill Confirmed is enjoyable to me now, and that is because of the MASSIVE point gains that let me cycle through AGR -> Stealth Chopper -> VSAT. I'm surprised nobody has actively tried to stop my streaks yet.

I'm actually just burned out on online shooters. But to bring back the fun and magic you have to take away stats, or at least some of them. Way too much of all of these games is centered around stats and profiles. XP is fine but give people a couple modes where there is no scoreboard at all. I don't remember how Goldeneye handled it, but I don't ever remember caring about stats when I played with my friends. Even if the current game had stats, they weren't persistent after the match was over. It was more about laughing and eating pizza and handing over the controller.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I mean.

You just aim and shoot at a guy yards and yards away.

And they die.

It's like.

Abandon all hope.

They had no possible shot.

You talking about the 870 w/laser sight and long barrel?

It's what I consider the best shotgun/CQB class, but it's not overpowered imo. Miss once, and you're pretty much screwed.

I mean.

You just aim and shoot at a guy yards and yards away.

And they die.

It's like.

Abandon all hope.

They had no possible shot.

It's their fault of they let me get that close, IMO. Any other gun class has a range advantage over me and my R870, but the long barrel and laser sight does help.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
Decided to finally pick up BLOPS II. Skipped the campaign and head straight into Multiplayer.

Looking to play with GAFFERS. ( i need to buy a mic still lol)

PSN: PanzerRaider0079
Time Zone: PST (West Coast)

Nori Chan

Finally beat the campaign on veteran and did all the challenges for every mission. God that one sucked.

Easiest Veteran Cod ever. I basically used the most cheapest gun in the loadouts.

Effect

What are the odds that a CoD4 style playlist would ever be added to the game or any game going forward? A playlist where the kill streaks are setup the same way they are in CoD4 and WaW. Predefined and the same for everyone. No customization on that front.

I've always been curious if the reason connections have been a problem in the last few games is because of all the various kill streaks and their random nature.

Also has people's opinions of Modern Warfare 3 changed since you've played more of Black Ops 2?

maomaoIYP

So is voting to play the same shitty map again a new thing? Because I just played hijacked 4 times in a row. After the first 2 times the host drops and I joined another 2.

Fuck that shitty map so much.

So is using C4 like a grenade the new big thing? Because I see tons of people do it, and it seems amazingly cheap.
I've been doing that since COD4. It's the only lethal worth having. Just take a look at any user's grenade/sticky stats. They get about 1 kill in 10 throws roughly. I get 1 kill in 2.

Nori Chan

Which gun? COD campaigns on Veteran have all gotten easier since COD4 anyway, the last game which had infinite enemy respawns.
Psr. It's a sniper with a 30 round clip with a scope that shows people behind cover and can penetrate at least 3 walls of cover.

Did I also mention a 1Hk on infantry?

also fuck you waw grenades will never get out of my head

aku:jiki

I've always been curious if the reason connections have been a problem in the last few games is because of all the various kill streaks and their random nature.
Nah, MW2 was the most chaotic game in the series with multiple Harriers, helis and AC-130's in the air at the same time and it didn't have these netcode problems.

One of the recent games had a 3-5-7 killstreak playlist though. I only ever play Dom or Demo so I don't remember which game it was...

So is voting to play the same shitty map again a new thing?
Everybody voting for the smallest map in the game every single time is not a new thing, no. Only Treyarch games tend to have the map you just played up for vote again, though.

aku:jiki

I just saw the weirdest thing... Two guys with an annoying amount of X's, Z's and i's in their names came into a match, blew themselves up with C4 like 50 times and then left. lolwut?

Makoto

I just saw the weirdest thing... Two guys with an annoying amount of X's, Z's and i's in their names came into a match, blew themselves up with C4 like 50 times and then left. lolwut?
They were boosting each other to get the diamond C4, obviously.

Acinixys

Wow, im so pissed. had 3 clan idiots in my team and 2 on the opposing team. At the end of round 1, i was 22/0, so the next round they boxed me in and waited for their buddy to come kill me, and then all laughed about it. I was so close to the nuclear killer ribbon. RAGE

So just so I understand this - attachments aren't cumulative? Like if I use a grip to increase accuracy +4 it cancels out the scope that increases it +3?

foxdvd

I don't normally play hardcore, but I did to get diamond on my shotgun (one shot kills are hard on two of the shotguns)..

Is it just me or do a lot of asses play hardcore? I lost count of people on my team destroying my sentry guns when I would place them up on a good spot. These were usually snipers on my team that I guess did not like my sentry gun taking their kills.

I also found shotguns to be massively under powered on hardcore. Since every gun kills in one or two shots on hardcore, the close range advantage of the shotgun is evened out with all weapons. The range on the other hand is still bad....this made for some frustrating matches. In the end I put on a suppressor/ghost/cold blooded and was able to get my 500 one shot kills between the two shotguns....

_Ph03n1x_

Everyone's saying that Xbox Live users are immature for their remarks, but I'm pretty sure if he trolled and ruined the game as much as he does on the PC, he would get the same responses.
This. Trolling will always piss of a decent number of people you are playing with no matter what system.

eek5

Boost in one match 100-0 then play two matches where you go 0-50 twice in a row to hide it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
El Presador has a new series called "Camper Court" where he finds theater recordings of campers.

This guy does nothing but camp on a staircase in Hijacked with the Remington during a Kill Confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQ_9XOQkag

God I would love to play against this guy. His head would explode.

My favorite part is when he says he would destroy the guy in 1v1. That guys way of playing works just as well if not better in a 1v1 situation. Pres would run around searching for him like a crazy person and still run into death and death. It would just lead to more Pres crying about the other dude not playing like a man while he is losing like a bitch.

just got this as a late xmas gift

how do I not suck ass

for reference my k/d ratios in past COD games were 1.2 for MW, 1.5 in MW2 and 1.8 in BLOPS1; right now I'm at .85 and routinely getting destroyed, I went 0-9 to start a round on that one map in mynamar

is it a matter of just unlocking better perks/guns or is the game totally feast or famine with the jank-ass netcode

Top Bottom