• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

HiiiLife

I am genuinely annoyed after reading Liquidsnakes post. The main problems I had with MW3 were the spawns and the maps. But now I hear they are just as bad?

Son.

That can't be possible. Lmao.

Is the hit detection as good as MW2? Please keep posting updates cause I really want to like this game.

fozzy

CCC attachment to your secondary weapon.

Cute Cat Carrier: they release the dogs and you release the cats. :p

Thanks for posting the IGN MP links, DAMN I want this game so bad.

Haha, yes I thought maybe a perk that involved a string of sausages or a nice juicy steak for them.

Just very annoying to have to try keep a hold of objectives whilst having to keep the dogs at bay too.

Hixx

Do the strike force missions get better? Did the first one and it was horrible. It started off ridiculously hard (get overwhelmed quick) then the AI broke or something and I just waited out the timer.

PandaL

So I ordered this for Ps3 as I have some friends on there I will most likely play with. I have 360 as well and I am now wondering how this will run on Ps3 compared to 360. Prior games seem to get the shaft on Ps3. can anyone confirm any notable differences yet in performance or graphics?

I am genuinely annoyed after reading Liquidsnakes post. The main problems I had with MW3 were the spawns and the maps. But now I hear they are just as bad?

Son.

That can't be possible. Lmao.

Is the hit detection as good as MW2? Please keep posting updates cause I really want to like this game.

PS3 version does not suffer from frame rate issues.

PS3 Kill Confirmed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeeJFZZhOLk (Check uploader comment)

PS3 Gun game with commentary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFlGwyFcWw

Remmy2112

The SP writer is David S. Goyer, same dude who wrote for the Batman Trilogy (Nolan).

Might be cool.

Keep in mind he also wrote for the FlashForward series, all three Blade movies (which started off good and then slid downwards), Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD (lol), and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, among others. He's had some good movies, some average ones, and some atrocious stinkers in his career.

DukeSucks

Objectives are huge. I think kills = 50xp and capping a point in dom = 200 xp. Kill confirmed is 25xp per kill and 100xp per confirm.

I like this, other than no one will rush B with me now :(. Also noticed that on Kill Confirmed if someone else collects the dogtags from your kill, they get 100xp and you get 25.

Also glad to see opponents tilt-chat is back in.

I am supremely disappoited in Blops2. It's like MW3 turbo edition.

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.
There is no tactics what so ever.
The spawn system is disgusting.

This is sadly a game for the ADD generation.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.
]

100% agreed. UAV is ridiculous. Spawns are awful. MW3 had the best spawns in the series (At least in demolition) and this is a huge downgrade. And there is no flow to the maps at all. The only flow I ever saw was in headquarters.

can someone answer this for me, mw3 ruined HQ for me, does Blops2 give the whole team XP again for capping?

Yeah everybody gets 200score for capping and 200 per kill while capping, but i don't know how much xp that turns into.

The spawn system is seriously as bad as MW3?

That can't be possible..........

It's worse than MW3. MW3 had the best spawns in the series. I spawned once and died instantly by a hunter killer drone, like push x BAM push x. I've also spawned with people looking at me or me looking at people. I've killed the person that's killed me several times within 1.5 seconds or so.

Be honest, who is getting the $50 map pass?

Theres no reason to purchase it now, but when the first map pack comes out and I like what is in it, then i might. I'm sure there might be zombies DLC and I'll get the pass for that alone. Multiplayer is garbage so far, but i can't really judge it until street date when all the bad players begin playing.

Quick question, but the demolition bomb layouts are the same as SnD, right?

For the most part yes, but theres always a few bombsites (1 or 2, maybe 3) that are slightly different than search and destroy, but not by much.

I like this, other than no one will rush B with me now :(. Also noticed that on Kill Confirmed if someone else collects the dogtags from your kill, they get 100xp and you get 25.

Also glad to see opponents tilt-chat is back in.

Capping a point in dom is 200 score, but only 100xp.

wut? have you really played MW3?
LOL @ MW3 having the best spawns.
Ahahahaha at MW3 + Best Spawns

Hey, I've never been facing somebody when I spawn and nobody has ever been looking at me when they spawn. There is respawn armor, so you can't get killed by air support instantly.

And once one team pushes up to far, your team spawns in a different location. It was more of a spawn far away from the action type of spawning. Maps like village, you'd be sprinting more than anything, but I'd rather spawn in safety.

You couldn't even spawn trap because they'd spawn in a different area.

This is all from demolition though. I know FFA has crazy spawns and all the FFA gametypes, but every Call of Duty is like that. Maybe you guys had different experiences than I did playing different game modes?

Ya MW3 spawns are TERRIBLE. I'm glad I'm not alone in this opinion. I'm still pumped for this game, even if its mainly for zombies, especially on nuketown.

aku:jiki

This is all from demolition though.
What?! That makes your opinion even crazier! The changed Demolition spawn logic (that they rolled out a couple of months after release) completely destroyed the mode. They removed the point of planting the bomb if enemies could suddenly spawn 2 feet outside the door.

The same goes for Domination. It never played like the word implies - domination - because the spawn points are constantly moving and it's just a non-stop cycle of your team grabbing A, their team spawning on and taking C, your team dying and spawning on C, their team spawning on A, repeat, repeat. The MW3 spawns ruined and cheapened all the modes I play.

What?! That makes your opinion even crazier! The changed Demolition spawn logic (that they rolled out a couple of months after release) completely destroyed the mode. They removed the point of planting the bomb if enemies could suddenly spawn 2 feet outside the door.

They changed the spawn logic cause it was awful before February. The whole static spawns where each team spawns in their base on one side of the map has always been a disaster. It's back to static spawns in BO2. I joined a session in progress and i would just spawn with enemies looking at me and die over and over again. No way out.

With MW3s new spawn logic, you can't get trapped. It uses the whole map to spawn players. So if on offense, you successfully moved up to the bombsites, the team will spawn away from them because your team is there. Then, you can plant and defend them as they come from the other side of the map. Enemies spawned 2 feet away before the patch, not anymore.

If you're a long time player, you'd remember B on Afghan, A on Estate, and B on Terminal were nearly impossible to destroy. Terminal B isn't even difficult in this game anymore. B on Afghan, the enemies legit spawned right behind it, but with MW3 logic, they'd go spawn by the grass area behind the bunkers if your team pushed up to B.

I was on the edge about the new style spawns at first, but then I got used to it and have played very well. In a full demo game I usually have less than 5 deaths. That wasn't the case before when I'd spawn and die instantly and then out of nowhere be on final stand because the game can't spawn me correctly.

I guess we have different opinions but I love the new MW3 demo spawn logic and my friends enjoy it as well. It's very rage free.

EDIT: You'll love domination in BO2 then. Very static spawns and a team can get trapped easily with only one flag, especially on small maps. I've watched several people spawn in that game mode and if you have an AGR, you can just watch them spawn and keep killing them with it for like forever.

So who else has the game? I would love to hear more impressions.

(Though I hope they are positive. Lol)

Hipfire is dominant on SMGs. Most people are using SMGs and hipfiring right now. Some people have laser sights as an attachment as well. If you aim down in CQB, then you'll probably die. It's VERY accurate for SMGs. I've hipfired people at medium range xP

Not sure if this is positive or negative for you lol.

Hipfire is dominant on SMGs. Most people are using SMGs and hipfiring right now. Some people have laser sights as an attachment as well. If you aim down in CQB, then you'll probably die. It's VERY accurate for SMGs. I've hipfired people at medium range xP

That's really not good news at all.

Do you even have to aim in this game?

HiiiLife

I would say that's more towards the negative IMO. Lol.

That's really not good news at all.

Do you even have to aim in this game?

Lol the more I think about it, I've mostly hipfired. If I have to aim, the other person is clipping (head glitching) or out of range my SMG. I'm using the Skorpion because it's on the default class and it has a bit of recoil at range. I've heard the MSMC is a beast. I'll try that out during Prestige 1.

HiiiLife

I also just watched a few videos on YouTube. Is it me or have they increased the amount of grunting your character does in multiplayer? Lol.

He was knifing and his character let out a "hnng".

I saw another one with him shooting another player with the shotgun. "OW" "Bleh" "Ah".

Also, Grief is hilarious. You can knife people to push them to wherever you knifed. So if somebody is trying to revive somebody, you can knife them and it'll stop the revive.

Some guy was smart though and went prone to revive once and my team couldn't stop him, so theres a tip. Also rape training zombies and then going to where the person is downed is hilarious and usually downs other enemies as well.

Effect

I am supremely disappoited in Blops2. It's like MW3 turbo edition.

Way to chaotic.
Maps are to small.
UAV every 2 seconds.
There is no tactics what so ever.
The spawn system is disgusting.

This is sadly a game for the ADD generation.

I am level 29, and I have not had fun getting there. I am not trolling, I loved black ops, hated MW3.

I am so sad that the state if this game has become what it is. Who ever made the decision to speed up the gameplay like this should be fired.

If you doubt what I say, come Tuesday you will all experience what I have. Utter disgust, and it's not fun getting killed 3 times within 10 seconds.

With points resetting upon death UAV is always going to be a problem. People don't want to play and not be able to call in anything. So of course the lowest streaks are going to be equipped. It's why I really enjoyed the Support line in Modern Warfare 3. You kept your points even if you died so you could work your way up to the higher streaks. That meant you didn't have to have the lowest streaks equipped so you at least get something. You could try having other things equipped.

The only thing that is going to stop UAV spamming is to either remove it or make it a higher streak or both and just have the blackbird equivalent be the only type. For those that really hate it they should run with counter uav always to put a stop to it asap. That's really the only way to deal with it as things are setup. I almost always run with that in Black Ops for that very reason and in MW3 when I played. That and I always have a launcher to shoot a UAV down if it ever goes up and I can't counter it.

That's a bigger problem I've found in all the CoD games I've played. It always feels like I'm the only one willing to shoot down UAVs/spyplanes in matches. I'm going to be keeping that trend going forward as well. Anything that goes up gets shot down even if I have to die to do it. I rather my side win. I'll benefit more when I respawn if it's destroyed. Same thing about trying to take out choppers. Forget hiding. Taking it out is better in the long run. Anti air turrets are also a good counter that isn't used enough as well.

As long as I don't spawn right next to an enemy player I'm good. The maps looked to be of a decent size to me with many paths. However I also don't plan on running constantly all over the place (found that's the easiest way for me to get killed most times. Stay in an area for a bit then move not constantly move no matter what) so perhaps they seem small if you do that?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That's a bigger problem I've found in all the CoD games I've played. It always feels like I'm the only one willing to shoot down UAVs/spyplanes in matches.

I ALWAYS have Stinger as my secondary but I find it better to run either UAV Jammer or Cold-Blooded/Ghost and save your missile for the more dangerous killstreaks.

These last few pages have killed more hype than a ODing chick at your house party.

I thought Treyarch knew what they were doing

this can't be life, b

Halcyon

How many people are gonna jump right into multiplayer?

I'll prob play a few rounds of multi then do a few zombie matches.

Ill probably get the campaign finished during wed/Thursday.

fuenf

SMG's + hipfire seems like the way to go. :/ I'm not sure about this, game it can be extremely fun and frustrating at the same time.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
FIRING RANGE AND JUNGLE MAP DLC.

do it and ill buy 100%.

]

100% agreed. UAV is ridiculous. Spawns are awful. MW3 had the best spawns in the series (At least in demolition) and this is a huge downgrade. And there is no flow to the maps at all. The only flow I ever saw was in headquarters.

Yeah everybody gets 200score for capping and 200 per kill while capping, but i don't know how much xp that turns into.

It's worse than MW3. MW3 had the best spawns in the series. I spawned once and died instantly by a hunter killer drone, like push x BAM push x. I've also spawned with people looking at me or me looking at people. I've killed the person that's killed me several times within 1.5 seconds or so.

Theres no reason to purchase it now, but when the first map pack comes out and I like what is in it, then i might. I'm sure there might be zombies DLC and I'll get the pass for that alone. Multiplayer is garbage so far, but i can't really judge it until street date when all the bad players begin playing.

For the most part yes, but theres always a few bombsites (1 or 2, maybe 3) that are slightly different than search and destroy, but not by much.

Capping a point in dom is 200 score, but only 100xp.

thanks for replying, mw3 royally fucked up HQ compared to BLOPS. so glad they fixed it.

These last few pages have killed more hype than a ODing chick at your house party.

I thought Treyarch knew what they were doing

this can't be life, b

Some people have bad opinions. The maps look really good from the streams that I've watched; nothing like the closed-in arenas of MW3 and more along the lines of W@W and Blops 1. Funny, Treyarch made those games too.

fuenf

Some people have bad opinions. The maps look really good from the streams that I've watched; nothing like the closed-in arenas of MW3 and more along the lines of W@W and Blops 1. Funny, Treyarch made those games too.

the maps are fine for the most part, but as of right now it's just way too chaotic, the matchmaking is kinda bad and SMGs seem overpowered.

Top Bottom