• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

u mad

Neo Member
I'm currently working on diamond LMGs. I think the LMGs look most awesome when diamond. And they're a blast to use.

Toa TAK

Banned
LMGs in BOII are a lot of fun to use. I keep saying to myself I should use them more, but I keep hopping back to my SMG or AR class.

u mad

Neo Member
Before I did fresh start I had diamond SMGs and pretty much played them ad nauseam.

Decided to go a different route this time around and am primarily sticking with LMGs and handguns.

Tried to get into using ARs but I can't find any I like. Probably because I can't find a reason to use any over an SMG.

LMGs do something SMGs can't, ARs don't really offer that (based on my limited experienced with ARs)

zeelman

Played like six games or so tonight and it was decent I guess. I got several VSATS. Then these 2+ K/D people joined the lobby and the game decided to give them a 2-3 second advantage over us. 2 minutes later, they had 34 confirms to our 6. I dashboarded from that shitty game. I'm not giving people free kills.

u mad

Neo Member
Shield is probably the easiest one to get. Just play FFA for a bit.

I never play FFA, never thought of that. Was just doing HC to raise my shield (it is 1HK in HC). No way it is easier than ballistic knives though. I got gold ballistic knives over the span of a single afternoon. Seriously, took only a few hours.

Radec

So.. Whats your favorite and the least favorite maps?

For me I love Yemen, Drone, Plaza, and Raid. Especially on domination. Both sides have equal access to B flag. But with the right placement of sentry or guardians, one side will be forced to just go to one route and let your team decimate them.

Aftermath on the other hand, i hate that map. So much corners and bullshit.

Im a groundwar/domination guy so i love huge maps.

u mad

Neo Member
So.. Whats your favorite and the least favorite maps?

I pretty much only play Domination. Having said that, my favorite maps are Yemen, Plaza, and Drone. Meltdown and Raid aren't terrible too.

Least favorite is probably Nuketown, followed by Carrier. Used to hate Cargo, but I'm warming up to it.

When I go against a whole clan of master prestige I just assume they shared one account to get it, especially when they play like noobs.
I'm currently having a lot of fun moving from prestige to prestige while unlocking diamond camo's, but it's a personal thing. There is no prestige in it due to the clone account glitch.

u mad

Neo Member
When I go against a whole clan of master prestige I just assume they shared one account to get it, especially when they play like noobs.
I'm currently having a lot of fun moving from prestige to prestige while unlocking diamond camo's, but it's a personal thing. There is no prestige in it due to the clone account glitch.

If it really bugs you, check their SPM, playtime, and other combat record stats and see if it looks like it is glitched/boosted. If it does, you can use the Report Player function then click on "Boosting."

I have a friend who is adamant about doing this, and believe it or not a lot of the people he reports end up getting banned and reset.

People will boost for everything and anything *shrug*

When you see Master Prestige with low playtime and great stats, this is typically the result of the duplicate glitch that allowed you to take the stats of someone else's account.

So what happened is that you had one original account where the person boosted to get all diamonds, high K/D ratio, etc. and then people started duplicating that one account. When you see a lobby where there are a bunch of clan members and all are Master Prestige, you should take a look at their stats. Odds are they will have pretty much identical stats.

The more they play, the less obvious it will be since their play time will become more legitimate, their K/D ratio will eventually begin to drop, and their SPM will decrease. Also, IIRC a huge amount of people who boosted and/or used the glitch were recently banned and reset (I believe they actually keep their deaths and losses, but don't keep their wins and kills).

YUP. Gave my brother my prestige and we both got reset. Fucking stupid. Was supposed to be a reset according to their own rules. Not a 7 day ban and a reset.

u mad

Neo Member
YUP. Gave my brother my prestige and we both got reset. Fucking stupid. Was supposed to be a reset according to their own rules. Not a 7 day ban and a reset.

Sucks man. Did they really make you keep the deaths and losses and cleared your wins and kills? If so, that's pretty f-ed up.

Finally had a good string of games last night. Connections seemed stable, and I absolutely destroyed what I hope were a bunch of Christmad noobs. In a TDM game to 75, I should NEVER be able to get 45 of the kills....

Sucks man. Did they really make you keep the deaths and losses and cleared your wins and kills? If so, that's pretty f-ed up.

No idea. Figure they would reset the one that didn't get it legit right? Their own terms say a reset first offense. Not a ban. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Hell, last time they just reset the people to their level before from my understanding.

Shouldn't you be in another thread posting your 9/11 theories or something? Or maybe be bitching about how much you hate this game?

Who cares about stats though, really, why?

What is cheating to get master prestige going to do to make the game more fun?

If you want to cheat at something take steroids and a baseball bat

Sorry but having a hard time seeing how that's a viable excuse...but maybe I'm missing something.
I wasn't making any excuse. I said I did it a few days ago. What I have a problem with is that their inconsistency enforcing their own code of conduct is pathetic. Does me passing off the prestige that took me months to get to my 13 year old brother ruin your time playing this game? No? Okay then.

They have bigger things to fix about this game than people passing off a virtual rank to a sibling that gives no competitive advantage.

Radec

Warthog does suck, but the sound is amazing.

ZZZZNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!

I wasn't making any excuse. I said I did it a few days ago. What I have a problem with is that their inconsistency enforcing their own code of conduct is pathetic. Does me passing off the prestige that took me months to get to my 13 year old brother ruin your time playing this game? No? Okay then.

They have bigger things to fix about this game than people passing off a virtual rank to a sibling that gives no competitive advantage.

Why would you copy your prestige anyway? You know its a glitch and they are aware with it right?
And you still did it.

Yes they have many things on their plate that should be fixed first, but thats not an excuse for doing this.

Thats like, "hey man, i have studied very hard last night for this exam, but heres my paper copy it so you can get high grades too."

Then you got caught.

Warthog does suck, but the sound is amazing.

ZZZZNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!

Why would you copy your prestige anyway? You know its a glitch and they are aware with it right?
And you still did it.

Yes they have many things on their plate that should be fixed first, but thats not an excuse for doing this.

Thats like, "hey man, i have studied very hard last night for this exam, but heres my paper copy it so you can get high grades too."

Then you got caught.
I wasn't making an excuse. I am saying of they're going to put out community guidelines for first, second, etc. offenses, they should follow them.

u mad

Neo Member
I typically get more kills with stealth chopper than the warthog. Its only redeeming quality is the sound it makes.

Currently I'm running: UAV/Orbital VSAT/Lodestar.

May switch it up to UAV/Orbital VSAT/K9 Unit.

Finally got my diamond launcher a couple days ago. The diamond RPG is awesome, the ammo is actually has diamonds on it lol. After I am done with the AN94 or whatever, I'll have 3 assault rifles left to gold and then they are diamond too. After that idk if I will do shotties or not. Definitely not doing anything else.

I am glad Treyarch included these, it's a nice little carrot to keep playing for and a good reason to try other weapons.

u mad

Neo Member
is there any reason not to use target finder for LMGs or any loadout you've got set up for ranged combat?

The people I play with all tend to run Cold Blooded (including myself) whenever on a map large enough to make target finder useful. A team full of people running Cold Blooded renders target finder a fairly useless attachment. It completely cuts off your peripheral vision (which is fine if you are camping, but it does pretty much render you immobile when you ADS).

I typically run dual band on LMGs. Even if they are running cold blooded, it is a decent scope. One advantage it has over target finder is that it works through smoke, target finder does not. This is handy in objective modes where cap points are spammed with smoke grenades and explosions.

That and people make fun of me if I ever use a target finder :p

Sec0nd

Just picked up Blops 2 and played my first couple of matches and figured I'd join CoD-GAF and share my first impressions.

The gunplay felt reeaaally weird in the first 1 or 2 games. I have played all the CoD's before but this felt really weird. The recoil just felt.. odd... Maybe it's because I kind of skipped MW3 and played a bunch of Battlefield 3 with it's superior gunplay. But after I started playing with an assault rifle I started getting used to the weird recoil and gun feedback. I've always been a pretty good CoD player so it felt good getting some decent scores again. One thing I really like so far are the killstreaks. They really feel like they are a lot harder to get. Even the UAVs are pretty hard to get. It's nice! Looking forward to play some more.

u mad

Neo Member
I like the scorestreaks a lot better than the previous system of killstreaks.

Actually creates incentives for people to work as a team in objective modes (since they want the points rewarded from accomplishing objectives).

is there any reason not to use target finder for LMGs or any loadout you've got set up for ranged combat?

Target Finder is one of the better attachments for any gun.

-It magnifies your vision significantly.
-It completely gets rid of idle sway.
-The crosshairs in it makes it easier to aim.
-The red squares/diamonds around players make it easier to kill them too.

I like the scorestreaks a lot better than the previous system of killstreaks.

I like them too. The past 2 Calls of Duty have had some pretty weak scorestreaks.

Here they've made them stronger. (Predator Missile can now be scattered/Lodestar shoots quicker and has more ammo as well as thermal vision/Vtol has rockets/sentry gun can now be controlled/death and war machines last til ammo runs out etc...)

I also like how you get objective points because now killstreaks require the least amount of kills than ever before and can easily be attained.

May switch it up to UAV/Orbital VSAT/K9 Unit.

Dogs are pretty much worthless in this game. I've never gotten more than 5 kills with them and people can still easily take objectives while dogs are on the map.

Tonedeff

I don't know if this has been detailed here yet, but when playing online in splitscreen, how does the exp work? Does only exp I get count or does the exp the guest gets get added too? I mean as far as getting the main players level up

u mad

Neo Member
TF can identify cold-blooded players too. The crosshair turns red on everyone.

You have to know where you are aiming. It wont indicate it. Given the minimal zoom it provides, I consistently kill TF users by simply"head glitching" and taking them out while they are clueless. Works exceptionally well in HC where there is no killcam.

I also spam EMP grenades to no end, which renders the target finder absolutely horrible. No peripheral vision + no crosshair/diamonds showing up.

I'm that guy who is always lobbing EMPs, literally nonstop.

EDIT: I should add that I'll use TF if I feel like the other team is getting a lot of kills on me from head glitching and they are't using Cold Blooded, or if people are grouped together and taking cover in a building or hiding behind some sort of material I can penetrate easily using my LMG (and FMJ if needed). I will only ever use TF on LMGs though, and only when playing a purely defensive roll.

Dogs are pretty much worthless in this game. I've never gotten more than 5 kills with them and people can still easily take objectives while dogs are on the map.

Ah, good to know. Haven't tried them yet. I just wanted a good scorestreak I don't have to control so I can do other stuff while it is happening. Been using Lodestar, but sometimes my team is for some reason too caught up in doing whatever they are doing to capture points to give us an advantage in Domination, even when I am totally clearing the area for them making it perfectly safe to cap.

I'll go with swarm then. I think it is only a 200 pt different from K9 unit.

Radec

You have to know where you are aiming. It wont indicate it. Given the minimal zoom it provides, I consistently kill TF users by simply"head glitching" and taking them out while they are clueless. Works exceptionally well in HC where there is no killcam.

I also spam EMP grenades to no end, which renders the target finder absolutely horrible. No peripheral vision + no crosshair/diamonds showing up.

I'm that guy who is always lobbing EMPs, literally nonstop.

EDIT: I should add that I'll use TF if I feel like the other team is getting a lot of kills on me from head glitching and they are't using Cold Blooded, or if people are grouped together and taking cover in a building or hiding behind some sort of material I can penetrate easily using my LMG (and FMJ if needed). I will only ever use TF on LMGs though, and only when playing a purely defensive roll.

Ah, good to know. Haven't tried them yet. I just wanted a good scorestreak I don't have to control so I can do other stuff while it is happening. Been using Lodestar, but sometimes my team is for some reason too caught up in doing whatever they are doing to capture points to give us an advantage in Domination, even when I am totally clearing the area for them making it perfectly safe to cap.

I'll go with swarm then. I think it is only a 200 pt different from K9 unit.

Ofcourse you have to know where youre aiming, just like all other optics. But when aiming at a cold blooded enemy gives you no indication from other optics. TF does.

EMP makes every optics almost unusable. Except for acog i guess.

zeelman

I'm really getting annoyed by my friends who keep bragging about the great games they have when the game still keeps screwing me over. I can't improve my stats at all because of the terrible netcode. Their K/Ds and SPM are rising all the time while mine barely goes anywhere. I have no consistency whatsoever. I played Hardcore KC tonight, and I go 40-6 in my first game, and then I go severely negative in the next three games.

u mad

Neo Member
Except for when I'm doing the dual band + smoke grenade combo on Dom w/ an LMG, I really only use iron sights (regardless of weapon class). Every now and then I'll play around with the ACOG, or use the TF for the purpose I mentioned earlier.

zeelman

Believe me, I want to have fun with this game, but its hard to have fun when I'm getting punished for things beyond my control. I've been playing these games for too long to have trouble like this. I feel like this is my first COD game. I legitimately sucked at MW2, but it was still a lot more fun then any COD game I've played since. I felt like my deaths were my fault, where in subsequent entries I would have countless situations where I would fire first and still die anyway. Then I get to watch a killcam where it shows me doing nothing.

u mad

Neo Member
Also, while on the topic of EMP grenades they are easily my favorite equipment in the game. They are too good. Wouldn't be surprised if they are nerfed in the future, much to my dismay.

u mad

Neo Member
EMPs have made me go from hating things like shock charges, claymores, betties, etc. to now absolutely loving when people use them. Easy points for me.

I kinda think the emps shouldn't be able to knock out equipment in one go. With Engineer equipped, you can see a sentry a mile away and then lob an emp.
I love them to bits, but they have so many more advantages than the others.

Top Bottom