• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

snacknuts

we all knew her
EMPs have made me go from hating things like shock charges, claymores, betties, etc. to now absolutely loving when people use them. Easy points for me.

No kidding. I just tried the EMP grenades for the first time this weekend and instantly fell in love for their ability to give me easy points.

zeelman

I kinda think the emps shouldn't be able to knock out equipment in one go. With Engineer equipped, you can see a sentry a mile away and then lob an emp.
I love them to bits, but they have so many more advantages than the others.

Sentries can longer be knifed, so I think this is a fair trade off. It does take 2 EMPS to take down an AGR.

Slizz

You guys think it's quicker to prestige in this game compared to others? I'll be halfway through 4th prestige before the map pack comes out and with the double xp weekend following the release I'll probably be 5.

You guys think it's quicker to prestige in this game compared to others? I'll be halfway through 4th prestige before the map pack comes out and with the double xp weekend following the release I'll probably be 5.

yes

I've only played like 13 hours and I'm already @ level 49

then again I've been mostly doing Kill Confirmed and Domination

comparatively I played MW2 for like 35ish hours before getting pissed at it and never even sniffed first prestige

zeelman

This is the fastest COD game to level in if you have a fairly high SPM. I have one friend with a 432 SPM who reached Prestige Master in about 5 1/2 days, and the other with a 350 SPM reached it in 6 days.

u mad

Neo Member
You guys should try the sensor grenade.

Sensor grenade is not even on the same level as EMP grenades.

If there is a sentry or guardian up I can lazily, blindly toss an EMP grenade anywhere in the general location, and odds are I'll take it out, take out 3 random pieces of nearby equipment, and disable the optics of a few random enemies.

Also for some reason when people get hit by EMPs, they momentarily freak out and are easy to kill.

Sentries can longer be knifed, so I think this is a fair trade off. It does take 2 EMPS to take down an AGR.

I usually use 1 EMP to stun it, then just shoot it until it blows up.

Yes, already did Prestige Master, reset with a fresh start, and now am almost at prestige 1 again.

The two double XP weekends + Nuketown 24/7 made leveling a joke.

Nori Chan

What do you guys have gold/diamond?

So far I have:
Type 25
M27
An 94
DSR
Rpg
Ballistic Knife
Crossbow.

Really close getting the stinger and s12.

u mad

Neo Member
6 AR's are completed for gold. 3 more to go. I don't even know what I am going to do once I get Diamond, I really don't.

Well last I heard in order to keep diamond ARs (and SMGs) once the DLC comes out, you have to get gold on every AR, every SMG, and the Peacekeeper.

This could have been some unfounded rumor, read it on GameFAQs I believe.

So far I have:
Type 25
M27
An 94
DSR
Rpg
Ballistic Knife
Crossbow.

Prior to doing fresh start I had diamond launchers, diamond SMGs, every shotgun gold but the last one, gold knife, gold ballistic knife, gold crossbow.

This time around my QBB LSW and LSAT are very close to being gold.

u mad

Neo Member
I only got the R870 gold, it's the only one I tried to get, the others will probably happen over time except for killing without perks.

or attachments :p

This time around I'm not trying to get anything gold/diamond, except for when I get to the part where I can use no attachments/perks.

All SMGs/LMGs diamond.
3 shotguns gold.
4 ARs gold.
Stinger gold.

Will probably finish the ARs before moving on. From time to time, I'll also work on the Ballista since I miss having the iron sights on it. Very fun playing with it.

My first time playing through the game, I went to 7th prestige then did a fresh start...just for the hell of it. That was back in December. 2 days ago, I reached 10th (not a prestige master just yet) with about 10 days played.

The 2 double XP events they had made leveling very easy/quick.

I cannot get headshots with a LMG, lol.
53 kills in my last match and no headshots, i'm taking people out as they're looking out over stuff and the bullets still don't hit their heads. I must be the best throat shot guy in COD history :/

u mad

Neo Member
I cannot get headshots with a LMJ, lol.
53 kills in my last match and no headshots, i'm taking people out as they're looking out over stuff and the bullets still don't hit their heads. I must be the best throat shot guy in COD history :/

what's an LMJ...LMG?

EDIT: assuming you are talking about LMGs, I get headshots without even trying. Mostly because people headglitch and/or like to take cover, only exposing their head. My only suggestion is aim higher *shrug*

Man, I'm totally behind in this race for Diamond weapons. Just got my gold camo on my AN-94. Not sure I have the will to grind my way through the rest of the ARs. Although, I was actually pleasantly surprised by running with that gun with no attachments to unlock that last regular camo for it. That thing has some pretty nice iron sights. So good, that I've taken off my usual reflex.

The one thing I'm craving right now from this game is consistency, and honestly, I'm getting more and more resigned to never getting it. So much about the mutiplayer experience seems so inconsistent to me. Sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes it doesn't, but either way it's aggravating. Still hoping they can fix the whole "an enemy has destroyed your equipment" thing. If I lay a mine, etc, and an enemy destroys it, the game should tell me. This weekend had it occur about 50% of the time, but 50% is not good enough in my opinion.

Sigh. /rant.

u mad

Neo Member
Still hoping they can fix the whole "an enemy has destroyed your equipment" thing. If I lay a mine, etc, and an enemy destroys it, the game should tell me. This weekend had it occur about 50% of the time, but 50% is not good enough in my opinion.

Sigh. /rant.

I've noticed this only recently. Is this a known bug? I thought it may just be happening on my end. It can get pretty annoying.

Does it have to do with the manner it was destroyed?

Speaking of LMGs, what is the point of not including fast mags attachment for LMGs?

Pretty annoying, but extended mags helps make due.

I've noticed this only recently. Is this a known bug? I thought it may just be happening on my end. It can get pretty annoying.

Does it have to do with the manner it was destroyed?

I thought it did, but I'm not entirely sure now. I never, though, ever seem to have a problem with the VO when someone destroys one of my shock charges. Just run into this issue with Claymores for some reason. There are actually two peculiarities, I've noticed.

1. The game fails to alert me with VO when an enemy destroys my equipment
2. If they do destroy it, say by running through it with Flak Jacket, I should get an on-screen Flak Jacket icon, or at the very least, hear a hit marker.

But the above two rarely happen with any consistency anymore, especially the hit marker thing. Watching Kill Cams, I've seen dudes get damaged by, say, my Claymores, but no on-screen indicator pops up for me to indicate as such. So annoying. I run with two Claymores and they end up being a very handy tool with me to protect myself when I'm holed up someplace. Not getting these indicators basically takes away the safety net they're supposed to provide.

I cannot get headshots with a LMG, lol.

dualband scope.

So far I have:
Type 25
M27
An 94
DSR
Rpg
Ballistic Knife
Crossbow.

LMGs
Shotguns
Executioner

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I love how you only need to play with one friend to make this game a blast. I felt like it was harder to control a round without out 2-3 friends minimum in MW3.

Nabs

I love how you only need to play with one friend to make this game a blast. I felt like it was harder to control a round without out 2-3 friends minimum in MW3.

"Hey Nabs, I have 3 tags right here..."

*Calls in Dogs & Swarm*

iYFe28zPHydU7.gif

zeelman

The Theater Mode in this game lets you see the game from the perspective of other players now. Its not like MW3 where you can only watch other players in 3rd person.

He could've also gone to his player channel, and pulled it up from "Recent Games."

Montresor

The Theater Mode in this game lets you see the game from the perspective of other players now. Its not like MW3 where you can only watch other players in 3rd person.

He could've also gone to his player channel, and pulled it up from "Recent Games."

I see, thanks for that explanation.

I'm liking presador's videos a lot these days.

Fantasmo

If you watch todays upload which was recorded live from ElPres' perspective, that guy changes his name after the host migration presumably to avoid getting caught. Didn't even know you could do that on consoles. Could be just something that happens after Migrations though, since they both appear in his Recent Players list.

EDIT: Yeah, nevermind, when the host changes it says that.

Mr. Black

Banned
Guys, what are your favorite attachments for the PDW-57? I always use fast mag, but I'm not sure about the second attachment. Just unlocked rapid fire. Is that any good? Or should I stick to the long barrel?

Top Bottom