• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

No, CoD has client side hit detection. He was frozen for other players as well and, as we can see in PRES' other video from the match, the other players weren't frozen on their screen.

I wasn't aware that this was an actual thing... This explains some shit I've seen before. Why would anyone spend a total of $120 just to kill the fun of the game?

Should've thought about it some more before posting, it doesn't make sense for it to work the same way since Gears had server side hit detection and Call of Duty client side. So then yeah, I have no clue to how the freezing worked then.

as for quickscoping in this game, as with anything else I think it's just the lag making things worse (or at the least making things seem worse)then what they should be. For as slow as these snipers rifles scope in, there shouldn't be any reason why a guy with a sniper rifle is beating anybody to the draw consistently. But because the game has so many sync issues, that guy who came around the corner to snipe you looks like he has godlike accuracy, speed, and a whole lot of aim assist working in his favor. In reality though, he rounded the corner, acquired where you were at, lined up his shot a bit, waited til that slow ass scope in was 3/4 of the way done, and popped you while you were looking like an idiot because while he was doing all of that, he wasn't even registered on your screen. I know lag is an easy scapegoat, but it seems like the most plausible reason to me in this instance.

hate to do it, but pop in MW2 and see how many times you die from a quickscoper, I bet it's less than in BO2 and MW3

I thought it was pretty funny and I hate campers. I'm the guy whose thumb hurts from mashing the sprint button for hours.

That said, since I saw this video yesterday, I've ran into 2 different people trying this exact same thing on the same map, same place. Without as much success though. Word travels fast I guess.

Bitch of the day: They need to remove tac insert from kill confirmed. I feel like its unfair to automatically deny the killer access to the tag because it disappears in 0.5 seconds as soon as the guy respawns. Cheap.

GenericUser

Hate campers? You'll certainly enjoy this. I havent seen it posted yet so here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFk97MgCsI

That was so well thought out, you gotta appreciate it. Why did nobody throw a grenade thingy over the balcony from outside?

Anyway, I just played a couple of rounds. I was in *beast mode* (~1.8 KD) and the sad thing is, I know for SURE that the next time I'll play this game, I will get my ass handed to me. Why is that?

clemso

Neo Member
I really hope that Treyarch will do something about the netcode soon. I love the gameplay of BO2, but in it's current state it often is unplayable.

What do you guys think? Chances of it getting improved? Anything we can do?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really hope that Treyarch will do something about the netcode soon. I love the gameplay of BO2, but in it's current state it often is unplayable.

What do you guys think? Chances of it getting improved? Anything we can do?

Switch to the PC version which has dedicated servers?

Nabs

Match-making =/= P2P.

Yeah. We're rocking dedicated servers over here in pc land and it feels good. I feel really bad for our console bros :(

This game is a blast when you're not worrying about lag every other match. I can't go more than a round or two when I play on PS3.

I play with aim assist off. Mostly because I hate how my aim goes crazy if there are multiple enemies around me. It gets dragged towards a random one, regardless of which one I want to kill. Also if an enemy runs by me while I'm aiming it drags my focus towards whatever direction they are heading.

I thought most people turn it off.

Maybe that's why you think quick scoping is hard?

How hard is it to throw an emp grenade up there, or to just ignore him?
edit: looks likes he brings it up in the video, it does pose a good question though, would emps work with the trophy system in place? I can't check right now.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect tacticals but even if it did, you can just throw an EMP on the first floor and it'll still take them out because it has such a huge range.

u mad

Neo Member
Maybe that's why you think quick scoping is hard?

Could be.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect tacticals but even if it did, you can just throw an EMP on the first floor and it'll still take them out because it has such a huge range.

Yes, I constantly take out areas guarded by trophy systems using EMPs. The range is absurd, one thrown on the bottom level of the boat would have likely destroyed every piece of equipment in that room.

This is why every class I roll with has EMPs. And as the guy in the video mentioned, one "EMP would have gave you enough points for a swarm!" lolz

u mad

Neo Member
If quickscoping is so easy, why is it 99% of the time when someone is quickscoping in game they go negative?

Seriously, for all the people in this thread who says it's easy, can I watch you go a round or two doing it and having a high K/D ratio to prove it? I'm not doubting you, I play with aim assist off so maybe that is why I have so much difficulty finding it easy myself. But like I said most people in game do bad when doing it, from my experience.

It seems if anything the RoF is a huge hindrance. Can't see how it is easier than say mowing people down with an SMG in this game, or getting 1HKs back to back with the KSG, etc.

789shadow

Banned
If quickscoping is so easy, why is it 99% of the time when someone is quickscoping in game they go negative?

Seriously, for all the people in this thread who says it's easy, can I watch you go a round or two doing it and having a high K/D ratio to prove it? I'm not doubting you, I play with aim assist off so maybe that is why I have so much difficulty finding it easy myself. But like I said most people in game do bad when doing it, from my experience.

It seems if anything the RoF is a huge hindrance. Can't see how it is easier than say mowing people down with an SMG in this game, or getting 1HKs back to back with the KSG, etc.
Who cares about K/D, it's the total bullshit of being unavoidably one-shot in even one instance.

u mad

Neo Member
Who cares about K/D, it's the total bullshit of being unavoidably one-shot in even one instance.

I 1HK people all the time using my KSG and long barrel from the same ranges snipers quickscope...

Watch the youtube quickscope accuracy videos and see the effective range of it.

Then check the KSG 1HK videos. Not only that, but the KSG has a higher rate of fire.

Not seeing your point at all.

aku:jiki

It's not easy, people just complain about it because it's annoying to die that way when you're on a good streak. And, like putin posted, it's made worse and even more annoying by the lag. I mean, we see killcams where an SMG spray looks like it misses 90% of its bullets all the time and get annoyed, but somehow it's even more annoying when it's just one bullet that looks like it missed you.

But, yeah, I do agree with you and I find it absurd that people like to complain about how they "abuse aim assist," as if the SMGs, LMGs or ARs don't do the exact same thing.

It's not easy, people just complain about it because it's annoying to die that way when you're on a good streak. And, like putin posted, it's made worse and even more annoying by the lag. I mean, we see killcams where an SMG spray looks like it misses 90% of its bullets all the time and get annoyed, but somehow it's even more annoying when it's just one bullet that looks like it missed you.

But, yeah, I do agree with you and I find it absurd that people like to complain about how they "abuse aim assist," as if the SMGs, LMGs or ARs don't do the exact same thing.

I kind of wish Sniper rifles would be taken out of the game.

It just annoys me that i shoot first yet lose firefights to snipers very often.

u mad

Neo Member
It just annoys me that i shoot first yet lose firefights to snipers very often.

It's going to happen whenever in gun fights with an enemy that has a 1HK weapon.

Whether it be a 870 user up close, a KSG user who knows how to aim, or even a ballistic knife thrower.

I have a blast running around smaller maps with ballistic knives and getting kills by shooting them. People said it was cheap since I kill them even though they get the first shot. If you are getting annoyed because you are dying to someone who is shooting ballistic knives at you even though you fired first, something is wrong at your end.

If you play on hardcore, you'll find that this is less of a problem, as pretty much any gun will kill the person really, really fast.

I kind of wish Sniper rifles would be taken out of the game.

If you play objective modes, especially on ground war, they offer a unique role that adds a level to complexity

I don't play TDM (unless it is part of a clan challenge I'm in or something) so the snipers you encounter are mostly hardscopers, providing cover while the team caps a point.

Even the amazing quick scopers dont do that well, everytime I play against a good one I look at the scoreboard and he will be like 25-20. Which is good but I have yet to see one go like 40-3 quickscoping. Somehow they still make me rage more than the guy going 40-3.

What level can you prestige the launchers and riot shield on? Couldn't find any answers

Get your shield kills on Hardcore Hijacked, one hit kills with it on HC and the map is small enough to surprise people. The later challenges for shield will have to be spread out over other maps and game types, though domination is good for the axe challenge.

u mad

Neo Member
They really need to add a penalty for exiting games during the middle of a match.

So tired of the opposing team leaving whenever I use a Lodestar.

Just got one on Express and literally the entire opposing team except for 2 people dropped out of the game.

Nori Chan

Get your shield kills on Hardcore Hijacked, one hit kills with it on HC and the map is small enough to surprise people. The later challenges for shield will have to be spread out over other maps and game types, though domination is good for the axe challenge.

wat

Lol I asked what level can you prestige it so I can get my clan tag and emblem hahaha

FINALLY got the "cap all 3 domination flags for 3 min" challenge earlier today with friends. Feels good.

In other news, just experienced some glitch where I couldn't kill anyone and they couldn't kill me. It's like I was in the game but I wasn't. We could see each other and shoot each other but it had no effect on us. Very weird. When I noticed this, I jumped off the map to see if that would fix things but it didn't so I left the room.

There was a host migration that happened during halftime (playing domination btw) which may have been the cause? I'll be uploading the clip later.

If you're using the Wii remote, try and aim from the hip more, saves time not going into ADS, and the remote dot on the screen allows you to aim a lot better from the hip than dual analog users. Definitely practice against the bots like said above, and find the range you can effectively do this from. The Wii remote takes some getting used to, it's hard not to overcompensate when aiming at people, but in time it'll come.

If you want, you can add me, and feel free to join my games if I'm online. NNID: lamaroo

Thanks! I added you...my ID is themariolink

You may have killed me before!

bluehat9

So the Trip Cap challenge has to be three consecutive minutes I guess? Because I was in a game where there were only 3 people on the other team, we won something like 200-30, holding all the flags for I don't know how long and ended up with nothing.

Sucks because its the only dom challenge I'm missing and I'll never get it unless I stumble into a game with a team that is going for it.

Didn't realize how much I miss flak jacket either until I prestiged again and wasted my permanent unlock on the FAL, lol.

Radec

So the Trip Cap challenge has to be three consecutive minutes I guess? Because I was in a game where there were only 3 people on the other team, we won something like 200-30, holding all the flags for I don't know how long and ended up with nothing.

Sucks because its the only dom challenge I'm missing and I'll never get it unless I stumble into a game with a team that is going for it.

Didn't realize how much I miss flak jacket either until I prestiged again and wasted my permanent unlock on the FAL, lol.

Yes. Maybe they cap one in the middle of the game.

Got it when blops decided to drop 5 people from the enemy team and forgot to add more.

u mad

Neo Member

I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to play Dom efficiently without flak jacket (unless you play a purely defensive role).

I tried to get by without using it, it is impossible to consistently capture points (especially B) without it. The difference it makes is retarded. You go from dying because a grenade blew up 10 ft away from you, behind a short wall to being able to see the semtex stuck right in front of your feet and walking away from it like nothing.

I tried to even replace flak jacket with trophy systems. Doesn't work. Within about 5 seconds of the opposing team spamming grenades, both trophy systems are gone.

Top Bottom