• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Ensoul

I have been using the s12 shotgun for the past week and I have been pretty sucessful in TDM anyway. Yeah it is not always pretty for me but no one uses them and when people go up against them they are a little surprised how quickly they can die. Very underrated gun.

zeelman

I have been using the s12 shotgun for the past week and I have been pretty sucessful in TDM anyway. Yeah it is not always pretty for me but no one uses them and when people go up against them they are a little surprised how quickly they can die. Very underrated gun.

Too bad most people pull out the R870 in response to it.

Ensoul

Does resetting your stats also reset your prestige rank? I saw someone who went back to 0 prestige.

It does. It is a complete reset and it is like you're playing the game for the first time.

Bloodthirsty for the knife. Any tips?

Have not even attempted this but I assume a course of action would be to use Lightweight/Dexterity/extreme conditioning. Not sure there is much skill involved in this you just have to run around like crazy and hope for the best. Good luck as this will probably be frustrating lol.

GodofWine

I tried that Hijacked camp with a shield and trophy system...never used either of those before...went 19-1. next game went 9-5, if the other team rushes the room they can forcibly remove you. BUT if i had put the proper guardian and sentry streaks in my build out id still be in that room...theyd have to sink the boat to get me out :)

cheap fun entertainment.

I tried that Hijacked camp with a shield and trophy system...never used either of those before...went 19-1. next game went 9-5, if the other team rushes the room they can forcibly remove you. BUT if i had put the proper guardian and sentry streaks in my build out id still be in that room...theyd have to sink the boat to get me out :)

cheap fun entertainment.

hah, thats the best place to camp on that map; though i try not to go there from the beginning of the round. i like to bait people to come into that room, and after a couple of kills, i'll go out to the balcony and wait there. once i die i just go back to playing on the perimeter.

so fmj is just a placebo effect?

u mad

Neo Member

S12 really shines on hardcore, where it is mostly 1 hit kill. IMO vastly superior to the 870 in hardcore, since they both kill just as quickly except s12 has faster rate of fire.

I did it by doing:

Lightweight + Ghost
Scavenger
Tactical Mask

Concussion grenades x 2

you can also take additional non-lethals using that one wild card, flash bangs would be good.

Run around knifing and spamming your non lethals on smaller maps. Scavenger will replenish them and tactical mask will protect you from stunning yourself.

Does resetting your stats also reset your prestige rank? I saw someone who went back to 0 prestige.

Yup back to 0. I went from Prestige Master to as if I've never played multiplayer before.

Except you get a calling card out of it :p

Radec

Im gonna get atleast 3 prestige levels this coming double xp.

PDW + UAV + LS + CUAV + Tact are just too good.

K/d might suffer but the points youll get are ridiculous. Especially when you are in a good party at ground war.

Nori Chan

I did it by doing:

Lightweight + Ghost
Scavenger
Tactical Mask

Concussion grenades x 2

you can also take additional non-lethals using that one wild card, flash bangs would be good.

Run around knifing and spamming your non lethals on smaller maps. Scavenger will replenish them and tactical mask will protect you from stunning yourself.

No extreme conditioning?

u mad

Neo Member
No extreme conditioning?

Yes, extreme conditioning as well, sorry.

Was going off of memory.

Use extreme conditioning + greed 3 to use tactical mask as well instead of the wildcard that gives you extra non-lethals.

I believe that should be 10 slots. If less pick whatever else you want. You could also pick a launcher and in turn get rid of Ghost and Greed 1. This will keep you off the UAV while saving 1 slot.

On small maps if you make it rain concussion grenades knifing is pretty easy.

Flanking helps a lot too. An easy way to get bloodthirsty on hijack for example is use the the under area of the boat to get to the other side of the ship. Where you pop out at their end, you are near the room where most of them run through to get to the main area of the ship. You can just hide there until you see 1-2 guys run by. Stab them both quickly then run upstairs, go to the upper level area and wait on the balcony until you see a guy run by, stab him then I jump back into the underground area and wait. Then repeat.

Works best on objective modes where the spawn sides are less likely to flip, especially if the team isn't overly aggressive.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, after that Hijacked camper video, it seems I run into at least one person trying to hold down the room in the same way each time I play the map. Thus far, they're not nearly as good as I'm usually able to root 'em out.

Did the Stat Reset, more bars to fill!

u mad

Neo Member
Im gonna get atleast 3 prestige levels this coming double xp.

PDW + UAV + LS + CUAV + Tact are just too good.

K/d might suffer but the points youll get are ridiculous. Especially when you are in a good party at ground war.

I've recently been playing around with UAV/Hunter Killer/Care Package with engineer so you can reroll the care package. I get like 4-6 care packages a round.

Hilarious when you end up getting vtol warship or lodestar within the first 1 min of the game. On domination it pretty much assures a victory for that round.

Man, after that Hijacked camper video, it seems I run into at least one person trying to hold down the room in the same way each time I play the map. Thus far, they're not nearly as good as I'm usually able to root 'em out.

Did the Stat Reset, more bars to fill!

Yeah I've seen it a few times. EMP makes short work of their setup.

kuYuri

One thing about that camping spot is that it's easier to rid of the streaks/equipment than you think. Trophy System in this game does destroy EMP grenades, but even if that is the case, EMP effect can go through walls, Trophy cannot. So if a player just EMPs the first floor of that room, the effect should go through the floor and destroy all equipment.

I just tested this in a private custom game.

u mad

Neo Member
One thing about that camping spot is that it's easier to rid of the streaks/equipment than you think. Trophy System in this game does destroy EMP grenades, but even if that is the case, EMP effect can go through walls, Trophy cannot. So if a player just EMPs the first floor of that room, the effect should go through the floor and destroy all equipment.

I just tested this in a private custom game.

Yes this was already brought up :p

the range on EMP grenades is absurd. in that case, throwing the grenade on the first level but under the equipment or throwing it in the stairway that leads to the 2nd level would both destroy it. Throwing it on the balcony area near where he was camping would destroy it to (both the front and back balcony)

Took out some hellstorm missiles with an EMP grenade today. Dead srs, was a total accident but it happened. Threw my grenade right where they were about to land and they were neutralized. Got 150 pts per missile.

I've also taken out hunter killers with EMP grenades. Throw it shortly after you hear the sound of them coming in on you.

kuYuri

Yes this was already brought up :p

the range on EMP grenades is absurd. in that case, throwing the grenade on the first level but under the equipment or throwing it in the stairway that leads to the 2nd level would both destroy it. Throwing it on the balcony area near where he was camping would destroy it to (both the front and back balcony)

Took out some hellstorm missiles with an EMP grenade today. Dead srs, was a total accident but it happened. Threw my grenade right where they were about to land and they were neutralized. Got 150 pts per missile.

I've also taken out hunter killers with EMP grenades. Throw it shortly after you hear the sound of them coming in on you.

My bad, missed those post. :p

But yes, EMP grenades is too good. It's now standard equipment for almost all my classes. Is it possible to EMP nade things like Stealth Choppers, VTOL, etc?

u mad

Neo Member
My bad, missed those post. :p

But yes, EMP grenades is too good. It's now standard equipment for almost all my classes. Is it possible to EMP nade things like Stealth Choppers, VTOL, etc?

I don't think so, I've tried

My observations: the EMP cannot be primed like the hand grenade and regardless of what angle you throw it at or from what height, the timer is so long that it will hit the floor by the time it goes off.

You can throw it straight up in the air, and it wont go off until it hits the ground. Maybe it requires impact to detonate.

It does wreck AGRs. Take 2 EMPs to destroy an AGR but 1 EMP will stun it long enough for you to destroy it by shooting it.

Nori Chan

Lol got 5 blood thirsties today with my knife. Boy that took a while.

2 on express, 1 on cargo, and 2 on raid. So happy. SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND

Radec

I've recently been playing around with UAV/Hunter Killer/Care Package with engineer so you can reroll the care package. I get like 4-6 care packages a round.

Hilarious when you end up getting vtol warship or lodestar within the first 1 min of the game. On domination it pretty much assures a victory for that round.

Im a care package guy when im golding my LMGs and ARs. but recently i love to move around and flank everyone behind. Cant do that with care package holding you on a certain position while waiting.

u mad

Neo Member
Im a care package guy when im golding my LMGs and ARs. but recently i love to move around and flank everyone behind. Cant do that with care package holding you on a certain position while waiting.

UAV/VSAT/Lodestar is my go-to streak (until Swarm gets unlocked).

Down side to care packages is I really have to be using engineer or else I feel like it gets wasted (since you can re-roll it) and also it can be annoying trying to use a care package when you are playing against an aggressive team, causing the sides to flip.

When I'm playing against a clan or an objective mode with good people, often our spawn side will get flanked and the sides will flip. Nothing worse than having an enemy steal your k9 unit care package :( (happened last night)

Random begging; If anyone can get me download codes for the 360 version of the Nuketown zombie map that would be amazing. Your generosity would be greatly appreciated by a group of my pals. Thanks!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Dear Call of Duty devs,

Stop making it count as a loss when the host dashboards. It's stupid.

Thanks.

Radec

Dear Call of Duty devs,

Thanks.

Also when you dropped and the medals/callsigns you earned on that game should be counted like how kills/deaths do.

I got my last relentless and probably 1 quad feed on a game but got dropped and my earned medals didnt register.

Dear Call of Duty devs,

Thanks.

It's been like this since Call of Duty 4. This is just one of the many things they are too lazy to fix because they are busy wallowing around in bathtubs full of money. They know people keep buying the game, so there's no incentive to fix it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

What seems to work for most people is knifing from about 20 feet away.

Doesn't where matter where I do it from though. If I'm at a legit distance my knife goes right through them like they are Slimer. If I knife from the ridiculous range that everyone else does I get sucked in by the knife lunge and shot after my knife slices them.

zeelman

That's it, I give up on this game until they patch it. It doesn't matter what time of day I play this game, I always get put into shitty lobbies with terrible connections. Playing this game in its current form is just exhausting, even when I'm doing decently and we're winning the game. It feels like I'm playing an even worse version of MW3.

That's it, I give up on this game until they patch it. It doesn't matter what time of day I play this game, I always get put into shitty lobbies with terrible connections. Playing this game in its current form is just exhausting, even when I'm doing decently and we're winning the game. It feels like I'm playing an even worse version of MW3.

Impossible!!!!!!!!

220154_o.gif

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
How come when I hover over multiplayer and press Y it's not set to default next time I boot up the game?

Top Bottom