• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Do you have an open NAT? If so then close your pets and make it moderate NAT and see the immediate results.

I know he meant PORTS instead of pets but does this actually do anything or is it just another placebo effect?

I tried everything that everyone said weeks ago and yeah I'd have a few good games where shit seemed better and then, poof, it'd be right back to the same old laggy shit again. Its so random. I can feel like a beast one game and the next game, same lobby, same players and go like 11-19.

I know he meant PORTS instead of pets but does this actually do anything or is it just another placebo effect?

I tried everything that everyone said weeks ago and yeah I'd have a few good games where shit seemed better and then, poof, it'd be right back to the same old laggy shit again. Its so random. I can feel like a beast one game and the next game, same lobby, same players and go like 11-19.

Opening NAT just makes it so you can connect to others in xbox live parties easier and other people in general.

Without Open NAT, you'll NEVER get host.

And since you can't connect to certain people, you'll never get matchmade with them.

Does it do anything to affect your connection? Nope, unless you believe host is better, which would only be the case in MW2 and the cods before it.

Fantasmo

The only way I was able to have successful BO2 matches was to switch to PS3 and use Wifi. It would still vary, but I was no longer a second behind regularly, if Wifi's an option for you. YMMV

Dreaver

I just completed the single player. Pretty medicore and a terrible ending which kinda ruined the game for me (results of my choices?). The game has some very nice changes compared to previous installations (I loved the MW trilogy), but it's pretty boring overall... Pretty disappointing.

GOOD
- Obviously the new setting is a good thing, it's refreshing and has some cool crossover things with Black Ops I.
- The choices you make is a VERY good new thing. I hope they add it in the future CoD's.
- More variety in enemies, very good thing.
- Secondary objectives are also a nice new thing, though I'd prefer them to make them more obvious (and accessible in game).
- Selecting your gear is a nice touch, gives more customzation.
- Some futuristic tech was pretty cool, also the planes and chopper drones were awesome.
- Memendez and Woods are badass.
- The veteran difficulty has less bullshit parts/spawns compared to previous CoD's.
- There were a few cool parts:
The Island (especially the dubstep part!), the part where you fly down with wings (last level) and one of the beginning levels in India, with the gravity gloves.
- The
bonus ending with Avenged Sevenfold was very funny and well done.

BAD
- As I stated, the game is pretty boring.
- The story, especially the ending. WHAT THE FUCK?
All the drones self destructed, I kill Memendez and the game is over? Also what happend to Karma, who escaped in my game? I never saw her again? I have no idea what did happen.
- Strike Force, wow this must be the most terrible additional new thing. I have no idea how I am supposed to "win" this, and it also influences the story?
- The game has a few TERRIBLE parts:
the flying jet part, what the fuck were they thinking? The controls are so fucked up and it's very bad designed. Also the chopper part in the '80's was so bad, taking out 20+ choppers with a Stinger with unlimited ammo from a horse? Hahahaha. These might be the two worst parts in CoD history.
- Less scripted awesomeness
the whole highway part felt so cheap, terrible slowmo's. Also the level felt stolen from the Battlefield 3 SP.

u mad

Neo Member
Any tips on sniping? I never seem to be fast and accurate enough, always one or the other

according to some of the people in this thread, it is very easy once you "exploit" the aim assist. All you have to do is quickscope and the aim assist will do all the rest of the work for you ;)

I'm still waiting for them to demonstrate the ease to which they can do this...

aku:jiki

I've had no luck quick scoping lol
First thing you need to do is raise your sensitivity, the higher the better. Second thing is to learn how and when to "halfscope," using LT to raise your accuracy but firing before the scope is fully up. Both can be pretty hard to get used to, but are necessary as the maps grow smaller and smaller with each game.

nitric0

Had my longest kill steak today, started a game of Demolition 27-0. I'm so in love with the R870 right now.
Nice.
Silenced AN94 is SOOOOOOOOOO good. I got 3 K9 units in a row with it
HolSpgI.jpg

foxdvd

had a weird match with a guy named oXMaverikXo His K/D is about 1.06, but he went 79-0. When I watched the replay it seemed like he was moving 3 or 4 times faster than everyone else...and no one seemed to see him. I went into his stats and found this..

cuDzXNZ.jpg

if you look his tag up in elite you can see that his secondary weapons are all jacked up like this...anyone else see anything like this?

test_account

XP-39C²
Saw a guy with 554 score per minute. He's at prestige 10 @5days~ playtime.

:O
A 99% chance that those are prestige hackers. Just look at the combat record and check weapon stats to be more sure. Many of them have basically expert weapon title on every weapon, and some even have it on weapons with only ~250 kills, which is impossible (except for SMAW and RPG).

Does anyone know if there is any point in reporting those prestige hackers? I usually send a report as them being cheaters, but i have no idea if Treyarc does anything or not.

And speaking about hacking, does anyone know if Treyarc or Infinity Ward has replied on why they havnt been able to fix these issues after so much time? Mainly thinking about leaderboard, prestige and title/emblem hacking. I never played Call of Duty 4 online, but i know that this issue has been present in all main console COD game since World At War. How is it possible not to fix and locate this problem after at least 5 games? I think Modern Warfare 3 holds the record for longest clean period (5-6 months i think).

I also noticed earlier today that it is not possible to use tactical insertion in Free-For-All. That is good, it stops boosters :) Kinda pointless when prestige and title/emblem hacking is possible though, but still nice that they tried to take messures to stop boosting.

Effect

Not really, just all the players that use the wiimote are easy targets. Everyone else is no better or worse compared to other platforms.

I really wish Treyarch would stop messing around and fix the damn controls. They were fine for all the past Wii games with them getting better with each game. Now suddenly they are broken with actual missing control options that were in the past games as late as Modern Warfare 3. What you describe would not be happening if the controls were as good as the past games. I can only assume they were released broken like this on purpose.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish Treyarch would stop messing around and fix the damn controls. They were fine for all the past Wii games with them getting better with each game. Now suddenly they are broken with actual missing control options that were in the past games as late as Modern Warfare 3. What you describe would not be happening if the controls were as good as the past games. I can only assume they were released broken like this on purpose.

Well, I don't see that happening. What I do notice is that dual analog players now have easier time hitting targets thanks to a gratuitous increase in aim assist. I can still down targets fast enough with my wii-mote. If by easy target you mean that I don't like to stay in one corner waiting for someone to pass through my crosshair, so it be.

popeutlal

Well, I don't see that happening. What I do notice is that dual analog players now have easier time hitting targets thanks to a gratuitous increase in aim assist. I can still down targets fast enough with my wii-mote. If by easy target you mean that I don't like to stay in one corner waiting for someone to pass through my crosshair, so it be.
All control schemes have the exact same aim assist.

Has anyone else found that head shots are not necessarily one hit kills? I first noticed this when I would repeatedly hit someone who was crouched behind an impervious barrier with only their head sticking out. There was nothing else I could possibly be hitting, so I must have hit their head. Except they would not die even after multiple hits. That was frustrating to say the least.

Over the last two days, I have (at point blank range) fired my weapon directly at the head of a sniper I snuck up behind, and half the time it takes more than one shot to kill them. It's awful.

What is this phenomenon?

Has anyone else found that head shots are not necessarily one hit kills? I first noticed this when I would repeatedly hit someone who was crouched behind an impervious barrier with only their head sticking out. There was nothing else I could possibly be hitting, so I must have hit their head. Except they would not die even after multiple hits. That was frustrating to say the least.

Over the last two days, I have (at point blank range) fired my weapon directly at the head of a sniper I snuck up behind, and half the time it takes more than one shot to kill them. It's awful.

What is this phenomenon?
Headshots aren't supposed to be one hit kills. The headshot multiplier is pretty small in this game.

u mad

Neo Member

What is this phenomenon?

drift0r has a good breakdown of the head multipliers on youtube, but often the benefit of getting a head shot is minimal at best.

it varies based on weapon, look at his "in depth" video for whatever gun you are curious about. often it is only like 1.2 or something around there, which doesn't do a whole lot. it also tends to be more significant the greater the distance, for many weapons.

Trying to get a bloodthirsty with the crossbow might just put me in the nut house. Always max out at 4 kills.....I don't even care about the crossbow, I just want my diamond shield.

u mad

Neo Member
Trying to get a bloodthirsty with the crossbow might just put me in the nut house. Always max out at 4 kills.....I don't even care about the crossbow, I just want my diamond shield.

Might seem a bit obvious, but are you playing Sticks and Stones?

Much, much easier doing it there.

Another option is Tri-Bolt + Scavenger. IIRC, I read somewhere that Tri-Bolt will work with Scavenger. I guess they don't register as explosion kills since the arrows cause the death first. Probably would work best on hardcore.

KSG + Red Dot and Long Barrel = FAL + shotgun in MW2. They should really fix this. Try it out for yourself. It has insane range that in hardcore people will always report you for cheating.

zeelman

You don't actually have to get the Bloodthirsty medal with the crossbow. As long as there are five crossbow kills in your streak, it will count.

KSG + Red Dot and Long Barrel = FAL + shotgun in MW2. They should really fix this. Try it out for yourself. It has insane range that in hardcore people will always report you for cheating.

Yeah man, that shotgun that is a nightmare to use in close range is OP because it has a OHK range notably further than the 870.

It's not like we have a gun in this game with an infinite OHK range that functions very similarly, right?

Nori Chan

Yes yes. So goooood

But seriously I cannot for the life of me hit anything without the red dot. Iron sights do me so horribly with the ksg.

Vonderhaar posted this on Twitter a couple hours ago:

Still at work doing that final grind on the next update. It's a big one. Nerfs. Buffs. Bug fixes. Features. Dinosaurs. Details to come.

I'm trying to stay encouraged that a fix will come to address the bullshit connection issues that this game continues to be plagued with, but if this next patch doesn't address it, I'm out. The vast majority of my friends list have already abandoned BOII for this very issue and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy the DLC with the game in it's current state.

As for Nerfs and Buffs, they will probably nerf the Remington and SMG's (PDW and MSMC in particular because they along with the Remington are all anyone use) while giving a moderate buff to shitty guns like the SWAT that won't change a damn thing. Also, they might want to add footsteps into the game because Awareness and Dead Silence continue to be completely useless.

Cudder

I've been rocking Worms setup on every map and have been having more fun in this game than ever. If I can't have any fun run and gunning due to lag comp, then I can definitely have fun camping and pissing everyone else off.

Might seem a bit obvious, but are you playing Sticks and Stones?

Much, much easier doing it there.

Another option is Tri-Bolt + Scavenger. IIRC, I read somewhere that Tri-Bolt will work with Scavenger. I guess they don't register as explosion kills since the arrows cause the death first. Probably would work best on hardcore.

I got all the other camo's on S&S, as for the Tribolt I saw some vids of people doing that but when I use it the arrows never instant kill, they stick and explode thus leaving no scavenger ammo behind.

You don't actually have to get the Bloodthirsty medal with the crossbow. As long as there are five crossbow kills in your streak, it will count.

I don't understand.

aku:jiki

Oh my, if anyone is fed up with this game and still has MW3, I highly recommend popping it in. Disable DLC if you have it and enjoy the noob slaughter, there's clueless level 25's filling up every lobby! Got 2 MOABs without even noticing how well I was doing!

I guess lots of people who skipped it when it came out picked it up on sale, or something. It's like christmas noobs but in the wrong game.

maomaoIYP

Oh my, if anyone is fed up with this game and still has MW3, I highly recommend popping it in. Disable DLC if you have it and enjoy the noob slaughter, there's clueless level 25's filling up every lobby! Got 2 MOABs without even noticing how well I was doing!

I guess lots of people who skipped it when it came out picked it up on sale, or something. It's like christmas noobs but in the wrong game.

I did that the other day too! Opposing team was leading by 6, game was set to end, I got a MOAB and beat them right at the end by 2 kills. DAMN it was fun.

Vonderhaar posted this on Twitter a couple hours ago:

As for Nerfs and Buffs, they will probably nerf the Remington and SMG's (PDW and MSMC in particular because they along with the Remington are all anyone use) while giving a moderate buff to shitty guns like the SWAT that won't change a damn thing. Also, they might want to add footsteps into the game because Awareness and Dead Silence continue to be completely useless.

If they end up nerfing any of the shotguns at all then they are fucking idiots. In S&D (a mode where you rarely see people using inferior weapons), you only see the remington out of all the shotguns and it's still 80-90% SMG, AR, and Sniper. I do think he will likely do the following:
- Some buff to the grip. The fact that everyone has bothered him about how hard it is to even notice what it does probably made him realize that it doesn't do enough
- A nerf to the target finder. Either they could put sway on it, increase the recoil, or increase the ADS time for it

I hope he also fixes the following:
- Rapid Fire on the HAMR, which currently only increases the RoF for the later shots
- ADS time on LMGs, which currently you need a quickdraw in order to get the same ADS time as in BO1
- Buff the shotguns (especially the executioner) they currently put you at a severe disadvantage if you aren't playing hijacked or yemen
- some hardwired buff. Even they have to notice that literally NO ONE is using.
- EOTech buff
- Variable Zoom buff for LMGs.

zeelman

- A nerf to the target finder. Either they could put sway on it, increase the recoil, or increase the ADS time for it

They gotta add sway to the sniper scopes and the acog as well then. They also need to add flinch back to the sniper scopes as well. Snipers are too overpowered in their current form. The SVU is probably the worst offender. It needs a significant amount of recoil added to it.

I think he means that you dont have to get 5 kills in a row with the crossbow (or any other weapon with that same challenge for that matter). It is enough to get 5 kills with it in one life.

Yes, this is what I'm saying.

maomaoIYP

It's hard to nerf the PDW without changing the clip size, that thing is basically a lmg on speed. I am pretty sure they're not going to do anything to footsteps, they didn't in BO1 and I'm pretty sure it's part of their anti-camper agenda. The SWAT is actually ok............but only on bigass maps like Turbine and Carrier AND if you're not running all over the place.

I sure as hell hope they nerf the target finder. Adding sway is probably a better option, considering target finder users already spend 90% of their time ADS.

Top Bottom