• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

They gotta add sway to the sniper scopes and the acog as well then.

Not sure what you mean with sniper scopes. Variable Zoom and Dual Band already have sway on LMGs.

For ARs and LMGs ACOG having no sway gives people a reason to use it over the hybrid sight. Makes it a great anti-headglitcher attachment.

Target Finder, meanwhile, has no sway, highlights enemies with diamonds, lets you know if you are aiming at a player (even if said player has cooldblooded), and gives you EOTech Zoom. The only downsides are the slightly narrowed vision, slightly thick dot on the reticle, and the diamond sometimes making it difficult to line up a shot against a headglitcher.

Magik

Forget buffs and nerfs, focus on the improving the spawn logic and lag comp.

Oh yeah, totally for about this one, but on the PS3, how about fixing all the random game lag that happens from the menus to even at the beginning of the god damn matches. Its rather annoying to click on an option, have the game lag a few seconds, pick another option, it lags again and so on.

Forget buffs and nerfs, focus on the improving the spawn logic and lag comp.

Lag comp complaints are mostly BS. This game has little to no lag comp and almost any connection issues tend to be the result of who you are playing against and/or the host advantage in this game. This isn't MW3 where 2bars is a good thing. They might want to have a way to better track lag switchers, but other than that it's pretty much the same as CoD4.

Spawn Logic could be worked on, but for most of the stages it either is not a problem (compared to how bad it was in MW3) or can't be fixed without changing the layout of a stage.

Weapon/Attachment/Perk/Etc. buffs/fixes/nerfs are much more doable.

Lag comp complaints are mostly BS. This game has little to no lag comp and almost any connection issues tend to be the result of who you are playing against and/or the host advantage in this game. This isn't MW3 where 2bars is a good thing. They might want to have a way to better track lag switchers, but other than that it's pretty much the same as CoD4.

Spawn Logic could be worked on, but for most of the stages it either is not a problem (compared to how bad it was in MW3) or can't be fixed without changing the layout of a stage.

You gotta be kidding me with this crap. I take it you have not played CoD4 recently? Do it, please, it's like night and day. Lag comp and latency issues in BOII isn't just something people who are bad at the game complain about because they suck, most of the best players in the world have said time and time again that the lag is killing this game. By your logic it seems that everyone just happens to be getting a worse connection to who they are playing against compared to previous CoD games, which is garbage. All of the guys on my friends list have abandoned BOII because on lag issues, and these people even played the severely flawed MW3 for about 6 months. I'm sure you and David Vonderhaar are right though, and it's just everyone else who is wrong............sure.

Please list which stages spawn logic isn't a problem on, because it is on a vast majority of them.

oh come on, and yes the game has lag compensation, if there wasn't any then players would be warping everywhere when they move and most people wouldn't find the game playable, every online game at least needs SOME sort of network smoothing.

Vonderhaar posted this on Twitter a couple hours ago:

I'm trying to stay encouraged that a fix will come to address the bullshit connection issues that this game continues to be plagued with, but if this next patch doesn't address it, I'm out. The vast majority of my friends list have already abandoned BOII for this very issue and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy the DLC with the game in it's current state.

As for Nerfs and Buffs, they will probably nerf the Remington and SMG's (PDW and MSMC in particular because they along with the Remington are all anyone use) while giving a moderate buff to shitty guns like the SWAT that won't change a damn thing. Also, they might want to add footsteps into the game because Awareness and Dead Silence continue to be completely useless.

Nope, never gonna happen. They haven't even acknowledged it's an issue and are pinning the blame on it being an user ISP issue.

Even if you're playing against yourself? Lag compensation spiked in BO with the introduction of theater mode and has progressively gotten worse with each new release. IW acknowledged the issue with MW3 and made weekly adjustments to balance it - go check the release notes for various MW3 patches and hot fixes and lag compensation tweaks are mentioned numerous times. Treyarch on the other hand has not yet acknowledged it as an issue and instead gets nasty and defensive if you even mention it. Lag compensation was no where near as bad in CoD4 or MW2, and it's peaked at an all time high in BO2 due to poor gameplay decisions Treyarch incorporated.

You gotta be kidding me with this crap. I take it you have not played CoD4 recently? Do it, please, it's like night and day. Lag comp and latency issues in BOII isn't just something people who are bad at the game complain about because they suck,

I'm not saying it's that. I'm saying that a lot of the time it's an issue of someone playing a game where host is notably further away than optimal. If you are in a game that already has 150+ ping and you aren't host, don't get your hopes up.

Please list which stages spawn logic isn't a problem on, because it is on a vast majority of them.

The only stages with truly problematic spawns would be Raid, Hijacked, Meltdown, Carrier, and Slums. And nuketown too, but that's because nuketown is the second worst map ever created.

Raid's problem has mostly to do with the game liking the garage spawn a bit too much. They might be able to fix it by having the spawn logic a little more biased towards the areas next to the garage.

Meltdown has a similar problem with the spawn side of the map with the slope. Might be fixable by having players spawn in the room next to said slope or the open area to its right.

Hijacked is a shitty stage in general with not enough rooms. They could start having people spawn in the basement but such a thing would likely lead to spawntrapping people in the basement.

Carrier is just a bad map in general. It encourages sniper spawn trapping and has all the problems of an MW3 map and cannot be hoped to be fixed unless they were to add more junk to the middle of the map, which they aren't going to do.

Slums has the issue of not having enough rooms on the map. Another issue that would require them changing geometry to the map to fix, which we know won't happen.

Drone, Standoff, Express, Aftermath, Overflow, Plaza, Turbine, and Yemen all have fine spawns.

So there are two maps that have spawn logic which could be tweaked a little. The spawn logic complaints remind me of MW3 where people had the dumb idea that the spawns actually could be fixed on maps like mission and dome that didn't even have areas designed for safe spawning. Hijacked, Slums, and Carrier and not fixable maps. Get over it and instead ask them to fix shit that actually is fixable, like the uselessness of hardwired.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT - ^^^ That might be why I'm not seeing them, but I swear even guys I kill with my gun don't always drop them either.

Does anyone know why I don't see the blue ammo packs on dead bodies when I have scavenger equipped? At first I thought they only showed up on guys I killed, but even then, I'll drop a guy and there's no ammo pack to pick up. What's the deal?

u mad

Neo Member
EDIT - ^^^ That might be why I'm not seeing them, but I swear even guys I kill with my gun don't always drop them either.

Does anyone know why I don't see the blue ammo packs on dead bodies when I have scavenger equipped? At first I thought they only showed up on guys I killed, but even then, I'll drop a guy and there's no ammo pack to pick up. What's the deal?

If they died as a result of explosive damage, they drop nothing.

Also I believe they drop nothing if they died from scorestreaks.

maomaoIYP

Using scavenger, how many bouncing betties can you have active at one time?

You can have two in your inventory even if you didn't start with danger close. When you see a scavenger bag, drop your normal claymore/betty/C4/shock charge, pick up the bag, then pick up your initially dropped item.

Alss, if they switch classes the scavenger bag will disappear. It could be an exploit but I doubt it since it's been that way since MW2.

adelante

And if I'm not mistaken, if your teammates happen to run over that scavenger bag, it'll disappear? It'll look as though they've picked it up but nothing actually happens on their side. Or maybe my mind's been playing tricks on me cos I swear I dropped plenty of guys with my gun but the bag's gone by the time I get to it..

maomaoIYP

So, I'm starting a Road to Diamond Camo series with my thoughts/experiences on Assault Rifles, and my recommendations. SWAT-556 and FAL should be up in a day or two.

MTAR:
http://youtu.be/rnFcJCLKCu8

Type 25:
http://youtu.be/7sSqjCXYmVY

Have you finished all the ARs yet? I'm left with SCAR, MTAR and Type 25. Got the 100 headshots already, working on the 150 with no attachments and no perks. I do those two annoying ones at the same time to minimize the pain, it works ok paired up with a launcher to take out UAVs.

Have you finished all the ARs yet? I'm left with SCAR, MTAR and Type 25. Got the 100 headshots already, working on the 150 with no attachments and no perks. I do those two annoying ones at the same time to minimize the pain, it works ok paired up with a launcher to take out UAVs.

I just need to do the M27.

Isn't it more annoying to do them both at the same time? You're putting yourself at a pretty big disadvantage.

u mad

Neo Member
I just got a kill...using an EMP grenade. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I went into theater. And yes, got a kill using an EMP grenade. The guy must have had low health or something.

Isn't it more annoying to do them both at the same time? You're putting yourself at a pretty big disadvantage.

I do both at the same time also. I just want to get it over with. Suprisingly I often do well for some reason. Working on Diamond LMGs and I just had some great games with the LSAT + no perks and no attachments. You can still use wildcards, so I take advantage of that.

RoKKeR

I've adamantly resisted using snipers, but finally caved today and am absolutely loving the DSR. I don't claim to be some quickscoping pro but I can get myself around just fine. It can get frustrating when you are missing a lot of shots, but damn is it fun and rewarding when you get on a good spree.

I'd been grinding through the SMG's and just got bored, so I'm glad I made the switch. I'm having a lot of fun right now.

Worst post in a long time.

t71wjn.gif

PandaL

0404_yzbl2.gif

You're not allowed to have a different opinion than everyone else here. We have to pretend we have lag issues too.

Radec

So..first package i got on a Kill confirmed game is a K9.

The enemy team didnt get a chance to recover. Went like 49-1 on that game. Sucks that i was like 2 kills short for a relentless medal. :/

You're not allowed to have a different opinion than everyone else here. We have to pretend we have lag issues too.

No, you don't have to pretend that you have lag issues because for some strange reason you were blessed with the almighty Vonderhaar connection where you are not affected by lag comp when even those playing on the same console do. Just don't tell everyone else there are no lag issues when they have been WELL documented.

I just got a kill...using an EMP grenade. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I went into theater. And yes, got a kill using an EMP grenade. The guy must have had low health or something.

Always annoying in hardcore mode when you kill a team mate with an EMP/flashbang or worse, they kill you.

maomaoIYP

Actually the big disadvantage is mostly imaginary and not really that big. I play TDM almost exclusively, so the only streak to worry about is the UAV, and I shoot down always instantly.
My normal AR setup mostly: silencer + red dot, ghost, scavenger, engineer, C4, black hat x 2, FHJ launcher.

I change this to just C4 x 2, concussion x 2, FHJ launcher and still average 15-25 kills per match. I can duck betties on reaction and I can hear shock charges, so the only thing that gets me is mostly claymores which most people don't use. Most of the time after the 150 kills are done the others are almost done as well.

No, you don't have to pretend that you have lag issues because for some strange reason you were blessed with the almighty Vonderhaar connection where you are not affected by lag comp when even those playing on the same console do. Just don't tell everyone else there are no lag issues when they have been WELL documented.

exactly, all he had to do was say that he wasn't having any issues and not tell everyone else they're blowing things out of proportion.

Actually the big disadvantage is mostly imaginary and not really that big. I play TDM almost exclusively, so the only streak to worry about is the UAV, and I shoot down always instantly.
My normal AR setup mostly: silencer + red dot, ghost, scavenger, engineer, C4, black hat x 2, FHJ launcher.

I change this to just C4 x 2, concussion x 2, FHJ launcher and still average 15-25 kills per match. I can duck betties on reaction and I can hear shock charges, so the only thing that gets me is mostly claymores which most people don't use. Most of the time after the 150 kills are done the others are almost done as well.

I think I'd do a lot worse though. Even if I managed to get a similar amount of kills I probably would tank my K/D ratio.

adelante

So falling care packages doesn't kill you anymore? I was breezing thru one match and decided to just fool around, crawled towards my teammate's care package drop zone and prone directly on top of the smoke grenade. Expected to die when box dropped but I got up and saw the package had landed barely outside the map, probably bounced off me lol. Poor teammate kept jumping trying to get it. Too bad the theater mode freaking glitched on me (keep getting error codes n long loads) otherwise I cldve seen how that happened!

eek5

I've been doing snipers+smgs together. I run sniper + overkill smg (no attachments) as my main set-up then when I get to the no-perk I run no-attachment sniper w/ no perks and triple attachment SMG to finish the sniper 50 kill + SMG no perk. Seems to balance out pretty well and gives me stuff to dump pick-10 into

maomaoIYP

I think I'd do a lot worse though. Even if I managed to get a similar amount of kills I probably would tank my K/D ratio.

I think it's a good measure of how familiar you are with the maps, the spawns and the weapon capabilities as a whole. I've got 287 SPM and 1.65 K/D, so it's not that hard to keep it up.

GodofWine

So falling care packages doesn't kill you anymore? I was breezing thru one match and decided to just fool around, crawled towards my teammate's care package drop zone and prone directly on top of the smoke grenade. Expected to die when box dropped but I got up and saw the package had landed barely outside the map, probably bounced off me...!

I know the AGR crate kills enemies...i got a final kill using it. Score limit was almost reached and I got an AGR, so i just tossed its smoke grenade over a wall into the middle of slums, it dropped in and I thought the tank got the last kill. Final kill cam showed the chopper hovering..the box falling..and some poor guy being in the wrong place at the wrong time..crushed him.

So falling care packages doesn't kill you anymore? I was breezing thru one match and decided to just fool around, crawled towards my teammate's care package drop zone and prone directly on top of the smoke grenade. Expected to die when box dropped but I got up and saw the package had landed barely outside the map, probably bounced off me lol. Poor teammate kept jumping trying to get it. Too bad the theater mode freaking glitched on me (keep getting error codes n long loads) otherwise I cldve seen how that happened!

They still kill. It's always funny seeing people jumping around at packages that fell outside the map or on a roof. Use a freaking blackhat to get them!

u mad

Neo Member

Killed 2 of my teammates with a care package last night. I guess that's what they get for camping the care package smoke grande hoping to swoop up the package?

u mad

Neo Member
Been doing a lot of HC SND recently. It can be fairly intense. Relying on sound is hugely important. Had no idea Awareness actually has its place in this game...

Also finally picked up a mic. Friends + mics = easy pwnage of everyone in game.

The only disadvantage you have by deciding to go for those camos is not having ghost. Doing both at the same time means you'll get your xp quicker and can move on to other challenges. Also, you're only at a disadvantage for 150 kills and not 300 kills.

And Nuketown 24/7 is by far the easiest way to do it, but nades will get frustrating for those 3 or 4 games you have no perks. FFA is by far the fastest way to do it. Possibly faster than Nuketown. You get 30 kills about every 3-4 minutes. It'll take 6 games usually cause you'll get kills with equipment/secondary on the way, so that's about 30 minutes of real life time. Hijacked is another good map to use the no perk/no attachment class to get it done.

u mad

Neo Member
One more probably obvious suggestion about doing the no attachment camo challenge:

Wait to prestige your gun until you have this challenge. There is no reason why you should prestige your gun before this. While doing the challenge, you can't use attachments so it wont hurt you to not have any until you unlock them.

I usually only prestige my guns once, and I do it during this challenge. If I still have more kills needed using no attachments and my gun is already prestige lvl 1, I'll prestige it again for the xp bonus you get.

Nabs

How's the game (mp) on PC? Trying to decide between PCand 360.

It's great.

- Dedicated Servers (with Matchmaking)
- Excellent performance (up to 200 fps in ranked multiplayer)
- 90 FOV
- No hacker problem (quick bans)

If you set your search preference to best, you should always be thrown in a 4 bar server.

RoKKeR

The only disadvantage you have by deciding to go for those camos is not having ghost. Doing both at the same time means you'll get your xp quicker and can move on to other challenges. Also, you're only at a disadvantage for 150 kills and not 300 kills.

And Nuketown 24/7 is by far the easiest way to do it, but nades will get frustrating for those 3 or 4 games you have no perks. FFA is by far the fastest way to do it. Possibly faster than Nuketown. You get 30 kills about every 3-4 minutes. It'll take 6 games usually cause you'll get kills with equipment/secondary on the way, so that's about 30 minutes of real life time. Hijacked is another good map to use the no perk/no attachment class to get it done.
I like to bite the bullet and do both at the same time. It's painful but once you get it over with you don't have to look back.

Speaking of Nuketown, I missed out on the launch copy deal (picked up the game around Christmas) and am out of a Nuketown code. I've looked around and they really are nowhere to be found. Any ideas on where to find one? If not, is it possible that they'll add it as a part of one of the later DLC's? (like they did with that Zombies map for the BO LE?)

Top Bottom