• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Yeah I keep hoping they'll put it up as DLC we can buy. I bought my copy day one and it never had a code, I didn't even know about the promo or I would have made sure when I got it.
Same thing happened with BF3, mine never had a Karkand code.

Yeah I keep hoping they'll put it up as DLC we can buy. I bought my copy day one and it never had a code, I didn't even know about the promo or I would have made sure when I got it.
Same thing happened with BF3, mine never had a Karkand code.

I honestly hate trying to go into the pub matches in Chaos Moshpit.

super try-hard campers everywhere.

Nuketown is for private matches for me.. honestly.

RoKKeR

Yeah thats a lot considering it's the same price as a map pack
Yeah. Now that I look back on it, I don't even think I enjoyed Nuketown that much in BO1. I suppose it would just be nice to grind through those no-attachment weapon challenges fairly quickly. I'll hold out hope that it'll be included in a later DLC.

Speaking of DLC, what is the general consensus on Revolution? Looks to me like the best value of any CoD DLC to date. 4 maps, new Zombies map and mode, and a weapon. Pretty good for a $15 pack.

Buying Season Passes has always come back to bite me (GoW3, BL2) so I'm a bit hesitant with Black Ops, but the DLC looks pretty good and I'll be playing BO2 for quite some time. Might have to pull the trigger on it.

u mad

Neo Member
Yeah. Now that I look back on it, I don't even think I enjoyed Nuketown that much in BO1. I suppose it would just be nice to grind through those no-attachment weapon challenges fairly quickly. I'll hold out hope that it'll be included in a later DLC.

Nuketown sucks. Not sure why people are so crazy about it. Worse map in the game, by far.

Grinding out the challenges are just as easy on FFA (as mentioned earlier in this thread) or Ground War, or for weapons like the handguns I use hardcore. If anything, you'll find yourself dying a lot from all the people who spam lethals in Nuketown, given that you can't use Flak Jacket.

u mad

Neo Member
C4 chucking needs to die

it was bad in Battlefield 2 8 years ago and it's bad now

They intentionally created incentives to do it in this game. C4 in Blops 2 has the shortest delay yet, while doing the least amount of damage.

If they didn't want people tossing it as a grenade, they would have increased the delay, not shortened it.

I toss it all the time. I get lots of kills that way. I always laugh when people in game tell me I'm being cheap, because I'm not using it the way "you are supposed to." You are supposed to use it any way you please, and the short delay in detonation shows my use was at the very least anticipated.

Meanwhile they are throwing C4 on the floor then proceed to watch it hoping that someone runs by it and they get a kill, then wonder why it isn't working out well for them.

How else are you supposed to use C4? Plant it and then camp til someone comes near to detonate?
In past COD's I'd stick one on a domination flag and then detonate when the announcer told me I was losing the flag, but it's hit or miss if the announcer tells you stuff in BLOPS2.
Earlier I got attacked by dogs and I swear he never warned me the other team had set them loose, same with items being hacked.

u mad

Neo Member
How else are you supposed to use C4? Plant it and then camp til someone comes near to detonate?
In past COD's I'd stick one on a domination flag and then detonate when the announcer told me I was losing the flag, but it's hit or miss if the announcer tells you stuff in BLOPS2.
Earlier I got attacked by dogs and I swear he never warned me the other team had set them loose, same with items being hacked.

Not to mention that C4 lasts about 10 seconds on the floor given EMPs, other explosions, random gunfire, Engineer, Black Hats, etc.

If I fart near a C4 it disappears. No way you can expect it to be at a place like cap point B for more than a few seconds given all the stuff that goes down at the spot.

u mad

Neo Member
CHEEZMO™;46724840 said:
Combining C4 with shock charges is pretty fun.

Seems like overkill, C4 is plenty lethal on its own. If you want to remotely guarantee a kill, claymores do a good job. No idea why they aren't used more often, they are incredibly efficient and pretty much a sure kill unless the person has Engineer or Flak Jacket. Maybe because the level to get it unlocked is so high?

I might be biased against shock charges, I refuse to ever make a class that does not have EMPs :p

I do love it when people combine shock charges + betties or shock charges + C4. I see it a lot, and it gets me lots of points via my EMPs :D

Seems like overkill, C4 is plenty lethal on its own. If you want to remotely guarantee a kill, claymores do a good job. No idea why they aren't used more often, they are incredibly efficient and pretty much a sure kill unless the person has Engineer or Flak Jacket. Maybe because the level to get it unlocked is so high?

I might be biased against shock charges, I refuse to ever make a class that does not have EMPs :p

I do love it when people combine shock charges + betties or shock charges + C4. I see it a lot, and it gets me lots of points via my EMPs :D

No one uses them because they're a high level unlock and stick out more than a bb when using engineer.

How else are you supposed to use C4? Plant it and then d.

they can start by not having three items in a bouncing betty, C4, and claymore that are very similar

i don't see a benefit of going with normal grenades or semtex compared to the C4 other than being able to chuck them way way further, the C4's blast radius is way bigger than those anyway

u mad

Neo Member
No one uses them because they're a high level unlock and stick out more than a bb when using engineer.

I use Engineer on almost every setup. Unfortunately, I'm color blind and whenever the item is overlapped by green/brown in the game, I can't see it :(

I wish the 'color blind' setting in the options menu addressed this. But I seem to really only have a consistent problem with shock charges. 90% of the time I won't see them with engineer. Claymores do stand out a lot, more so than betties. But betties are usually pretty easy to see.

they can start by not having three items in a bouncing betty, C4, and claymore that are very similar

i don't see a benefit of going with normal grenades or semtex compared to the C4 other than being able to chuck them way way further, the C4's blast radius is way bigger than those anyway

I think they are all pretty unique, I use them all but semtex.

Betty and claymores are both the only ones that are automatically detonated remotely. A lot of people like not having to worry about when to use the equipment. I use claymores a good deal if the other team isn't running Engineer. I don't use betties, but since you can toss them I see their purpose where claymores wouldn't work. I've been playing non-stop since release and IMO betties are the most used lethal. Lots of people do like their automatic nature.

Normal grenades are extremely good IMO. If I'm not using C4, odds are I'm using normal grenades. Their distance is huge and you can prime them. If I'm playing something like Domination and providing a defensive role, high odds I'm using normal grenades. You can provide suppresive fire from a great distance, while still being able to throw normal grenades. C4 and betties don't even go nearly as far.

C4 is what I use on my rushing classes. I mostly use it to clear sniper nests while running by it. On maps like meltdown where there are always people camping the 2nd stories, you can run by and throw a C4 up there, likely killing 1-2 campers.

Semtex I have no use for. Don't see what advantage over normal grenades it offers. They're fun to use against people using shields. You just stick it to their shield and walk away. Beyond that, they don't do much for me.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
On Hijacked I threw a C4 into that little covered bench or whatever it is. My teammates went in so I didn't bother detonating it. Went and ran around the near the back of the boat looking for people and decided to randomly detonate my C4, ended up being the final killcam. Must have been close to a minute from when I threw it there.

u mad

Neo Member
I don't know, I know this one sniper just shot at me over and over and over.

Check it out in theater mode if you think something was out of wack and you are curious enough. That is usually what I do when stuff like this happens. 3 team kills and they would get kicked, unless it was done via a scorestreak.

u mad

Neo Member
Scorestreak TKs still get u kicked :(

Wow really? Hard to believe, although I'm not doubting you. Just surprsied because I play a lot of HC and have called in Lodestars, VTOLs, Warthogs, Lightning Strikes, Hellstorms, etc. and haven't been kicked mid-scorestreak...

I guess I'm just lucky haha

EDIT: I do make sure to announce via mic that these scorestreaks are incoming. I think my team appreciates it.

Yeah i had 70 something kills on Hijacked in Hardcore CTF one time and it kicked me after a lightning strike killed a teammate. Idk how many TKs or scorestreak TKs I had before. Most of them were killstreak ones though.

Also if you place a betty down and your teammate shoots it, it kills him and if he does it 3 times, you get kicked for TKing even though ur teammate is the one causing it.

My gripe with HC is teammates killing you for your care package, so learned not to call them in on HC.
Jealous teammates killing you during an awesome streak also sucks.

...but HC modes are still my fav, lol.

RoKKeR

Just got a notice saying that the "game settings have changed" and it brought me back to the main menu after a few seconds of loading. Any ideas on what it was about?

Hellish

It's great.

- Dedicated Servers (with Matchmaking)
- Excellent performance (up to 200 fps in ranked multiplayer)
- 90 FOV
- No hacker problem (quick bans)

If you set your search preference to best, you should always be thrown in a 4 bar server.

Dedicated Servers is iffy, sometimes it puts you on a 3bar one (not my connection I have 150down 10 up), but majority are good
-Visuals + Framerate is a huge plus
-FOV is amazing, feels messed playing any other way
-I have encountered 3 hackers over 120+ hours, however I get called a hacker at least once per game

Lastly I saw you asking 360 vs PC, the reason to stay on 360 would be the larger population and if you plan on playing competitively, or are going to use a controller, otherwise its PC all the way.

Although theoretically the game would be more competitive with KBM over a Controller, the low population and dead competitive scene makes it non existent where as on 360 its thriving right now, and tournaments seem to be a regular thing and MLG is likely to pick it up.

maomaoIYP

With the amount of Flack Jacket users ive encoubtered, i think its only fair.

That perk is ridiculously OP. A fucking C4 to the face and he's still alive.

Flak Jacket is SO overpowered that it prevents C4 being a kill in HC. Seriously, WTF.

C4 chucking needs to die

it was bad in Battlefield 2 8 years ago and it's bad now

I've been chucking C4 in every game since COD4, it is in every sense infinitely better than grenades and semtex. Most grenade users get roughly 1 kill in 10 throws, I get 1 kill in 2.

th3dude

Dedicated Servers is iffy, sometimes it puts you on a 3bar one (not my connection I have 150down 10 up), but majority are good
-Visuals + Framerate is a huge plus
-FOV is amazing, feels messed playing any other way
-I have encountered 3 hackers over 120+ hours, however I get called a hacker at least once per game

Lastly I saw you asking 360 vs PC, the reason to stay on 360 would be the larger population and if you plan on playing competitively, or are going to use a controller, otherwise its PC all the way.

Although theoretically the game would be more competitive with KBM over a Controller, the low population and dead competitive scene makes it non existent where as on 360 its thriving right now, and tournaments seem to be a regular thing and MLG is likely to pick it up.

Sounds like pc for me. Thanks for the inputs!

I'm already prestige master. Double XP should count for weapon unlocks too. :(

I'm pretty sure this is the first game it does. I was able to get to Max Prestige on quite a few guns during last double xp weekend. It was definitely quicker and required less kills in order to achieve this.

With the amount of Flack Jacket users ive encoubtered, i think its only fair.

That perk is ridiculously OP. A fucking C4 to the face and he's still alive.

Seriously thinking of dropping my usual C4. What's the point when dudes can just run through it and take no damage (with flak jacket) or just run through it without it even triggering? Dunno why, but their usefulness seems really inconsistent lately.

glaurung

BBMdht1CEAENspf.jpg:large

Is there a logical reason why they dont use ricochet in Hardcore? Sooooo sick of getting care packages stolen and getting flashed and EMP'd constantly.

Top Bottom