• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sec0nd

What's up guys! If anyone is struggling online like I did (well I just wasn't doing as good as I wanted), I recommend using the following loadout. I've been tearing it up with this and getting insane scores.

SCAR-H
Silencer, Stock, Quickdraw.
Ghost (I've just unlocked it and only played 2 games with it, use this or semtex)
Toughness
Dexterity, Engineer

Scorestreak: UAV, Care package, Sentry Gun

It's insane! Been getting 30-5 games in TDM like it's nothing. I really do recommend this loadout.

Ensoul

I am trying to get the diamond camo for the shotguns. I got gold for the first two but using the KSG is a nightmare. Unless you're absolute dead center you won't get a kill. Cannot tell you how many shots I miss at point blank. I don't see how I ever get a blood thirsty with this gun.

Cudder

I am trying to get the diamond camo for the shotguns. I got gold for the first two but using the KSG is a nightmare. Unless you're absolute dead center you won't get a kill. Cannot tell you how many shots I miss at point blank. I don't see how I ever get a blood thirsty with this gun.
How do you get a shotgun to diamond? The last camo I see in the list is gold.

maomaoIYP

FINALLY got diamond for ARs. Man, that last three bloodthirsties with the type 25 were a real bitch to get. Got the final bloodthirsty off an entire group of silencer+target finder LMG corner campers on turbine, damn that felt good.

edit: Fuck the diamond camo it's ugly as shit.

GodofWine

everyone wants to be "The Worm" now on Hijacked (me too..Im 40-7 lifetime using his tactic)...but I added an EMP grenade and a normal grenade to a class and clearing that room is too easy.

Climb back ladder, drop emp on deck, grenade in door...profit.

I've done the worm a couple of times now to great success, but I have yet to come across anyone else doing it apart from a couple of dudes doing it before that video went viral.

The KSG is a beautiful weapon, difficult to master but once it finally clicks you won't look back. The camo challenges are a great thing for this, coz I would never use it if I hadn't gone for the diamond camos. They're forcing you to get 350-400 kills with it, by then you'll understand it's nuances.
You need to understand you can't hip fire with it, you can stand next to a stationary enemy, hip fire and still miss 3 shots by a mile.
You need to aim down those sights. Qucikdraw and Lasersights will hone that down, then after that it's a case of picking your shots.
I use stock too, which helps me move through buildings and corridors just picking guys down.

You get so much abuse from people claiming youre a cheater coz you'll one shot them from a nice distance. hehe.

CyReN

25XX87y.png

Radec

I've done the worm a couple of times now to great success, but I have yet to come across anyone else doing it apart from a couple of dudes doing it before that video went viral.

The KSG is a beautiful weapon, difficult to master but once it finally clicks you won't look back. The camo challenges are a great thing for this, coz I would never use it if I hadn't gone for the diamond camos. They're forcing you to get 350-400 kills with it, by then you'll understand it's nuances.
You need to understand you can't hip fire with it, you can stand next to a stationary enemy, hip fire and still miss 3 shots by a mile.
You need to aim down those sights. Qucikdraw and Lasersights will hone that down, then after that it's a case of picking your shots.
I use stock too, which helps me move through buildings and corridors just picking guys down.

You get so much abuse from people claiming youre a cheater coz you'll one shot them from a nice distance. hehe.

Wow. Ive been using the KSG badly. Keep hip firing just like any normal shotgun but cant hit shit.
Will try using it like an smg hehe.

Nori Chan

Omg, yes it is a beautiful weapon. However, I can't hit shit with it with iron sights on. I use a red dot and long barrel and I can literally kill a guy from one cabin on hijacked to another in one shot. I love it.

...with long barrel it's basically a medium ranged sniper rifle. From the B flag on meltdown you can take someone down at one of the windows in the two buildings.

u mad

Neo Member
See, double xp weekend makes me glad I did a fresh start even though I was prestige master. I'll probably be prestige master again by the time there is a 2nd double xp weekend.

Leveling is a joke in this game.

Wow. Ive been using the KSG badly. Keep hip firing just like any normal shotgun but cant hit shit.
Will try using it like an smg hehe.

Yeah the KSG shoots a slug unlike the buckshot of every other shotgun.

It is more akin to a sniper rifle than anything else. I use it with stock + long barrel or silencer.

Long barrel is nice because it extends the 1HK range. Silencer simply because sometimes stealth is needed.

I highly recommend stock vs quickdraw. I just recommend it in general. Your accuracy is crap immediately after you ADS with the KSG, so moving while ADS is very important. Stock allows this.

When I did diamond shotguns, the KSG was a breeze.

Gotta love it when you unload a whole clip into a guy and he just turns around and knifes you.

About 50% of my matches last night were like that, but no knives. Just "single" bullets that killed me instantly after pumping an entire clip into a dude. So frustrating. I'm starting to think the Kill Cam is just an elaborate trolling tool.

God, I need to level up faster. Think it might be time for me to take the plunge into Demolition. I'm usually only a TDM player.

Any advice for a fledgling Demo player?

u mad

Neo Member
God, I need to level up faster. Think it might be time for me to take the plunge into Demolition. I'm usually only a TDM player.

Any advice for a fledgling Demo player?

In my experience, HQ and Hardpoint are the fastest way to level. Domination is also very fast if you are good at playing the mode.

I play pretty much every mode other than TDM and KC. Can't stand TDM.

As for Demo, you have a lot of options but Flak Jacket is a must if you plan on planting the bomb or defending the spot in CQC.

u mad

Neo Member
People say demo is great for leveling up, but I dont see how. In the games I play the matches are over so quick.

Doesn't make sense to me that it would be good. You can get IIRC 300 for blowing up the location, but tops you'll do this twice over the entire game (since you are only on the offensive once). The setting it score and defusing it score aren't that huge.

On hardpoint you get 200 every time you capture the hardpoint. You can then leave, let the team take it, kill them (while getting 125 a kill) and once you kill them you get another 200 for re-taking it. You can literally capture it getting 200 pts, walk outside, wait for an enemy to run in and take it, kill him, get another 200, repeat.

Even if you don't want to let them re-take it, the hardpoint moves very fast and the next time you get to it, you'll get another 200 pts.

The XP potential is astronomical.

Anyone else think the spawn problems are (in part) due to the fact that all the maps are so small? All the maps seem to be the same size except for Hijacked which is somehow even smaller. I miss the big maps from MW2 like Derail and Wasteland.

Anyone else think the spawn problems are (in part) due to the fact that all the maps are so small? All the maps seem to be the same size except for Hijacked which is somehow even smaller. I miss the big maps from MW2 like Derail and Wasteland.

These maps were not designed for ground war or free-for-all, although I can't think of any game other than MW2 that had decent free-for-all spawns. Even CoD4 had its share of shitty free-for-all maps (lol wetwork)

When I play TDM 6 v 6 though, I only have had spawn problems on raid, hijacked, slums, meltdown, and carrier.

Raid and meltdown are fixable. the others are just too damn small to work.

Nabs

Normal Kill Confirmed is enough imo. I can't wait for 2xp this weekend. I'll hit the cap with time to spare.

u mad

Neo Member
These maps were not designed for ground war or free-for-all, although I can't think of any game other than MW2 that had decent free-for-all spawns. Even CoD4 had its share of shitty free-for-all maps (lol wetwork)

When I play TDM 6 v 6 though, I only have had spawn problems on raid, hijacked, slums, meltdown, and carrier.

Raid and meltdown are fixable. the others are just too damn small to work.

Been playing a lot of Plaza recently and I've noticed that I occasionally run into spawn problems. Much more often than I do on Meltdown. For a map like Plaza, there is no reason why you should be having spawn problems.

I don't think the problem is generally all that bad. Even if I do spawn in front of enemies they're often more surprised than I am and I get some easy kills.

Guess Kill Confirmed it is. Just hope my k/d doesn't take a hit. It's ridiculous but I like keeping mine north of 1.7 if possible.

Make sure you are using a rushing class. This should be obvious because you have to be able to collect the tags before they disappear. With things like tactical insertion becoming more and more popular, they can disappear pretty quickly.

For KC if I am playing alone I use:

PDW w/ stock & silencer
Ghost + Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer

C4
EMP

VSAT/Lodestar/Swarm

Since it is absurdly easy for anyone to get some easy pts on KC you have UAVs spammed all the time. With Ghost you can use it to your advantage and get a lot of people off guard.

I've recently become less and less fond of Ghost, but KC is one of the few modes where I still use it.

dark_chris

I learned to become a beast with the select-fire FAL. With just a F-35 Lightning Strike scorestreak (UAV and Counter UAV), I amassed 66-15 kills.

But i felt very odd about winning that game.
For some reason, the opponents just plain sucked so bad, felt like I was playing with bots.

I learned to become a beast with the select-fire FAL. With just a F-35 Lightning Strike scorestreak (UAV and Counter UAV), I amassed 66-15 kills.

But i felt very odd about winning that game.
For some reason, the opponents just plain sucked so bad, felt like I was playing with bots.

I've been in a few matches like that. Had a march in carrier where I went 46-4. And this was plain ol' vanilla TDM. Boggles my mind that a) I can get that many kills in a game to 75 and b) the other team didn't just quit out.

u mad

Neo Member
Well what else would you use in Perk 1?

I have Hardline on every single class.

In addition to hardline...

I use Hardline + Blind Eye on hardcore. On hardcore people spam hunter killers like there is no tomorrow since it is an easy scorestreak to get and you can get multiple deaths with 1 HK fairly easily because how low health everyone has. It is a nice perk in general, but it is very nice not having to worry about AI controlled air scorestreaks and you aren't targeted as much during player controlled ones. Worse feeling ever is dying to a HK when you are 50 pts away from a Lodestar.

For objective modes, I use Flak Jacket + Hardline. Since I by far do more objective mode than anything else, I use Flak Jacket a lot. It is impossible to consistently accomplish objectives without it, since people spam grenades, C4, betties, etc. at the objective points.

I used to use Lightweight a lot on my SMG rushing classes, but don't really play with it as much. Still a great perk. With stock you ADS with SMGs at 106% movement speed...yes you move faster while ADS then you do normally moving if you have a stock on your SMG. If you add Lightweight + SMG w/ stock, you can ADS so fast you are near impossible to hit in CQC gun fights. I stopped doing this because I felt it was cheap. It does to an extent take advantage of lag in this game. Used to be my go-to setup.

adelante

Man... didn't think I'd love using the CQB this much. Have never been a burst fire guy in past CODs but I was surprised to find myself enjoy using it when I was grinding to get that diamond camo. And now that I've started to use it as my main weapon, I find myself loving it even more. Something about well-placed, controlled bursts that makes kills more satisfying. Also helps me to conserve ammo so I can go against three guys with a single clip. And having zero delay in between bursts is such a sweet bonus!

Man... didn't think I'd love using the CQB this much. Have never been a burst fire guy in past CODs but I was surprised to find myself enjoy using it when I was grinding to get that diamond camo. And now that I've started to use it as my main weapon, I find myself loving it even more. Something about well-placed, controlled bursts that makes kills more satisfying. Also helps me to conserve ammo so I can go against three guys with a single clip. And having zero delay in between bursts is such a sweet bonus!

I know that feel, man. In BLOPS I ran an m16 or a g11. Loved that burst fire satisfaction.

Top Bottom