• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

maomaoIYP

Yemen is good.

Aftermath can go to trash. Always hate that especially in ground war.

So as Cargo.

Yemen is one of the better maps... I don't know anyone who likes Aftermath. Long ranged on both spawns, clusterfuck in the middle. Whenever I pick random hoping to avoid Hijacked and I get Aftermath, I know it's time to stop for the day.

SadAli

Neo Member
Plus one for Yemen - it can go a bit wrong occasionally but in general I think It's a fun map.

Aftermath is a map it's almost impossible to have much fun on, only beaten by Turbine which is soul-destroying in its tediousness as five people crouch on top of the plane and everyone else runs round the edge. Oh, and Carrier of course.

Jrmint

Joining the Aftermath hate, so bad.

I don't understand disliking Carrier though, that is up there with my favorite maps in the game.

Ensoul

Well I am trying to get gold. for all the AR. I am on the SCAR and I just hate using this gun. For whatever reason I have a hard time killing people with it. It is not accurate so the long shots are taking me forever and whenever ever go to shoot people I swear I am a full second behind them. Lag has been awful for me the past week and I am going back to sucking because I cannot kill anybody.

I did prestige last night and unlocked the AN-94 since it was the last gun and I figured I could start getting gold for that. That gun is awful as well. Seems like it take 6-8 shots to kill somebody. Getting the diamond cammo is turning into such a grind now.

SadAli

Neo Member
I don't understand disliking Carrier though, that is up there with my favorite maps in the game.

Guess it's always down to personal preference but I tend to find games on there quick devolve into half the players camping round the edges and the other half trying a mixture of bait and rush to get at them. Being one of the latter it's a frustrating experience. Tend to mainly play TDM and Kill Confirmed though so might be different in other modes or playing as a team rather than alone.

Well I am trying to get gold. for all the AR. I am on the SCAR and I just hate using this gun. For whatever reason I have a hard time killing people with it. It is not accurate so the long shots are taking me forever and whenever ever go to shoot people I swear I am a full second behind them. Lag has been awful for me the past week and I am going back to sucking because I cannot kill anybody.

I did prestige last night and unlocked the AN-94 since it was the last gun and I figured I could start getting gold for that. That gun is awful as well. Seems like it take 6-8 shots to kill somebody. Getting the diamond cammo is turning into such a grind now.

i actually like using the scar, it's the only AR i've liked so far other than the MTAR. if you use the iron sites, use the big circle to aim and try to get it at about or below the opponents center mass. you can just hold the fire button and the recoil will get your shots to the head.

so my current favorite loadout is:
msmc + fast mags + suppressor
hardline
toughness + scavenger
tac mask
bouncing betty
flashbang/concussion (still not sure which one is the better option)

im about level 53 in prestige 1. i haven't really tried prestiging any of my weapons, but i might for the scar and msmc and maybe the vector because i like that gun too. but i dont think i play enough to grind out getting the attachments i like all over again. maybe i'll try weapon prestiging when i get to level 55, and then go prestige 2 or something.

sorry for rambling, i've taken kind of a self-imposed break from the game following double xp, and now im at work itching to get back into it.

edit:
oh yeah, i fucking hate aftermath. yemen isnt too bad. i do like raid and plaza a lot though.

Mine, too! Solo, though, I have yet to go at it with a full group of people.

I know a lot of people are into it, but I can't bring myself to play zombies solo. It's very boring because there is no interaction with other people and there isn't as big of a sense of accomplishment when you get to a high round.

EDIT: Was just browsing trueachievements and noticed that somebody with the gamertag Toa TAK is in a session to do the easter egg, so I'm guessing that's you :p

popeutlal

So I stopped using ghost and flack jacket and switched to light weight and hardline.

The latter two perks are always helpful and former are only helpful in certain situations. Ghost and flack jacket do help you survive every now and then. But I feel I survive longer with the light weight and hardline (with uav and counter uav).

snacknuts

we all knew her
Am I the only person who hates Hijacked? Everyone always votes for it when they have the option. I can't tell if I actually hate it or just get tired of having to play it all the time. I also tend to camp a LOT and there aren't many places to do that on that map, so that also is likely a reason for me to not like it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Am I the only person who hates Hijacked? Everyone always votes for it when they have the option. I can't tell if I actually hate it or just get tired of having to play it all the time. I also tend to camp a LOT and there aren't many places to do that on that map, so that also is likely a reason for me to not like it.

Stop camping man, it's only holding you back.

Toa TAK

Banned
I know a lot of people are into it, but I can't bring myself to play zombies solo. It's very boring because there is no interaction with other people and there isn't as big of a sense of accomplishment when you get to a high round.

EDIT: Was just browsing trueachievements and noticed that somebody with the gamertag Toa TAK is in a session to do the easter egg, so I'm guessing that's you :p

I get exactly how you feel, but even then, it's always easier to focus on one person instead of 4, including yourself.

And yup, that's me. I'm an achievement nut for some games.

SeanR1221

I used to be a FAL only guy, but lately I've really been digging the MTAR. Throw a grip and toughness on and it's pretty damn good.

I also love the peacekeeper. Awesome weapon.

Jrmint

So I stopped using ghost and flack jacket and switched to light weight and hardline.

The latter two perks are always helpful and former are only helpful in certain situations. Ghost and flack jacket do help you survive every now and then. But I feel I survive longer with the light weight and hardline (with uav and counter uav).
Yea I never make a class without Lightweight. Even if it's not a rushing class just being able to catch up to that person you're chasing and never having to worry about falling damage is so essential for me.

Dude getting 10 human controlled kill streak shot down with the launchers is stupid!

Guys I have diamond AR's, what do I do now? I have been lost since unlocking them. This is a serious question.

The same as the AR's only instead of long shots for the carbon fiber camo, you need 30 revenge kills.

Bahhhhhhhh.

I have grown to hate SMG's. If I rush I get killed, if I camp I get killed because its not as accurate from distance.

Can you guys suggest a good set up for the First SMG, the one that looks like a UZI.

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
I used to hate hijacked as well, but now it's my knife-only map.

I used to hate hijacked as well, but now it's my knife-only map.

Ahem...not that I'm a camper...but I found at least one good spot. Forget which end of the ship it is, but one of the sides has a room with a sort of dining room table in it. Hunker down behind it facing out towards the door, pop a claymore/bouncing betty/shock charge on the door behind and to the left of you, and pick guys off through the door as they try to rush down the middle of the boat.

Guys I have diamond AR's, what do I do now? I have been lost since unlocking them. This is a serious question.
Do LMG's next. They are the best guns in the game. There are only 4 of them so diamond is fast.

Start with the LSAT. Use a Stock, Quickdraw and FMJ. Or switch FMJ with Target finder if you don't mind looking like a noob. I get 80 plus kill games when using target finder on Nuketown. You just aim and shoot. If you're using FMJ instead, you'll be able to pick off anybody and everybody, as your bullets shoot through walls like butter. You'll have to grind a bit to get to those attachments, but in the end it's worth it.

Trust me, don't do SMG's next. It's too much running around and dieing. Get your hands on an LMG and stick back picking people off from medium to long range. Don't rush too much, but if you do get in a close range fight just ADS and spray. You'll never regret it.

xJavonta

Banned
I think my favorites have to be Hijacked, Carrier (one in the chamber is great on it), Express, Grind, Drone, Standoff, and Downhill.

Meltdown, Overflow, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Cargo, Mirage and Hydro are okay maps too

Aftermath, Turbine and Yemen I hate with a fucking passion though. Ugh.

Looking at it now, most of my favorite maps are fairly small lol.

Don't camp bro, it's no fun for you or anyone else lol

When I'm playing my sniper class I can't even camp. I just get really bored and end up being that guy that runs around the map with a DSR-50 and B23R killing everyone lol

Does anyone else hate pubs? I get the most incompetent fucks as teammates and end up trying to carry the whole team. I don't have too many friends in Xbox that play Blops 2 online, so most of the time I'm playing alone :(

They have really got to fix the spawns and the lag compensation soon or I can't play this anymore. Today was the closest I've come to snapping my disc.

The average zombie player in this game goes down once every 15 kills or so. It's so annoying. And their highest round ever is usually like round 10 unless they got carried.

It's nearly impossible to do the easter egg with randoms you meet up with because they go down a combined 24 times in 10 rounds, most of those being bleedouts so they couldn't go down more. Some were elevator suicides and falling off the map. How bad can people be? WTFFF

/rant

Toa TAK

Banned
The average zombie player in this game goes down once every 15 kills or so. It's so annoying. And their highest round ever is usually like round 10 unless they got carried.

It's nearly impossible to do the easter egg with randoms you meet up with because they go down a combined 24 times in 10 rounds, most of those being bleedouts so they couldn't go down more. Some were elevator suicides and falling off the map. How bad can people be? WTFFF

/rant

Truth. I used to play more with randoms online in WAW and BO, but this time I just play with my friends. It's usually a lot more fun that way.

Truth. I used to play more with randoms online in WAW and BO, but this time I just play with my friends. It's usually a lot more fun that way.

Yeah, which is why i dislike the easter eggs requiring 4 players. It's hard to have 3 other friends online at the same time. I loved the moon easter egg cause you could do it with 2 people....same with call of the dead. Shangri-la, tranzit, and now this have all been bitches to complete cause they require 4 people.

And when i play for high rounds, I usually only play 2 people too. 4 man zombies isn't that fun. I'm sure I'll get people together to get it eventually, but it's just frustrating. And with 4 people it's harder to explain to them what to do and communicate, instead of just having one buddy who knows what they're doing to play with you.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, which is why i dislike the easter eggs requiring 4 players. It's hard to have 3 other friends online at the same time. I loved the moon easter egg cause you could do it with 2 people....same with call of the dead. Shangri-la, tranzit, and now this have all been bitches to complete cause they require 4 people.

And when i play for high rounds, I usually only play 2 people too. 4 man zombies isn't that fun. I'm sure I'll get people together to get it eventually, but it's just frustrating. And with 4 people it's harder to explain to them what to do and communicate, instead of just having one buddy who knows what they're doing to play with you.

Yes, the Easter egg achievements are the reason I discovered TrueAchievements. Especially because not all my friends at once are willing to do it.

But my highest rounds have always been with four people. Solo I'm just a bit behind.

Yes, the Easter egg achievements are the reason I discovered TrueAchievements. Especially because not all my friends at once are willing to do it.

But my highest rounds have always been with four people. Solo I'm just a bit behind.

My highest are always with 2 people. 4 people is a huge time investment if you wanna go far. I've had it take 12 hours just to get to round 39 and lose before.

And I've never successfully completed an easter egg with people from TA. Shang and TranZit I completed with friends and players who i know are good at zombies. Shang i must've tried 3 or 4 dif times with TA people and never got it. TranZit i tried once and now i've tried Die Rise once. The people just aren't very good. I feel like they all expect to be carried for the achievement and then it just ends up bein a session full of people that have no clue how to play.

eek5

Hijacked is one of the easiest maps to spawn trap in almost every mode and as a result is one of the easiest maps to camp IMO. For TDM you're almost always ahead of spawn flips because of how small it is so you can just adjust your position.

for tdm:
If they're spawning speed boats you can just sit behind the counter in kitchen and pick people off coming into the back door. They'll keep spawning speedboats if you're in there so it's a constant stream of people.

You can do the worm. I don't really like this because it requires people to really want to seek revenge against you to get traffic so it is hit or miss for high SPM games. Similar spot to the worm on the otherside is just sitting in the stairwell for pool deck. This is kind of a bitch spot. I never use it but it does catch me by surprise sometimes. You can also camp upper pool but it seems really low traffic even when people are spawning pool.

If they're spawning pool, the power position I've found is just sitting on the left side and headglitching the round box or whatever right outside pool deck in mid. You don't want to always expose yourself and I think it's best if you have a claymore on the door. Basically you cycle between headglitching the box, looking back to the right side to check flank, waiting for someone to die to your claymore. The biggest danger here is someone jumping off upper balc and shooting you in the back but if you face a bad team those guys usually never do that lol.

Another spot further back is sitting in the dining room and overlooking mid door. The biggest danger is spawn flip to speedboats but you can cycle into kitchen camp if that happens.

The new spawn point sin latest patch added an INSANE spawn camp on pool side. You can sit right at the start of pool deck in the back of the boat and they'll keep spawning there if your team is back on speedboat side. I haven't really done it much but you can pretty much just push their shit in as they spawn non-stop if you keep breaking LoS since they added 2 spawns behind pool.

Ahem...not that I'm a camper...

Also, don't get me wrong I'm not a camper either! The first rule is to call it map control, patrolling an area, and managing encounters; not camping. LOL

zeelman

They have really got to fix the spawns and the lag compensation soon or I can't play this anymore. Today was the closest I've come to snapping my disc.

That and the rendering issue that makes players invisible. I'm so sick of being killed by people who can see me, but I can't see them.

For any Wii U players over here:

The new patch is great from what I played. Fixed a lot of Wii Remote errors, like stuttering while ADS and jitter.

They even posted a Guide To The Wii Remote on the main forums. Then we got most of the other balance tweaks as well.

Props to A_Trey_U and the Treyarch team.

Toa TAK

Banned
Got High Maintenance. We did it on the third try, but man, that was a fun session. It took us over 6 hours and ended up going out on round 22.

Still didn't rank up, though. Bastards.

Rangers, I'm free tomorrow if you want to do the Easter egg. Richtofens side right?

Doesn't matter to me which side we do. I did Richtofen's side in TranZit, so might as well continue down his path on this map.

Still didn't rank up, though. Bastards.

Zombie ranking has a very strange formula. First of all, if you don't play often, it goes down. I didn't touch zombies for a month and fell all the way down to a skull with no tally marks and no blue eyes. If you go down a lot, the ranking goes down too. You need to go down once every 300-400 kills or so to keep it going up. And the more games you play while doing well, the more it goes up, but you have to play a lot of games. Ranking is pretty much meaningless, unless you bump into somebody with the dual shotties and blue eyes because then you know they play often and are good. Besides that, all the other rankings can be pretty much be attainable by anybody who is even mediocre.

EDIT: What is also annoying, is that if somebody does the easter egg, you can't play with them if you want to do the easter egg, so that reduces the amount of people i know that i can play with.

Just an FYI me and my girlfriend have been playing this for the last week split screen on PS3, Im prestige 1 level 30 and she WAS 54, twice today a bug has come up while we've been searching for servers saying the account has been banned due to leaving games: Banned for 58748548565 hours or something and it has wiped all her stats twice, just a heads up for people that something isn't right at the moment....

Edit: Also no we havent been ditching out on games, the first message came in on like our 4th match and we hadn't left any before that.

Top Bottom