• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Disguises

For any Wii U players over here:

The new patch is great from what I played. Fixed a lot of Wii Remote errors, like stuttering while ADS and jitter.

They even posted a Guide To The Wii Remote on the main forums. Then we got most of the other balance tweaks as well.

Props to A_Trey_U and the Treyarch team.
I saw this today but am unable to try the new patch out due to unusable internet currently. Huge props to A_Trey_U and the Treyarch team too for the pretty comprehensive Wii Remote guide. In the Wii Remote guide they also state that they have further improvements for Wii Remote ready for the next patch. Really glad to see this continued support.

Boost

Banned
Guess Treyarch will get first dibs on the next gen consoles for a Call of Duty game, jesus christ, this sucks. I really wanted to play an IW version first :(

Guess Treyarch will get first dibs on the next gen consoles for a Call of Duty game, jesus christ, this sucks. I really wanted to play an IW version first :(

Where'd you hear this? Last I heard we'd have another game made by Sledgehammer Games that would be a launch title for the next generation.

Also, IW hasn't made a game since 2009 and probably won't be making anymore in the future. They did contribute a small bit to Sledgehammer Games creation called MW3 :p

GodofWine

IW is not the IW of MW MW2...google Respawn Entertainment, thats basically IW now. sledgehammer had to help finish MW3 due to the activision v IW fallout.

I personally always had more fun with the treyarch games fwiw.

edit - anyone have any clue when Respawn may announce their game?? i think it automatically becomes a challenger to MW.

Great, my online profile corrupted or something.

I went to play online and I noticed a message pop-up where you normally get the message of the day and skipped it as usual so I didn't get to read it and then was forced back to the previous menu.

Went back in, got the message of the day and now most of my profile is reset. All my classes are defaults, I lost all the custom slots I unlocked via Prestiging and and most of my player cards are gone, even the one I still have equipped says 0 progress.

I'm not sure where I was before XP-wise, so I don't know if I lost anything there.

Great game Treyarch!

eek5

I went to play online and I noticed a message pop-up where you normally get the message of the day and skipped it as usual so I didn't get to read it and then was forced back to the previous menu.

Went back in, got the message of the day and now most of my profile is reset. All my classes are defaults, I lost all the custom slots I unlocked via Prestiging and and most of my player cards are gone, even the one I still have equipped says 0 progress.

I'm not sure where I was before XP-wise, so I don't know if I lost anything there.

Great game Treyarch!
If you submit a ticket they should be able to restore you

GenericUser

mine too, went online today and first the games said that it is not able to connect to the bo2 servers. great.

I rebooted the game, finally was able to connect to the BO2 servers but my class was reset to 1.

Rebooted again, "your profile seems to be corrupted, restored from most recent backup". I lost 7 ranks, great game treyarch!

bluehat9

Can't believe it, actually got the trip cap challenge last night (and in merc moshpit too). Took A and B right away, killed 5-6 people that just kept running down those steps from C, got a stealth chopper and someone else on the team got a dragonfire; the other team refused to shoot down either of them and instead it looked like they just hid in buildings or got killed. Took C and then eventually just kept looking at the clock and wondering how long it had been. Then I got a notice that I ranked up even though I was just standing there doing nothing around B and then it said I unlocked dom master and trip cap.

I was more surprised because no one on the other team quit and I thought the only way I was going to get it was to have a 6 on 3 game or something similar.

Radec

Finally hit a 2.0 k/d. On previous games I did it before the first prestige and on BO2 it took me almost 9 prestiges.

Fucking maps and smgs.

I don't see why it couldn't come out across all platforms.

Yeah. DAT Modern Warfare Engine can still be used at next gen.

lol

I'm so glad they fixed the lag compensation since pre-release/release.

I'm finally back to playing over 4k/d and the only thing preventing me earlier was losing firefights due to lag comp, which would then cause me to spawn back on my side of the map and lose map control.

Playing with less than 7 deaths every game is a lot of fun again :D

Also it's really stupid how using air support lowers your spm, but the stat is irrelevant so who cares.

mine too, went online today and first the games said that it is not able to connect to the bo2 servers. great.

I rebooted the game, finally was able to connect to the BO2 servers but my class was reset to 1.

Rebooted again, "your profile seems to be corrupted, restored from most recent backup". I lost 7 ranks, great game treyarch!

I wish I just lost some ranks. As far as I can tell my XP is fine and I'm still on the same Prestige, but all my unlock tokens are gone so I can't unlock the stuff I lost, and my Prestige awards are gone for good. All my extra Create A Class slots can't be unlocked again because you can only get in that stupid menu once per Prestige :(

Sorry to hear about your ranks though, that's still any annoyance.

eek5

Great, thanks a lot for your help. I'll give that a shot.

Edit: I've messaged ATVIAssist on the official boards. I don't have a twitter account and I never use reddit so I can't figure out what the hell is going on there. I'll sign up if the official board doesn't work out.

Not sure what the deal w/ official forums is but I know 2+ people read the two accounts on reddit/twitter. Hope they sort it out for you either way

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
About 5 mins after joining a game the connection goes to 1 red bar and get booted. Anyone else experiencing this? (360)

aku:jiki

Yeah. DAT Modern Warfare Engine can still be used at next gen.

lol
It's CoD, though. It doesn't have to compare graphically to whatever Epic, or whoever, has lined up for next-gen.

Back when MW2 came out, I felt like 60fps and that smooth netcode were very worth the step down in graphics compared to other games. That's not so true anymore. :(

It's CoD, though. It doesn't have to compare graphically to whatever Epic, or whoever, has lined up for next-gen.

Back when MW2 came out, I felt like 60fps and that smooth netcode were very worth the step down in graphics compared to other games. That's not so true anymore. :(

The problem isn't graphics. The things they are pushing this 2005 engine to do in 2013 are things it was never meant to do. It's the reason the games gradually get worse every year: too much added shit for a 2005 engine. It was already bursting at the seams for all the innovations MW2 had. Black Ops, MW3, and BO2 are really breaking it apart.

It's the same reason every game has the same issues: quickscoping, bugged lobbies, prestige hacking, XP boosting lobbies, the private-game-showing-up-in-matchmaking glitch. It happens every year because they are using the same engine. They either don't have enough time to improve anything because Activision makes them pump out a new game every year or they simply don't care because they know how much cash each game makes.

I really wish CoD would take a year off to make a brand new engine and really bring it up to speed. But they won't, which is why I can't wait to see what Respawn Studios has in store.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Finally got the DLC. The skate park map is pretty fun. Not a fan of one of the other ones though. Not sure of the name. Saw people not liking the peacekeeper earlier and so far I think it's pretty fun. I wonder if next dlc is going to have an AR.

eek5

I got a Relentless a while ago without realizing, This was my first time using theater mode so I rendered it. That was a pretty fun match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4yQ93MFhVQ

The beginning of that streak was insane LOL.

Got one this morning as well in TDM. I probably could've gotten my nuclear but I misread what was going on and assumed I was safe at the end of the streak. Oh well. If you guys haven't tried it yet, LMG + shield is a ton of fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGu5khwyIY

The problem isn't graphics. The things they are pushing this 2005 engine to do in 2013 are things it was never meant to do. It's the reason the games gradually get worse every year: too much added shit for a 2005 engine. It was already bursting at the seams for all the innovations MW2 had. Black Ops, MW3, and BO2 are really breaking it apart.

It's the same reason every game has the same issues: quickscoping, bugged lobbies, prestige hacking, XP boosting lobbies, the private-game-showing-up-in-matchmaking glitch. It happens every year because they are using the same engine. They either don't have enough time to improve anything because Activision makes them pump out a new game every year or they simply don't care because they know how much cash each game makes.

I really wish CoD would take a year off to make a brand new engine and really bring it up to speed. But they won't, which is why I can't wait to see what Respawn Studios has in store.
But none of those things have to do with the game engine? wat.

I would love it if Respawn basically just made a CoD killer and did it right with basically exactly the same gameplay but leaner and meaner with better graphics, sound and netcode... But they're doing some Crysis-alike scifi shooter.

Can't believe it, actually got the trip cap challenge last night (and in merc moshpit too). Took A and B right away, killed 5-6 people that just kept running down those steps from C, got a stealth chopper and someone else on the team got a dragonfire; the other team refused to shoot down either of them and instead it looked like they just hid in buildings or got killed. Took C and then eventually just kept looking at the clock and wondering how long it had been. Then I got a notice that I ranked up even though I was just standing there doing nothing around B and then it said I unlocked dom master and trip cap.

I was more surprised because no one on the other team quit and I thought the only way I was going to get it was to have a 6 on 3 game or something similar.

I got it today as well. The first half of the Dom match (carrier) ended at 165-13. I have never seen anything like it.

Please explain to me how those things don't have anything to do with the engine. I'd like to read this.
Not sure you know what an engine does, at least in a way that's relevant to what you're saying. Quoting Wiki:

"The core functionality typically provided by a game engine includes a rendering engine (“renderer”) for 2D or 3D graphics, a physics engine or collision detection (and collision response), sound, scripting, animation, artificial intelligence, networking, streaming, memory management, threading, localization support, and a scene graph."

Sure, glitches in the lobby/matchmaking/menu systems might be a part of it but it's not exactly a vital part and an engine's age doesn't really have anything to do with that. I'm sure the next CoD could use the menu coding from Doom II if it wanted to. Not so much with the graphics rendering or physics aspects.

Ghazi

i don't understand how no one shoots you in the back at all. all my enemies come from behind in this game, yours are always in front of you lol.
Always keep your back to the wall and stand still.

lolno, I just successfully predicted where they'd be spawning at

I get killed in the back a lot too.

EDIT: Yeah, what alienbeardgun said.

Cudder

It helps to know maps, teammates position and be good at predicting enemy movement.

i know what I should be doing to play well, it just doesnt play out that way in this game. the randomness to the spawns and shit throw good play out the window for me, no matter how careful i am.

3864fda31dc5154965e89611ff5f96ad.gif

zeelman

So I tried playing MW2 today. Despite having all the ports I need forwarded, it gave me Moderate NAT. The connection was not nearly as good as I remember it. :(

Then I went back to this game and got my first Relentless Medal on Raid. I probably would've gotten a Brutal, but my Sentry kept stealing my kills.

adelante

Got me a love note from an admirer after a game tonight.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Deilgyre/ImAFadget_zps6fad6316.jpg

Apparently laying down a constant hail of bullets from an LSAT+Target Finder+FMJ from across the map, while head-glitching from behind impenetrable cover + using Trophy Systems...does not make for a fair game.
Can't recall if there've been anyone who shared the same admiration towards me heh, but I have come across a few courteous campers:

Don't know if I've built myself a reputation for being obsessed with hunting/sneaking up on such players, quite a number of them must've seen me in their deathcams, just standing behind and carefully aiming a semtex throw on their body so maybe they felt bad after I kept punishing them for their playstyle lol

Jrmint

Got me a love note from an admirer after a game tonight.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Deilgyre/ImAFadget_zps6fad6316.jpg

Apparently laying down a constant hail of bullets from an LSAT+Target Finder+FMJ from across the map, while head-glitching from behind impenetrable cover + using Trophy Systems...does not make for a fair game.
I wouldn't be one to send a message to you but I'd probably be equally frustrated, it's a pretty cheap way to play.

That said there's plenty of flank routes in this game so it shouldn't have been that hard to get you.

Top Bottom