• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

SadAli

Neo Member
Finally caved in and gave the Target Finder attachment a go yesterday. Amazed at how lethal it is - not only does it turn the game into "shoot at the red diamond" but it seems to be relatively quick to ads as well. Can't deny that I enjoyed racking up the kills with it but felt dirty afterwards. Think I may have to let it go before I turn into a sentry gun.

SeanR1221

I'd rank the maps as....

1. Hydro
2. Grind
3. Mirage
4. The Ski Lodge

The peacekeeper has also become my favorite weapon. Using quickdraw, laser and foregrip, along with toughness it really is a versatile, great gun.

Also, I rarely get shot in the back. In MW3 thats ALL that happened to me and I couldnt stand it. I actually feel like I can bunker down in BLOPS2.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Finally caved in and gave the Target Finder attachment a go yesterday. Amazed at how lethal it is - not only does it turn the game into "shoot at the red diamond" but it seems to be relatively quick to ads as well. Can't deny that I enjoyed racking up the kills with it but felt dirty afterwards. Think I may have to let it go before I turn into a sentry gun.

Same, I got diamond on smgs and felt like something different so I started using the MK48, it was already fun with the iron sights, but they're pretty obstructive so I slapped on the target finder and had some more fun killing guys on Meltdown.

SadAli

Neo Member
Same, I got diamond on smgs and felt like something different so I started using the MK48, it was already fun with the iron sights, but they're pretty obstructive so I slapped on the target finder and had some more fun killing guys on Meltdown.

Haven't actually tried it on the LMGs as had been living in a SMG world up till recently and only got as far as equipping it on a couple of assault rifles yesterday.

Did actually have a play round with the QBB though and had a good deal of fun running round the map with a hand gun and switching to the LMG to mow down anyone foolish enough to run into my field of vision - can only imagine how lethal it would be with target finder. On that point, the target finder also suddenly makes Turbine a great deal less horrible to play.

Now I've rediscovered my love for the ARs and LMGs am wondering whether to fully go back to BLOPS one and stick suppressors on them as well.

eek5

Are LMGs easy to diamond? I might do those once I finish this final SMG. I'm kinda dreading ARs and Shotties (only the 870 is gold).

Easiest group IMO because the recoil gets you a ton of headshots. Mk48 might be my highest headshot/kill ratio gun so far (about 15% compared to 6-10%)

zeelman

LMGs are amazing in this game after they reduced the ADS time. Throw on Quickdraw, and you have an AR with a huge clip and sniper rifle range.

MickeyPhree

I feel that I have to use it as I just can't see enemies in this game half the time. Sucks to be gettin old.

SadAli

Neo Member
I feel that I have to use it as I just can't see enemies in this game half the time. Sucks to be gettin old.

Yeah I feel your pain on that, especially appreciated it on maps like Turbine where everything comes off as different shades of beige to my ageing eyes. Just seemed really overpowered when it came to maps like Raid where I could run up the stairs and take out all the diamonds without even registering what was going on.

Also, amazing how quickly your eyes get used to it as well, felt blind when I turned it off.

Guys can I have your best

PDW set up including attachments and perks.

Also is this pretty much for all SMG's?

For any SMG, not on nuketown, it goes like this for me:

SMG w/ long barrel + laser sight....or suppressor + laser sight
KAP40 akimbo
Ghost + Hardline
Scavenger/Toughness for the levels before Scavenger is unlocked.
Bouncing Betty

eek5

Guys can I have your best

PDW set up including attachments and perks.

Also is this pretty much for all SMG's?

PDW+silencer/fastmags
hardline/flak jacket
toughness
dexterity/tactical mask

PDW+silencer/fastmags
flak jacket
toughness/scav
dexterity
2x concussion

Are LMGs easy to diamond? I might do those once I finish this final SMG. I'm kinda dreading ARs and Shotties (only the 870 is gold).

LMGs are so damn fun. I dislike the QBB since it's got way too much kick and not enough damage to be effective at range, but the other three are pretty aces. MK-48 will kill at 3 shots at almost any distance, and has very little recoil. LSAT's a bit better at close range at the cost of having to land 4 shots at longer distances. HAMR fires the first 7 bullets at a higher ROF so it can do pretty decently if you have to defend yourself up close, but also makes it great for rapid bursts at range.

Just remember, you can't go tearing around a map with them like you would with an SMG or shotgun. Gotta move a bit more methodically. I almost always run Flak Jacket, Tac Mask, and a good sidearm so that I become extremely difficult to flush out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just remember, you can't go tearing around a map with them like you would with an SMG or shotgun. Gotta move a bit more methodically. I almost always run Flak Jacket, Tac Mask, and a good sidearm so that I become extremely difficult to flush out.
That's like asking me no to be me. I'm gonna find a way to make this work haha.

That's like asking me no to be me. I'm gonna find a way to make this work haha.

HAMR and QBB will be your best bets, then. Slapping Rapid-Fire on any LMG makes it a lot deadlier up-close, at the cost of range (except for the MK-48, whose range is so ridiculous it's not a major issue) and increased recoil (QBB Rapid Fire is almost impossible to control, hahah). I have a Special Needs SMG class where I run around with the QBB or HAMR with Rapid Fire and Laser Sight, to varying degrees of success. Otherwise, if you want to maintain some degree of mobility, stick with Stock and possibly Quickdraw or Laser Sight.

But you should definitely try hunkering down once in a while. It's incredibly satisfying to mow down 4 or 5 people in rapid succession in objective-based game modes.

Radec

Man, I don't know what to believe anymore.

At first I thought the PDW and MSMC are pretty good. Then I tried golding the Vector and it's even better than those 2. Then I moved on to the MP7 and it's even better than the Vector!

Only 2 more SMGs left to be golden. Chicom will probably next since Scorpion unlocked pretty late.

Whats the best way to use this gun ?

Crap, double weapon xp lapse already. :/

eek5

At first I thought the PDW and MSMC are pretty good. Then I tried golding the Vector and it's even better than those 2. Then I moved on to the MP7 and it's even better than the Vector!

Only 2 more SMGs left to be golden. Chicom will probably next since Scorpion unlocked pretty late.

Scorpion is the best SMG in the game IMO

2i1iAAY.jpg

It's really the only one that I do really well with. All the other SMGs are pretty much the same to me lol

Ghazi

Just bought the season pass, I probably won't use the Peacekeeper much though, even after pickin it up and using it a lot it's definitely good, I still prefer my PDW over everything.

Radec

Scorpion is the best SMG in the game IMO

2i1iAAY.jpg

It's really the only one that I do really well with. All the other SMGs are pretty much the same to me lol

Mines a "tactical-waiting" gun. lol

yLKblMF.jpg

I rarely use the LSAT nowadays though. Probably when I kept dying when rushing. Or someone keep throwing EMP Grenades on my tact insert.

But rushing seems to work fine on me now, lots of points.

eek5

Mines a "tactical-waiting" gun. lol

I rarely use the LSAT nowadays though. Probably when I kept dying when rushing. Or someone keep throwing EMP Grenades on my tact insert.
rofl I beast out w/ the LSAT as well. really versatile LMG

T0WprQ4.png

it probably helps that I've mainly used LSAT w/ shield

snacknuts

we all knew her
Pardon my newb-ness, but where do you get the gun stats?

The CoD Elite website. Is it just me, or does Elite SUCK? It seems to leave out a ton of the games I play (PS3).

SS6Ygbb.png

Oh btw, I am awful at this game. And according to the game, my overall K/D is ~1.57, even though the stats above would indicate that I have never gotten that high with a single weapon, let alone overall.

eek5

The CoD Elite website. Is it just me, or does Elite SUCK? It seems to leave out a ton of the games I play (PS3).

SS6Ygbb.png

Oh btw, I am awful at this game. And according to the game, my overall K/D is ~1.57, even though the stats above would indicate that I have never gotten that high with a single weapon, let alone overall.

Probably lethal kill streaks or weapon kills from weapons you had not unlocked yet (those won't show up on elite). I doubt you suck though based on those stats unless you average like 90spm or something lol.

and yeah, ELITE is pretty bad. BO1 had the most stats. MW3 was not that bad but now BO2 is missing a ton of stuff like longest kill streak, most kills with x weapon, etc. pretty disappointing to take so many steps back

snacknuts

we all knew her
I doubt you suck though based on those stats unless you average like 90spm or something lol.

175 spm, which I have never paid attention to before. Half of the stuff you guys talk about in this thread goes right over my head. lol I play pretty casually and almost exclusively in Core TDM (50.75 total hours played; 49.75 in TDM).

The chicom? The same way as you use any other SMG. The only SMG you have to think about using differently is the Skorpion because of how little range it has. And all the SMGs are pretty good and balanced. Personally, I'd rank the MSMC in the lower half of the SMGs, but others claim it's the best weapon in the game.

and yeah, ELITE is pretty bad. BO1 had the most stats. MW3 was not that bad but now BO2 is missing a ton of stuff like longest kill streak, most kills with x weapon, etc. pretty disappointing to take so many steps back

Elite isn't the problem. Games that don't show up are theater mode's fault and therefore they don't show up on Elite, cause it's like they never existed. MW3 elite was the best. The only game you could see your K/D and SPM by map, as well as equipment usage and effectiveness etc... You can still see most kills with x weapon if you sort the weapon k/d page in BO2, but it's missing things like you said longest killstreak etc.. The ingame leaderboards are awful too. Not only do treyarch leaderboards never work properly, now they got rid of total kills/wins/and accuracy leaderboards.

CallofDutyElite said:

Even though the KSG is my best gun, I wouldn't say it counts because of how few kills it has, so i took the screenshots all the way down to a gun that has alotta kills.

This game is strange that my gun k/ds are lower than my overall k/d, which means equipment and killstreaks are carrying my ratio, while in MW3, i had several k/ds over 4 and 5 for guns, even though my overall k/d was significantly lower.

Also, i apparently have 0% accuracy with the executioner, but i have several kills with it. Dafuq.

eek5

MW3 elite was the best. The only game you could see your K/D and SPM by map, as well as equipment usage and effectiveness etc...
Also, i apparently have 0% accuracy with the executioner, but i have several kills with it. Dafuq.
Seeing individual spm/kd for each map was great. I hope they can somehow bring the improve tab back. The game actually tracks some other stuff like longest killstreak, what weapon you got kills most with etc. Some is avail on mobile app but not pc elite...

I think they hotfixed executioner accuracy sometime recently. I have like 0.05% accuracy so it registered at some point..

vdQy6xQ.png

175 spm, which I have never paid attention to before. Half of the stuff you guys talk about in this thread goes right over my head. lol I play pretty casually and almost exclusively in Core TDM (50.75 total hours played; 49.75 in TDM).

175 isn't particularly high for TDM but I love having players like you on my team. Lets me still get a bunch of kills without worrying about having to use 100% focus to just not lose :lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The Chicom might have ended up being my favourite SMG to use, but then again it was the last one I golded, so it could just be the fatigue factor making me bored of using SMGs. Never once used Select Fire for it either. I still end up going with a PDW for my Domination class though due to the big magazine, and damage.

eek5

The Chicom might have ended up being my favourite SMG to use, but then again it was the last one I golded, so it could just be the fatigue factor making me bored of using SMGs. Never once used Select Fire for it either. I still end up going with a PDW for my Domination class though due to the big magazine, and damage.
I didn't like select fire on the chicom. IIRC the stats are very similar to vector but at the cost of 2 points and w/ shittier irons (IMO).

Chicom was fun w/ MMS since it outlines people's bodies and helped me stay on target better.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like select fire on the chicom. IIRC the stats are very similar to vector but at the cost of 2 points and w/ shittier irons (IMO).

Chicom was fun w/ MMS since it outlines people's bodies and helped me stay on target better.

I didn't even end up using a sight on it after the first prestige, hated the iron sights on it at first though. Love the MMS on my PDW for domination, outlines guys laying down behind cover near the flags, and helps with smoke too.

Ive lost a little motivation to keep playing once I diamond Ar's, Im not trying to brag, I just did lose a little fire. Funny thing is I haven't even enjoyed them, I jumped into SMG's, to which I am not having fun using.

Can't be worse than this:

T3wRT3r.png

;_;

You have me beat slightly, but I'm in that same range for both BOII and MW3. Shields are stat destroyers.

Picture3_zps7bb2cadf.png

Picture4-3_zps72d7a766.png

And while we're at it with Call of Duty Elite, this has to be the best gun in Call of Duty History:

Picture5-1_zps1e5feaa5.png

3 shot kill anywhere with a silencer, with a still pretty decent 2hk range. 1 shot headshots and plenty of ammo with scavenger. And any gun in MW3 is 10 times better with stalker :D Another gun that deserves an honorable mention is the FMG9. I have just under 1500 headshots with it and 20k career kills with it. Some people don't even get to 20k total kills over the course of the year!

EDIT: Also all my MW3 maps pretty much beat my Blops2 SPM and Blops2 even gives extra score like the +125 for a kill and uav assists, so the game is much slower. My highest in MW3 is Foundation at 574.9, but most of the maps range between 400-450. My best K/D maps are parish at 6.57 and Bakaara at 3.13. In blops 2, it'll be a mystery since they decided to get rid of such an excellent feature.

Slizz

Some awesome fun I just had on 360.

Team had about a 12 point lead in TDM and then all of a sudden no one on my team can move and everyones lagging....Score was probably 66-53. Proceeded to lose 68-75 everyone on the other team with perfect latency, everyone on my team EXCEPT a guy who joined at the end had 1 bar.

This kind of thing has happened twice to me in the past few days.

Cudder

Some awesome fun I just had on 360.

Team had about a 12 point lead in TDM and then all of a sudden no one on my team can move and everyones lagging....Score was probably 66-53. Proceeded to lose 68-75 everyone on the other team with perfect latency, everyone on my team EXCEPT a guy who joined at the end had 1 bar.

This kind of thing has happened twice to me in the past few days.

might've been a lag switch, check theater mode

GodofWine

Some genius was just using the R870 on Standoff, was so fun killing him over and over with the Peacekeeper.

His issue wasnt weapon choice...he probably just didnt have a clue which hallways and routes he could own. The remy is pretty good on all maps so long as you know how not to expose yourself to ranged encounters

The Chef

Have a couple friends over. All 3 of us connect fine wirelessly to my Airport Extreme. We form a party and search for a game. As the game loads, inevitably, one of my friends game wont finish loading and will time out or freeze and he has to reboot his ps3.

I have restarted my cable modem and my Airport Extreme thinking there is some kind of conflict happening but that doesn't fix it.

Even tried turning all our ps3's off and then having just myself and the problem friend boot up and join a game with just us two and still, he cant get in.

Im out of ideas on what to do here. Any ideas gentlemen?

Top Bottom