• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Some people remove all the weapons and just run around with the knife, you will learn to dislike them, lol.

This is what I do. I load up on perks and take a bouncing betty with me.

I usually pick up whatever gun is lying on the ground. It's good fun adjusting to the weapons random people are using. It's especially great when the other team complains about the weapon you're using.

Aggrotek

Yeah FAL is semi-auto, but all burst/semi guns can be turned full auto with an attachment (select fire). I ended up feeling quite good about the SWAT with select fire + laser sight and using it mostly from the hip.

Right now I took the Primary Weapon wild card, and have the Grip, a sight (which I might drop for something else), and the Select fire. Has been working really well for me.

Only truly bad weapons:

- KSG until you get used to it's unforgiving learning curved (then it becomes awesome)
- S12 (no getting used to it it just sucks do to horrendous damage-per-pellet, and low ammo)
- M1216 (same reason as s12 although slightly more usable)

High Tier Weapons:
- MK48 (known in this game as the 3HK train, in a lot of ranges its even a 2HK if you get 1 headshot)
- LSAT (MK48 with 3HK range shortened a little but recoil and firerate improved)
- SWAT (used to suck; now it's pretty much the M16A4 from CoD4)
- PDW (low recoil and large magzine)
- MSMC (high damage, great hipfire, great handling)
- AN-94 (high damage, potentially high rate of fire, low recoil)
- FAL (high damage)
- 870 [depending on map] (High damage)
- Pretty much all the snipers

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Once you find a good loop to run on Hydro and the areas that people tend to gravitate towards, it can be pretty easy to rack up the kills.

I still haven't figured out Mirage yet.

Yeah, once Hydro clicks with you can really go apeshit. I've gotten so many high scorestreaks on that map it's not funny.

Basically just stick to the right or left side and lock the choke points down. Never go in the middle. Watch for the spawn switch, turn around, and spawn camp.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This is what I do. I load up on perks and take a bouncing betty with me.

I usually pick up whatever gun is lying on the ground. It's good fun adjusting to the weapons random people are using. It's especially great when the other team complains about the weapon you're using.

I don't have so much of a problem with doing it as much as the game can't seem to handle someone running around, I've ran around with just a knife and it can be good fun, and friends and I for a drinking game; but sometimes you just can't hit the buggers reliably, lol.

eek5

Only truly bad weapons:

- KSG until you get used to it's unforgiving learning curved (then it becomes awesome)
- S12 (no getting used to it it just sucks do to horrendous damage-per-pellet, and low ammo)
- M1216 (same reason as s12 although slightly more usable)

I've been using the M1216 and it is pretty bad but it is kind of unique as well. As a primary it seems very limited. You're basically stuck in extreme CQB situations which can be a bit hard to manage if you want to move around the map, however, as a secondary it is... not bad.

I think it's far superior to an executioner, for example, which requires 2 points to be decent (executioner + fast mags) but you can overkill a M1216 for the same cost. The switch speed isn't the same but you should be able to predict when you'll be in tight quarters anyway.

I think where the M1216 really excels is nullifying lag issues. Having problems turning corners and getting blasted before you can even shoot? HAH! I just hold the trigger down AS I'm turning a corner and I'll ohk or 2hk dudes sitting in corners. It's the one shotgun you can actually prefire with which makes it really strong when you have UAV/VSAT up.

The sad part is I have 206 kills and like 40 OHK's so far. It's going to be a long grind to gold lmao

This is kind of true, once I got it gold I moved on to my SMG's and I was all messed up, I felt like I regressed.

One thing the 870 will teach you is SMG routes to run to because you don't really have a mid/midlong range game, you'll have to duck in and out of cover. It'll also teach you to walk or sprint+jump around corners instead of sprinting and then waiting for raise time. It CAN be a crutch but as long as you understand what you can and cannot do once you switch weapons, there are a lot of things you can work on while using the 870 that will transfer to your regular gameplay IMO.

Yeah, once Hydro clicks with you can really go apeshit. I've gotten so many high scorestreaks on that map it's not funny.

Basically just stick to the right or left side and lock the choke points down. Never go in the middle. Watch for the spawn switch, turn around, and spawn camp.

That headglitch on the inside of the turbines by each spawn is one of the strongest headglitches in the game. Just have to watch for back flank but if your teammates are covering upper-mid then there is no way anyone can stop you.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've had some of my best games ever with the M1216, I feel it's underrated. The range feels better than the S12, and it seems to rattle off headshots more frequently than the other shotguns. This usually comes on the second or third shot mind you, but if you're in close quarters against a Remington or SMG, this helps a bunch before they can get enough bullets into you. Just stay away from long sight lines.

I have so much trouble getting headshots with the MTAR. I've been forced to waste a slot on the red dot sight to help get them.

eek5

what is the best automatic assault rifle? i'm using the mtar right now but it feels a little weak.

SCAR and AN-94 for MID to LONG range

Both the scar and AN-94 have a lot of recoil but lowish RPM so you can control it decently. SCAR is 3-4HK which is the least for auto ARs which is pretty sweet. 3HK at max range if you get a headshot.

AN-94 has a lot of recoil if you hold down the trigger but it has an interesting mechanic where it shoots the first 2 bullets at 900ish RPM and those two are pretty accurate. Since it's 3-5hk you can usually 2 burst then do a 3-4 burst to finish people at most mid ranges. In close range you can do 2 bursts really fast to get up to around 700-750 rpm which is OK.

I kind of like the T25 for close-mid range. It kind of sucks close (pea shooter) but at mid range it'll outgun a lot of weapons from smgs to ARs.

tigerin

My two favourites are the Scar (High Dmg and recoil) and the M27 (Low dmg and virtually no recoil).

SCAR and AN-94 for MID to LONG range

Both the scar and AN-94 have a lot of recoil but lowish RPM so you can control it decently. SCAR is 3-4HK which is the least for auto ARs which is pretty sweet. 3HK at max range if you get a headshot.

AN-94 has a lot of recoil if you hold down the trigger but it has an interesting mechanic where it shoots the first 2 bullets at 900ish RPM and those two are pretty accurate. Since it's 3-5hk you can usually 2 burst then do a 3-4 burst to finish people at most mid ranges. In close range you can do 2 bursts really fast to get up to around 700-750 rpm which is OK.

I kind of like the T25 for close-mid range. It kind of sucks close (pea shooter) but at mid range it'll outgun a lot of weapons from smgs to ARs.

wait, the SCAR isn't crap in this game? so what up with elpresador dissing it in his youtube video?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
wait, the SCAR isn't crap in this game? so what up with elpresador dissing it in his youtube video?

I don't know all the stats, etc., but I have used all the assault rifles extensively. For me the SCAR is the best. However, I tend to be more of a mid/long range player. If you like to mix it up closer range then another assault rifle may be better.

eek5

I thought the SCAR was decent before but they patched the damage to 3-4HK like it was in MW3 and it is a LOT better now. (2hk-3hk w/ headshots)

B29pg7B.png

s8Fk769.png

The only problem is it has a lot of recoil but really not much more than comparable weapons IMO. The only thing is the AN-94 will sometimes cancel out horizontal recoil and the first 2 shot burst is very accurate which is probably why a lot of people consider it to not have a lot of recoil (accurate 2 burst then adjust for the 1-2hk after).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the SCAR, SMR, and SWAT have high penetration (like LMGs) so you can wall bang pretty easily. It's 45 dmg up close too so you retain a lot of 3HK through walls even at mid range.

Oh another thing, it's 45 dmg up to 2000 units which is 33% further than SMR's 2HK range which is pretty far. Basically the SCAR is one of the best ARs in the game IMO. It has a faster TTK than SF Fal in most of mid to mid/long range and costs a point less.

I can't believe I'm the only one who uses the SWAT. At most, it's two shot kills, and at medium range you often kill people with one pull of the trigger.

As for a fully automatic AR, I've actually had better luck with the M27 than the SCAR. I don't like fully automatic ARs though. I feel like I'm better off going to one extreme or the other (SMG or LMG).

tigerin

thanks guys! I've tried out both the scar and an94. i think i'll go with the an94 as it seems to have more power behind each shots and works pretty well when i tap the trigger instead of holding it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I'm the only one who uses the SWAT. At most, it's two shot kills, and at medium range you often kill people with one pull of the trigger.

As for a fully automatic AR, I've actually had better luck with the M27 than the SCAR. I don't like fully automatic ARs though. I feel like I'm better off going to one extreme or the other (SMG or LMG).

I'm a fan of the SWAT too, the M16 has always been my favourite gun in the previous games(didn't play MW3). It's right behind the Type-25 and FAL in kills for me.

eek5

The swat is pretty good. I saw someone using it with MMS pretty effectively. Since the penetration is higher now you can headshot (1.4x multiplier!) through a lot of surfaces for one burst headshot kills which makes the gun pretty uniique.

Even though it can single burst in cqb, it is a bit unforgiving. If you miss a burst you really screw yourself overwhich is why I prefer the m8 even though it rarely one bursts.

Jrmint

Yea the SWAT definitely is not great in close quarters. I usually like to have the 45 or 5-7 as a secondary when I'm going around tight quarters or interiors.

eek5

Yup I really really like the Scar now. Especially with a grip and fast mags.

I dont want to poop on your good times or anything but grip only increases centerspeed by 2%. While it is almost somewhat noticable on the scar, I do not think it is worth a pick10 slot. Also, scar has a really fast reload cancel. I think it is one of the fastest reloading ars in the game so fast mags does not help as much.

I really like silencer (high dmg, still really long 3hk range), mms (high penetration + seeing people through walls with low fov impact), or even noob tube (for long range kills where you put 2 bullets but get random recoil and they run away. just drop a noob tube in the area to finish the job)

Gav47

If you're running the Scar with out the quickdraw handle you're doin it wrong :p I'll usually use an Eotech or RDS as I don't like the muzzle flash with the iron sights.

SeanR1221

I dont want to poop on your good times or anything but grip only increases centerspeed by 2%. While it is almost somewhat noticable on the scar, I do not think it is worth a pick10 slot. Also, scar has a really fast reload cancel. I think it is one of the fastest reloading ars in the game so fast mags does not help as much.

I really like silencer (high dmg, still really long 3hk range), mms (high penetration + seeing people through walls with low fov impact), or even noob tube (for long range kills where you put 2 bullets but get random recoil and they run away. just drop a noob tube in the area to finish the job)

If you're running the Scar with out the quickdraw handle you're doin it wrong :p I'll usually use an Eotech or RDS as I don't like the muzzle flash with the iron sights.

Thanks guys. I'll try mixing it up. I didn't even know what reload cancel was until now!

WoodWERD

Last night I noticed I don't have the player card for 'X number of iron sight kills', is it glitched? I've used iron sights for 99% of my kills.

And I got my 300th crossbow kill yesterday...finally. Now I need a bloodthirsty and to get a kill with every shot in the magazine, going to be fun :|

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Last night I noticed I don't have the player card for 'X number of iron sight kills', is it glitched? I've used iron sights for 99% of my kills.

And I got my 300th crossbow kill yesterday...finally. Now I need a bloodthirsty and to get a kill with every shot in the magazine, going to be fun :|

IIRC the iron sight kills is for the Sniper Rifle where you have to use the actual Iron Sights attachment on the weapon, rather than just any guns iron sights.

I remember when they actually patched this out of the original Black Ops. People were fucking mad. They had to re-enable it because of all the anger it caused.

I'm pretty sure that what happened was they did a hotfix that temporaily removed YY reload cancelling until they took care of the glitch that made the first sniper shot after a weapon switch go directly center for hipfire.

That's why no scopes are no longer as common.

eek5

I don't remember that. Sledgehammer removed YYing fron MW3 though because it "is an exploit" even though sprint reload cancel still works. They never went back on it.

Top Bottom