• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Wouldn't surprise me considering we are at the point where treyarch is now the more reliable of the two CoD development teams. Probably helps when you have one single team in charge of multiplayer instead of different teams split up.

Radec

drift0r's in-depth has those reload cancel times on every gun.

---

Im getting bored now on Revolution.

Ground War looks fun on those maps but they didnt include it in the PS3. :/

Man, Treyarch games are so annoying with DLC. The first one comse out late jan/very early february. And then nothing until memorial day weekend usually, with others following in july and august. I need more nuketown weekends and zombie maps!

They better go back to DLC every 3 weeks like MW3 did in the next game, even though I think that system is dead :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Are you guys ready for Bacon Camo?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ow.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also Nuketown 2025 will be available for those who didn't get it. Its also free.

I wonder if Nuketown 2025 will be thrown into general rotation with other maps instead of being relegated to it's own playlist. I wish they would have a DLC on/off switch like MW3 did though, we play with a friend who doesn't have it and the game continually brings up DLC maps meaning we have to leave the room.

eek5

PATCH NOTES:
Xbox 360/PS3 Patch Notes:

Game Update Notes: Mar. 12, 2013

Feature Improvements
-The CODcast control panel can now optionally show the overhead map in the player list in games with 10 players or less.
-Added the ability to view past seasons for all the leagues a team has been a part of in League History.
-Background Downloading has been enabled on XBOX 360.

Multiplayer Issues Addressed
-Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.
-Resolved Select Fire reverting back to default settings after a round transition.
-Fixed a potential exploit using the Trophy System.
-Addressed an issue with the Collector’s Edition camo un-equipping from weapons.
-Addressed an issue with the Peacekeeper not appearing for players that join into a match that is already in progress.
-Resolved an issue on Drone where the automatic doors at the weapon plant would trigger/destroy Lethal Equipment.
-Addressed an issue with the highlight for the Dual Band Scope on players equipped with certain weapons.
-Fixed an issue with the planted bomb disappearing at the “B” site on Hydro when the water floods.
-Addressed an issue with the VTOL Warship not destroying if hit when exiting the map.
-Players will now be able to complete the Shredder Scorestreak challenge using a Death Machine from a care package.
-The Stealth Chopper no longer counts towards completion of the Chopper Hunter challenge.
-Resolved an issue where planted Riot Shields were not getting destroyed by the gondolas in Downhill.
-Resolved an issue with C4 and Bouncing Betty’s killing players on contact.
-Fixed an issue where the Combat Axe would sometime destroy the Guardian.
Addressed a missing image issue with the Medals section of the Combat Record for new players.
-Players with Hard Wired equipped will no longer lose their Care Package if throwing it while an enemy EMP Scorestreak is active.
-Fixed an issue with bomb plants being automatically aborted while a Care Package or Hunter Killer Drone is equipped.
-Hosts can now kick players in Custom Game lobbies.
-Hint text for the Camera toggle in the Live Stream menu updated to include support for the XBOX 360 Kinect sensor.
-Videos being rendered in the Theater will no longer be automatically canceled when the controller disconnects.
-The CODcast UI is now displaying the flag for the Flag Carrier in the Objective column.
-Addressed a button mapping issue in the Emblem Options menu.
-Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded.
-Fixed an issue with the stats tracking for the Executioner’s Accuracy in the Combat Record.
-Fixed an issue where the Friends List showed a joinable/green arrow icon for players who were not playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
-Resolved an issue where the turret in the northern building on Turbine would become unusable.
-Addressed an issue with the Lightning Strike Scorestreak if the player had the tablet out during a host migration.
-Fixed an issue with some weapons having invisible magazines from 3rd person animations during an automatic reload.
-Resolved an issue on XBOX 360 with backing out of a Guest Account sign-in.
Addressed an issue where the game would sometimes crash after repeated host migrations.
-Fixed knife lunge launching players on the Express map.
-Fixed an issue where the player could get an empty War Machine or Death Machine when switching classes at the start of the match.
-Addressed a loss of functionality for the player and guest when switching between Multiplayer and Zombies and having the guest switch back to Multiplayer.
-Match clocks in Multi-Team and Free-for-All games modes no longer continue to tick down in Theater when a CODcast game is paused.
-Resolved an issue where planting a -Claymore in front of a crouched player with a Riot Shield would cause the Claymore to fly across the map.
-Resolved a couple of overlapping UI issues when CODcasting.
-Players can now turn the Voice Icon On/Off when CODcasting a match in Theater.

Gameplay Balancing
Spawn System Improvements:

-Reduced the weight of positive team spawn influencers on owned Domination flags. This reduces cases in Domination where players may spawn near their team but also near danger.
-Added more spawn points to Hijacked for Demolition and Kill Confirmed, which improves the spawn-picking algorithm on that map in those game modes.
-Adjusted spawn influencers on Standoff for improved spawn-picking algorithms in all game modes.

SMGs:
-MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
-PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.

Pistols:
-KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
-KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.

Attachments:
-MMS: Cold blooded now renders enemies almost completely invisible to MMS.

LMGs:
-QBB-LSW: Medium range damage increased.
-HAMR: Medium range damage increased.

Assault Rifles:
-FAL OSW + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
-SMR + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
-Type 25: Move speed increased.
-Type 25: Medium range damage increased.
-SCAR: Long range damage increased.
-SWAT-556: Long range damage increased.

Shotguns:
-M1216: Medium range damage increased.

Sniper Rifles:
-Ballista + Iron Sight: Idle sway reduced.

Zombies Issues Addressed
-Resolved several issues with exploitable areas in the Die Rise
-Resolved several exploits in Green Run
-Resolved network/connectivity issues that could occur in the frontend and lobbies.

--
T25, SCAR are interesting. QBB and HAMR aren't surprising (QBB was comically bad at range). More PDW/MSMC nerfs? Sucks for SMG users lol.

Supposedly T25 is 97% run speed now (between AR and SMG).

Also I've heard you can change reticle colors now as well.

They have to be stationary or barely moving. MMS works best in SnD, sit behind a wall and watch the bomb site.

Yup. It's basically the same as ghost as far as when you show up or not. I believe it's exactly timed like that so if you're walking slow before turning a door then you speed up it takes half a second or whatever for you to become "immune" meaning someone can sometimes see you turning a corner if they're camping in a room.

Pistols:
-KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
-KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.

WHY? These pistols already have the worst accuracy ever and are weak as shit. They were nowhere even close to being OP, but they're made worse? Dafuq?

They're pretty much unusable without going prone and you can only kill one person at a time because of the extremely low ammo.

I guess it doesn't matter too much in the end though, since I'm not really playing anymore unless it's Nuketown weekend.

Another update where they didn't address one goddamn thing about the networking or lag compensation. Black Ops 2 is now officially retired for me. Fuck off, Treyarch.

eek5

WHY? These pistols already have the worst accuracy ever and are weak as shit. They were nowhere even close to being OP, but they're made worse? Dafuq?

They're pretty much unusable without going prone and you can only kill one person at a time because of the extremely low ammo.

I guess it doesn't matter too much in the end though, since I'm not really playing anymore unless it's Nuketown weekend.

Nuketown is going to be in the rotation now or something. Kap-40's were nerfed because of league play complainers for the most part. They were starting to filter into regular pub matchmaking though. The dual kaps were pretty OP in shotgun range but I prefer a single Kap anyway (which wasn't nerfed)

JHall

Dual Kap 40's were OP as hell. Glad they got nerfed. I'm ranked 8th in my master division, every game I'd play was full of those damn things.

im not sure what scorestreaks to use nowadays.

usually i just run uav-hellstorm-lightning strike, but i've been going uav-hellstorm-stealth chopper. but it seems like the chopper isnt as good as i remember it being (back in mw2). any recommendations? usually playing on kill confirmed.

Nuketown is going to be in the rotation now or something. Kap-40's were nerfed because of league play complainers for the most part. They were starting to filter into regular pub matchmaking though. The dual kaps were pretty OP in shotgun range but I prefer a single Kap anyway (which wasn't nerfed)

Makes sense. They always nerf overused weapons that aren't necessarily OP.

The G11 in Black Ops was never nerfed but it was more powerful than the Type 95, which was nerfed.

So now, 5 months later, when the Kap 40 gains popularity, it gets nerfed even though it needed all the help it could get to become a better gun. Now they just made it worse.

Kinda like how glitches only get fixed when popularized. Five-seven instant reload without animation was never fixed in MW3 cause nobody used the gun.

And stuff like SitRep Pro from MW2, Blops 1, and MW3 is very OP, but never nerfed cause nobody uses it.

SeanR1221

im not sure what scorestreaks to use nowadays.

usually i just run uav-hellstorm-lightning strike, but i've been going uav-hellstorm-stealth chopper. but it seems like the chopper isnt as good as i remember it being (back in mw2). any recommendations? usually playing on kill confirmed.

I run care package, sentry gun and AGR.

Care package usually has something good, sentry gun (if placed well) can rack up kills, and the AGR is a beast.

eek5

So now, 5 months later, when the Kap 40 gains popularity, it gets nerfed even though it needed all the help it could get to become a better gun. Now they just made it worse.

The TTK on dual kaps was just too high. It was a 3HK at ~1800 RPM which is faster than any non OHK gun in the game and it had a pretty small hipfire box. The range was somewhat limited but it was pretty much good almost to KSG range.

Yeah, you could only kill 1 person before reloading but it was almost a guaranteed kill which made it powerful in competitive scene since you could just jump around a corner and get a free kill on someone.

I honestly think the single Kap 40 is still one of the best guns in the game and they didn't touch that. It's in my top 10 in k/d which is crazy for a secondary that I use as a primary on one of my classes lol.

It's true that they're mainly nerfing/buffing stuff on complaints/usage. I'm sure they're just looking at complaints and their data on how much things are used, their k/d, etc. It's funny to see decent guns like T25 get buffed over and over and guns like SCAR which have always been good get constant buffs. SCAR is going to end up getting nerfed soon (I'm assuming it's 3hk at all ranges now since long range dmg used to be 33).

The TTK on dual kaps was just too high. It was a 3HK at ~1800 RPM which is faster than any non OHK gun in the game and it had a pretty small hipfire box. The range was somewhat limited but it was pretty much good almost to KSG range.

Yeah, you could only kill 1 person before reloading but it was almost a guaranteed kill which made it powerful in competitive scene since you could just jump around a corner and get a free kill on someone.

I honestly think the single Kap 40 is still one of the best guns in the game and they didn't touch that. It's in my top 10 in k/d which is crazy for a secondary that I use as a primary on one of my classes lol.

It's true that they're mainly nerfing/buffing stuff on complaints/usage. I'm sure they're just looking at complaints and their data on how much things are used, their k/d, etc. It's funny to see decent guns like T25 get buffed over and over and guns like SCAR which have always been good get constant buffs. SCAR is going to end up getting nerfed soon (I'm assuming it's 3hk at all ranges now since long range dmg used to be 33).

I actually use my primary over the Kaps if i know where someone is and want to ensure I kill them. The Kaps just aren't good guns. The range is nowhere near KSG range. If you think about hijacked underground (this might be hard to understand) on the side of the ship where it says Vahn Boyage. If somebody is laying at the doorway and waiting for people to turn the corner in the hallway, the doorway to the end of that hallway is about max range only if you go prone. It might have the shortest range in the game out of any gun, besides maybe the executioner.

My k/d with it is a lousy 1.80 cause it's not that great of a gun or reliable and it's still glitched where you have to reload it twice. They're really only good when you run out of ammo in your primary or when you have to reload in a battle with multiple enemies, so you switch to them. Otherwise, they're useless. I just don't get how you can make it weaker when in extremely close range battles against snipers, I still lose cause the bullets don't kill quick enough.

I'll just move onto akimbo Executioners or B23Rs and have pretty much the same thing anyway

And yeah it is all about popularity. The MSMC and PDW are nowhere near OP right now. It's just what everybody uses. I prefer many other guns over those two because they're not that good.

I read pay spacebucks for more custom icon things and got excited thinking it meant more layers but it probably just means 'you can have more of them saved'.

:(

eek5

The SWAT is already super powerful. I'm surprised that its getting a buff.
I bet you that NO ONE will use the SWAT anyway.

I'll play with it tonight. The thing that has always held me back from doing really well with the swat compared to fal, smr, and m8 is how the burst delay is so unforgiving in close quarters. Long range buff doesn't really help in that regard but maybe it will completely outclass those other guns in mid-long.

So far most of 3arcs buffs/nerfs have been really miniscule though so we will see.

The scar buff/ smr,fal nerf are interesting. I am assuming scar completely outclasses auto fal/smr now

Noricart

I'll play with it tonight. The thing that has always held me back from doing really well with the swat compared to fal, smr, and m8 is how the burst delay is so unforgiving in close quarters. Long range buff doesn't really help in that regard but maybe it will completely outclass those other guns in mid-long.

So far most of 3arcs buffs/nerfs have been really miniscule though so we will see.

The scar buff/ smr,fal nerf are interesting. I am assuming scar completely outclasses auto fal/smr now

I always use ACOG Quickdraw and Select Fire on the SWAT. Sometimes I switch out attachments and usually luck out in close quarters.
Then again, I also like the S12 (extended mags practically required) so maybe I'm just weird.

I can't get into the SCAR. I much prefer the M27. I don't see a difference in damage, but the much superior recoil is very helpful.

The SWAT is my most used gun. I just use overkill and the Remmington in the same class so I have something to switch to in close quarters. Hybrid optic on the SWAT gives it a good mix of medium-long range.

zeelman

So I'm pretty sure my router is making this game frustrating for me. I found out that my router does not work properly with Xbox Live. It doesn't reliably give me Open NAT. When I get host, the game becomes unplayable for me. I'm several seconds behind my enemies, and it takes whole clips to kill them. When I ragequit, my friends know I was host because I'm gone after the game finds another host.

What routers do you guys use? I'm thinking of getting this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

Why buff the SWAT? After that first buff it had already become the BO2 equivalent to the CoD4 M16.

And I find it funny that they buffed the M1216 but not the shotgun that much more desperately needs a buff.

At least the HAMR and QBB buffs are welcome. I hope that QBB buff increases damage enough to make it decent at wallbanging.

eek5

MSMC is still pretty good. PDW is hit or miss. I feel like I can't use it mid-range at all anymore. Sometimes it'll kick up really hard

Also odd that they did all that SMG nerfing but didn't buff the grip.

Would make sense to increase recoil on the SMGs and then just make the grip give said SMGs their previous accuracy.

But then again this is the same treyarch that reduced idle sway on ARs even though there are a couple of attachments that remove sway entirely (ACOG and TF).

eek5

Also odd that they did all that SMG nerfing but didn't buff the grip.

Would make sense to increase recoil on the SMGs and then just make the grip give said SMGs their previous accuracy.

But then again this is the same treyarch that reduced idle sway on ARs even though there are a couple of attachments that remove sway entirely (ACOG and TF).

I think the major problem is their data still shows a lot of people using the grip... :(

eek5

damn, envy is using the SVU like an MK14.

Gonna try it later.

That's how I use it (like an AR) but the small magazine and slow ADS (0.4s) are KILLER

Regular AR is 0.25s and SMGs are 0.2s w/o quickdraw. You're pretty much fucked if you aren't already ADS since you need 2 hits to kill

eek5

mJRmvlP.png

l23QQnp.png

It is NOT 20 classes; it's 10 sets of classes and you can't switch between them in game.

Just a note for anyone with the Wii U version of the game:

Black Ops II Wii U - Update - 3/12/2013
Posted by A_Trey_U on 12-Mar-2013 14:55
UPDATE: 3/12/2013

Our next patch has been submitted to Nintendo. We are hoping for early next week. Patch notes will be updated once we have approvals in from Nintendo and the patch is ready to go live. I will not be giving information on what is included in the patch until that time.

A_Trey_U

this message and the changelog for previous updates is here: http://community.callofduty.com/message/414032145

adelante

http://i.imgur.com/mJRmvlP.png[//IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l23QQnp.png[//IMG]

It is NOT 20 classes; it's 10 sets of classes and you can't switch between them in game.[/QUOTE]

I can see how having sets of classes can be useful, but I'd much rather have the ability to customize each class with its own set of scorestreaks ala MW3

Top Bottom