• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

kuYuri

My SWAT class has been netting me a lot of kills:

WiMcbbn.png

This is XboxAhoy's recommended set up, isnt it? It's pretty good, used it a few times.

Ensoul

did you try bootcamp first? i did it just to get a feel when i first got the game (first cod ive played in years), and i think the level of play is definitely a little lower than just going straight into multiplayer.

LOL what is sad is that I have been playing the game since day one and I just got my ass handed to me all night. :( I am hoping it was just one of those nights

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Lots of people rocking the bacon skin last night!

As a vegetarian I take extra pleasure in pumping them full of lead :)

JHall

I'm thinking about resetting my stats. I'm Master Prestige and have Diamond Camo's for everything, which I don't even use on my weapons. Blue Tiger for life.

tj hazuki

I never really followed the CoD competitive scene closely, just Halo, but I am starting now because MLG picked it up. Who is the favorite to win?

ecurbj

I keep getting these notifications from the Elite app telling me the GAF clan is enlisting various different challenges!!

Ahhh! I need to get Xbox Live Gold back! :(

May just be about near the end of my time with this. Four prestiges in, have had my best games in any CoD in this game (had a 47-1, 44-2, and a 37-1 in the past week). I play mostly Domination/Kill Confirmed on XB360. But as Max said in his sounding off video, I feel that Im NEVER on even ground with anyone. I'm either cheating others or being cheated. So when I have good games, its not as rewarding as it has been in other CoD games, and it's infuriating when youre on the other side of the coin. There is just so many games where it feels like what Im doing with the controller doesn't really matter that much. What Im seeing and what is actually going down seems to be the farthest apart its ever been, regardless of whether Im having a good game or not.

Feel the exact same way. Haven't turned the game on since checking out the new maps once when they first came out so almost a month and a half? Wow, yeah I guess I'm done. I came in here to see if there was anything improved and it looks like no.

tj hazuki

Just tried the Live Streaming feature for the first time, pretty cool. Lags a bit but, cant complain really. I wish you can hear the voices from the party chat though. Seems like you can only hear the voices from in game chat

Just tried the Live Streaming feature for the first time, pretty cool. Lags a bit but, cant complain really. I wish you can hear the voices from the party chat though. Seems like you can only hear the voices from in game chat

It constantly turns off after a few minutes for me. Never stays on more than 10 minutes at most.

WoodWERD

30000 is the maximum points you can get in any given Black Ops 2 game!

I've had a couple games with more than that on 360...hardcore kill confirmed. IIRC I completed a couple gun mastery challenges (15k ea?) in a game. It was on a double xp weekend too so I ended up with ~64k points.

edit: derp, watched the vid.

Jrmint

I can't believe how many people have bought these stupid camos.

And of course the trolling ones too. Jokes on whoever bought it honestly, wasting $2 to make your gun look bright purple.

yup. about half the people I run into have them too lol

That's crazy. I'd expect like 10 camos for $2.

EDIT: I just heard that Custom Classes are being sold for $4 too. That's crazy for something that pretty much should already be in the game and not sold separately.
It would be cool to have all these things included in the season pass, but I'm fine with the way they're doing it now. I just think it's a bit overpriced and if you get a few camos, you could be spending $16 or something on them. Call of Duty already costs $114.19 a year based off retail price + season passes. And getting it before street date makes it cost even more. So charging even more for camo and shit is annoying considering it's practically an annual subscription where I have to set aside $114.19 per year + Xbox Live Gold.

zeelman

That's crazy. I'd expect like 10 camos for $2.

EDIT: I just heard that Custom Classes are being sold for $4 too. That's crazy for something that pretty much should already be in the game and not sold separately.
It would be cool to have all these things included in the season pass, but I'm fine with the way they're doing it now. I just think it's a bit overpriced and if you get a few camos, you could be spending $16 or something on them. Call of Duty already costs $114.19 a year based off retail price + season passes. And getting it before street date makes it cost even more. So charging even more for camo and shit is annoying considering it's practically an annual subscription where I have to set aside $114.19 per year + Xbox Live Gold.

The extra slots pack is actually $2.

I like to have the smallest reticle possible so I don't block my own view. I would use the dot from the reflex sight if I could.

me too. i like using the dot (reflex sight) because it reminds me of playing cs:source and using the console menu to make the smallest crosshairs possible. it def helped in source to be more accurate, and i kind of feel it had that same effect here.

eek5

This is my primary class now. Love the SWAT, even though it's sometimes a little unforgiving off the draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5L2qE5m1Q

This is pretty much what happens to me every time I use the swat. I can't stand it; rather use the SMR or Fal since these situations would never happen. The obk is cool but it isn't reliable enough to count on so I end up 2 bursting everyone anyway

That's a bit more reasonable, but it really should be free.

It's actually not extra classes though. It doesn't give anyone an advantage. It's just class sets which you can change in between games. Not a huge deal IMO. You're not missing anything by not getting them and you really only gain convenience by purchasing it. I bought it when there was misinformation that it was extra classes and I still don't regret it.

I like to have the smallest reticle possible so I don't block my own view. I would use the dot from the reflex sight if I could.

But that's what makes Ranger drop so great. The top portion is a tiny dot completely separated from the rest of the crap. I find it much easier to shoot headglitchers with than the bulky delta symbol.

kaskade

I definitely feel like the swat needs a secondary with it for close quarters. I love it long range and pretty much treat it similar to a sniper. I heard the SCAR is a lot better post patch but they took down the PDW and MSMC a bit :( I'll try out the scar once I get back up to the level though.

zeelman

^^^Yeah, the netcode is very inconsistent. I was no-scoped by a DSR at mid-range 1 kill away from a Warthog twice last night. And both times the guy shoulda been dead. A MSMC bullet to the head and five to chest should kill someone.

I definitely feel like the swat needs a secondary with it for close quarters. I love it long range and pretty much treat it similar to a sniper. I heard the SCAR is a lot better post patch but they took down the PDW and MSMC a bit :( I'll try out the scar once I get back up to the level though.

The patch didn't change the PDW and MSMC that much. Everybody still uses them. The extra recoil on the MSMC is helping me get headshots for it, though. I'm probably going to need like 1500-1600 kills to get it Gold, though. I barely got headshots with it before.

kaskade

^^^Yeah, the netcode is very inconsistent. I was no-scoped by a DSR at mid-range 1 kill away from a Warthog twice last night. And both times the guy shoulda been dead. A MSMC bullet to the head and five to chest should kill someone.

The patch didn't change the PDW and MSMC that much. Everybody still uses them. The extra recoil on the MSMC is helping me get headshots for it, though. I'm probably going to need like 1500-1600 kills to get it Gold, though. I barely got headshots with it before.

I don't have the MSMC unlocked yet so I haven't been able to test it. But the pdw didn't seem that much worse really. The recoil just seemed to make it less effective at longer ranges.

The tip I learned for headshots with the subs is throw a laser on and hipfire at the head (at an appropriate distance obviously). I was getting them pretty consistently that way.

I seriously want them to take Kill Confirmed out of the Hardcore playlist, i'm so sick and tired of playing it and then getting killed by every wanker who wants to steal my tags.

Happens far too often for my liking.

Don't even get me started on the grenade spam idiots either.

zeelman

I seriously want them to take Kill Confirmed out of the Hardcore playlist, i'm so sick and tired of playing it and then getting killed by every wanker who wants to steal my tags.

Happens far too often for my liking.

Don't even get me started on the grenade spam idiots either.

Yeah, Treyarch really needs to turn on Ricochet for HC. I get team killed all the time.

Ensoul

I cannot even play kill confirmed anymore. I simply cannot get the tags when I kill someone because either my teammates run and get them or I get lit up by an enemy when I get close to grabbing one.

eek5

I cannot even play kill confirmed anymore. I simply cannot get the tags when I kill someone because either my teammates run and get them or I get lit up by an enemy when I get close to grabbing one.
I just take everyones tags. Fuck it; I am probably the best player on the team anyway and I will pay them back with a vsat lol

Top Bottom