• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

CRS

Started playing cause of the free weekend and really enjoying the game. Not sure if it's because I've been playing CS for so long, but I'm doing really well.

Nori Chan

Speaking of Diamond. I hit prestige master 2 weeks ago and it feels so good to have everything unlocked and being able to pick up guns off the floor and have them count towards camos and challenges. Also the same with care packages.

Also my diamond list so far:
Smgs
Shotguns
Launchers
Specials
One bloodthirsty from snipers.

And about 3 ARs from diamond too lol

Pistols will be pretty hard. Have about 8 days on the game and I recently just got 100 headshots with my tac which was my most used pistol.

Got the new map pack for this weekend (didn't bother with the first, I was still happy playing vanilla). Really like the new levels and while I prefer Summit, Firing Range is still top tier too. Its really cool what they did with it too heh!

I love Black Ops 1 so much I couldn't resist getting a remade level for 2 (which I also love), if Treyarch just kept doing that they'd have my $$!

Hoping to finish off Prestige'ing this double exp weekend too. :D

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does prestige master happen automatically? I'm prestige 10, level 55 and I don't see an experience bar anymore, and fresh start is the only option under rewards.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Does prestige master happen automatically? I'm prestige 10, level 55 and I don't see an experience bar anymore, and fresh start is the only option under rewards.

I think you still need to get some XP even though the bar is gone, will happen automatically as far as I am aware, so just keep playing and it should appear.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think you still need to get some XP even though the bar is gone, will happen automatically as far as I am aware, so just keep playing and it should appear.

Thanks, I've never bothered to go beyond anymore than two prestige's previously.

6 months and yet I'm still getting killed by Lightning Strikes before the announcer calls them in. Also, the announcer still doesn't call out every UAV the enemy calls in.

Little shit like this that never gets addressed is why I have stopped giving a shit about Call of Duty. You can especially forget it with Treyarch now that Vonderhaar has developed his massive boner for eSports.

CRS

The Player's Card shows up on the left side of the screen and says the Scorestreak that gets activated. Both enemy and friendly.

im not going to lie

decided to try quickscoping for the first time and now im officially "that guy"

I don't fuck around with trick shots, but I've enjoyed sniping immensely since trying it out. I rush with my five seven silenced quite a bit though

Ran into an LSAT silenced with grip and target finder lol

Easily the most OP gun in the game, holy shit

Ensoul

6 months and yet I'm still getting killed by Lightning Strikes before the announcer calls them in. Also, the announcer still doesn't call out every UAV the enemy calls in.

Little shit like this that never gets addressed is why I have stopped giving a shit about Call of Duty. You can especially forget it with Treyarch now that Vonderhaar has developed his massive boner for eSports.

I have given up on trying to escape lightning strikes. I wish I was joking or exaggerating but I get killed by them 90% of time they are called in.

Marjorine

I especially enjoy getting killed by lightning strikes when I am inside. One gets called, I rush into a brick frigging building, and I die. I don't get why that happens. Isn't being inside supposed to protect you? Am I mistaken? Does it not matter?

What am I missing here? Sorry if it's a noob question.

Tamanon

Banned
I especially enjoy getting killed by lightning strikes when I am inside. One gets called, I rush into a brick frigging building, and I die. I don't get why that happens. Isn't being inside supposed to protect you? Am I mistaken? Does it not matter?

My guess is the strike actually hits outside and you're hit by the explosion which can go through doors/windows.

Or just lag.

Diamond camo is so much fun to do. I stopped caring about my K:D ratio and just had a blast learning the new weapons and trying to master them. Very cool stuff

Those free kills gotta come from somewhere.

Ensoul

I swear there is a small hole in every single building your enter that somehow allows the lighting strikes to seep in and kill you.

Unlock every camo in a weapon category.

Yup. Can be pretty time consuming as well. You need 100 head shots ( I believe it is 100) 20 double kills, 10 bloodthirstys, 30 revenges (for the sub machine guns) and 10 longshots (assault rifles) for each gun.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished diamond snipers. Yay

Working on ARs and lmgs

I will never get snipers, this is the first Call of Duty where I've even used them more than once or twice, and when I do use my DSR-50, I still get 70% of my kills each game with my Tac-45, or C4.

I've had a lot of fun sniping though.

Is high level CoD even a thing?

Watched a SnD match of vVv and Faze and the gameplay couldn't have been more standard. Pretty much "rush B derp" with MSMC's and M8s.

Wouldn't him liking esports be a good thing? Casuals don't care about the problems you described.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Zeros across the board. Still haven't touched zombie mode.

I've dabbled in it, but I don't enjoy it. The original zombie mode in WaW was simple, straightforward, and lots of fun. The newer iterations have gotten more and more complicated, and I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing (apart from killing zombies) in the most recent iterations. I downloaded the Uprising pack for PS3 last night and tried Mob of the Dead. At the end of the game it shows stuff you're supposed to collect, but I don't know where or why. I might have to fire up WaW zombie mode this weekend just for old times' sake.

Speaking of the Uprising pack, I have only played Studio and Magma, but I like them a lot and they're both better than anything from the Revolution pack.

Marjorine

I like zombie mode OK, but all my friends have moved on from CoD, so I mostly play alone, and I haven't had luck getting on good teams.

Is anyone else creeped out by the voice in Hydro that announces the water flood thing? It is like all kinds of creepy and disturbing.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone else having some shitty lag issues today, it keeps happening randomly in games seemingly for no reason, everyones connections just keeps going down to one bar. I thought maybe it was just me, but it is happening to my friend too and a number of other people in a match.

Ended up just turning it off, was completely ruining every match we went into.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've dabbled in it, but I don't enjoy it. The original zombie mode in WaW was simple, straightforward, and lots of fun. The newer iterations have gotten more and more complicated, and I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing (apart from killing zombies) in the most recent iterations. I downloaded the Uprising pack for PS3 last night and tried Mob of the Dead. At the end of the game it shows stuff you're supposed to collect, but I don't know where or why. I might have to fire up WaW zombie mode this weekend just for old times' sake.

After breaking level 50(or being drug past it) in the Theatre level on Black Ops I've had absolutely no desire to play any zombie mode again.

Speaking of the Uprising pack, I have only played Studio and Magma, but I like them a lot and they're both better than anything from the Revolution pack.

I really like all the maps so far.

I just wish I could get a connection where the enemy actually has to be able to see me to kill me. Nothing like turning to see bullets coming from nowhere and the guy who killed you not even coming around the corner until the end of your death animation. I'd also like to find out how to turn off the hardcore setting I seem to be running on so I can take the same 7 or 8 hit markers it apparently takes to get a kill instead of the 1 shot I take.

I see all the patch notes from the last 3 months that I was too lazy to read said nothing about fixing connections.

I get matched up with the dumbest players ever. I can't understand how people have been playing COD for this long still don't know wtf to do. It seems like all the bad players play in the afternoon because I get matched up with the most dreadful teams.

I feel the exact same way. I enjoyed it before cause it was straightforward. In this game, me and my buddy were so lost, i had no clue what t do, so we just we back into MP instead.

Top Bottom