• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

omonimo

Banned
Believe me i wish you were right, but the B3D is a fair representation (apart from the HUD placement). Just look at the palm in the background, it's the SAME.

I'm not talking of incredible difference, of course, but I would bet with a decent capture, your shot should be better, I have noticed in some edge.

As someone getting it on PS3 just like he got mw2/3/blops, is anyone surprised it looks worse? That was always expected to be the case. It's the performance people were worried about. At least that's what I thought.

fuenf

As someone getting it on PS3 just like he got mw2/3/blops, is anyone surprised it looks worse? That was always expected to be the case. It's the performance people were worried about. At least that's what I thought.

tbh i'm surprised it's as good as it is. especially compared with BLOPS.

Hanmik

but mw1-2-3 ran fine on ps3.. maybe the X360 versions looked better, but for a person that only owns a ps3, that doesn´t matter .. but Blops ran like shit on ps3.. the netcode was bad, the framerate was terrible.. I just want to know if the ps3 version of blops 2 is better than blops 1..?

fuenf

but mw1-2-3 ran fine on ps3.. maybe the X360 versions looked better, but for a person that only owns a ps3, that doesn´t matter .. but Blops ran like shit on ps3.. the netcode was bad, the framerate was terrible.. I just want to know if the ps3 version of blops 2 is better than blops 1..?

a hundred times yes.

tbh i'm surprised it's as good as it is. especially compared with BLOPS.
lol I'd say the same

I don't think it ran like shit (at least not in my experience) but it definitely ran with issues. And that's what I'm saying. Who cares about the visuals, the performance is what matters. And people say it's better so far.

lol I'd say the same

I don't think it ran like shit (at least not in my experience) but it definitely ran with issues. And that's what I'm saying. Who cares about the visuals, the performance is what matters. And people say it's better so far.

Did you get the PS3 version at launch? That was when it was worse...a few patches fixed a lot of the issues.

Did you get the PS3 version at launch? That was when it was worse...a few patches fixed a lot of the issues.
I can't remember. I usually get them all at launch. It had issues for sure but I can't say it's stuff I personally noticed so much to the point where I'd say it ran like shit and was terrible/unplayable like some make it out to be.

I'm not terribly sensitive to this stuff though, unless it's just in your face bad.

Hanmik

I can't remember. I usually get them all at launch. It had issues for sure but I can't say it's stuff I personally noticed so much to the point where I'd say it ran like shit and was terrible/unplayable like some make it out to be.

I'm not terribly sensitive to this stuff though, unless it's just in your face bad.

blops is the first COD game I sold.. I didn´t even make it to 1st. prestige.. The lag and Framerate problems pissed me so much off.. I bought it day one.. I liked SP, that was technically fine on PS3, but the multiplayer had some serious poblems..

blops is the first COD game I sold.. I didn´t even make it to 1st. prestige.. The lag and Framerate problems pissed me so much off.. I bought it day one.. I liked SP, that was technically fine on PS3, but the multiplayer had some serious poblems..

Same here. Don't forget the disconnects for 95% of all games played lol...what a terrible release that was on PS3.

TEH-CJ

Banned
STAY AWAY FROM THE PS3 VERSION PEOPLE!

I have finished the 360 version. and just played several levels of the ps3 version. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!

Blurry SUB HD. frame rate stutter. and downgraded alpha effects from the 360 version.

holy cow its blurry as shit!!!

360 is way superior. its not even close.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Same here. Don't forget the disconnects for 95% of all games played lol...what a terrible release that was on PS3.

THIS also the fact that on PS3 I could never get two PS3's in one house to connect to the same game without all kinds of work arounds and than still had issues.

That and the Nasty stutter on that engine on PS3 has me buying the 360 and Wii U version day 1... PS3 has been disappointing for the most party with third party games...

STAY AWAY FROM THE PS3 VERSION PEOPLE!

I have finished the 360 version. and just played several levels of the ps3 version. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!

Blurry SUB HD. frame rate stutter. and downgraded alpha effects from the 360 version.

holy cow its blurry as shit!!!

360 is way superior. its not even close.

Why did you buy 2 versions of the same game?

wow it looks so low res.

lol judging the IQ from a highly compressed stream

JB1981

Because internet video streaming is exactly indicative of how it looks on your HDTV.

smart thinking/10

the stream is 720p and pretty good quality. you can very easily tell from the stream that the image quality is blurred to hell. the texture work is garbage.

cant both be true? Massive improvement compared with BLOPS1, still worse than the 360? I dont see any contradictions?
an improvement over blops doesn't warrant the caps lock filled response of that dude.

Trust me. stay away from the ps3 version!

do you guys remember the latest soldier of fortune on pc? well it looks worse than that.

the wii u and 360 version look pretty nice.
I'm not staying away because I played blops on it just fine, lol.

Effect

Asked before but don't think there was an answer. In Zombies is there more variety in how you can win rounds? Or do you just end up using the same tactic as in BO1 where you just run around until you group them together and kill them that way?

Jack_AG

Banned
the stream is 720p and pretty good quality. you can very easily tell from the stream that the image quality is blurred to hell. the texture work is garbage.

Yep. Internet streams are the way to go bro!

I'm not saying the PS3 version isn't worse - I'm just LOLing because you think a video stream looks good enough to gauge the quality of any visual aspect of a video game.

Hanmik

I get games for free. I don't buy them.

OMG the ps3 version is terrible!!

btw the wii u version looks twice as good as the 360 version.

lol... you are trying to hard.. Wii-U version twice as good.. lol

so by your metric it is..

Blops on PS3: <½
Blops on X360: 1
Blops on Wii-U: 2

TEH-CJ

Banned
This is unplayable. im not even being melodramatic here. its that fucking bad!

it looks like a xbox 1 launch title with added specular mapping.

disgusting effort. should be ashamed treyarch.

kwin-cun-ksdasdfdashbfasdjfnbfknen.

It's Scandinavian for your mother is a whore.

True story: The quincunx method of anti-aliasing was derived from beating a prostitute to death to the rhythm of some obscure math rock track. The Gods were displeased with this sacrifice and gave the entire Nvidia team glaucoma. This is their tainted gift to anti-aliasing solutions.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Sorry but that's the only impression I've read on all the internet that says the PS3 version looks worse than black ops1.

Only improvement I can see is it runs close to 60fps but it stutters at the most random times, its bizzare!

but everything else is xbox 1 quality. its unplayable, there is no way I could finish the ps3 version in this state. its too bad.

Top Bottom