• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I knew the PS3 was going to be shit. But i only have a PS3 so.........

You guys think it's worth it to grab a 360 for cheap on black friday just for this game? Those comparison screenshots are night and day. It's not fucking fair PS3 owners have to put up with this shit. We're paying $60 like everyone else so give us a quality game you dumb assess.

The fuck man.

FStop7

Banned
Spent all day yesterday playing MW3 multi to get hyped or BLOPS 2. What's weird is that I originally hated MW3 multi. But coming back to it a year later it felt a lot better than what I remembered. Now I am sufficiently hyped.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ut4NR.jpg

this is on my ISF calibrated panasonic gt30...

its disgusting!

I warned you guys.

omonimo

Banned
Ok end of the 2nd level. game was running at 5fps and crashed my ps3. Holy shit.

just trust me people. please dont waste your money on this rubbish!

360 version is fine. but the ps3 version is a disaster. 5 FPS for christ sakes!

Out of my curiosity why do you have buyed the ps3 version? Just to compare & screw it with the 360 counterpart? :/ It seems so.

Jack_AG

Banned

No, guy.

We want to see all 3 boxes in the same pic. You claimed you saw all 3 versions so we want to see all 3 boxes - besides - I can't tell which system that box is for.

Show us you've played all 3 versions by displaying all 3 boxes in the same pic. WiiU, 360, PS3

I'm quite sure the IQ won't be as good on the PS3 but your other claims are ridiculous.

Kerub

Banned
Ok end of the 2nd level. game was running at 5fps and crashed my ps3. Holy shit.

just trust me people. please dont waste your money on this rubbish!

360 version is fine. but the ps3 version is a disaster. 5 FPS for christ sakes!

For real? I hope it gets a day one patch to fix that then.

Jack_AG

Banned
I warned you guys.

And what about the people that only have a PS3? What about the people who have both but prefer not to sit behind a paywall for online so they just roll PS3?

IQ is one thing - but you're saying the game runs at 60 one second - then you say it runs at 5 the next and it crashes your PS3.

I find that rather hard to believe.

Kerub

Banned
I knew the PS3 was going to be shit. But i only have a PS3 so.........

You guys think it's worth it to grab a 360 for cheap on black friday just for this game? Those comparison screenshots are night and day. It's not fucking fair PS3 owners have to put up with this shit. We're paying $60 like everyone else so give us a quality game you dumb assess.

The fuck man.

Not just for BLOPS 2, especially if it's only low resolution on PS3. If you find some other 360 games that you want to play then go for it.

TEH-CJ

Banned
No, guy.

We want to see all 3 boxes in the same pic. You claimed you saw all 3 versions so we want to see all 3 boxes - besides - I can't tell which system that box is for.

Show us you've played all 3 versions by displaying all 3 boxes in the same pic. WiiU, 360, PS3

I'm quite sure the IQ won't be as good on the PS3 but your other claims are ridiculous.

Oh my god!

Im telling you the ps3 version is terrible. it runs at 60fps for the most part, but it stutters at the most random times, and when it does stutter it runs at about 5 to 10 fps. its all over the place.

Yup framerate is good on ps3! Only difference i noticed immediately is that it is somewhat blurrier then 360.

Edit: i've read some other posts and i am talking MP.

omonimo

Banned
Ut4NR.jpg

this is on my ISF calibrated panasonic gt30...

its disgusting!

I warned you guys.

It seems 540p (like Alan wake) but the AA seems work even better of the 360 solution (post AA probably). But of course IQ isn't it the strongest feature on ps3. About the fps you are the first who claims 5 fps... I can't go more further.

Hixx

Surprised anyone's using them. At long range or is it those poncey fucks doing close range wank?

Mostly close ranged - I just came off a game on Raid which is a very small map and had 3 snipers on the opposing team. Luckily it was Kill Confirmed and none of the fuckers went after the tags (one finished with 30 kills, 6 confirms...) But on some domination maps there's fantastic spots for overlooking B and it can make games tedious as fuck. I can respect a good sniper but personally it can make games a bit boring and frustrating.

[MLG] clan tags or MAD SNiPAZ etc gamertags.

SP or MP? Both?

MP, got bored of SP after the 4th or so mission.

BearPawB

Banned
Aside from looking a bit lower-rez than the 360 version - it looks like it plays fine - I'm not seeing "5fps for christ sake!" like those wild claims whats-his-face is making.

he said specifically it happened at the end of chapter 2, not that the entire game was 5fps

PandaL

Oh my god!

Im telling you the ps3 version is terrible. it runs at 60fps for the most part, but it stutters at the most random times, and when it does stutter it runs at about 5 to 10 fps. its all over the place.

Dude, are you a MS rep or something ?

Why do you keep complaining about the PS3 version ?

FYI 99% of the PS3 gamers in this thread are worried about the performance in the MP. Issues in campaign is not a big problem IMHO since only a few will play the campaign more than a couple times.

PS : I'm a PS3 gamer.

Jack_AG

Banned
he said specifically it happened at the end of chapter 2, not that the entire game was 5fps

He also said he completed several chapters before he completed chapter 2 herp derp.

Oh my god!

No. You said you saw all 3 so I want to see all 3 game boxes in front of you with disks out - WHICH YOU ARE NOT PROVIDING. You also said you have played both the 360 version and PS3 versions.

STAY AWAY FROM THE PS3 VERSION PEOPLE!

I have finished the 360 version. and just played several levels of the ps3 version. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!

Then you say the WiiU version looks twice as good as the 360 version.

btw the wii u version looks twice as good as the 360 version.

But here's a lapse in your timeline:

just played several levels of the ps3 version. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!

Which you stated before you said:

So which happened first? Did you complete several levels BEFORE you finished the 2nd level?

Again - where's all 3 game boxes in the same pic? You said you saw the WiiU version and you beat the 360 version and now playing the PS3 version so I'd like pics.

rCIZZLE

STAY AWAY FROM THE PS3 VERSION PEOPLE!

I have finished the 360 version. and just played several levels of the ps3 version. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!

Blurry SUB HD. frame rate stutter. and downgraded alpha effects from the 360 version.

holy cow its blurry as shit!!!

360 is way superior. its not even close.

Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? (assuming this isn't a lame fanboy outburst)

Shady859

Pumped for tonight, it's raining like mad though and supposed to be below freezing tonight. Oh joy!!!

Anyone is the US know about any Best Buy swag? I got a Hardened at GameStop but last year had like 400-500 people there.. I going to Best Buy and getting our other copy there at midnight. Will swing past GS if the line has died out on way home, had about 25 people at BB for Halo.. :)

Instead of being in denial PS3 gamers should see for themselves if they can still enjoy the game with the ocassional framerate hit and lower IQ. I'm sure MP will still be a lot of fun. I've played the Wii versions of CoD which are like 15 fps and look like shit but I still enjoy playing multiplayer a lot.

Jesus Christ some of you people are demanding way too much burden of proof from TEH-CJ regarding graphical differences between the two versions. Just wait for the Digital Foundry face off for the last word.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Wow guys really?

tried to warn you people. was trying to save you guys money, and I cop this shit?

im out of here. Last time I help GAF.

Top Bottom