• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Desaan

I've found some definitive proof of the graphical comparisons for you guys to check out:

X360:
iraq_soldiers_prisoner.jpg

PS3:
0.jpg

The 360 version has superior model quality but check out that PS3 foliage!

I swear to god the same debate happens every COD release and then we wait for the digital foundry comparisons and find out that the 360 has a higher looking texture quality due to better AA and lighting and that's about it and in the end, nobody gives a fuck.

Xater

From a gameplay perspective from all the streams? No. It's just slightly blurrier than the 360 version. Fairly typical for 360/PS3 multiplats.

What an understatement.

Wasnt MW3 just fine on PS3??

MW3 was fine, but still slightly inferior. Not in a relevant way though. I don't get why the tech teams at those two studios don't collaborate. Treyarch apparently can#t handle the PS3 at all.

Jack_AG

Banned
You...cant be serious?

UZW6y.jpg

youtube? are you fucking serious??

do you want me to film my self playing it??

Cool. So you finally showed another half of a box. Cookie? Where's the 360 and WiiU versions you claim you beat and saw?

That still says nothing about the FPS claims you are making. We all know about the IQ not being up to snuff on PS3 and that's fine - you are saying the game runs like ass - which nobody has seen yet in all the streams, videos and previews we've been watching. If it was an issue - believe me we would have seen it by now.

You are still talking out of your ass. Other people here have the PS3 version and have no issues - but only YOU do - and only you can see them.

Get it yet?

Lulubop

I've found some definitive proof of the graphical comparisons for you guys to check out:

X360:

PS3:

The 360 version has superior model quality but check out that PS3 foliage!

I swear to god the same debate happens every COD release and then we wait for the digital foundry comparisons and find out that the 360 has a higher looking texture quality due to better AA and lighting and that's about it and in the end, nobody gives a fuck.

Yep, nothing wrong with PS3 Black Ops. Right.

Deadbeat

Banned
Is this another situation where the ps3 version is inferior but people are going to defend/say they prefer the "more cinematic experience"? Because it seems were are going that way in this thread. Again. Dont defend it. Criticize it. Be like the skyrim owners who called out the bullshit. The longer you say nothing is wrong, the longer it will be till it is addressed (if ever).

Jack_AG

Banned
Everyone who is accusing people of trolling are coming off as the most butthurt individuals....

Read his posts. He did everything he could to NOT help and is making claims nobody else with the PS3 version can uphold.

Unless he has a magical version that continuously breaks or a set of magic eyes - nobody has his issues BUT HIM.

The parity isn't there with IQ but we know that. Not news. His other claims can't be verified if he's the only one with them.

ruxtpin

Banned
TEH_CJ - I'd actually prefer it if you'd get a friend to film yourself exchanging all the games at the store for new copies (just tell the clerks they're defective). I want live unboxing videos, peeling off the cellophane, and I want to see you put all 3 discs in each system (ie I want to see you put the 360 game in a PS3, and I want to see the error message so I can be sure you're not duping us).

Wasnt MW3 just fine on PS3??

MW3 was the closest the PS3 and 360 versions have been with one another. Overall both were good, and the key is both sported the SAME resolution - 1024x600. Keep in mind Infinity Ward (what was left of them) developed MW3, while Treyarch did both version of Black Ops. The first black ops on PS3 ran like absolute shit and sported a lowered resolution of 960x540 vs the 360 version's 1024x600.

If the blurry ass pictures are legitimate, Treyarch is still treating the PS3 version of Black Ops 2 like absolute shit.

shinnn

Is this another situation where the ps3 version is inferior but people are going to defend/say they prefer the "more cinematic experience"? Because it seems were are going that way in this thread. Again.

i'm still curious to know how many people bought the PS3 version of Skyrim based on gaf early impressions.

edit: gamespot just switched to X360.. looks like another game lol.

Radec

TEH_CJ - I'd actually prefer it if you'd get a friend to film yourself exchanging all the games at the store for new copies (just tell the clerks they're defective). I want live unboxing videos, peeling off the cellophane, and I want to see you put all 3 discs in each system (ie I want to see you put the 360 game in a PS3, and I want to see the error message so I can be sure you're not duping us).

:lol

it's like clockwork. Performance is what matters. People say MP performance is better on the ps3 than in black ops? Mission successful.

I'm dying

BearPawB

Banned
Read his posts. He did everything he could to NOT help and is making claims nobody else with the PS3 version can uphold.

Unless he has a magical version that continuously breaks or a set of magic eyes - nobody has his issues BUT HIM.

The parity isn't there with IQ but we know that. Not news. His other claims can't be verified if he's the only one with them.

It's cool if you don't believe him, I get that. You probably shouldn't. But your retaliatory comments were just as ridiculous. If he ends up being right, you'll look silly. If it is just a troll, you still look silly because you fell into his trap.

Either way it shouldn't work you up

Shadybiz

Is this another situation where the ps3 version is inferior but people are going to defend/say they prefer the "more cinematic experience"? Because it seems were are going that way in this thread. Again. Dont defend it. Criticize it. Be like the skyrim owners who called out the bullshit. The longer you say nothing is wrong, the longer it will be till it is addressed (if ever).

You certainly have a point, and it does look like that's the way it's going.

That said, I'll be getting the PS3 version. I have a 360, and a pc that could most likely run it pretty well. But, my friends on on PS3, so I've gotta go with that. Fun with friends > worrying about a few graphical issues.

grate

Like every year, the day before a COD comes out I'm seriously tempted into getting it.

wat do i do

Welcome back sonicboss, you know you must purchase the ps3 360 and pc versions of blops 2 and post inconsistent timelines and mostly juts purchase the pc version so we can be friends on steam and play together and hit prestige 11.

Jack_AG

Banned

Nobody is defending the PS3 version looking like a hot blurry mess. Nobody.

What people are going on about (myself, included) is the playability/fps/gameplay. Nobody with the PS3 version seems to have issues but ONE GUY who claims the game hits 5ps and crashes his PS3.

Not saying it can't happen - but if you read the guy's posts - it sounds like an extreme exaggeration if you consider the PS3 streams, videos and impressions we're getting the past few days.

He's not the norm, he's the odd-man-out and the ONLY odd-man at that. He is vehemently beating on the PS3 version for things only he can see, apparently.

There is a difference between a defense force and calling out someone else's bullshit.

Tarps

Activision has been selling us the same engine for years now, BLOPS vs BLOPS 2 is unlikely to be a giant leap in performance across platforms.

Let's just hope the £50 map pack delivers where it matters i.e. Balance + Gameplay

Malvingt2

for the record, I don't believe TEH_CJ was trolling. When we are in situation like this, we have to go step by step. PS3 version first which he claimed is not good compared to other two. 360 next or Wii U for us to compare. Not everything in one shoot like we are the boss of him or something..

ruxtpin

Banned
Like every year, the day before a COD comes out I'm seriously tempted into getting it.

wat do i do

I say the same thing to myself each year, and you know what I do? I go out and buy the game.

I'm OK with that! I know what I'm getting. It's like 'gaming' comfort-food for me. =)

Nizz

I've been seeing posts about the PS3 version being bad again, is it really true? If so then what the hell Treyarch?

Jack_AG

Banned
It's cool if you don't believe him, I get that. You probably shouldn't. But your retaliatory comments were just as ridiculous. If he ends up being right, you'll look silly. If it is just a troll, you still look silly because you fell into his trap.

Either way it shouldn't work you up

I point out factual evidence from the pictures he provides and inconsistencies in his own story.

If I made it up - yes - I would be silly. But it's HIS pictures and HIS story - not mine.

Then you have to consider everyone else's impressions and when he is the only one with the issue - something just might not be right.

Xater

I point out factual evidence from the pictures he provides and inconsistencies in his own story.

If I made it up - yes - I would be silly. But it's HIS pictures and HIS story - not mine.

Then you have to consider everyone else's impressions and when he is the only one with the issue - something just might not be right.

Subjectivity.

There are people out there who think AC§ runs fine and I think it runs like dog shit if you are in a city.

Damn dude you are getting way too defensive over this. Take a few deep breaths and let it go. Everyone will find out for themselves in a short while.

rCIZZLE

Wow.

TEH-CJ Redeemed? I think so.

TEH-CJ was making it sound like BLOPS 2 is unplayable on ps3 and might even break it, lol. Maybe I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to graphics and performance but my cod experience hasn't changed at all even though I've owned copies on both systems.

sgossard

Damn dude you are getting way too defensive over this. Take a few deep breaths and let it go. Everyone will find out for themselves in a short while.

At first I thought he was feeding the troll, now I think he's trolling the troll. Anyway...

Is it a fact that Steam unlocks at 3am?

Top Bottom