• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Nizz

The difference between all treyarch versions have always been the 360 version was sharper and had less muddier visuals. It's been like that for the last 2 and it'll be the same for this one. The engine they're using just aint working as well on both. The Infinity Ward engine is a bit better but suffers from a lot of the same. A bit muddier/washed out on PS3.

Once again, I don't think visuals were ever a concern. It was always expected. It's the fps during online play which matters most.
And there's no solid news on that yet, right? I mean, as long as the framerate is good...

Hixx

Has it been confirmed that BO2 will have a mercenary playlist?

After having tons of friends play COD over the years they have all moved on to other games so I sure hope they still have the mercenary playlist. Makes playing with randoms at least fair.

Yes, Mercenary Moshpit.

However, every time I've been on it's been empty. 23k players on this morning, ZERO in that playlist.

I don't get this. I just put on black ops 1 on PS3 and it doesn't look as blurry as those black ops 2 pics. The HUD is sharp too. I saved those pics on my PS3 to view them on my TV and going by the pics BO2 looks worse than BO. So whats going on?

Gav47

Lttp on this one but how does TXAA look bad? I thought it was nvidia's wunderkid that would give 8xMSAA IQ but at a much lower performance cost, what happened?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lttp on this one but how does TXAA look bad? I thought it was nvidia's wunderkid that would give 8xMSAA IQ but at a much lower performance cost, what happened?
It's blurry, and they're unrepentant about it. But it's probably fine with post sharpening. It's designed to reduce shimmering and other motion artifacts.

Nabs

Nvidia just released new beta drivers with better TXAA support. Maybe it'll look better.

Shady859

Here.. put the images next to eachother. Make sure to click the link for full size to really see the difference.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

bo2small.png

Not a fair comparison, it's a different person. Notice his gloves and jacket etc etc..

:)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Nah, it's their attempt to give an AA option similar to what CG films use. It was never intended to replace MSAA.

Appreciate the confirmation... that is odd as far as population. Should be ok when a few more buy it I hope.

Yeah a lot of playlists were dead during pre-release. The only ones that you could play were TDM, DOM, and HQ for the most part. Other game modes had approximately 1 or 2 lobbies at all time and you'd never find a match. You couldn't play League Play either and for zombies, TranZit was about the only thing that you could play. Occasionally during peak times, grief would be playable on town, but town only.

njean777

Have we gotten a time frame for the SP length yet? I usually always finish SP the day of release before getting addicted to MP.

Has anyone seen any gameplay footage of the zombies mode? Or has it been kept secret.

Here is part 1 of a game somebody played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdcYc3OHYc

Have we gotten a time frame for the SP length yet? I usually always finish SP the day of release before getting addicted to MP.

Not sure about length, but the campaign missions definitely feel longer and they have the strike force missions on top of that. In the end though, theres only 11 regular campaign missions that are prob like 30-40 mins each. (On Veteran) So i guess it's around 5-6 hours.

Gibbo

For Asian Steam users- I think Black Ops is out. It is 13 November 2am in Singapore and looks like my preload (which I downloaded 2 days ago) is unpacking

This has to do with Treyarch only. Infinity Ward always manages to put out a high quality PS3 port. They even managed to do this with MW3, and that was with a gutted team as many of the major staffers left with Vince and Jason.

Even with Modern Warfare 2, there has been graphical differences. PS3 version always looked washed out with IW engine.

Gav47

Thanks for the replies, we'll at least it has native MSAA support. I have to say I'm rather impressed with Treyarch's commitment to the PC version, I guess they really want to go toe to toe with Battlefield 3.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i wonder if by nextgen ps4 will get blurrier ports again? would be pretty funny even tho im going towards doing ps4 only for the first two years.

i wonder if by nextgen ps4 will get blurrier ports again? would be pretty funny even tho im going towards doing ps4 only for the first two years.
it won't. There's a reason PS4 likely won't have BC with PS3. Completely different architecture. PS4 and 720 will basically be the same in that respect. Absolute direct ports. PS3 switching to more PC-like architecture like 360 is now I believe.

LkPr

finally put the Pre-order down at BestBuy. Won't be going to the midnight release but looking forward to playing tomorrow night!

PSN ID: LkPr

Top Bottom