• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Nori Chan

So boot camp is a level 10 and under playlist that will help you get familiar with this game and so far it seems smg dominant from what I heard.

also it's hipfire friendly :/ I hate people who hipfire and get rewarded for holding down the trigger

So boot camp is a level 10 and under playlist that will help you get familiar with this game and so far it seems smg dominant from what I heard.

also it's hipfire friendly :/ I hate people who hipfire and get rewarded for holding down the trigger

so u can rank up to a level 10 in boot camp and it will carry over to regular MP?

Krabboss

Are you implying using iron sights involves any sort of skill?

Well, it's sharpness is definitely better but what exactly is so better? I'm unable to catch with my eyes.

The difference in sharpness is what makes the 360 version look so much better. With the level of blurring going on in the PS3, you lose a bunch of detail.

The difference between all treyarch versions have always been the 360 version was sharper and had less muddier visuals. It's been like that for the last 2 and it'll be the same for this one. The engine they're using just aint working as well on both. The Infinity Ward engine is a bit better but suffers from a lot of the same. A bit muddier/washed out on PS3.

Once again, I don't think visuals were ever a concern. It was always expected. It's the fps during online play which matters most.

U2NUMB

Here.. put the images next to eachother. Make sure to click the link for full size to really see the difference.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

bo2small.png

Jack_AG

Banned
Damn dude you are getting way too defensive over this. Take a few deep breaths and let it go. Everyone will find out for themselves in a short while.

How am I getting defensive? By saying he is the only one that experiences these issues? Did you even read his posts? Did you even read mine? It's not my game. I'm just curious as to how one person can have such a drastically different experience from everyone else. Dude says it's nigh unplayable at times which nobody else has experienced.

At first I thought he was feeding the troll, now I think he's trolling the troll.

Really? Then it's good to know that when a GAFfer points out inconsistencies in another GAFfer's story - the aforementioned GAFfer is now a troll.

Got it.

neogaf.com

Well, it's sharpness is definitely better but what exactly is so better? I'm unable to catch with my eyes.

More sharper. More refined picture overall. I wouldn't be surprised if MS paid Activision to do this intentionally. PS3 is more than capable of matching if not exceeding 360's graphical capabilities. This is very depressing to see.

If it's this much noticeable through a highly compressed stream, I don't want to see what the real difference is like between the 2 versions.

so u can rank up to a level 10 in boot camp and it will carry over to regular MP?

You get no xp in boot camp and only half xp after you graduate and play the other combat training game mode.

It's dumb that it's called combat training too cause every time i played it, it was 6 v 6 with humans.

omonimo

Banned
The difference between all treyarch versions have always been the 360 version was sharper and had less muddier visuals. It's been like that for the last 2 and it'll be the same for this one. The engine they're using just aint working as well on both. The Infinity Ward engine is a bit better but suffers from a lot of the same. A bit muddier/washed out on PS3.

Once again, I don't think visuals were ever a concern. It was always expected. It's the fps during online play which matters most.

Absolutely no. Infinity Ward engine works a lot better on ps3 IQ, rez is the same, just the fps is more steady on 360, but in MW3 the difference are really marginally on both console. Whether a proper capture give the same impact on the ps3 of this screen, well, it's one of the worst subhd game I have seen in my life on ps3.

You get no xp in boot camp and only half xp after you graduate and play the other combat training game mode.

It's dumb that it's called combat training too cause every time i played it, it was 6 v 6 with humans.

oh ok, i thought i read something a while back about combat training carrying to a certain level this time

legacyzero

Banned
Frighteningly, no. One of the other guys commentating was asking if you could roll because he liked doing that in DayZ.

Simple pleasures for simple minds I guess.
oh my god LOL
More sharper. More refined picture overall. I wouldn't be surprised if MS paid Activision to do this intentionally. PS3 is more than capable of matching if not exceeding 360's graphical capabilities. This is very depressing to see.

If it's this much noticeable through a highly compressed stream, I don't want to see what the real difference is like between the 2 versions.
EvilKotick.jpg

Absolutely no. Infinity Ward engine works a lot better on ps3 IQ, rez is the same, just the fps is more steady on 360, but in MW3 the difference are really marginally on both console. Whether a proper capture give the same impact on the ps3 of this screen well, it's one of the worst subhd game I have seen in my life on ps3.
I've noticed the same issues on both, only it's less pronounced on the IW engine. Either way, it's like clockwork. It was never going to change. The engines are basically set in stone. I always thought it was performance people were most concerned about.

I played world at war and black ops on ps3 and my eyes never bled and I never thought I was looking at a last gen game. This actually looks a bit better.

And yes I've played on 360 as well.

Malvingt2

wut lol.. I would be..

omonimo

Banned
I've noticed the same issues on both, only it's less pronounced on the IW engine. Either way, it's like clockwork. It was never going to change. The engines are basically set in stone. I always thought it was performance people were most concerned about.

Honestly, not seems so in the DF face-off. ps3 is brighter, but definitely not more murkier.

Krabboss

Ok now I can see if the difference with that larger ticket.....I don't care....anything looks good on my 240HZ LED.

Shit will still look like shit, no matter the refresh rate. Not to say the PS3 version looks that bad, but there's no saving the loss of detail from the weird blurring issues.

shinnn

I'm not seeing much of a difference here. Judging either version with a stream is just obnoxious. One of the problems here are their terrible stream settings. Neither the ps3 version or the 360 version looked better or worse.
Maybe it is the map. The PS3 was bland as hell, horrendous blocky shadows. But they were playing in another map.

ohlawd

lol wut

There's no merit in making the PS3 version of the game "prettier" than the 360 ver. It'd just be a waste of time.

U2NUMB

Has it been confirmed that BO2 will have a mercenary playlist?

After having tons of friends play COD over the years they have all moved on to other games so I sure hope they still have the mercenary playlist. Makes playing with randoms at least fair.

ohlawd

Has it been confirmed that BO2 will have a mercenary playlist?

After having tons of friends play COD over the years they have all moved on to other games so I sure hope they still have the mercenary playlist. Makes playing with randoms at least fair.

dayum I'd like to know the answer to this.

A Mercernary Domination playlist would be great for guys like me.

I wouldn't be surprised if MS paid Activision to do this intentionally. PS3 is more than capable of matching if not exceeding 360's graphical capabilities.

This has to do with Treyarch only. Infinity Ward always manages to put out a high quality PS3 port. They even managed to do this with MW3, and that was with a gutted team as many of the major staffers left with Vince and Jason.

.nimrod

Did people get banned in the past for unlocking one of the COD games a couple of hours early through a vpn?
I could get through the whole SP until it unlocks here...

The_Monk

Yay!

5JjwGl.png

If the game really arrives at Thursday I will be, again, very pleased with Amazon.uk, amazing fast international service. If not, then let it be here on Friday since I have free time on this weekend.

Also, I hope we can have some time in this thread without the obvious troll GAFfer, finally...

Seriously. PS3/360/PC comparisons thread elsewhere, it's clogging this thread up with terrible terrible shit.

This, please. Thank you.

Top Bottom