• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Well the thread convinced me, I just went and preordered it up. Will be playing in early mornings CST on 360. Nismogrendel is tag if any other morning gamers want to add me. I mostly like the domination/HQ type modes.

Is hardcore mode available for all game types? I heard they made a few changes from Blops, do they work well (i.e. no 1 shot kill to the foot, noob tubes)? I was an exclusive hardcore hq player and stopped playing blops after they took it out

There is no hardcore HQ. This sucks because HQ in core is the most messed up game version in the series.

If you use a less powerful gun, then one shot to the foot will not kill. The single fire, or 3/4 shot burst guns will kill instantly. (although from what I have seen, most are running around with SMG's and hip firing. Oohhhhhhhh you guys are going to love the quick scopers who shoot you 3 seconds after you spawn. Love it!!!!!!

Makoto

Really disappointed that League Play are their own playlists, particularly on PC. With so many alternative playlists, I feel like it will be all too easy for the majority of players to ignore League.

GlamFM

Banned
Played it for around 6 hours over the weekend (SP&MP) and I am kind of surprised how "strange" it looks.

It´s very clean and looks like plastic at times, lots of pop in too.

Will put in Blops 1 later to see how it compares.

So far not a fan. But I usually always need a couple of hours before I really get into a new COD.

EDIT: I should also say I´m playing on 360 and have not installed the game yet.

Thank you for letting us know. :)

Sorry, I just saw this thread and was kinda surprised I had forgotten that a CoD game was coming out soon. I have gotten every single CoD game up to MW3, so I was a pretty big fan. But seriously Halo 4 has just been awesome so I completely forgot about it.

I will probably end up at least renting Blops 2 though.

iNvid02

15 mins in and i've already seen some pretty fucked up shit

has fov adjustment, txaa, fxaa, msaa, csaa, hard of hearing support

untitled1tiq4l.jpg

Gibbo

So I spent the last 25 mins on the SP for the PC version. It is pretty late here so I'm done for the day. Some brief impressions

-The game runs like a charm on my HD 7870 (12.11 Catalyst Drivers). Constant 60fps on everything max.
-Textures seem pretty disappointing. The cutscene videos look really blurry- it is quite jarring when comparing it to the clean look of the in-game sections
-Gameplay so far reminds me of the old medal of honor and the Pre COD4 games for some reason. That is a good thing i think
-Gun Sounds/ explosions seems to lack oomph. Playing through my HD 650s headphones and via the JVC Victor unit

zlatko

Banned
I really do want to pick up this game tomorrow, but I am hesitant since I am enjoying H4 so much right now that it might be a waste if all my time goes to Halo 4 still.

He's playing on Steam. Quiffscoping with abandon. Most shots are no where near the target, either, and still he gets the kills.

That's why some people love sniping and shotguns. One hit kill and sometimes you don't even have to put your reticule on the target. smh

Top Bottom