• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

ca307_1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

I think that video just changed my mind I mean what the hell is that shit. I didn't get Blops so I wasn't aware Treyarch had issues with hit detection.

Gumbie

I couldn't tell but if that footage is from theater mode it's not unusual to see the shots out of sync and making it look like he's missing people.

Makoto

I couldn't tell but if that footage is from theater mode it's not unusual to see the shots out of sync and making it look like he's missing people.
I was just thinking this. How do we know this footage isn't from theater mode? We all know theater mode is notorious for out of sync shots.

There is no hardcore HQ. This sucks because HQ in core is the most messed up game version in the series.

If you use a less powerful gun, then one shot to the foot will not kill. The single fire, or 3/4 shot burst guns will kill instantly. (although from what I have seen, most are running around with SMG's and hip firing. Oohhhhhhhh you guys are going to love the quick scopers who shoot you 3 seconds after you spawn. Love it!!!!!!

Shit they didn't bring it back. Damn I may cancel my preorder then because thats all my buddies and i played...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I say the same thing to myself each year, and you know what I do? I go out and buy the game.

I'm OK with that! I know what I'm getting. It's like 'gaming' comfort-food for me. =)

Same feeling. Except this year I'm trying to save my money for other shit.

jacobs34

I loved playing against people who quickscoped in BlOps, they usually went something like 5-20 and provided no help for their team in objective based modes.

Gorillaz

I still dont get how people cry about quick scoping...it has literally been in cod since 2007 and no one said shit about it then.

Now all of a sudden its a problem.

Raide

I was just thinking this. How do we know this footage isn't from theater mode? We all know theater mode is notorious for out of sync shots.

Even if it is, the footage still showing bullshit quick-scoping.

Well, CoD will still sell about 20 million copies, so never-mind!

I still dont get how people cry about quick scoping...it has literally been in cod since 2007 and no one said shit about it then.

People have been bitching about it for years, its just the developer don't do anything about it and pander to 13 year old kids doing 360 no-scopes while jumping off buildings.

Makoto

Even if it is, the footage still showing bullshit quick-scoping.

Well, CoD will still sell about 20 million copies, so never-mind!
But like I said earlier, those moments were cherry picked over two maps. The guy more than likely finished those rounds with a garbage KDR. Quickscoping won't be the problem that people think it's going to be, at least on the PC.
http://www.abload.de/img/a71p8i.gif[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/byiqgr.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Was unsure before, but now it's even more obvious.

It's from theater mode.

legacyzero

Banned

Because back then, Quickscoping was legitimate. Even in COD4 it was amazing, and complex.

Not since MW2, has quick shotting been good.

Dorfdad

Gold Member

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS ONLY THE PC VERSION!!??

Are the consoles going to be as awful?? I can't scope for the life of me and this would cause me to rage so fucking bad it's not funny..

PS if reviewers give this a 9+ with AWFUL detections like this I don't want to hear another word about this type shit on any other game ever! Hear me IGN and GAMESPOT!!

I won't know how bad it is until I get online, but it was gone in BO1 and I'm disappointeed it made it back in the sequel, especially since they seem to be making steps forward in things like dropshotting and TDM in objective types.

ohlawd

meh. As long as players like those gtfo my objective based modes, I'm okay with what they're doing.

let them deal with terrible scores and be done with it.

Raide

But like I said earlier, those moments were cherry picked over two maps. The guy more than likely finished those rounds with a garbage KDR. Quickscoping won't be the problem that people think it's going to be, at least on the PC.

I think most people are looking at it over the long-term. The easier they make it to do quick-scoping, the more people use it. People will soon be pissed off if matches you go into just have sprinting snipers....oh wait, that CoD anyway! :D

I was kinda hoping they would do something fresh with Blops2. Not played CoD since the horrific mess of MW2.

Makoto

This thread is going to lose its shit over some edited and out of sync theater shots over the next few pages, isn't it? :p

aku:jiki

LOL at how nobody's reading Makoto's posts. I guess he's making too much sense for GAF. Can't have that reason and logic shit going on!

It's theatre mode, it always does that with all weapons.

I won't know how bad it is until I get online, but it was gone in BO1 and I'm disappointeed it made it back in the sequel, especially since they seem to be making steps forward in things like dropshotting and TDM in objective types.

Oh god tomorrow this thread will be an amazing place.

What a day your in store for you guys. I have decided to continue to take the day off so I can play with all of you, and try to enjoy myself.
Try.

MrDaravon

Those shots are from theater mode people! Christ.

Debating if I want to go to the midnight launch at my Gamestop. For Halo 4 they started finalizing receipts at about 10:30, and only wound up having 200-250 people. When I went to pick up Paper Mario yesterday they said that they're finalizing receipts starting at 2:30 (which is now my time) because they are expecting 1500 people. Fuck. It's also supposed to rain tonight :/

DRE Fei

Lol, there is maybe one map (turbine) that I would consider a good sniper map. If you can't quickscope on these small maps, the weapon is almost useless. The other weapons and the overall game is too fast for "real" sniping.

Things look decent so far. Hopefully I'll get this game in about 5 hours.

Desaan

Relax, that's probably fraps footage from theatre mode which is notoriously out of sync from what you saw to what it recorded from the host's POV.

Top Bottom