• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

PaNaMa

Banned
Apparently it's theatre mode and the hit detection is this mode is always off or something (I've never bothered with theatre mode).
So maybe it won't be easy to no look auto kill people with your sniper rifle.

Radec

The realist in me believes we're stuck with quiffscoping as a mechanic because people love making youtube videos of their autoaim kills -- but hopefully Treyarch can make it so you at least have to hit the target. I'm not likely to buy this tho, as it stands.

In all honesty, how many times have you encountered a beast quickscopper?

For me none and most of the snipers ive met are the usual ones.

I still think good quickscoppers are a myth. :p

Nizz

Crazy that a 4 sensitivity is considered medium now in Black Ops 2. I play on 4 (high) in pretty much every COD so far.

ohlawd

You haven't met me yet.

... just waiting for someone else to say that.

Detox

You were interested?
Ether.

Guy is in theatre mode and quick scoping has been in cod forever. People cherry pick their kills and make their montages. Those who are actually good at it and can actually play a good running sniper class have practised it and are skilled enough to pull it off, if you think it isn't about skill try 3 games and post your K/D ratio.

DRE Fei

Crazy that a 4 sensitivity is considered medium now in Black Ops 2. I play on 4 (high) in pretty much every COD so far.

The highest sensitivity in blops 2 now is 14 (for fine tuning purposes), but 14 is the same speed as 10 in previous games. Just multiply your blops 1 sensitivity by 1.4 to get the new setting you're supposed to use.

Shady859

Well I paid off my Hardened Edition trading in some older controls and junk at Gamestop. Gotta go back at 6pm to secure a "line ticket"... Supposedly at 6 they will pass out line passes that will secure you a spot in group A B C etc.... Then that's how the midnight checkout will progress and they assured me it would be followed just leave and come back at midnight and walk right in. Last year they tried that and it went ghetto mob and they just did 1 long ass normal line....

Just under 2000 total pre-orders across all versions at this store. Last year I spent 1.5 hours in line arriving at 11:45pm.

I AM PUMPED. :)

nitric0

Those shots are from theater mode people! Christ.

Debating if I want to go to the midnight launch at my Gamestop. For Halo 4 they started finalizing receipts at about 10:30, and only wound up having 200-250 people. When I went to pick up Paper Mario yesterday they said that they're finalizing receipts starting at 2:30 (which is now my time) because they are expecting 1500 people. Fuck. It's also supposed to rain tonight :/

How can you tell it's from theater mode?

This thread is going to lose its shit over some edited and out of sync theater shots over the next few pages, isn't it? :p

I really hope you're right about the footage being from theatre mode. I have no real issues with quick scoping because its like you said its an edited video with two maps and the guy even says in the video description that only those two maps seem to be good for it.

Jack_AG

Banned
Btw. Nuketown is finally up in the European PSN Store. It's a 184 MB download.

Hmmm... I don't have the game yet and the Gamestop (yeah I know, fuck everyone, my store is actually quite fucking awesome) I preordered from gave me a code to redeem on their website - which isn't allowing me to redeem yet - I'm assuming due to not being the launch date.

PaNaMa

Banned

Not many beasts, but they just cheapen the experience for me in general Gun me down with an AK or snipe me with sick aim from a distance, but the ADS auto kills are just trash. It's like dying to an exploitable bug.

But whatever. Looks like this lag delay there is on account of the way theatre mode works or something, and that's on me for not noticing. So I still might give this a shot, if my friends say its good :p

Jubbly

Max quality machete-murdering screenshot :D

t6sp2012-11-1118-57-168c8j.png

Victrix

*beard*
Hey Victrix, are you going to stream the game tonight? I seem to remember you streaming MW2 when it came out.

I will be yes. Same high quality and all. I have partner status on twitch so the stream will be properly 720@60fps.

I'm not sure how many friends are getting it, but between friends who are getting it (the good SuburbnSpetsnaz will be there with me at midnight) and stream buddies, I'm sure I'll have a party.

Plan is to OD on sugary caffiene and play until we all pass out tomorrow.

Same as usual, all teamplay/objective stuff, if you watched me in MW2 you know I've never been much for solo tdm killwhoring.

jacobs34

I will be yes. Same high quality and all. I have partner status on twitch so the stream will be properly 720@60fps.

I'm not sure how many friends are getting it, but between friends who are getting it (the good SuburbnSpetsnaz will be there with me at midnight) and stream buddies, I'm sure I'll have a party.

Same as usual, all teamplay/objective stuff, if you watched me in MW2 you know I've never been much for solo tdm killwhoring.

Awesome. Watching your stream back in the day was a big reason why I started playing more objective based modes in shooters. Look forward to watching.

Xevren

Awesome, always love your streams sir.

Well I paid off my Hardened Edition trading in some older controls and junk at Gamestop. Gotta go back at 6pm to secure a "line ticket"... Supposedly at 6 they will pass out line passes that will secure you a spot in group A B C etc.... Then that's how the midnight checkout will progress and they assured me it would be followed just leave and come back at midnight and walk right in. Last year they tried that and it went ghetto mob and they just did 1 long ass normal line....

Just under 2000 total pre-orders across all versions at this store. Last year I spent 1.5 hours in line arriving at 11:45pm.

I AM PUMPED. :)

That sounds like a nightmare. Why not just order from Amazon, pay less money, and have the game delivered to you tomorrow?

That's a lot of bullshit to deal just to have the game 12 hours earlier.

Top Bottom