• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

legacyzero

Banned
LOL man that looks horrible wow... However I feel this will get alot of play on GAF. Just change the head to different people and it will live forever as a fail post..
iQzuQ2qQN6k2c.png

See what I mean.
Or theres that LOL

So I preordered at GS today and the clerk gives me a receipt and says "you have to preorder this code online or we won't be able to give you Nuke Town".

But it seems like they just want your address and email to spam you, hidden behind a sweepstakes. My problem though is the code says invalid. All copies of the game have Nuke Town in it, yes? I don't want to deal with any shenanigans GS related.

Also, has any website detailed the unlocks yet? Like, when things unlock specifically? I read in this thread before that Ghost is a last level unlock, yikes! I wonder if unlock tokens work on perks lol.

I hope they have a Nuke Town 24/7 play list.

So I preordered at GS today and the clerk gives me a receipt and says "you have to preorder this code online or we won't be able to give you Nuke Town".

But it seems like they just want your address and email to spam you, hidden behind a sweepstakes. My problem though is the code says invalid. All copies of the game have Nuke Town in it, yes? I don't want to deal with any shenanigans GS related.

Also, has any website detailed the unlocks yet? Like, when things unlock specifically? I read in this thread before that Ghost is a last level unlock, yikes! I wonder if unlock tokens work on perks lol.

From what I have been reading, all launch copies should have the Nuketown map in an insert in the case.

HiiiLife

They do work on perks. I think the unlock progression is on CharlieIntel.

My GS preorder receipt didn' say anything about Nuketown.

Haven't seen this posted yet:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/11/12/nuketown-zombies-included-in-season-pass-in-december/

Activision has just announced that the Nuketown Zombies map will be made available as a piece of bonus content for the Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Season Pass in December.

Fans who purchase the Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Season Pass not only get all four epic DLC Map Packs** for the discounted suggested retail price of $49.99*, but they also get access to the Nuketown Zombies bonus map – available for Xbox 360 first in December with other platforms to follow, plus an exclusive in-game calling card.

For those picking up the CE version of Black Ops II, the Nuketown Zombies map will be available exclusively starting tomorrow, before it becomes available for Season Pass holders in December.

Shit. Told myself I was going to stay away from Blops II, as I have little to no time to play right now, but here it is, hours away from release, and I'm convincing myself to buy.

Nizz

The highest sensitivity in blops 2 now is 14 (for fine tuning purposes), but 14 is the same speed as 10 in previous games. Just multiply your blops 1 sensitivity by 1.4 to get the new setting you're supposed to use.
That's right, I forgot the sensitivity goes to 14 in this. Even more fine tuning to your liking.

Had to quote you for melissa clark. :)

Anyone still getting the PS3 version? Not like i have a choice.
:)

SJRB

Gold Member
I've been watching livestreams all evening, I'm not noticing much futuristic gear/maps, if any. Some maps have some snazzy art design but nothing mindblowing.

Kind of disappointing, I guess.

I've been watching livestreams all evening, I'm not noticing much futuristic gear/maps, if any. Some maps have some snazzy art design but nothing mindblowing.

Kind of disappointing, I guess.

It's only the year 2025 iirc?...not the too distant future. Not sure what you'd expect

Hey I am gonna be getting this but I was wondering if anyone who is getting the PS3 hardened edition would be willing to trade me their Nuketown Zombies code for a month of PS+ code. I am not really into special editions and they have been sold out in most places anyway, but I loved zombies in the last game and I don't need an extra month of PS+ (I got it when I bought the AC3 season pass).

I am in the UK if it matters. If anyone is interested pm me.

Watching some streams, the guns look like they have no recoil whatsoever.

I won't be buying this if this actually turns out to be the case.

lol what did you expect

its why ive never been able to get THAT much into CoD. Absolutely zero teamwork aspect to it, promotes a "fuck you ima do me" attitude and lacks a lot of skill to play in general.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just curious as to why you won't be using a KB/M combination?

I truly prefer laid back gaming. Mouse and KB put a lot of stress in my already stressed to hell shoulders so yeah, not ideal for me. May have to get 360 version instead.

Just curious as to why you won't be using a KB/M combination?

I kind of wanted to try it out using a controller on the TV but after playing BF3 (also no aim assist) with controller, it's hopeless. Not sure the point of even adding controller support with no aim assist with FPS on PC. You're just asking to get obliterated.

Linkhero1

I truly prefer laid back gaming. Mouse and KB put a lot of stress in my already stressed to hell shoulders so yeah, not ideal for me. May have to get 360 version instead.

Makes sense. If you get the 360 version, add me on XBL! For some reason most of my friends on XBL don't play FPS games.

GT: falco211

I kind of wanted to try it out using a controller on the TV but after playing BF3 (also no aim assist) with controller, it's hopeless. Not sure the point of even adding controller support with no aim assist with FPS on PC. You're just asking to get obliterated.

That's what I was thinking too haha. Same reason I would avoid the Wii U version (If wiimote is supported). I don't like having a disadvantage when it comes to the controls.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's only the year 2025 iirc?...not the too distant future. Not sure what you'd expect

I expect the future, not sticky grenades, reskinned SPAZ shotguns and scorpions and more maps in Cuban slums or mountain canyons.

The sonic wave emitter is pretty cool though.

O well, I thought they would play the "futuristic" angle a bit harder, but that may just be my own expectation based on nothing really. Not a big deal I guess, I'm just ramblin' haha.

I expect the future, not sticky grenades, reskinned SPAZ shotguns and scorpions and more maps in Cuban slums or mountain canyons.

The sonic wave emitter is pretty cool though.

O well, I suppose they would play the "futuristic" angle a bit harder, but that may just be my own expectation based on nothing really. Not a big deal I guess.

What do you think 2025 will be like? I can't picture it being that much different from now in terms of weapons and such. As someone who has actually been in the military we still use old shit lol

HiiiLife

not really seeing the reasons.

Mercenary gets the shaft again.

Yeah I understand. I enjoy it cause I feel I can pull out a win when I'm playing with random players. Easy kills. Killstreaks. They die fast. Lol. It's one of the reasons why I pick CoD over BF3 and Halo. I'd rather have fun and win in an easy game than lose in a teamwork game cause I play with randoms. Which has happened. Alot. And I don't want to find the time to find a competent team. I just wanna load up my Xbox, play a few matches, then go to sleep. Haha.

SJRB

Gold Member
What do you think 2025 will be like? I can't picture it being that much different from now in terms of weapons and such. As someone who has actually been in the military we still use old shit lol

I don't expect the military to use the Five Seven in 2025, that's for sure haha.

Shady859

That sounds like a nightmare. Why not just order from Amazon, pay less money, and have the game delivered to you tomorrow?

That's a lot of bullshit to deal just to have the game 12 hours earlier.

Haha i'm a night shifter and a night owl so i'd much prefer it at midnight on a day off. If this wasn't CoD i'd never go through all the trouble that is a GS midnight release. One of the maybe 3-4 times a year I shop there.

Dudes playing objective on stream, play it like TDM, never even attempt to get on point

edit: just as I say this, looks like he changing his tune

Top Bottom