• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

What? None of that is true except for the chest and up thing, and I see no proof that's changed in BO2.

I've switched between MW2 and MW3 constantly for the last few months, and the differences have become much more apparent in that time. The sniper rifles just handle way easier in MW3 and it looks like it's carried over.

aku:jiki

I've switched between MW2 and MW3 constantly for the last few months, and the differences have become much more apparent in that time. The sniper rifles just handle way easier in MW3 and it looks like it's carried over.
As have I, and the only difference is that Quickdraw seems even faster than SoH Pro. Besides that, there are no differences that have an effect on quickscoping.

Black Ops 1 did have those shenanigans where you don't always scope in where you pre-aim and often miss for no reason, but that's the only CoD that's ever done that and they patched it out after a couple of months.

sephi22

jesus no. It's amazing that while every other gun in the game has been getting weaker, sniper rifles have been getting stronger since MW2. You now got sniper rifles that kill with a belly shot and are more accurate than ever, it makes no sense. There was some subtle things that kept MW2 sniper rifles from being this deadly, such as rifles having alot of scope waver, only being a 1 shot to the chest and above, and having scope in accuracy not be totally accurate ( your scope wouldn't rest at the center of the screen when you pulled it up most times ) and every one of those things have been changed for the worse.

I've been using the DSR along with an Assault Rifle in my main loadout (Using the double primary weapon wildcard).
DSR one-shot kills on torso and above.
There is a lot of sway. You have to hold L3 to get a steady shot. Even with the attachment, the sway is never completely gone.
I can't comment on quickscoping as I'm not skilled enough for that, but based on the video, I guess quickscoping does make the reticle rest on the center of the screen.

As have I, and the only difference is that Quickdraw seems even faster than SoH Pro. Besides that, there are no differences that have an effect on quickscoping.

Black Ops 1 did have those shenanigans where you don't always scope in where you pre-aim and often miss for no reason, but that's the only CoD that's ever done that and they patched it out after a couple of months.

sniper rifles didn't always scope in center mass on MW2 too, it just wasn't as pronounced. it would be off slightly in terms of where the gun is aiming at. It's something I picked up recently when trying to figure out why I was doing so much worse when it came to quick scoping in MW2 lol. I tried centering an object and aiming at it repeatedly and where the reticule landed at was slightly different each time. Try it yourself and see though, maybe this shit is all in my head, I know you know your shit when it comes to CoD so if you don't see what I'm seeing I can take your word on it.

njean777

Quick scoping is annoying, but I found in MW3 it was easy to get around. As a matter of fact most of the time they wouldn't even kill me after I got use to it again. They seem to be at the bottom of the scoreboard anyways, so I really could care less about quick scopers.

Protein

Banned
Any key differences between this and the other Call of Duty games? I'm on the fence about buying this, haven't played a CoD game since MW1

zlatko

Banned
So I think I'm going to pre order this tonight at Gamestop. I refuse to ever redeem that code for nuketown I'll get.

Fuck that map.

M.W.

So I think I'm going to pre order this tonight at Gamestop. I refuse to ever redeem that code for nuketown I'll get.

Fuck that map.

Yeah, I preordered today and was told to show up at 10pm tonight. They expect at least 700 people. Fuck that. I'll go tomorrow morning.

MS store just got BO2 back in stock, you get 1600 MSP + $10 off next purchase

Used my $25 off coupon from Halo 4 and got:

Black Ops 2
1600 MSP
$10 coupon

For only $38. What a deal!

Xux

Someone already camped out at 2pm at the Gamestop I preordered at; doubt his iPad has 10 hours of battery life, lol. The cashier said they moved the check-in time to 6PM 'cause they're expecting so many people.

lol@acti stock dropping

Ovid

I really want to play this game. It looks really fun but BLOPS and MW3 really disappointed me. I think I'll wait for a price drop and GAF reactions before taking the plunge.

The only thing that sucks about waiting on a game like this is that people will get really good really fast and newbies will be easy prey.

That was close. I was going to get the PC version, but seeing how it doesn't have the server browser like MW3 and BO1 did, I won't be getting it.

I won't be getting PS3 version either since it's a blurry fucking mess compare to the other 2 versions.

I'll just wait until they either patch those problems or the price drops. From what I've seen so far on the streams, it plays just like any other CODs. Thank you Neogaf as always!

In other news, last time I went to gamestop this evening, there were 10 people camped outside already. o_O

I really want to play this game. It looks really fun but BLOPS and MW3 really disappointed me. I think I'll wait for a price drop and GAF reactions before taking the plunge.

The only thing that sucks about waiting on a game like this is that people will get really good really fast and newbies will be easy prey.

even if you're disapointed with the Multi, Zombies is most likely gonna be alot of fun, the game is worth it for that alone imo.

Detox

That was close. I was going to get the PC version, but seeing how it doesn't have the server browser like MW3 and BO1 did, I won't be getting it.

I won't be getting PS3 version either since it's a blurry fucking mess compare to the other 2 versions.

I'll just wait until they either patch those problems or the price drops. From what I've seen so far on the streams, it plays just like any other CODs. Thank you Neogaf as always!

In other news, last time I went to gamestop this evening, there were 10 people camped outside already. o_O
The pc version matches exactly how the ps3 version does except it puts you in a server rather than p2p.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, I preordered today and was told to show up at 10pm tonight. They expect at least 700 people. Fuck that. I'll go tomorrow morning.

700? I'm in Denver, and I don't think there'd be that many in my suburb. Either way I have work tomorrow and class after. Not mega hyped like others in the thread since H4 was my big hype game/FPS of the year. Getting this because well... it's CoD you buy it every year. Quality doesn't mean shit anymore when all your friends play it for months on end and I don't wanna be totally out in the cold doing H4 solo with randoms all the time.

Top Bottom