• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

XAL

Is this unlocked for west coast US yet or are the servers just overloaded?

All of the games I've bought on steam in recent memory unlock at 9pm on launch day...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
These games seem overpriced.

I would disagree, not only does the game generally have the same development time that a lot of other sequels that we get every 2 years that most are quite happy to buy day 1 rrp. The cost:time ratio for how much I get out of the game compared to others at full price easily outweigh probably 90% of games I have bought in the last 15 years.

Loving most of the maps in this. The club one is awesome with the trance blaring in it.

Same here, some are generally smaller than previous incarnations, but I haven't found myself being overly annoyed at any of them so far.

I plan on stopping at walmart after work at 2am and picking up a copy for PS3. Any Gaf PS3 player send me a FR or invite or something! Trukill420 .

Awesome, they got Glenn Morshower to voice one of the American factions
18698214_1242343267.jpg

Holy shit the options for bit matches are excellent. 1 life per player? Switch sides at half time? Restrict all score streaks and the crazier perks/attachments? You can do all that.

I'm going to be playing this for years.

jet1911

I'm getting some weird graphical glitches on some maps. Textures disapering, becoming black. Weird. I hope my graphic card is not about to explode. :s

Oh yeah and Gun Games is still such a great gamemode. :D

demolitio

Secretary of Defence Petraeus in 2025 made me laugh way more than it should have.

Petraeus as SecDef. makes me laugh. Ironic timing and not a bad guess by Treyarch although having any real names in here is weird given how ludicrous the story always is so it's not like a name is going to keep it grounded in reality to people, lol.

The options for zombie survival games are disappointing. I was hoping at least to get to pick weapons or set win conditions. All you can do is set difficulty , turn off ''magic" (perks, vending machines), and whether hounds appear. Pretty lame.

I can drive over to Gamestop to pick up my reserved copy at midnight right? I seem to remember something like if I wanted to pick it up at midnight I had to "check in" at 9pm?

AHA-Lambda

Friend got two copies from Tesco UK and neither had the Nuketown DLC code within (Xbox 360). Said there was also nothing printed on his receipt.

He's contacted Activision but wants to play now - Anybody have a spare code to trade? He has 800 ms points or 3 months of Live.

Me too, I'm pissed! Going to email Activision later on.
2025 better be available later..

Nabs

Is Nuketown 2025 supposed to show up in normal rotation? I didn't see it once in 2 hours. I feel like I played the same 4-5 maps.

sado

Y'know, things break...
Picked it up at midnight as well. SP starts off kinda flat but gets better after 30-40 mins in. Was pretty neat to pick it up at the Microsoft store, they gave out 1600 points for free for everyone who preordered along with a Microsoft Store gift card. They also did a couple raffles for free stuff and gave out free pizza to everyone. First time preordering from the MS store and likely will again after that. Ended up winning a Kinect bundle which will replace my old 360 which is having cd drive issues.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Install Texture Pack onto HDD @_@!

1838MB, new addition to PS3, I don't remember BLOPS having it

Also GOOD LORD! SuperCrunch on my DPX21 are fucking LOUD, no wonder description says, "LOUD isn't it?"

FLZj4m.jpg

Double BLOPS!

Got 2 free Red Bulls from Gamestop, so the energy drink was cross promo with this!

Top Bottom