• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

MP is fucking awesome and I have only played like 10 matches of Nuke Town. I could live on Nuke Town Moshpit entirely.

PS3 version seems to look and play fine, too. Though the servers are naturally getting hammered. Most lobbies seem to stick on a "need more players to balance teams" message.

vocab

Win a round of free for all, type GG.

Response: You're level 12 you fucking suck.

Ahhh, COD.
Lollllll. In cod4 I used default kits and dominated pubs. I got a lot of why you using default comments. I said because I want to give the other team a chance.

The fact that people care about levels is truly hilarious.

So, what's the word on the PC version? Is it turds? Worth picking up?

I played about two hours this morning an even split of multiplayer and campaign and it ran and played fine. The fears from that quick scope video yesterday seemed to have been all generated from the theater mode. There does seem to be some issue with Nvidia cards, but the new beta driver fix it.

Fistwell

So, what's the word on the PC version? Is it turds? Worth picking up?
SP looks like crap. The first 10-20mins anyways, shut it off after that. MP feels pretty fantastic to me. Couldn't get into MW3 at all. Maps feel much better to me this year. It's not exactly pretty but it's not too offensive either. Runs smooth as butter.

What do you guys think about the maps? Loving turbine (reminds me of afghan, which I absolutely fucking loved to death). Aircraft carrier somethingsomething is pretty interesting as well.

How is the multiplayer scene on the PC? I would like to pick this game up but i worry that everyone is playing on the 360 or ps3.
No idea really. Today it's crowded as fuck.
like that means anything

KissVibes

Banned
I played about two hours this morning an even split of multiplayer and campaign and it ran and played fine. The fears from that quick scope video yesterday seemed to have been all generated from the theater mode. There does seem to be some issue with Nvidia cards, but the new beta driver fix it.

SP looks like crap. The first 10-20mins anyways, shut it off after that. MP feels pretty fantastic to me. Couldn't get into MW3 at all. Maps feel much better to me this year. It's not exactly pretty but it's not too offensive either. Runs smooth as butter.

What do you guys think about the maps? Loving turbine (reminds me of afghan, which I absolutely fucking loved to death). Aircraft carrier somethingsomething is pretty interesting as well.

Thanks homies. Hoping there's a good Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the game. If not, I'll wait until Christmas.

Oh and I've never bought a COD game on the PC at release (I only own MW2 but I bought that last year). How are they about patching? I know this is Treyarch and not IW but can one expect it to be properly supported?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to keep GAF up to date, the site I work for is going to be running a Black Ops 2 video competition with real dollars as prizes, so I'll let you all know once it's live. You've all got a pretty reasonable shot of winning it, but I'll keep you all posted.

Nabs

Thanks homies. Hoping there's a good Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the game. If not, I'll wait until Christmas.

Oh and I've never bought a COD game on the PC at release (I only own MW2 but I bought that last year). How are they about patching? I know this is Treyarch and not IW but can one expect it to be properly supported?

Blops 1 launched with lots of issues, but receive a good number of patches. They were behind on some weapon balance tweaks, but overall it was well supported. You can also contact the lead PCDev with issues and he'll get back to you.

Blops 2 on the other hand seems to have a pretty smooth launch. The game runs so well.

iNvid02

pretty dark story overall, enjoyed it quite a bit. the unexpected ending rocked

random shot

t6sp20121113161920132kxpki.png

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Mouse smoothing on the PC version? Ugggh.

Trying to decide-

PC - Big TV comfy couch 1080p with controller for campaign, but have to use small monitor for kb/m for multiplayer (with maybe smoothing)... and I don't have to go to the store

360 - Big TV comfy couch 720p for both campaign and multi... have to go to the store

hmmmm

Nabs

Trying to decide-

PC - Big TV comfy couch 1080p with controller for campaign, but have to use small monitor for kb/m for multiplayer (with maybe smoothing)... and I don't have to go to the store

360 - Big TV comfy couch 720p for both campaign and multi... have to go to the store

hmmmm

Where are you getting this from?

Calibur

So is nuketown in every case?

No it seems to be half and half at the moment, but make sure you ask at the counter for Nuketown edition politely ....and it shouldn't be problem, because in HMV Stratford, London lots of mum and dads was buy the game (Get ready for annoying kids in cod casting) and they was just handing out the normal edition to them!

Those gun textures look awful. Worse than BLOP's. At least in those screens. Otherwise looks okay.

It actually looks pretty good in motion.

Re: Mouse Acceleration

Is that why it feels like I'm turning with a sponge? Anyone poke around the preference files to see of that can be disabled?

tuco11

Still early only level 15 but I am really liking it so far. Hardcore TDM rules. Have not seen a tube yet. Most people dont have it unlocked either though. Where the hell is Multi Team Hardcore?..bullshit.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the same boat as you in some respects. From what I've gathered on here and the net, it seems it's good, but not great. It fixes a lot of issues for kill streak problems, but on the flip side I see complaining about the spawn system being atrocious.

I'm also reading networking issues and what seems to be hit detection issues again.

By no means am I convinced to go buy this today...

Eh, that's what I was afraid of. I watched a few YouTube vids and terrible spawning seems to be as prevalent as ever, and networking issues are what broke the camel's back for me with MW3. Guess I'll wait this one out.

I haven't shopped at Gamestop in a long time but today I will have to. If I go in and ask for Black Ops 2, will they say "Sorry but you didn't preorder"? Do they still do that?

zlatko

Banned
Eh, that's what I was afraid of. I watched a few YouTube vids and terrible spawning seems to be as prevalent as ever, and networking issues are what broke the camel's back for me with MW3. Guess I'll wait this one out.

It's hard to resist the temptation, especially since I know most of my friends will be online tonight playing it regardless of issues since they aren't bothered as much by this kind of shit as I am.

First CoD I'll be not there day 1 I think. Unless two of my friends who already got it let me know it's the beez neez, then I'll wait for more 360 impressions to make a purchasing decision.

Trying to decide-

hmmmm

Plug PC into TV. Done.

So I've been thinking about getting this for Wii U if this turned out to be good.

But the consensus seems to be that, if you've hated the last two Call of Dutys, you'll hate this one, and if you love the last ones, you'll love this one?

So what are the odds of getting
Nuketown later on down the line? I'm guessing it's not very likely to happen? Can't buy the game for a bit and would hate to buy a copy that doesn't even contain all the maps.

Top Bottom