• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I had pre-ordered this at Gamestop but I don't think I'll be able to get there tonight-if I go pick this up at the Target near my work-there will be a Nuketown code in the box right?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ps3 crashed 3 times within 24 hrs in multi, ALWAYS when in lobby before map loads, the screen just Freezes where you see all the names in the lobby. PS button no response, reboot and rebuilds filesystem.

other games work 100% fine. its not my system, i am 100% sure.

Likely a problem on my end but I can't seem to connect to a match on pc. It gets to the loading screen for the map, takes forever, and then disconnects me from the server. Sucks.

Adamm

Keep getting disconnected from games. The whole server goes down trying to migrate hosts, happened about 5 times now :(

Well..

Installed the texture pack on the PS3 version...still, in my eyes, not very "crisp", looks very soft and hazy.

Also...it be nice to, connect to a game, stay connected, and not be signed out of PSN completely every few maps.

Guess I'll try later tonight.

Is there any indication on the box whether or not a copy has a Nuketown code?

I bought the 360 and PS3 version, both said on the back of the box "Nuketown 2025 included"
zIUjT.jpg

DRE Fei

The SMG hipfire in this game is so amazing. I used the assault rifles a few times, but the maps for the most part seem to favor the SMG rushing style. Dextery combined with the lightweight perk is an amazing combo. Add a few wildcards and it gets even crazier. The pick 10 system just allows you to do so many interesting things.

The sniping is good in this game if you have a decent connection, but I don't think it's overpowered. I was doing ok with the DSR-50 in a few matches and it seems like decent hit detection. DSR is what you'll see people using the most because it unlocks immediately and IMO is the best sniper in the game. I now understand why they brought quickscoping back because of how fast paced this game is. If someone comes sprinting around a corner with an SMG, you're done. If you don't hit your first shot, you're done unless the person is really bad.

This game feels like the pace of MW3 with Black Ops gun-play. Everything feels super smooth as long as you have a good connection. If you get shot you can just run around the corner, preferably with lightweight. I had a few lag spikes here and there, but overall it's decent.

Is there any indication on the box whether or not a copy has a Nuketown code?
Yes. I think the launch batch of games come with it, but I don't think the rest will.

Magik

Jesus fucking christ on a bike!

First game joined... disconnected because server went down
Second to fifth game joined... host migration ... connection error
6th game... the whole game locks up for a good ten seconds before running again

Motherfucker.

Xamdou

Jesus fucking christ on a bike!

First game joined... disconnected because server went down
Second to fifth game joined... host migration ... connection error
6th game... the whole game locks up for a good ten seconds before running again

Motherfucker.

What version of the game you got?

zlatko

Banned
I need impressions for 360. Anyone have a link to any, or a stream of 360 version? CoDGAF is like all PC and PS3 people it seems. :/

I had a couple flickering graphical glitches in the second mission, and the sound seems to be strangely low across both singleplayer and multiplayer on PC. Other than that, I'd say this is a pretty good port.

So far my first COD on PC experience has been a good so far as well, and I've had some great matches. I'll definitely be playing it a lot more later today, but yeah, enjoying it way more than MW3 right now.

Edit - Having the same issues too, bluedeviltron.

Not sure why I picked this up - I knew I hated FPS on console :(

At least I didn't use the code yet- prob put it on craigslist after I give it a few more hrs.

I love how the back of the box has no information on the game besides the game modes, and the instruction booklet is bare as hell.

This generation, I swear.

GodofWine

I get a kick out of people spazzing about day one network glitches of a game that is putting millions of players online for the first time. Picking mine up later, will probably play after 10pm tonight

I love how the back of the box has no information on the game besides the game modes, and the instruction booklet is bare as hell.

This generation, I swear.

Oh come on. This is, what, the 6th CoD in as many years? Everyone knows exactly what they're getting with all three of those modes. What exactly does the box need to say?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This might sound weird but how's the gore? Treyach had a penchant for severed limbs in the past...

I've noticed this as well, Treyarch are big on dismembered limbs and exploding faces. I'm expecting some decent gibs.

Also, I just read you can choose your load-outs before starting single player missions...I don't know why, but this pleases me greatly. Fuck work, I need to play this game.

PS3 version here , been playing non stop for 5 hours and had no problems what so ever , Think you people just say shit just to moan and fit in.

I've noticed this as well, Treyarch are big on dismembered limbs and exploding faces. I'm expecting some decent gibs.

Also, I just read you can choose your load-outs before starting single player missions...I don't know why, but this pleases me greatly. Fuck work, I need to play this game.
I have decapitated dudes with machetes. Good times.

Anyone else find the death screams in multi really obnoxious? Die and get what seems like a 2 second "arrrrrrgggghhhh". They just feel really over exaggerated to me.

Questions for those with the game:

Assault Shield - Can the enemy eventually break this? When planted in the ground, can you walk through it? Can the enemy? Can you just plant it in a doorway to block off a path?

Scavenger - What exactly does it refill? Tactical grenades? Shock charges? Claymores?

Maps - Please continue detailed impressions. How is the verticality? Do most buildings have a second floor? How many entrances into each area?

The SMG hipfire in this game is so amazing. I used the assault rifles a few times, but the maps for the most part seem to favor the SMG rushing style.

Bleh.

Top Bottom