• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Manus

Questions for those with the game:

Maps - Please continue detailed impressions. How is the verticality? Do most buildings have a second floor? How many entrances into each area?.

A bunch of entrances into rooms and plenty of buildings have upstairs.

grkazan12

For anyone who's playing on the PC version, can you control all of the menus (start,pause,class selection.....) with the 360 controller?

I'm just wondering because BLOPS 1 had a weird issue where not everything was controllable via the 360 controller and it was more of a hybrid between mouse and controller.

Anyone? Really want to know, still contemplating on getting it.

Adamm

Ugh, I really hope all this disconnecting is just because its the first day of release. I seem to get disconnected from more games than I get to finish

I am just gonna point out the obvious and say the COD servers on PS3 are garbage. It keeps saying "needs more players to balance teams" when there lobby is full. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ANNOYING.

Adamm

I am just gonna point out the obvious and say the COD servers on PS3 are garbage. It keeps saying "needs more players to balance teams" when there lobby is full. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ANNOYING.

Yep, spends about 10 minutes finding a game and "balancing teams" then 1 minute into the game you get disconnected.

How many multiplayer maps?

Is the Scar still in the game?

The game have a nuke kill streak?

There's still a SCAR in this game, but it might not behave the same way since there is different AR that already has a slow fire rate, but really high damage.

Anybody found a way to turn off mouse acceleration yet?

So are there any futuristic weapons or are all the guns like regular modern day shooters?

Saw a couple video reviews and although there were some future tech visible in things like mechs and cloaking, the guns themselves seemed to be the same as in any modern shooter.

It was fun in Halo 4 for example using the promothean weapons since although fitting into conventional weapon types (shotgun, sniper etc) they felt and looked pretty different and interesting/futuristic/high tech.

rezuth

Not that impressed with multiplayer yet, only level 12 so far though. I do love Turbine but I've only gotten to play it once :(

Fistwell

The SMG hipfire in this game is so amazing. I used the assault rifles a few times, but the maps for the most part seem to favor the SMG rushing style. Dextery combined with the lightweight perk is an amazing combo.
Yeah, SMG hipfire feels kind of OP right now. Started out using ARs, switched to SMG and never went back. Rush/flank/sneak w/ suppressed SMG works fantastic on small maps.
my kd still sucks

Edit: lol creepshots.

I do love Turbine
*brofist*

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Very shitty graphics, very disappointed in them. Everything is so blurry, at least it maintains 60fps most of the time.

How? I was never a fan of ghost so I'm pretty happy about this. What exactly have they done though?

Moved everything wayyyy down the unlock path. Everything from silencers to ghost itself takes forever.

They also moved what's usually 2 perks to at least 3. Though if I remember right, BO1 did that too.

protonion

Yeah. Ps3 Europe here and I can't play... At least I got it early and got a few hours of mp. It'll be fine in a couple of days as usual.

So are there any futuristic weapons or are all the guns like regular modern day shooters?

Saw a couple video reviews and although there were some future tech visible in things like mechs and cloaking, the guns themselves seemed to be the same as in any modern shooter.

It was fun in Halo 4 for example using the promothean weapons since although fitting into conventional weapon types (shotgun, sniper etc) they felt and looked pretty different and interesting/futuristic/high tech.
It's 2025. Technology doesn't advance that quickly. Hell, we're still using post WWII weapons today in some cases.

omonimo

Banned
Well..

Installed the texture pack on the PS3 version...still, in my eyes, not very "crisp", looks very soft and hazy.

Also...it be nice to, connect to a game, stay connected, and not be signed out of PSN completely every few maps.

Guess I'll try later tonight.

I bought the 360 and PS3 version, both said on the back of the box "Nuketown 2025 included"
I could wrong but ps3 version seems use a sort of QAA but with better edge covering... could be the same TXAA selectable on pc , in the ps3 version? The murkier appearence is something beyond the simple sub hd, npc in the distance for example, appears strangely softly, like QAA. In any case, there is something of "unique" in the AA solution, but not seems simple post/custom AA.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's 2025. Technology doesn't advance that quickly. Hell, we're still using post WWII weapons today in some cases.

Man that is some straight up apologist bullshit right there. They've been advertising the game as being futuristic and all that, they damn well better put some futuristic weapons in there.

Funny how it was quicker to just walk in and pick up the game instead of hassling with pre orders at best buy, they need to work that out, I'm liking the game so far.

Fantasmo

Game is great so far. No complaints. I loved MW2 but this might take the crown. Guns feel great. Game looks good on 360 and really smooth. Theatre mode seems to be stuck on by default but I don't feel it at all lagwise. Everyone is still early levels though so this can all change.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Very shitty graphics, very disappointed in them. Everything is so blurry, at least it maintains 60fps most of the time.

I guess this is the benefit of playing no other games besides COD. I have nothing to compare the game to so it looks great to me.

nbraun80

So what are the initial impressions of this game? This is the first COD since COD1 that I didn't buy on release date (with the obvious exception of COD3), so I'm kind of interested to see where opinions are falling. At this point I have such extensive COD fatigue that I'm wary to jump into this game.
As a longtime COD player who might be suffering from fatigue as well, I'm not to impressed and mostly just angry at this game.

Maps- many I just blah, lots of brown and green and nothin' to memorable at this point. And some are just annoying, mainly the ship on, which is basically nuketown on a boat.

Sounds- most of the guns sound like small firecrackers going off and them silenced just sound silly. Also I have a turtlebeaches on and its extremely hard to hear footsteps unless you're completely standing still.

Graphics - not bad, but after playing halo 4 and seeing what you can squeeze out of the 360, they're starting to look dated.

Menus - im not one to usually complain at menus but honestly I find them absolutely horrible. After 4-5 of learning the menus and barracks and create a class they decide to change it all, really? Its not sleek and simple, just bulky and confusing. I had no idea hoe to change camp until my buddy told me and it just blows my mind that you can go from simple small text menus to this crap.

Spawning- trust my i know they're bad in all COD games, but is it so hard to develop an intelligent spawning system? im just getting so tired of people directly up my butt when i spawn.

Top Bottom