• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

The impressions of the maps are all over the place. Guess I'm going to have to play it for myself. I don't think we'll ever repeat the greatness of Blops 1 though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You can use one on a pc.

Yeah but no aim assist in MP killed me :p. Impossible haha.

Also! Halo 4 is more methodic, slower paced game while BLOPS2 is far more faster paced. Kinda preferring Halo 4 at the moment but both games have their strengths.

Ryck

Also, this is abit bullshit . HUD is not blurred.
I noticed the game looked really blurred on my LCD screen, had to turn up the sharpness almost double and it looked great after that.

But at my office on my LED the game looked perfect already. ( I usually have to lower the sharpness for most games)

So maybe they made it made with LED screens in mind. *shrugs* either way just it's an easy fix and once you calibrate it a bit looks great, much better than Blops 1 IMO.

[PS3 version]

The impressions of the maps are all over the place. Guess I'm going to have to play it for myself. I don't think we'll ever repeat the greatness of Blops 1 though.
I remember Blops1 being extremely polarizing as well, especially since it followed MW2. I think we'll see impressions start to homogenize after a few weeks of patches and play.

Magik

Menus - im not one to usually complain at menus but honestly I find them absolutely horrible. After 4-5 of learning the menus and barracks and create a class they decide to change it all, really? Its not sleek and simple, just bulky and confusing. I had no idea hoe to change camp until my buddy told me and it just blows my mind that you can go from simple small text menus to this crap.

Spawning- trust my i know they're bad in all COD games, but is it so hard to develop an intelligent spawning system? im just getting so tired of people directly up my butt when i spawn.

I'm not a fan of the menus either. Its very confusing at first thats for sure.

The spawns aren't terrible, but they sure could use some work for sure. I remember killing one guy right at the beginning of the game and he ended up spawning at my original spawn and came back and killed me.

Man that is some straight up apologist bullshit right there. They've been advertising the game as being futuristic and all that, they damn well better put some futuristic weapons in there.

What are you looking for lasers and plasma weapons or near future tech because there's a ton of near future stuff. The guns themselves don't make it readily apparent, but attachments, equipment, and scorestreaks do. I will admit some stuff is basically thing that functioned like old stuff with a new skin, but a few things are genuinely new and futurey.

nbraun80

I have not had this problem at all yet. What modes are you playing?
TDM and a little ground war. Its just like if I spawn and within a second or two they'll be someone coming st me from some direction. On one of the levels I ran forward about 30 feet got behind a rock and within 5 sec. there were enemies spawning where I just did. I don't know, im just getting frustrated and angry.

vocab

Spawning- trust my i know they're bad in all COD games, but is it so hard to develop an intelligent spawning system? im just getting so tired of people directly up my butt when i spawn.

The code is readily available for better spawning. OSP and CPMA for Quake 3 made a better spawn system before COD4 was even out.

Xbox 360 players:
Can someone with a 5.1 test the Treyarch Mix using the System Test in the Audio Settings? My rear right doesn't do anything, but it works fine for all my other games. Possible audio bug.

Edit: Nevermind it works.

So ... couple o PC questions.

How is performance, not a stuttery mess like BLOPS 1 is it ?

Xbox controller support, does it work in the menus now or just while in-game ?

How is the matchmaking + dedicated server stuff working, quite fast ?

smr00

Banned
As someone who hasn't played a COD online since Modern Warfare 1 can someone chime in on this score streak stuff? I read up a little about the online while i am waiting in this doctors office and i know it replaces the killstreak and i know about the points for capping, carrying a flag etc. but do the points roll-over? Like lets say i need 300 points for UAV and i have 200 and die, do i still have 200 points when i re-spawn? Or are they like the old killstreaks in MW1 where once you die your kill streak build up is reset.

As someone who hasn't played a COD online since Modern Warfare 1 can someone chime in on this score streak stuff? I read up a little about the online while i am waiting in this doctors office and i know it replaces the killstreak and i know about the points for capping, carrying a flag etc. but do the points roll-over? Like lets say i need 300 points for UAV and i have 200 and die, do i still have 200 points when i re-spawn? Or are they like the old killstreaks in MW1 where once you die your kill streak build up is reset.

Like MW1

Dennis

Banned

How is performance, not a stuttery mess like BLOPS 1 is it ? No

Xbox controller support, does it work in the menus now or just while in-game ? Yes

How is the matchmaking + dedicated server stuff working, quite fast ? Don't know

Some anwers.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Like lets say i need 300 points for UAV and i have 200 and die, do i still have 200 points when i re-spawn? Or are they like the old killstreaks in MW1 where once you die your kill streak build up is reset.

No the counter resets upon death.

How is performance, not a stuttery mess like BLOPS 1 is it ?

Xbox controller support, does it work in the menus now or just while in-game ?

How is the matchmaking + dedicated server stuff working, quite fast ?

Matchmakings been working fine quick games for the big modes, but if you are looking to play any of the party game expect to wait. That reminds me WTF is up with radar always being on in those modes? Was it like that in Blops 1? I was looking forward to playing those for the first time, but its kind of annoying and I don't know how I'm interested now.

Oh I just realized the air strikes are now lightning strikes that is fucking amazing.

MANGOD

Banned
First cod game i have not bought day one and judging by my friends list on the 360 and ps triple I aint the only one. Still looking to pick this up on the wii u though

Top Bottom