• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

MrDaravon

Just got my first few games in, the game does nothing to really explain the Pick 10 system, and the menus are kind of a mess. Game feels and plays pretty good so far though.

Aren't people at work/school right now?

I guess friday evening will bring higher numbers. Still, 1 million for black ops is crazy. And that was just on 360. First night i played on PS3 there was over 800k people playing.

SailorDaravon said:
Just got my first few games in, the game does nothing to really explain the Pick 10 system, and the menus are kind of a mess. Game feels and plays pretty good so far though.

I don't remember any COD explaining the creat a class system in game.

DRE Fei

The best part about the gun leveling system is that you can unlock attachments in combat training. After you prestige a gun, it resets the attachments but that's an easy way to get them back. You cannot unlock camos though. This mode doesn't track k/d ratio either, so it's really fun.

Death is so rampant in this game; I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm not bragging but I had a 4+ k/d ratio in the previous CoD, but I'm lucky if I can break even in blops 2. It's so weird playing against nothing but run and gunners.

Complistic

So I understand the PC version has FOV options and dedicated servers, but how's the netcode? Are your hits registering quickly. If I remember right the complaint about the last Treyarch COD was there always felt like their was lag.

Death is so rampant in this game; I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm not bragging but I had a 4+ k/d ratio in the previous CoD, but I'm lucky if I can break even in blops 2. It's so weird playing against nothing but run and gunners.

It is hard, that is for sure. Just going to take some time to adjust.

Marda

Neo Member
If I remember correctly, MW3 on PS3 had around 700k+ on opening day.

I regret my shipping pre-order, won't be here until at least next Monday.

mxgt

Banned

Same

I've never cared about K/D though.

Jack_AG

Banned
Im at .88 haha! Im coming from BF tho so every time I try to duck to cover I knife thin air.

Makes me look like a complete noob in killcams haha!

Only played a few matches - I need to get use to the button layout.

Manus

I feel like with every COD game for the first month all you see is run and gunners. It isn't to bad to get by though. If any PS3 players with a mic want to group up later just toss me a friend request. PSN id is Mega-Ridley. I get off in a hour and plan on playing most of the night.

Hawk269

Toys R Us has a promo right now where it's 10$ off any game 59.99 and 30$ off if you buy two games at 59.99.

I was able to use the promo when i picked up BLOPS2 at midnight.

Best deal out right now. Basically it is $49.99! Me and a buddy went to buy ours and the employee suggested we buy them together because if you buy 1 game it is 10 bucks off, buy 2 you get $30 off, so we did that and got the game for $44.99 each! Sweet deal!

Lily

A word of advice, on ps3 while waiting in the lobby to begin a match DO NOT try and edit your emblem. It causes my PS3 to freeze every single time.

Edit: also, dat multiplayer menu music

Tarps

If anyone is really missing ghost, I can't recommend the default SMG class enough. I've managed to get some decent scores so far with it.

Kapow

Been playing multiplayer on PC for the past 6 hours and im amazed how smooth its running. Hit detection has been perfect, no disconnects, almost everyone has full bars too whenever i check. Only problem is theres so little people playing it. There was only 50 people playing gun game :/

Gav47

How is the matchmaking + dedicated server stuff working, quite fast ?

The fastest I've experienced in a COD game. Finding a game on the Core playlist hasn't taken any more than 10 sec and the time to load into a map is also way faster than other COD games.

Fitz

I am loving this so far. The maps are awesome and everything feels fresh. I have only played four or five of the maps but could anyone tell me if there is a kind of firing range or summit equivalent, in terms of popularity.

Jack_AG

Banned
A word of advice, on ps3 while waiting in the lobby to begin a match DO NOT try and edit your emblem. It causes my PS3 to freeze every single time.

Edit: also, dat multiplayer menu music
I had no issues with this. Only did it once tho. Will try again.

Ryck

Aren't people at work/school right now?

Yup!

E23B5D4D-C128-49B4-A687-CC8941DC3714-11993-00000913C28311CB.jpg

Gonna be playing for the next few hours on PSN, mostly private matches with bots, learning the maps and messing about with the guns and streaks/perks.

Anyone wanna join in my id is: Ryck007

Top Bottom