• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

rocK`

Banned
Hey guys - I didn't go through this thread, so apologies if this has been done to death.

How is the PC port of this game? specifically online. Looking to pick it up, but if it's glitchy/issues with matchmaking, etc. I can wait until it goes on sale later.

I am liking this cod . lots of fun, smaller but pretty good maps, fast pace and seems like a even playing field ,, as of now. I think its a winner lol(mp) i wana play with some gafers hit me up TruKill420(PSN)

Hey guys - I didn't go through this thread, so apologies if this has been done to death.

How is the PC port of this game? specifically online. Looking to pick it up, but if it's glitchy/issues with matchmaking, etc. I can wait until it goes on sale later.

The PC version is fine. I just beat the campaign and played a bit of MP. No issues with MP or SP.

I'm downloading it on Steam as we speak- I'll post impressions later.

Strange that I bought this- I haven't really gotten into a COD game since the original MW. I rented MW2 and didn't really vibe off it. Skipped WAW, Black Ops and MW3. Something about this one kind of appealed to me though- we'll see.

Nabs

Fantastic port, matchmaking is snappy, and the game modes are pretty damn fun.

MrDaravon

Okay, is anyone else who would consider themselves pretty good at previous CoD games getting completely and utterly fucking destroyed, or is it just me? I just went 6 and 11, and that is the best game I have had all day, and I just earned my first UAV in probably 8-10 games. What in the fucking shit am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm completely getting the drop on people, shooting them, they don't die and then they casually kill me, but it doesn't feel like lag or anything like that.

I usually run either SMG or AR, and I always carry a launcher to shoot down UAV's. I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I have never, ever been frustrated like this in a CoD game. Every game is the enemy team having 5 UAVs up and then me getting spawn killed because there is literally nothing I can do to not show up on radar since Ghost is level 55 now. I don't even know what fuck to do, I'm trying different SMG's (hip-firing and ADS) and AR's, and I am just getting fucking destroyed no matter what. Is there some secret combination of weapon and perks that I just don't know about or what? If everything wasn't running so smooth I would say it's lag, but I swear to God people kill me instantly but when I shoot them they never die.

I like how they went from the best unlocking system in BO1 to the worst in the series in BO2.

And by like I mean what the fuck Treyarch, at least give me a silencer.

Cudder

Does the game box indicate that Nuketown is included? Or is there going to be no clear distinction when first run copies are sold out?

paischtu

Neo Member
Played a few games. So much chaos, like the rest of the CODs after 1 & 2.. Back to Halo 4 it is! :D
Worst 60€ ever spent though, is it possible to get a refund now on Steam? :/

tatsuki

A word of advice, on ps3 while waiting in the lobby to begin a match DO NOT try and edit your emblem. It causes my PS3 to freeze every single time.

Edit: also, dat multiplayer menu music

Yea, I've also experienced something similar to this. It freezes for me when I'm viewing my or other players combat records after a match though.

Realyn

Okay, is anyone else who would consider themselves pretty good at previous CoD games getting completely and utterly fucking destroyed, or is it just me? I just went 6 and 11, and that is the best game I have had all day, and I just earned my first UAV in probably 8-10 games. What in the fucking shit am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm completely getting the drop on people, shooting them, they don't die and then they casually kill me, but it doesn't feel like lag or anything like that.

I usually run either SMG or AR, and I always carry a launcher to shoot down UAV's. I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I have never, ever been frustrated like this in a CoD game. Every game is the enemy team having 5 UAVs up and then me getting spawn killed because there is literally nothing I can do to not show up on radar since Ghost is level 55 now. I don't even know what fuck to do, I'm trying different SMG's (hip-firing and ADS) and AR's, and I am just getting fucking destroyed no matter what. Is there some secret combination of weapon and perks that I just don't know about or what? If everything wasn't running so smooth I would say it's lag, but I swear to God people kill me instantly but when I shoot them they never die.

My last CoD was MW1 on the Xbox. Bought BO2 for the PC now. But I'm not new to shooters on the PC. Played ALOT of CS and TF2. My first 2-3 hours were horrible aswell, but now I'm usually going something like 25-10 on Team Deathmach.

And I don't really understand your frustration. Have you tried other gamemodes or playing Hardcore? Most likely the other players have a better aim and know the maps better.

Edit: I really don't mean this in a badway, but get off your lag bandwagon. Won't make you enjoy the game more or make you aim better.

JimmyBoy

Yep. GTX560

I had this exact weird artifacting issue in League of Legends.
Downloaded MSI AFterburner and upped the voltage by just a tiny bit. Issue completely resolved.

From what i read, some 500 series cards came factory underclocked by a bit and certain games that use certain graphical effects can have this problem.

Give it a shot (but monitor your temps).

Weenerz

Banned
Played a few games. So much chaos, like the rest of the CODs after 1 & 2.. Back to Halo 4 it is! :D
Worst 60€ ever spent though, is it possible to get a refund now on Steam? :/

So.....you didn't like the last 4 Call of Duty games and you bought it anyways? How is this surprising? Did you not watch any gameplay videos or streams for the last year?

paischtu

Neo Member
So.....you didn't like the last 4 Call of Duty games and you bought it anyways?

It's the hype, man. It will always get you!
I do think it is fun, after a while but I don't have the time anymore. Also I'm getting old I guess, time to install Civ4 again!

ohlawd

Anyone here with the PS3 version, only play Domination and wanna party up? >_>

Man, I might as well just sign up on the the official CoD forums and try asking there? lol

aku:jiki

Which is why I loved playing Hardcore games back in Blops. UAV/spyplanes were more rare and you weren't constantly looking at your radar
Had nothing to do with hardcore/core, people were just less prone to equip the UAV in both MW2 and BO1. Then MW3 came along with the support streaks and mediocre players crippled themselves with too many easy UAVs, and now every CoD is just constant UAVs because people can't play without them anymore.

My theory anyway, but something in the community changed around MW3 and there's a shitload of UAV's in all games now.

I'm not the biggest COD player, (played mw3 for less than a month and dumped it, used to play blops HCHQ religiously until they took it out) but I'm digging regular KC, seems like a fun and easy way to level, no real lag but I am see leavers already as well as matchmaking throwing me into games that are completely lopsided and nearly over :/ (360 version). I'm kinda liking the new perk system as well, gives a little more variety. I'm currently still lvl 11 working with the mp7, locking launcher and have gotten pretty decent results so far.

Had nothing to do with hardcore/core, people were just less prone to equip the UAV in both MW2 and BO1. Then MW3 came along with the support streaks and mediocre players crippled themselves with too many easy UAVs, and now every CoD is just constant UAVs because people can't play without them anymore.

My theory anyway, but something in the community changed around MW3 and there's a shitload of UAV's in all games now.

Guess I'm part of the problem, I use UAVs whenever they're available (easy points haha). I didn't stick around on MW3 long enough to make a comment but its also possible that because people are still leveling up, the UAV is still the cheapest perk and people may just be saving those unlock points for later

Fistwell

Are your hits registering quickly. If I remember right the complaint about the last Treyarch COD was there always felt like their was lag.
Seems fine to me. Then again, I'm 1/2 drunk right now so whatever, YMMV etc.

On PC I have not had a single bug so far.

Seems solid and polished.
Yeah, it's sturdy. Rugged even.

Its not hard to shoot down. Hitbox is rather large. That might be a moot point tho seeing as how quickly they are to get back up.
It's also 1/2 the point of UAVs, getting the opposite team looking up while you creep up on their ass.

1) what platform?
2) stick with SMG, get on the nuketown map rotation, throw a suppressor on it, bumrush the opposite team,
3) make sure you have that one perk making you move fast or whatever, in group one, the one unlocked by default,
4) keep moving all the time, they'll have the hardest time hitting you,
5) hip fire,
6) dont be afraid to spray. Sloppy works.

And by like I mean what the fuck Treyarch, at least give me a silencer.
True. Lvl 12 on the default AR is kinda bs. Still that's probably only like an hour of fucking around.

Also, other guns let you unlock silencers much quicker. Check SMGs.

MrDaravon

My last CoD was MW1 on the Xbox. Bought BO2 for the PC now. But I'm not new to shooters on the PC. Played ALOT of CS and TF2. My first 2-3 hours were horrible aswell, but now I'm usually going something like 25-10 on Team Deathmach.

And I don't really understand your frustration. Have you tried other gamemodes or playing Hardcore? Most likely the other players have a better aim and know the maps better.

Edit: I really don't mean this in a badway, but get off your lag bandwagon. Won't make you enjoy the game more or make you aim better.

No, playing Ground War which is what I've always played. And it's NOT lagging, but that's what the damage dealt on the encounters feels like. I'll get a solid 6-8 bullets on a dude and he doesn't die, then he kills me in 1-2 bullets, and when I watch the killcam that's exactly what it shows on both sides. That's why I don't know if there's already just certain gun/perk combos that are already being taken advantage of or something. And killcams don't show you what weapon they're using by name, and I don't know the weapons by sight yet so I don't know if maybe I'm just using the wrong weapons or what.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that COD uses skill ranking to match players now?
You're probably being matched with more skillful players than before.

JB1981

sounds like well masked lag.

snack

Does this have four player split screen for zombies? Sorry, I've been asking this q for a while but no one has been answering... lol

Top Bottom