• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

alterno69

Banned
so ps3 version isn't blurry as the site image showed. wtf.
the panama city map looks good.
It is quite blurry, i don't even need to compare side by side, i bought MW3 for the 360 and played it not long ago, the difference in sharpness is pretty striking to me playing on a 55" tv. I will have to get used to it cause i'm not renewing live.

The livestream feature is dumb. Only allowed to use it in League Matches and something about having ten people looking at the stream page before it will go live? What is the point.

Servers are working fine for me here in Chicago. 360 version.

Although one guy in my party got kicked and couldn't get back in. I just logged off for a break and I hope I can get back online later.

DoomGyver

Servers are working fine for me here in Chicago. 360 version.

Although one guy in my party got kicked and couldn't get back in. I just logged off for a break and I hope I can get back online later.
I just left to get something to eat, return 5 minutes later and now cannot log in.

Fox Mulder

So about the strike team stuff in the campaign...

I failed one since I play on veteran and the game is saying I only have 2 campaign levels to do these. What happens if I don't?

Pandemic

Yo, quick question.

With the ''score streak'' I think it's called, do you just now need to get a specific score without dying, or can you die to unlock a feature?

Realyn

Has it allways been like this that Scavanger+Claymores kinda ruin FFA? I'm using it myself now against a bunch of <40 people and that's just stupid :(. With the Wildcard you can even place 2 Claymores all the time.

Messing with Theater Mode for the first time.

I LOVE that they have a bookmark option for games now. After a match, if I want to edit that video later, I just press a button and it's bookmarked for me to view later. When you go to that clip, it'll show the list of people who were in your party during that game.

Also noticed you can now fast forward by 6x. Past games it was only 4x I believe.

Speaking of clips, I recorded one just now of me killing someone by throwing a bouncing betty at them while they were climbing a ladder, haha. Gotta love hardcore.

Just unlocked the Assault Shield. Time to get that gold camo!

Really enjoying the game. Pick 10 is something that needs to be in every COD from now on.

Oh okay.. Got it, thanks.

Is it easier or more difficult this way?

I've been off the wagon since black ops so I suck either way, but it means that taking out UAVs or such, defending points, assists etc now all factor into the system instead of just kills. I like it much better.

Here I was expecting them to learn from Black Ops 1. Me and my friend went to the midnight launch last night and played until like 4 a.m. with no problems. I remember Blops 1 being virtually unplayable for the first week or so though.

Yo, this after-credits ending....
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

BO2 campaign was much better than the last few. I was actually getting bored of them, and only did MW3 because I just wanted to finish the Soap/Price story arc. This one was really good after a rocky, flashback filled start. The final few missions in particular are great.

GodofWine

So the servers being down is annoying, a bunch of us had started playing, do we know why yet?

Maybe a plug somewhere has come our or something, I guess I would understand if this was CoD1 or something, but as the like 9th main line game and like 5th big title of recent years they shouldn't be having these problems.

Yea, but you cant ever fully vet servers for a 1,000,000 User onslaught...never ever plan on taking off launch day to play. Not too many games survive day one unscratched.

That's why I'm playing hookie on Friday :) (plus double xp)

Touch

The only thing I'm actually liking so far is stripping everything from my character and running around knifing with 6 perks.

-Stranger-

It's cringeworthy how commercial this series has become.
I went into a department store earlier today and there was this massive display for BLACK OPS 2!!!!!1111 out the front.

I've been a COD player for quite a while now but when I play the Mercenary playlist, the game seems to be happening at a very fast pace. Like I spawn quick, kill quick, die quick?

This game is fast, I was even playing MW3 last weekend but this feels different.

Anyone else notice?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Treyarch once again snatches the crown of COD King. Played for a while with some friends earlier and the game just feels right.

I went into a department store earlier today and there was this massive display for BLACK OPS 2!!!!!1111 out the front.

You've chosen the wrong hobby if this kind of stuff bothers you.

Has it allways been like this that Scavanger+Claymores kinda ruin FFA? I'm using it myself now against a bunch of <40 people and that's just stupid :(. With the Wildcard you can even place 2 Claymores all the time.

Scavenger refills Claymores again? I'm happy about that. We need more counters to all the headless chickens.

Spookie

Initial thoughts on MP:

- I don't enjoy sitting here like a cunt waiting for MM to find me more players. I miss being able to hit connect and go. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes now remember this is the day after release.
- Maps FAR too small. It feels like they wanted everything to be as messy as nuketown. No more large plazas to snipe just tiny, cramped and horrible corridors to run down and spray.
- Weapons do too much damage, there isn't enough recoil and everything is too accurate. I can't believe I'm saying this but Battlefield 3 has better gunplay.
- 10 slots is a nice idea.
- Perks feel like a rock, paper sissors affair. Less overpowered than usual.
- Someone spawned THREE FEET BEHIND ME. Guess what happened. Yep shot in the back.
- As usual it turns in to who see whom first wins on the PC.
- That obsession with running about with a knife stabbing people instantly. It looks rediculous, it's moronic and if I could find players who do that I'd fire you in to the sun.

Now I can understand while this might appeal to some people. But I'm too old for this shit, I'd take a more methodical shooter or a skill based arena shooter (eg Tribes) anyday. Ugh, I shouldn't have bought it but couldn't resist picking it up for £25. I'm a sucker for deals but I'll be making a mental note never to buy another CoD.

eek5

I rather have this than a MP shooter where the community dies out after a month or you can only find matches on weekends or something.

I might just be able to do a 2-hour long video about how shitty game-design has gotten over the years with singleplayer games like this and BF3.

So un-immersive, so lazy, so uncreative etc.

I'm pretty sure that the campaign does deliver more creative elements later on when all the choice stuff starts to appear, but so far, so many times have I been shaking my head in pure apathy at all the inane moments when the game-designer just couldn't find a creative way of telling a story, and instead just mocapped someone from first-person and then made that into a first-person cutscene.

Like seriously, there's no reason other than just pure laziness that you make something as simple as 'walking up to the table and listen to the game-plan' into a scripted sequence where you have absolutely no control.

GAGH!

Multiple claymores via scavenger is back?! Fuck yes.

Top Bottom