• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Okay, so after numerous amounts of attempts to join a friend's lobby I just give up. I have no idea after so many COD's and a beta that there still seems to be plenty of online issues.

I think after I finish the campaign I'll trade this in for Fallout 4. Let the COD-cycle continue.

Is your NAT and his NAT open?

evilr

Banned
Is your NAT and his NAT open?

It says my NAT is moderate. Sometimes it says it is open. I am wired.

My friend can join my lobby and we can play multiplayer, but we cant play zombies. The "finding game" text disappears after about 10 seconds. I cant join his room or any of the rest of my friends.

It's a huge change from my daily dose of Rocket League which just works without fail.

I mean I'm pretty sure ita for clarity, so if you see them you know what character they are and what special ability they may have up. But i guess everyone wants their own unique dress up doll.

Im sorry but when you have a jumble of hooded chicks in a hallway and one suddenly takes out the entire team because it was actually an enemy you will notice the problem.

They couldn't even be bothered to give the characters good guy and bad guy variants?
or at least a different camo per side like ghosts(1 team has woodland for example the other has desert.)

It says my NAT is moderate. Sometimes it says it is open. I am wired.

My friend can join my lobby and we can play multiplayer, but we cant play zombies. The "finding game" text disappears after about 10 seconds. I cant join his room or any of the rest of my friends.

It's a huge change from my daily dose of Rocket League which just works without fail.

You need to open UDP port 3074. Had to do the same exact thing and now I'm golden.

t0rment

Okay, so after numerous amounts of attempts to join a friend's lobby I just give up. I have no idea after so many COD's and a beta that there still seems to be plenty of online issues.

I think after I finish the campaign I'll trade this in for Fallout 4. Let the COD-cycle continue.

are you on ps4? try to join trough the party chat.

Durden77

I gotta say, headshots not being insta-kill in AW was the most stupid thing ever.

Thank god Treyarch ditch that stupid ass idea.

I could've sworn that AW was not the first CoD to do this. Even in this one it seems like they're not always an instant kill.

Velikost

Somehow this feels worse than the Beta. This doesn't run in dedicated servers right (PS4)?

I'm getting the jump on enemies and still losing a ton of firefights; watching killcam looks way different. I'm gonna chalk it up to P2P

So did they do away with offline splitscreen for campaign and hobbies? I havnt downloaded the patch yet or gone online because im at my monthly data cap till tomorrow. I cant seem to figure out splitscreen for those two

Bishop89

Realistically, is this even noticeable in a game as fast paced as cod?

did you play AW?

It is very noticeable when you have clear shots to the head but they dont die, very irritating. I mean why bother aiming for the head if it aint going to be an insta-kill.

They fixed this thankfully in blops3, headshots galore :)

Also, COD IS BACK BABY! Loving all these killstreaks im getting and these High kill/low death games im having.

FUCK AW.

Spent 13 hours playing this with my family today. Just running custom games etc. Haven't spent this much time in a game in one day in years.

Thumbs up so far!

So for a guy who has just bought this on PS4 and it's my first CoD game ever... how should I ease myself into Multiplayer?

Some concerns I have

- People will kick me due to having a low K/D ratio
- I don't know what Prestiging is but I think it's something like New Game +. I'm not sure what I gain from it and when I need to do it.
- Ditto for prestiging Weapons.
- Should I play campaign first, and zombies?
- just in general is there any hints, tips, or even a decent "ten things CoD players should know before jumping online!" article or youtube :(

James93

Somehow this feels worse than the Beta. This doesn't run in dedicated servers right (PS4)?

I'm getting the jump on enemies and still losing a ton of firefights; watching killcam looks way different. I'm gonna chalk it up to P2P

Its p2p, plus flinch seems to just randomly throw your aim in a direction.

James93

So for a guy who has just bought this on PS4 and it's my first CoD game ever... how should I ease myself into Multiplayer?

Some concerns I have

- I don't know what Prestiging is but I think it's something like New Game +. I'm not sure what I gain from it and when I need to do it.
- just in general is there any hints, tips, or even a decent "ten things CoD players should know before jumping online!" article or youtube :(
Its cod. Its pretty much as low as barrier to entry there is. People can't kick you from mp. Just get in there and play

kris.

Banned

Some concerns I have

You can't be kicked for having a low K/D, players don't control servers so you have nothing to worry about there. I'd campaign a little just to get a feel for the controls/weapons and then jump headfirst into multiplayer. Pick a weapon and stick with it for a few rounds. And don't even worry about prestiging.

sTiTcH AU

Some concerns I have

You won't/can't be kicked for a low KD ratio.
Prestige is basically just reset your level/unlocks and you progress to level 55 again with a new symbol next to your level number. Cant remember what weapon prestige gave you.
Campaign is batshit crazy in terms of story and was pretty terrible, its not essential. Zombies is a lot of fun but better with other players.
I dont have any real tips. Just practice and remember you dont have to win every single match, don't be a quitter.

EekTheKat

I thought the fights in the campaign have been pretty interesting so far. Bumped into a couple of instances where the AI breaks, but for the most part I found the actual fights to be fairly fun to play through in a relatively large area to play in.

drotahorror

This ones up there with the worst CoD's (AW, MW3 and Ghosts). Love how the community can just ruin a game. Same old shit every year, people scared they're gonna die in real life if they do in game. Playing like their life depends on it.

Some concerns I have

Not a COD pro by any means, but I find the campaign is always a good way to get a feel for the way the game controls before heading to online. Zombies is a more co-operative mode, and multiplayer is more Competative... They are different beasts, so pick your poison.

RedAssedApe

Banned
^ i dunno how well campaign will prepare you for online. theres the whole ads snapping thing that throws me off hah. i kind of feel like you just have to get your feet wet. right now is the perfect time because launch and christmas time is all new players mixed in with the vets. so hopefully it won't be too rough for him

re: black market

doh...thought the attachment variants would be more than cosmestic. seems kind of a waste of time. guess ill wait til 30 cryptograms before i redeem.

jadedm17

This ones up there with the worst CoD's (AW, MW3 and Ghosts). Love how the community can just ruin a game. Same old shit every year, people scared they're gonna die in real life if they do in game. Playing like their life depends on it.

What? Are you upset they're using tactics and not running aimlessly for you to kill them?
What is it you're trying to say?

I think the servers are full today and it started connecting p2p. I had rock solid connections Thursday and Friday but today I have had 3 host migrations and people who melt me after I get multiple hit markers.

Is it me or is the lobby/party system broken? I have to deal with it over an hour to finally get into a match with connection issues and 100+ ping.

Bishop89

as opposed to playing like a headless chicken like you're in some major league gaming competition?

Camping is a legitimate strategy and ppl need to get over it. Dont like it, find ways to beat them, its not that hard at all.

Falchion

For some reason the objective based modes in this one aren't doing it for me. I wish they'd bring back Headquarters.

Dr.Cornwallis

Neo Member
I think COD gets a unfair rep from most of the gaming community. If people would take it for what it is I think people would lighten up on the series.

as opposed to playing like a headless chicken in some major league gaming competition?

Camping is a legitimate strategy and ppl need to get over it. Dont like it, find ways to beat them, its not that hard at all.

It is legitimate like the Patriots' ineligible receiver plays. Dudes who lay prone and hide in corners are a major nuisance. It's funny cause they usually end up doing awful too.

PSYGN

as opposed to playing like a headless chicken in some major league gaming competition?

It ain't easy being cheesy.

Yoday

Pretty disappointed in this one so far. The campaign doesn't run great, and it looks worse than AW, which kind of boggles my mind. Im playing on XB1 where it can look downright ugly at times with the dynamic resolution, and I dont typically care about reaolution very much. The dialog and voice acting are also some of the worst I have heard in a AAA release in a long time.

Top Bottom