• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

BigBlue1974 said:
That's *NOT* a tip, it's a glitch and wasn't intended. Hey guys, I got a couple tips on how to get multiple care drops as well as how to hide in rocks so nobody can shoot you.

Considering people have already linked youtube tutorial videos for both of those glitches in this thread, I'm not going to feel guilty about relaying another glitch, plus I thought this one was actually pretty cool, much more interesting than getting under the map or getting infinite crates. But sorry if I have offended you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Johnlenham said:
Noob tubes allowed though because IW want me too for mastery:lol
I can be a real prick and use it with scavenger/ explosive damage on places like Terminal and ruin teams that your get massive amounts of abuse when the match ends, even better when the last kill is my slowmotion launched nade :lol

Fucking hate you. :lol

Pyke Presco said:
Considering people have already linked youtube tutorial videos for both of those glitches in this thread, I'm not going to feel guilty about relaying another glitch, plus I thought this one was actually pretty cool, much more interesting than getting under the map or getting infinite crates. But sorry if I have offended you.

Seriously, don't be. It's not a glitch at all. You're supposed to be moving faster with the care package grenade. And you're giving up several things for the ability to move faster. 1) you don't get to actually USE your carepackage, 2) you can't switch to anything fast enough to shoot and 3) you have to switch in order to KNIFE, which requires some dexterity, espeially if you come across someone around corners.

Sushen

blame space said:
:lol :lol "lack of teamwork" ruining this game for you. did you play COD4?
Believe or not, team that is well coordinated wins most matches. I'm not talking about dumb bunch who clustered together not knowing what to do, but rather ones that are communicating tightly with each other and covering each other's back. Well managed team leaves no room for flankers and wipe the floor over and over; very satisfying.

For the people having trouble with Campers. Use a powerful gun like Famas or Aug ,with blinged FMJ and Heartbeat sensor. Combine with Stopping Power Pro perk. Shoot through the walls, and grenade in advance just in case they have ninja, you will learn the popular camping spots after awhile and you can avoid blindly running into a death trap. Problem solved, now see you online!!!

And if they get you. Make sure you go collect your Payback/Revenge XP as soon as you spawn.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wildstar75 said:
For the people having trouble with Campers. Use a powerful gun like Famas or Aug ,with blinged FMJ and Heartbeat sensor. Combine with Stopping Power Pro perk. Shoot through the walls, and grenade in advance just in case they have ninja, you will learn the popular camping spots after awhile and you can avoid blindly running into a death trap. Problem solved, now see you online!!!

Isn't the FAMAS one of the weakest guns in the game? I mean, everything dies with a few bullets anyway, but by comparison to the other Assault Rifles I think it's considerably weaker.

GuardianE said:
Fucking hate you. :lol

Seriously, don't be. It's not a glitch at all. You're supposed to be moving faster with the care package grenade. And you're giving up several things for the ability to move faster. 1) you don't get to actually USE your carepackage, 2) you can't switch to anything fast enough to shoot and 3) you have to switch in order to KNIFE, which requires some dexterity, espeially if you come across someone around corners.

True, I only used it in a couple rounds and mostly just for booking it from one end of wasteland or derail to the other. But I can definitely see it being broken in things like CTF, where people literally cannot catch you no matter what they do. And I think it probably is a glitch, but like I said, cooler than the other ones, at least in my opinion.

Hmm, you are right. Nix the FAMAS for something stronger. Still I was able to get 40 kills through wall challenge with that weapon. I was eating campers for breakfast.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Pyke Presco said:
True, I only used it in a couple rounds and mostly just for booking it from one end of wasteland or derail to the other. But I can definitely see it being broken in things like CTF, where people literally cannot catch you no matter what they do. And I think it probably is a glitch, but like I said, cooler than the other ones, at least in my opinion.

I stand by my opinion that it's just a clever use of the carepackage grenade. I'd never thought of it before, but it's very resourceful. A glitch implies that it actually breaks the physical laws of the game, which it does not. Being able to hide inside of rocks should not be physically possible in the game.

Rainy Dog

GuardianE said:
Isn't the FAMAS one of the weakest guns in the game? I mean, everything dies with a few bullets anyway, but by comparison to the other Assault Rifles I think it's considerably weaker.

Nope. The in game damage bars are nonsense. It has the same power as the M16 but with an even tighter bullet spread and faster burst, but a slightly longer delay between bursts and slower reload.

johnFkennedy said:
Any tips for getting less than 30 seconds in the pit? My best time is 31.45 : (

UMP45 with Holo Sight. Make sure to tap single shots, you will never have to reload the whole pit. There are a few two for one shots you can line up as well. It is all about accuracy bonus.

Sushen said:
Believe or not, team that is well coordinated wins most matches. I'm not talking about dumb bunch who clustered together not knowing what to do, but rather ones that are communicating tightly with each other and covering each other's back. Well managed team leaves no room for flankers and wipe the floor over and over; very satisfying.
I never said this wasn't the case.

Pyke Presco said:
I'm not offended, just wanted to clarify that to me it's a glitch(I guess in my opinion) not a tip is all. I've actually only read about it, never seen it in play so I'm not even sure how much faster it actually is than just doing a Marathon/Lightweight combo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Rainy Dog said:
Nope. The in game damage bars are nonsense. It has the same power as the M16 but with an even tighter bullet spread and faster burst, but a slightly longer delay between bursts and slower reload.

Well, it could fundamentally be the same bullet power (because it takes the same number of bullets to kill a person), but have a different actual bullet power (the numerical value assigned to each bullet). Like I said, everything dies in a few bullets anyway. If a gun does 35 damage per bullet vs. 40 damage per bullet and had a three round burst, you wouldn't notice a difference unless Stopping Power were equipped. The only way to be sure is to actually test it in a game (with/without Stopping Power, with/without silencer, long distance vs short distance).

As long as you know the damage boost/reduction percentages, you can get a rough estimate as to how powerful a gun is.

This game cracks me up on a consistent basis.

So my buddies all decide since we're playing with a guy named Meester Roboto that we should all change our clan tag to DOMO. :lol Well, anyway, we never take our playing too seriously, but when people see 6 or 7 guys with a clan tag, they start to get hostile, or sometimes anyway.

So one guy decides he's sick of getting bitched by our side and starts talking trash about how he's often posting scores better than the scores on our winning side, and about how "you'll never see me go negative like your garbage teammates" etc. etc. So the next TDM level is Favela and we just lay the f'ing pipe 'cause we're pissed at this loser. None of their side posted a positive score that round. This particular whiner went 8 and 8, the only player without a negative score, and then probably went and hid so that he could say he at least stayed even, unlike some of the losers on our team. :lol

What amazes me is the propensity to shit-talk, even when your side just SUCKS and is losing 80%+ of your games. Funny though to think that some idiot is busy stomping around mom's basement in Oklahoma City, shouting at his TV about a lost MW2 match. :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DeuceMojo said:
What amazes me is the propensity to shit-talk, even when your side just SUCKS and is losing 80%+ of your games. Funny though to think that some idiot is busy stomping around mom's basement in Oklahoma City, shouting at his TV about a lost MW2 match. :D

See, that's why I kinda like the CoD approach to multiplayer. Even if our team loses, as long as I contributed I'm rewarded. If the game ends, and we lose, I look at the score and see that I had a very positive k/d ratio, I know I had a good run. There's a split second where I'll so, "Wha- we lost?" but after that I shrug seeing as how I managed to do well individually despite my team. It's still a "win" for me because I don't care at all about win/loss ratios.

Same goes for if we win and I was a liability to the team. It's not a win for me in my mind if I made winning the game harder for my team.

GuardianE said:
Same goes for if we win and I was a liability to the team. It's not a win for me in my mind if I made winning the game harder for my team.
I was running around Afghan (my least-favorite map of all time) and trying to climb up from 2 and 4, and my teammate says "go hide." :lol Prick.

Hyunkel6

Lately, the game seems to take foreover to load during the map loading screen. It gets stuck on "Waiting for other players..." or "Setting up game...". The only way to quit is to return to dashboard. Very annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DeuceMojo said:
I was running around Afghan (my least-favorite map of all time) and trying to climb up from 2 and 4, and my teammate says "go hide." :lol Prick.

:lol He really was a prick if he said that at 2-4. I've gone from a 2-4 to being mvp with fewest deaths, highest killstreak, most kills. Sometimes you just start out bad. Things can change drastically with momentum.

That's why I mute people I don't know.

Dot50Cal said:
I keep running into games where people are using that infinite supply drop exploit :( Dude used it to get 5 stealth bomber runs in a row. It was horrible.

A question for those further down the Assault Rifle line. How does the ACR (and the AK) stack up against the SCAR? Ignore the fact that it has crap ammo. I'm speaking strictly on aiming and rate of fire. I was all hyped up for the M16, but my hopes were crushed when it turned out to be burst fire. Now I have eight more levels before the ACR is unlocked, and god knows how many for the AK.
The ACR and the M16 are both far, far better than the Scar.

Hyunkel6 said:
Lately, the game seems to take foreover to load during the map loading screen. It gets stuck on "Waiting for other players..." or "Setting up game...". The only way to quit is to return to dashboard. Very annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?
Speaking from the Xbox Live camp, I'll have to say I've experienced lag in probably 2% of games, never seen loading issues (except dropping party members sometimes on the way into a room, but what else is new?) and I've only been dropped from a game twice in well over 150 matches.

I would have to say, the matchmaking and host migration is better than before, with the possible exception of some gametypes like Team Deathmatch Express, which never fills up, and the noticeable lack of some gametypes (hardcore probably should've been expanded to other game types.)

Sushen

GuardianE said:
Sometimes it blows my mind that some people just charge onto their death over and over. It's really annoying to see a dude with 3-15 when we lose 7200-7500 in TDM. Usually, even if there is a really good player on the other side, if none of the team members go too deep into negative, we can win the match.

DeuceMojo said:
People chat shit when the winning and losing it cracks me up.

"yo fucking suck blud, your shit ,fucking noobs. Cant even aim fucking spraying noobs"
"Er dude we just kicked your ass and you didnt even go positive"
followed by a few of my mates saying in an american accent
"Gawdd cant even go pooositiveeeee"
another mate saying "well guess he can aim better than you going off your kill score:lol"

He carrys on calling us noobs then we kick their ass again and he rage quits in silence :lol

Got this yesterday from the mail (FINALLY!) and been playing for like 7 hours. First game I have been really hooked into in a LONG time... last time this happened was with MGS4.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dax01 said:
The ACR and the M16 are both far, far better than the Scar.

Explain.

Johnlenham said:
People chat shit when the winning and losing it cracks me up.

"yo fucking suck blud, your shit ,fucking noobs. Cant even aim fucking spraying noobs"
"Er dude we just kicked your ass and you didnt even go positive"
followed by a few of my mates saying in an american accent
"Gawdd cant even go pooositiveeeee"
another mate saying "well guess he can aim better than you going off your kill score:lol"

He carrys on calling us noobs then we kick their ass again and he rage quits in silence :lol

I find this kinda fascinating. I want to hear someone mocking in a fake American accent, just for the novelty of hearing what it sounds like.

28h3k3n.jpg

Alright man, if you've never heard LCD Soundsystem doing "Daft Punk is Playing at my House," you really must. It really is the best song about Daft Punk that's not actually by Daft Punk. Woo-hoo! North Americans!

I don't know what it is about Call of Duty that brings out the Guidos, wiggas and rednecks, but it's amazing how

A) Xbox Live is exceedingly racist -- Modern Warfare twice so

B) You're about 100% guaranteed to have an annoying stoner, dim-witted loudmouth toughguy, extremely annoying middle school/high school nerd -- or all three -- on one of the teams at all times.

It's almost a relief to hear guys speaking French, 'cause then if they're really annoying, you won't even know about it. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Full Recovery said:
I'm one of the assholes running around with akimbo 1887's with a riot shield on my back. :lol

Feels good man.

And you're on PS3... while I'm still slumming it on the 360. Now I'm never switching sides ;)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dax01 said:
What explaining is there to do? It's fact.

I'm talking damage output, accuracy, firing rate tests. I don't see any fact, considering that the gauges are wrong. I see plenty of speculation, though.

Quick unscientific poll:

Who here is going to (or has) do prestige mode at least a few times?

Every time I think of not doing it, I think, "what's the point? To rank up over a matter of hours and then spend hundreds of hours at the same rank is weak."

itsgreen

DeuceMojo said:
Quick unscientific poll:

Every time I think of not doing it, I think, "what's the point? To rank up over a matter of hours and then spend hundreds of hours at the same rank is weak."

No... too much hassle, too little reward

DeuceMojo said:
Quick unscientific poll:

Absolutely, I got my gold cross in MW, and I'm 4 levels from second prestige right now. I figure I'll go to 8, as thats the symbol I like the best (Gold cross with crossed swords and a big ruby in the middle).

Dot50Cal [B said:
A question for those further down the Assault Rifle line.[/B] How does the ACR (and the AK) stack up against the SCAR? Ignore the fact that it has crap ammo. I'm speaking strictly on aiming and rate of fire. I was all hyped up for the M16, but my hopes were crushed when it turned out to be burst fire. Now I have eight more levels before the ACR is unlocked, and god knows how many for the AK.

I mainly try to sneak around the enemy and take them all out with a silencer attached. Surprisingly, I'm doing much better with the silencer than I would have anticipated. It seems most of the deaths I used to get were from taking a guy out, and having his buddy who was nearby seeing my dot on his radar from the noise.

The ACR is my 2nd favorite assault rifle next to the M16. You either love or you hate the burst fire of the M16, and I love it and thank god because the M16 is fucking powerful. Either way, the ACR is very steady and very accurate. Pop a red dot on it and you should be good. And for the record I never liked the AK and I still dont like it.

You'll prob love the ACR. :D

DeuceMojo said:
Quick unscientific poll:

No.

GuardianE said:
I'm talking damage output, accuracy, firing rate tests. I don't see any fact, considering that the gauges are wrong. I see plenty of speculation, though.
Suuurrrreeeee.

Ganhyun

I just love going into games with friends and we will be talking in the lobby and idiots will go off on me because I have a southern accent. I get called anything from:

fucking redneck
to goat fucking hillbilly trash
and worse

I just mute the idiots and keep on going 20-5 or better.

Minamu

DeuceMojo said:
This game cracks me up on a consistent basis.

So my buddies all decide since we're playing with a guy named Meester Roboto that we should all change our clan tag to DOMO. :lol Well, anyway, we never take our playing too seriously, but when people see 6 or 7 guys with a clan tag, they start to get hostile, or sometimes anyway.

So one guy decides he's sick of getting bitched by our side and starts talking trash about how he's often posting scores better than the scores on our winning side, and about how "you'll never see me go negative like your garbage teammates" etc. etc. So the next TDM level is Favela and we just lay the f'ing pipe 'cause we're pissed at this loser. None of their side posted a positive score that round. This particular whiner went 8 and 8, the only player without a negative score, and then probably went and hid so that he could say he at least stayed even, unlike some of the losers on our team. :lol

As humorous as that may have been, imho, it's a pretty good argument why we need to get Party Chat back ASAP. God, I love my Friends Only setting so everyone get's auto muted :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Quick unscientific poll:

I already prestiged(1st prestige level 39 I believe), and I prestiged to level 10 in the last one as well. At least they give you extra stuff this time around to entice people like custom slots and prestige challenges. Keep in mind that when you do prestige it will most likely be much faster to prestige the 2nd time since there are way more challenges to do now. More titles, emblems, etc as well.

I also prestige because I get bored sitting at the top level, I like to challenge myself and redo everything.

jergrah

Im sure this is already answered somewhere in this long thread - so apologies for bringing it up again.....but, what is the best way to go after guys with the Riot Shields? Other than trying to sneak around behind them?

I just hit Level 17 last night and am starting to be in the top half of the contributors on my team pretty regularly, but I still have a lot of issues with the guys who use the Riot Shield. Last night after unleashing a full clip from my M4 into his shield, I swapped to my bazooka that I typically use to take down UAVs or Helicopters and shot the dude with that :) It worked (and felt good to bring him down!), but that cant be the most effective way.

HooCares

Neo Member
Dax01 said:
Suuurrrreeeee.

What's so outrageous about wanting hard data on the guns? I'm sure numerous sites have done it by now. Guys on Den Kirkson's site have yielded the following results already:

Comparing AR's only.

Accuracy
Scar 2nd Among Full Auto's
M16 2nd Among Burst Fire
ACR 1st Among Full Auto's

Damage
Scar 40-30
M16 40-30
ACR 30-20

Fire Rate

Scar Lowest Among Full Auto's
M16 2nd Among Burst Fire
ACR 2nd Among Full Auto's

jergrah said:
Im sure this is already answered somewhere in this long thread - so apologies for bringing it up again.....but, what is the best way to go after guys with the Riot Shields? Other than trying to sneak around behind them?

I just hit Level 17 last night and am starting to be in the top half of the contributors on my team pretty regularly, but I still have a lot of issues with the guys who use the Riot Shield. Last night after unleashing a full clip from my M4 into his shield, I swapped to my bazooka that I typically use to take down UAVs or Helicopters and shot the dude with that :) It worked (and felt good to bring him down!), but that cant be the most effective way.

Stun or flash if you run out of regular grenades and then blow them away with your primary when they raise their arms up. Stickies work great as do rockets.

HooCares

Neo Member
Dax01 said:
What's so outrageous about being sarcastic (hint: the "sure" was sarcasm)? It's all preference in the end.

Apologies for missing the sarcasm.

The most interest gun comparison for me is TAR vs SCAR.

Both do the same damage. The SCAR is more accurate, but the TAR has a greater Rate of Fire and greater magazine capacity.

mbmonk

HooCares said:
What's so outrageous about wanting hard data on the guns? I'm sure numerous sites have done it by now. Guys on Den Kirkson's site have yielded the following results already:

Comparing AR's only.

May I have a link for that data? I can't seem to find it.

Also can anyone name some quality MW websites?

Thanks.

HooCares said:
Apologies for missing the sarcasm.

The most interest gun comparison for me is TAR vs SCAR.

Both do the same damage. The SCAR is more accurate, but the TAR has a greater Rate of Fire and greater magazine capacity.
I used the Tar for awhile, then for whatever reason I switched to the M4A1 (probably for XP points) and haven't used it since. Probably because I use the M16, ACR, and the M4 now.

The TAR's a solid weapon though.

Top Bottom