• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DoomGyver

My terrorist class

ak47 w/ m203
RPG x2
frag/flash x2
Scavenger
cold blooded
ninja

pisses people off so much in Terminal. Rocket triple kill makes me lol.

Tkawsome said:
Wow, the regular grenades are just awful. Even with danger close they're weak as hell.
They sure fucked up my favorite pastime of thinking up interesting bank shots for cooked grenades. It's not fair they took Three Frags away.

DeuceMojo said:
They sure fucked up my favorite pastime of thinking up interesting bank shots for cooked grenades. It's not fair they took Three Frags away.

I was trying to get the master chef challenge and it took almost four matches to get five kills with them. Almost every throw would just wound them a little bit. I loved thinking of clever ways to throw grenades into buildings too but after this challange I doubt I'll use them again.

DeuceMojo said:

3 semtex would be way overpowered.
3 spawn insertions? just weird. It oculd really only work specifically for Frags only.

Cday

Banned
Dax01 said:
What? Veteran in MW2 is far easier than it was in CoD4.

MW2 is nowhere near as "infuriatingly impossible" as it was in CoD4.

Impossible as in impossible not to die 10 times in one spot. Frustrating as in trial & error is not fun.

DevelopmentArrested said:
I agree with Dax (!).. MW2 is twice as easy as CoD4 on Vet.

Spec Ops on the other hand.. them last 3 missions on Vet. holy fuck
I love Spec Ops. Best co-op idea ever. And on veteran, very very fun.

Mileena

Banned
Akimbo 1887s are so fucking broken. Though I will continue to use them because people still whore the fuck out of noob tube and commando.

One Man Army effectively breaks the game.
Unlimited claymores, ammo, noobtubes = so so cheap.
And I use it too. The fact that you can change classes more than once a life is kind of ridiculous.
I'm not crying because again I use it.. I think it's great!
6 man team with OMA = 12 claymores on the map at any given time.

And I use it too. The fact that you can change classes more than once a life is kind of ridiculous.

The man with claymores and scavenger could effectively mine an entire building.

PhatSaqs

Banned

Sitrep?

I have two favorites

For nukes getting and just lots of kills on small-medium maps

TAR - Silencer
Striker - Silencer

Scavenger pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

and for pissing people off

ACR - Toob

One Man Army Pro
Danger Close Pro
Ninja Pro

oh yeah cant forget

RPD - Grip/FMJ
Stinger

Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

DoomGyver

Not true. 2 claymores on ground per person is maximum no matter the perk used.

no one takes sitrep over ninja in hardcore tdm
It's bad enough with scavenger. Hold up in a building with no more than two exits. Put a claymore down and when an enemy trips it and dies, run over his body and pick up a new claymore. Place that claymore in the exact spot. 50% of the time that same dude is going to come back for revenge and assume there are now no more claymore and runs right in. BOOM. Rinse and repeat.

I was surprised at how many people just came back to die every time. I was laughing my ass off.

Rawk Hawk

Anyone install this to their HDD? Been thinking about doing it, but I feel like I read somewhere that online games like this don't run well off the HDD.

Griffith

Banned
So glad to hear HC HQ is back, it was my favourite mode from COD4. Now they just need a local search, and I will be back into this full swing.

Rawk Hawk said:
Anyone install this to their HDD? Been thinking about doing it, but I feel like I read somewhere that online games like this don't run well off the HDD.
I rarely if ever play a game off the disc anymore.

I think it was Bungie who was advising against using the HD for Halo 3, saying it would run slower.

So it seems a majority of the people I face are pinball ninjas.
Zipping around the map with all speed perks and commando, disgusting.

Running straight at you as you unload a clip into theyre chest only to have
them stab you.

No FPS developer has ever seemed to fix this and MW2 caters to it...
Heres an idea..
Bullets in chest/face stop forward momentum. Hell I think any
bullet damage should give speed penaltys.

Rawk Hawk

xDangerboy said:
runs fine and the maps load faster

DeuceMojo said:
I rarely if ever play a game off the disc anymore.

I think it was Bungie who was advising against using the HD for Halo 3, saying it would run slower.

Awesome thanks, will install it. I knew I remembered hearing something about it, but I read some much stuff anymore it's hard to remember where or what about it was. :lol

Pkm said:

them stab you.

Heres an idea..

KNIFER fucking NOOB
TOOBS fucking NOOB
CAMPING fucking NOOB

blah blah blah

Pkm said:
Disgusting? The code of conduct I follow has about one rule: don't steal a teammate's care package. As far as using the features of the game to outrun/outgun the competition, well, isn't that what it's all about?

Rawk Hawk

Pkm said:

them stab you.

Heres an idea..

Bullets to the chest/face? Wouldn't that kill them, especially the face one?

I may get upset with the game, but never shot someone in the face and not got the kill unless there was some super lag that closed the room soon after.

cresto

Honestly, this game sucks unless you have a team of people you know. Getting matched up with randoms vesus a few friends always end up badly for me. It doesn't have anything to do with my skill level, just the fact that I can't rely on the rest of my teammates in gametypes that require teamwork. People don't get it when playing something like domination and that drives me crazy!

R2D4

Banned
Pkm said:

them stab you.

Heres an idea..

Isn't it awesome? That's how I get so many kills.

If it's in the game then don't bitch about it. Nothings fair about war.

ergo said:
Honestly, this game sucks unless you have a team of people you know. Getting matched up with randoms vesus a few friends always end up badly for me. It doesn't have anything to do with my skill level, just the fact that I can't rely on the rest of my teammates in gametypes that require teamwork. People don't get it when playing something like domination and that drives me crazy!
what multiplayer game doesn't suck with strangers?

minx

andycapps said:
Yeah, that's pretty much it. The P90 seems absolutely horrible at range now and pretty decent in close quarters. Like I said, the silencer probably brings the recoil to reasonable levels, but then it's cutting the range and damage down quite a bit... Seems like with what I've unlocked so far, the MP5 and Vector are the way to go for a submachine gun class. Since I've basically maxed out the Vector, will probably go with MP5 for now, if I do sub. May just go for SCAR until some new weapons open up to me.
They have definately nerfed the P90 compared to COD4. Has much more recoil now, even with the silencer. The maps are also much larger this time around and SMG's are no longer as useful. I only use my P90 setup on a select few maps.

I understand it is and Im cool with outgunning and being more evasive with speed, but Im sure we have all seen it in about every FPS were since it takes a good amount of bullets to kill a person people will run head first into fire and sustain massive damage. I remember in BF2 the trick was Run-Dive-Knife, basically a lounging knife attack as your chest filled up with bullets.
CoD just escalates this movement perks, now the knifer is like the flash streaking right at you as well as having an enhanced knife range..thats not silly?

Like I said maybe its just me encountering these guys. They all seem to be going with a Marathon+Lightweight+Commando perk set up while hip firing a Sub and dueling Shotty's.
At this rate the should just really institute bunny hopping and dolphin diving.

Hey to each his own, Im a Hardcore player so I dont have a full grasp on Softcore.

Also the hitboxes/hit detection, I have to ask, is it broken or are the kill cams off??
99% of the time I watch kill cam a majority of shots that display hits are 2-3 feet to the left or right of the player at times. Just last night while watching final kill replays my jaw dropped at how some people died. With how laughable the hit detection looks in the replays I wouldnt have implamented a kill cam feature, Id try to hide it.
I had me thinking maybe thats the issue were 99% of the time you die after you get around a corner?

Like I said tho Im just getting used to Softcore and only really play HC so Im not used to people pinballing or it taking mutiple shots to down a person

cresto

what multiplayer game doesn't suck with strangers?
True. I can play games like BF:BC without having to deal with such frustration because that game doesnt necessarily require teamwork to get shit done. It just gets frustrating is all.

Pkm said:
I understand it is and Im cool with outgunning and being more evasive with speed, but Im sure we have all seen it in about every FPS were since it takes a good amount of bullets to kill a person people will run head first into fire and sustain massive damage. I remember in BF2 the trick was Run-Dive-Knife, basically a lounging knife attack as your chest filled up with bullets.
CoD just escalates this movement perks, now the knifer is like the flash streaking right at you as well as having an enhanced knife range..thats not silly?

Like I said maybe its just me encountering these guys. They all seem to be going with a Marathon+Lightweight+Commando perk set up while hip firing a Sub and dueling Shotty's.

Hey to each his own, Im a Hardcore player so I dont have a full grasp on Softcore.

Also the hitboxes/hit detection, I have to ask, is it broken or are the kill cams off??
99% of the time I watch kill cam a majority of shots that display hits are 2-3 feet to the left or right of the player at times. Just last night while watching final kill replays my jaw dropped at how some people died. With how laughable the hit detection looks in the replays I wouldnt have implamented a kill cam feature, Id try to hide it.
I had me thinking maybe thats the issue were 99% of the time you die after you get around a corner?

Like I said tho Im just getting used to Softcore and only really play HC so Im not used to people pinballing or it taking mutiple shots to down a person

go back to hardcore??? or use stopping power + FMJ in softcore??

DMeisterJ

Banned
Any other PS3 owner notice that this game has Cross-Game Invites? Receiving invites from the XMB is nothing new, but usually you have to be in the game's MP mode to accept said request, but with MW2 you can be in the XMB or another game/app and so long as the game is in, it will boot the game right to the lobby of your friend.

That's awesome, and I comment IW for it given how they couldn't even be arsed to add rumble support to MW1.

I don't think we'll ever see a system wide CGI system, but I do think it will be mandatory like Trophies and Rumble in the near future since it really works well.

Pkm said:

So basically you only play the realism mod version of the game, and now you complain that the non realism modes are unrealistic. Thats like playing Halo and saying the regular playlists are broken because it doesnt play like SWAT. The game is meant to play differently between regular and hardcore, and since you can still play hardcore playlists of TDM, S/D and now HQ, why not just stick with those?

Shawsie64 said:
I agree. People complain about everything
I hate to come off as a complainer, I just find it silly.
Like I said I'm just now adapting to softcore since most of my
mates need the HUD/Ability to eat bullets/Killcam.

I just think after so many FPS's someone would add in a damage speed
penalty. It be nice if shots made a targets abilty to evade or escape
decrease or at least have bullets drastically effect forward rushing
momentum.

Cday said:
Glad
pissed off
to see veteran is as infuriatingly impossible as ever.

I was actually pissed that veteran was WAY too easy this time around. No challenge whatsoever.

Although, the later Spec Ops mission on veteran I feel is the NEW veteran challenge.

DoomGyver

Pkm said:

momentum.
Gears 2, Uncharted 2 both do this, although they are TPS.

Pkm said:

momentum.

If they're running at you, why not throw a semtex at them at stick it on them, or alternatively - enable commando and knife them before they knife you...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I am horrible at this game. I don't remember being this bad at cod4. In fact I remember having a +1 K/D ratio in cod4.

Dudes I'm lucky to get 10 kills while dying close to 20 times. I haven't even seen my over 3 killstreak perks. I hate whining like a bitch but fuck man.... I've played for close to 5 hours online. I don't know the maps as well as I should/could yet so hopefully I'll have an epiphany and soon.

So discouraged.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
RbBrdMan said:
I am horrible at this game. I don't remember being this bad at cod4. In fact I remember having a +1 K/D ratio in cod4.

Dudes I'm lucky to get 10 kills while dying close to 20 times. I haven't even seen my over 3 killstreak perks. I hate whining like a bitch but fuck man.... I've played for close to 5 hours online. I don't know the maps as well as I should/could yet so hopefully I'll have an epiphany and soon.

So discouraged.

I hear ya. I moved to objective based games and got alot more out of it. That way I can contribute (and get points) in a different way.

DoomGyver

RbBrdMan said:

So discouraged.
Camp. Find a choke point and camp. Once you learn the maps move from choke point to choke point and camp. Use coldblooded and ninja with the gun of your choice and a silencer.

Top Bottom