• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

mentalfloss said:
Doesn't seem like much difference between either version, but I'll be waiting for the Digital Foundry comparison anyway before I buy.
They haven't shown the PS3 version yet so how would you know?

chapel

Banned
MrCompletely said:
I'm pretty Sure the streaks carried over between rounds in cod4 as well.
They don't but the rewards do.

Not sure if I like it or not, though it kinda does make sense due to how S&D works. It isn't like you are dying between rounds, and there are only so many people to kill in a round.

chapel said:
They don't but the rewards do.

Not sure if I like it or not, though it kinda does make sense due to how S&D works. It isn't like you are dying between rounds, and there are only so many people to kill in a round.

FWIW, I do know for sure that streaks could be built across multiple rounds in W@W.

Minamu

MrCompletely said:
I'm pretty Sure the streaks carried over between rounds in cod4 as well.

rtj53t.gif

No they don't. Not in this way. Yes, you could keep UAVs & Airstrikes between rounds in cod4 but you needed to have earned them first. Now you can get 2+3 kills in between different rounds & thus earn the same rewards. It's not the same!

/meltdown

Edit: Doesn't this mean that it's theoretically possible to earn nukes in S&D even though the kill requirement is really tight?

HooCares

Neo Member
Nice OP BTW - The only thing I'd add is a list of all the weapons and perks for multi (perks at the very least). I believe they were posted at the end of the MW2 media thread.

Nothing like pre-planning loadouts while waiting the 7 days.

chapel

Banned
Minamu said:
Edit: Doesn't this mean that it's theoretically possible to earn nukes in S&D even though the kill requirement is really tight?
I would think so, but in a max 8 on 8 game, that would require 1 person killing the other team 3 rounds in a row then on the 4th round killing 1 more person. I would think at that point, the game is well stacked or whatever.

I can't see that this has been posted in this thread yet, but it probably has..

Anyways:

Video Review! LINK REMOVED

See it before it's gone in 5...4...3..

EDIT: Just a warning: lots of spoilers.

ChuBoi

Banned
HooCares said:
Nice OP BTW - The only thing I'd add is a list of all the weapons and perks for multi (perks at the very least). I believe they were posted at the end of the MW2 media thread.

Nothing like pre-planning loadouts while waiting the 7 days.

Yeah, perks/weapons list would be great in OP.

Standard Loadout
- FAL/SCAR-H/M16 w/ MARS or Red Dot scope
- Semtex
- Sleight of Hand(Pro)
- Stopping Power(Pro)
- Commando

CQC John Woo Loadout
- MP5k w/ Akimbo Machine Pistols
- Throwing Knife
- Marathon/Pro
- Cold Blooded
- Commando or Ninja

Thank god for no Juggernaut.

winnarps

Inferno313 said:
I can't see that this has been posted in this thread yet, but it probably has..

Anyways:

Video Review!

See it before it's gone in 5...4...3..

EDIT: Just a warning: lots of spoilers.

Yeah, wow, lots of spoilers.

Can't wait.

ZeroRay

Blu_LED said:

They showed leaked PS3 footage and the game looks just as good as the 360 version.

Only question is how the framerate is gonna hold up since COD4's framerate hovered around the 50's on the PS3 and could dip lower on occasion.

Nizz

Strider, nice job with the OP. I won't have the game till the 16th, but super saver shipping and $20.00 credit from Amazon was too good to pass up.

Hopefully, there won't be issues with the online. Even if there are, I guess getting it six days later everything should be ironed out.

ZeroRay said:
They showed leaked PS3 footage and the game looks just as good as the 360 version.

Only question is how the framerate is gonna hold up since COD4's framerate hovered around the 50's on the PS3 and could dip lower on occasion.
Hopefully the frame rate will be solid this time. Not that it was bad in MW, but there were times where it dipped.

To be fair, it was IW's first game on PS3. Their first game on 360, COD2, had its occasional dips also. But then their second game came along and was solid. I'm hoping it'll be the same case for MW2 on PS3.

ultron87

*must power through to max level in COD4 before this game comes out*

I want to at least have had the option to Prestige at least once. Me and my roommates have been swapping out matches, and we're at Level 47 right now. So I'm pretty sure we can get there.

fps fanatic said:
Hopefully the frame rate will be solid this time. Not that it was bad in MW, but there were times where it dipped.

To be fair, it was IW's first game on PS3. Their first game on 360, COD2, had its occasional dips also. But then their second game came along and was solid. I'm hoping it'll be the same case for MW2 on PS3.

I guarantee the framerate will be 10-20% worse on the PS3, just like COD4 and COD: WaW. Its the same engine, very little has changed. The COD games rely on a lot of alpha/transparency effects, its inevitable that they perform better on the 360.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, word is that I could be purchasing this as early as tomorrow or Thursday - can wait, especially since just yesterday a friend of ours in the neighborhood just re-bought an Elite for MW2 as the primary reason, and our already solid team is even stronger now...

I've been a Call of Duty fan since I played the living hell out of the first one on PC, but didn't play the last two aside from being in both betas because of time - it'll be good to get back into the game again, even though I'll probably have to brush up on my CoD-specific skills again...

johnnyg87

Neo Member
Does anyone know where there's a mirror of the airport scene? I've been looking for it since it went down but can't find it anywhere

ZeroRay

brain_stew said:
I guarantee the framerate will be 10-20% worse on the PS3, just like COD4 and COD: WaW. Its the same engine, very little has changed. The COD games rely on a lot of alpha/transparency effects, its inevitable that they perform better on the 360.

Did they lower the resolution of the effects in the PS3 version of those games? I wouldn't mind if they did do that to keep a more stable framerate.

MMaRsu

Skilotonn said:
Yeah, word is that I could be purchasing this as early as tomorrow or Thursday - can wait, especially since just yesterday a friend of ours in the neighborhood just re-bought an Elite for MW2 as the primary reason, and our already solid team is even stronger now...

I've been a Call of Duty fan since I played the living hell out of the first one on PC, but didn't play the last two aside from being in both betas because of time - it'll be good to get back into the game again, even though I'll probably have to brush up on my CoD-specific skills again...

You think dutch stores will be getting this in tomorrow already?

Kosma

Banned
Can anyone confirm/deny if the SP still has that 2001 gameplay of never ending waves of enemies and granade spam?

I havent been following the game that much and would like to know if its an FPS now instead on an on rails shooter.

MMaRsu

Kosma said:
Can anyone confirm/deny if the SP still has that 2001 gameplay of never ending waves of enemies and granade spam?

I havent been following the game that much and would like to know if its an FPS now instead on an on rails shooter.

As far as I heard, no.

corkscrewblow said:
What happened to your boycott? :eek:

Meh... I was going to buy it used but I just decided against it anyway. I'd rather play something I enjoy now than later. It would be better to buy it used in my opinion ( money wise and I hate Activision wise ) but whatever.

I know I seem like a fool after that thread I made and I can't blame anyone for thinking that!

Calen

brain_stew said:
Its the same engine, very little has changed.
I love how people can completely discount two years of very hard work like this ;) We've spent a huge amount of time on new features and optimizations for all of the platforms.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Calen said:
I love how people can completely discount two years of very hard work like this ;) We've spent a huge amount of time on new features and optimizations for all of the platforms.
Not to try and pry but does the PS3 at least sustain a good clip? I thought MW ran great on PS3 minus the textures which seemed better on 360. In motion both looks amazing.

And I agree with your sentiments. Like when Uncharted 2 came out. People looked at some screens and random videos and assumed the 2 years extra did not go into making the engine more refined. Typical internet.

MMaRsu

Calen said:

I know you probably won't answer this but hey... any chance of a new engine for the next game? Not that this engine is outdated or anything because MW2 looks awesome, and is 60fps if I'm not mistaken.

But I would love to see what IW could do with 3 years dev time with a new engine.

MMaRsu

Lunchbox said:
:lol

Internet boycotts......Serious business

Well I said multiple times that I misworded the thread, I didn't really mean boycott I was just talking about buying the game second hand. But that's water under the bridge ( or something )

fps fanatic said:
How? You lucky bas... Enjoy. ;)

Haha yeah... now lets hope it comes through... Its happened before where people have flaked out on me at the last minute. I should know soon... *prayer chants* :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So if I pre-order the game online and select store pick up will I be able to get the game at midnight? Anyone know for sure?

Calen said:
But brain_stew is a hardcore graphics master.

Lunchbox

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Well I said multiple times that I misworded the thread, I didn't really mean boycott I was just talking about buying the game second hand. But that's water under the bridge ( or something )

i remember that thread, and when someone would say something like "you guys are gonna buy the game anyways, stop over reacting .........." people would jump on them like a pack and curse them out of the discussion.

its just funny that the leader of the pack is now buying the game :lol

we all knew you would :p

Mileena

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Meh... I was going to buy it used but I just decided against it anyway. I'd rather play something I enjoy now than later. It would be better to buy it used in my opinion ( money wise and I hate Activision wise ) but whatever.

I know I seem like a fool after that thread I made and I can't blame anyone for thinking that!
I knew it! :lol

Well at least you don't have the hideous BLDF avatar anymore.

Got an email from HMV saying my prestige edition has been shipped. Surprising since it isn't out for a week & a half here. Will be the earliest pre-order ever.

Jtrizzy

Brian Fellows said:
So if I pre-order the game online and select store pick up will I be able to get the game at midnight? Anyone know for sure?

If you are talking about Gamestop, then yes. I did it with Uncharted 2. If you don't pick it up from the store you choose, your cc will be charged a $5 restocking fee.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jtrizzy said:
If you are talking about Gamestop, then yes. I did it with Uncharted 2. If you don't pick it up from the store you choose, your cc will be charged a $5 restocking fee.

Sweet! Thank you sir!

iamcool388 said:
fps fanatic said:
How? You lucky bas... Enjoy. ;)

Haha yeah... now lets hope it comes through... Its happened before where people have flaked out on me at the last minute. I should know soon... *prayer chants* :lol

Just to follow up, the guy didnt pull through. Didnt pick up my calls for 30 fucking minutes, and then said he was all out of them. Fucker.

Now I have no alternative but to study. FML. :lol

Tzeentch

Calen said:
Quake 2.6 vs. 2.5 for MW1? :)

kuYuri

YuriLowell said:
no u.

his didn't look like it was paid for by activision marketing.

Not my problem you lower your standards to shitty, joke OPs. Those were funny maybe the first or second time, but now it's just getting stupid.

Here's your favorite thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378771

Go there.

Blu_LED said:

There was a video of someone on PS3 playing Spec Ops, but was pulled soon afterwards. From what I saw, it played just fine, PS3 players shouldn't have to worry I think.

IronFistedChampion said:
Nice thread, but needs moar gfx.

It doesn't, because apparently adding more makes me an Activision shill!

[spoilerSeriously, I'm not adding anymore graphics because I'm not a fan of giant graphics filled OPs and it seems GAF is starting to get sick of them too.[/spoiler]

Top Bottom