• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If you loved War/Action Flicks + Set-Pieces this game has it all.

I can't believe this game brought out such anger out of me, "Like You are so dead motherfucker!" through the little twist in the middle.

Hans Zimmer has outdone himself. My god I enjoyed listening to the music so much, it felt so amazing while playing the game, like you were really playing a movie

I finished the game, enjoyed the 7-8+ hour ride, now Veteran bitches!
"Task Force 141, Doom on You Mr. Tango!"

BTW, after finishing the game, the end credits are fucking awesome.
For me Killzone 2 stood out with it's credits, but COD:MW2 is my new favorite, sorry =/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Played some last night and am playing right now. Veteran difficulty because I am not a pussy.

Before the game starts they ask you if you are easily offended by scenes in movies and shit. I said no, HELL NO.

I just made it past the offensive scene.... holy fuck it was terrible. :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Pirates, hey if a store breaks the street date, and if you are able to get the game early why not?

Yeah like someone is going to say no Mr. Store Clerk, i'm an honest gamer, I will wait till the original release date to play, why should I experience something earlier than allowed

Wellington said:
Played some last night and am playing right now. Veteran difficulty because I am not a pussy.

Before the game starts they ask you if you are easily offended by scenes in movies and shit. I said no, HELL NO.

You're cool.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wellington said:

It was shocking to be sure, but the game gets more shocking the farther in you play (not in a bad way).

guise said:
So er yeah, i just watched the launch trailer - what the fuck?
you go into space?!

No, it's just from the perspective of an astronaut from the ISS. Took me some time, to realise I wasn't watching a cutscene.
:D

kaskade

So are there scenes that top the nuke in the first game. My jaw was on the floor the whole time. Fuck I can't wait until Tuesday.

A.R.K

F#A#Oo said:
Killzone? :lol :lol :lol

Guerilla has to first learn how to make a decent FPS. Graphics were good inKZ2. Gameplay rigid/stiff and slow. MP is broken and needed ALOT of work...

If Guerilla wasn't owned by Sony they would have been a defunct developer by now...
so much fucking fail in this post lol

oh FFS take your idiotic hate of kz out of here
GG and kz don't need to prove any thing to idiots like you
haters are always gonna hate

Chinner

Banned
iMike76 said:
i'm actually being serious. i havent been paying attention to this much but one of my friends who hates this is like "WELPS 90 MINUTES". i'm pretty sure its shit but i'm just wondering is there any actual estimates to how long this will last>

.nimrod

Chinner said:
i'm actually being serious. i havent been paying attention to this much but one of my friends who hates this is like "WELPS 90 MINUTES". i'm pretty sure its shit but i'm just wondering is there any actual estimates to how long this will last>

6 hours on regular seems to be the average

Ephemeris

Mogg0 said:
The one standout mission so far (and I've only played about 20 percent of them)
is a snow level where you have to evade teams of dogs and guards and make it to a cabin.
It really encourages teamwork and timing precision and is just a hell of alot of fun.

Did that one solo. Was awesome. Solid Snake would have been proud of me. :lol

JambiBum

Guys, I had a friend of mine tell me that 7/11s are breaking street dates again. He went in to grab a drink and saw it so he grabbed it. Asked the lady at the register if he could buy the "movie". She said yeah. Rang him up and then was like "60 dollars is expensive for a movie". Then my friend ran off lol. So if your 7/11s sell games I'd recommend checking them.

nib95

Banned
Noooo!!!1

Microsoft said:
Dear Nibzy (lol),

This mail is confirmation that your subscription to Xbox Live Prepaid 12 Month Gold Membership Card. has been cancelled on 07 November 2009.

When your Gold membership expires you will become a Silver member, and as a Silver member of Xbox LIVE, you will still enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE Arcade, game demos, trailers, downloads, and your gamer profile.

If you want to reactivate your Gold subscription to take advantage of all the features that a Gold membership offers, please go to: http://www.xbox.com/extendmembership

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Xbox LIVE Team

nib95

Banned
Do American XBL codes work in the UK? Alternatively if one of you lovely lads want to buy a code I can just PayPal you the money. Would likely work out cheaper for me due to the dollar to pound conversion. :D

J-Rzez

nib95 said:
Noooo!!!1

Microsoft said:
When your Gold membership expires you will become a Silver member, and as a Silver member of Xbox LIVE, you will still enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE Arcade, game demos, trailers, downloads, and your gamer profile. You just won't be able to play content put on the disc from the developer as we lock you out of that free value. You don't deserve free shit. Enjoy!

That is some crappy timing for your renewal though. :(

Hmmm any more info on 7/11s breaking street? I may need to look for one here in SF or bay area that sells games, don't know of any though...

nib95

Banned
AnIco said:
Don't you have a PS3?

Just get MW2 on the PS3. Not an issue.

I do, but some of my good mates are buying 360, some PS3. Such an annoying split, like, right down the middle. I was thinking of going 360 with this one as PS3's already been busy with U2. I like to divide the time up between them lol.

What's the next big online 360 game?

Fowler

I didn't expect to care this much about the story, but it is quite good... until it falls to pieces at the end.

Here's what bugs me: The "disturbing mission" is there to make you see and more importantly feel how evil Makarov is. But General Shepherd's betrayal takes Makarov out of the picture. Why? You had a perfectly good villain there, you spent time showing us how evil he was -- and then you add in an unnecessary twist for the sake of a twist that robs you of a resolution to that plotline. And it also leaves the "disturbing mission" without a real justification for being there.

AnIco

nib95 said:
I do, but some of my good mates are buying 360, some PS3. Such an annoying split, like, right down the middle. I was thinking of going 360 with this one as PS3's already been busy with U2. I like to divide the time up between them lol.

Eh, you're not required to give your 360 love. No use in paying for XBL if you don't have to. Your friends list is already split, so just go with the PS3 version.

Next big online 360 is probably Halo Reach, a year from now.

Sushen

A.R.K said:
so much fucking fail in this post lol

oh FFS take your idiotic hate of kz out of here
GG and kz don't need to prove any thing to idiots like you
haters are always gonna hate
And, fanboys will love whatever thown at them, either. :p

J-Rzez

nib95 said:

Probably the next Halo. That's all I can think of. If you're split half-n-half, why not just go PS3 then in your case. Besides, the next big online game is on the PS3 anyways.

Max

I am not Max
116s7yr.png

Okay that's awesome.

Kibbles

ergo said:
Thank god it is veteran's day on wednesday here in the states because that will let me own face for the whole 2 days. No school = heaven
I'm in the states but I don't get off, wtf. :lol

LeMaximilian said:
For those who don't have the game just yet, I made a montage of some of the crazy new stuff in MW2.

Modern Warfare 2 Launch Montage -AC130 & Chopper Gunner Gameplay-

Can't wait till the 10th when the world is playing!
What's up with you and your links, man?:lol I really enjoy your videos, but you linked to your MW2 Launch Montage.

Edit - or perhaps I'm looking at the wrong video. Is this video suppose to have "AC130" in the title?

nib95

Banned
FFS, maybe I will just get the PS3 version. What a horrible time for my Gold to run out. But honestly, not worth paying money just to play one game online when I can play it elsewhere.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Dax01 said:
What's up with you and your links, man?:lol I really enjoy your videos, but you linked to your MW2 Launch Montage.

Edit - or perhaps I'm looking at the wrong video. Is this video suppose to have "AC130" in the title?

Nah it's the right one, lol. It just has segments showing AC130/Chopper Gunner gameplay.

hiljay

for those that live in the upper west side of manhattan:

i went into gamestop today to cancel my credit i had put down on MW2 after hearing about the toys r us $20 gift card deal.

i told the guy i wanted to cancel my pre-order on it and he goes:

"you know we're selling it now, right?"

and i reply:

"you have a countdown behind you saying it'll be out in 2 days, but you're telling me you're selling it now?"

and he goes, "yep."

i didn't end up buying it because i still want to take advantage of the toys r us deal on tuesday.

just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

it's the gamestop on the corner of west 81st and broadway.

AnIco said:
Eh, you're not required to give your 360 love. No use in paying for XBL if you don't have to. Your friends list is already split, so just go with the PS3 version.

Next big online 360 is probably Halo Reach, a year from now.

Or Left 4 Dead 2, in about a week. Fair and balanced.

Anyway, to all the people who are getting this game early: suck it.

Amir0x

Banned
professor_t said:
Or Left 4 Dead 2, in about a week. Fair and balanced.

Yeah! I can't wait!

I'm actually considering canceling my Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 pre-order at this eleventh hour.

My desire to play it has come to a screeching halt. I remember how unbalanced they made the online multiplayer in the first MW, and the frustration at the sub-HD resolution, and all the extra problems now with the cockiness of Infinity Ward and publisher. I'm considering holding off.

But then I remember these games sell so well it takes forever for a price drop :(

Top Bottom