• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Accident

Domino Theory said:
Anyone have the complete list of perks for each tier?

Perk 1 || Perk 2 || Perk 3

rsy14j.jpg
24wahdk.jpg
2mhener.jpg

28swj09.jpg
2s6r243.jpg
2j4oymt.jpg

mkf7uq.jpg
2czdgdv.jpg
s0xvzm.jpg

xp5zz7.jpg
358cim9.jpg
907cwy.jpg

iwpsuw.jpg
2lurxux.jpg
2lxunn7.jpg

11j3ihg.jpg

Raxus

Nuke isn't the problem, the Chopper Gunner is. 25 kills is MORE than enough to earn a nuke, however the gunship makes earning that cake.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I didn't play a lot of CoD4 MP, but you can end objective games through kill counts? So you could theoretically just camp and get kills and then use the nuke and win?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thanks. Was trying to decide on my two Dead Silence classes.

I'll roll with:

Shotgun
Bling (Silencer and something)
Cold Blooded
Ninja

and

UMP
Bling (Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor)
Cold Blooded
Ninja or Scrambler

nib95

Banned
Can anyone confirm whether US XBL Gold cards/codes work in the UK? If yes, does someone want to buy a 12 month Gold subscription for me? naturally I'll pay you for the card and troubles, via PayPal. Need the code asap though, since I'll be purchasing the game in the next 24 hours.

Thanks
NIBZY

X26

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I didn't play a lot of CoD4 MP, but you can end objective games through kill counts? So you could theoretically just camp and get kills and then use the nuke and win?

yea! how awesome is that?!

:((

Raxus

There are 4 deathstreaks:

Copycat (4 deaths): You copy the class of the last person that killed you.
Juggernaut*(not real name I know) (3 deaths): triple the health for 10 seconds
Martydom (4 deaths): drop a grenade when you die
Final stand (4(?) deaths): like last stand but you can move around. If you survive for 30 seconds you automatically revive. You can use your main weapon as well as secondary.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Raxus said:
There are 4 deathstreaks:

Copycat (4 deaths): You copy the class of the last person that killed you.
Juggernaut*(not real name I know) (3 deaths): triple the health for 10 seconds
Martydom (4 deaths): drop a grenade when you die
Final stand (4(?) deaths): like last stand but you can move around. If you survive for 30 seconds you automatically revive. You can use your main weapon as well as secondary.
I think Juggernaut is called Painkiller now.

J-Rzez

That's some serious bullshit if they don't reset the leaderboards. You IW guys here better relay those thoughts. So what if they're legit copies. Something that people take competitive like this shouldn't be diluted thanks to people being lucky enough to find places that broke street date, or work at a place and doing it themselves. For the greater good. Perhaps reset them at 11pm EST time tomorrow.

I will relent and say that it is obvious that the team Max faced didn't even try to take his chopper down, so we don't know how weak they are.

I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

oneHeero

Deadly Cyclone said:
Yeah, because people will be rattling off 25 kill streaks left and right... /sarcasm.
If you dont believe it'll be happening, I'm curious to see your response to the same thing after a month from release.

COD4 was extremely easy to put up big kill streaks since it was so noob friendly that really good players could put up huge kill streaks in rank games for fun when in a party. MW2 seems to expand on ways to put up kills without finding a way to put the player in more danger while he is putting up the kills.

Its the same as in COD4, grab the m16 and red dot, roll out and pick people off all day from afar. Stick to the outside of the map the whole time. In MW2, it was just shown by that nuke video that its still possible and way more easier to accomplish this. Especially in a gametype like HQ when other people are going for the objective while others pick them off from the outside and camp w/ using the helicopter/etc.
Game looks like a lot of fun tho, wish I could find a place that sold it early. Since they arent resetting anything, it'll suck to go in against people who are so far up in ranks already.

EDIT: Damn those perks listed look pimp.

Insaniac

Domino Theory said:
Thanks. Was trying to decide on my two Dead Silence classes.

I'll roll with:

Shotgun
Bling (Silencer and Sleight of Hand)
Cold Blooded
Ninja

and

UMP
Bling (Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor)
Cold Blooded
Ninja or Scrambler

sleight of hand is not a bling-able attachment >.>

nib95 said:
Can anyone confirm whether US XBL Gold cards/codes work in the UK? If yes, does someone want to buy a 12 month Gold subscription for me? naturally I'll pay you for the card and troubles, via PayPal. Need the code asap though, since I'll be purchasing the game in the next 24 hours.

Thanks
NIBZY

I don't think they work, I can remeber looking to see if they were region blocked and a lot of sources said they were but I've never personally tried myself

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Domino Theory said:
Hah, yeah just noticed that.

I could've sworn that someone said SoH was an attachment now instead of just a perk?
Full Metal Jacket is an attachment. It acts like Deep Impact. Sleight of Hand is now a Tier 1 perk.

Zinthar

Well, I certainly hope that IW is diligent about re-balancing the weapons and streak bonuses as necessary to correct issues this time around -- the power of the later streak bonuses sounds like it will encourage even more camping this time around, a problem that already tends to exist in any shooter where you spawn with the loadout that you want.

Hopefully the camping problems will only be really bad on DM or TDM though.

nib95

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
I don't think they work, I can remeber looking to see if they were region blocked and a lot of sources said they were but I've never personally tried myself

Haaw man, thanks for the info.

J-Rzez

h4k said:
Gah, no stats reset?

Nope, someone linked a post earlier that they're not reseting the legit copies. Stats and leaderboards obviously should be wiped. I don't listen to a single thing that "402" says anymore.

Insaniac said:
wait can you even silence a shotgun in MW2?

:lol ... seriously. If that's true. lol

You know the size of the can needed to do such a thing? I saw someone rig one up before, and it wasn't all that effective, plus it was huge.

Dynamic3

J-Rzez said:
Nope, someone linked a post earlier that they're not reseting the legit copies. Stats and leaderboards obviously should be wiped. I don't listen to a single thing that "402" says anymore.

I'm pretty sure that quote was pertaining to not banning people who get the game ahead of launch.

I haven't encountered one of these nuclear blasts in the two days I've played. I don't think they will be so easy to get.

I've played a lot of headquarters pro and have yet to encouter "the nuke", for most of whom haven't touched MP yet alone the game itself...there's a lot bitchin' and moanin' over something the seldomnly ever occurs. There 20,000+ people playing right now, I even encountered a lvl. 56 but have yet to see a nuke. The heli/gunships...I cam somewhat agree need some toning down. I managed a 15 killstreak with the ac one match. But none of feels gamebreaking to me, maybe I'm wearing a pair of fanboy goggles...but you guys need to slowdown...

Edit: nevermind

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
oneHeero said:
If you dont believe it'll be happening, I'm curious to see your response to the same thing after a month from release.

COD4 was extremely easy to put up big kill streaks since it was so noob friendly that really good players could put up huge kill streaks in rank games for fun when in a party. MW2 seems to expand on ways to put up kills without finding a way to put the player in more danger while he is putting up the kills.

Its the same as in COD4, grab the m16 and red dot, roll out and pick people off all day from afar. Stick to the outside of the map the whole time. In MW2, it was just shown by that nuke video that its still possible and way more easier to accomplish this. Especially in a gametype like HQ when other people are going for the objective while others pick them off from the outside and camp w/ using the helicopter/etc.
Game looks like a lot of fun tho, wish I could find a place that sold it early. Since they arent resetting anything, it'll suck to go in against people who are so far up in ranks already.

EDIT: Damn those perks listed look pimp.

I see what you are saying, but as far as I have seen with added/easier killstreaks also brings added/easier deaths from people using the same streaks against you. My longest streak in CoD4 was 19 and I wasn't bad by any means, that's why I am thinking you wont see many nukes.

Possibly one big open sniper maps, but not on compact action maps.

I guess we shall soon find out :)

Calen

Sushen said:
I'm telling you that taking down enemies who's building up killstreaks will be one of the key strategies to win the match.

BTW one of the youtube video showed the same problem with match making. The dude ranked up 30 kills with 1 death...against bunch of guys in level 1 and 2, while he was level 48 and others in his team in the 20s. I don't know if they actually balance the team or just random.

When the oppositing team is dominating, nobody will get out of the building. I won't.
Matchmaking happens based on *skill level*, not your in game rank. It's entirely possible that you can be level 48 in game and not as good of a player as someone who is level 20 or lower, since you never ever lose rank (except via prestige, of course.)

I feel like the Lightweight perk is a missed opportunity.

I really wish they would have given you extra mobility/quicker movement from it when in a crouched/prone position by allowing you to use your sprint to scramble quicker.

The ability to go from a sprint then dive forward (double clicking sprint) into a prone position on the ground would have been nice. It would help you to better escape enemy fire and utilize cover better (reseting position when out of sight and hid behind it.

As it stands now all it is good for is a speed boost when sprinting, so that'll be getting round big maps quicker, running off with the flag when it could have added so much more.

Raxus

Calen said:
Matchmaking happens based on *skill level*, not your in game rank. It's entirely possible that you can be level 48 in game and not as good of a player as someone who is level 20 or lower, since you never ever lose rank (except via prestige, of course.)
Calen what is the final word on the reset? I am terribly confused. Do I get to keep ANYTHING I earned from multiplayer (Titles and emblems mostly).

Zinthar

nib95 said:

Thanks
NIBZY

Ah, Nibs, I remember you from the IGN forums from a few years ago (I was also Zinthar there) from a number of epic arguments that we had, so in deference to that I'd be happy to help you out.

According to the last post in this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-live/931532-xbox-live-gold-question.html, the 1, 3, and 12 month subs are not region locked.

I'm an Amazon prime customer and they have 12 month cards for $39.49 US (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Month-Live-Gold-Card/dp/B0029LJIFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1257720033&sr=8-1). If that works for you, PM me and I'll give you my paypal email and order one -- I'd have it by Wednesday evening w/ the free prime shipping.

Actually, I may get two, my XBL is up in January.

Raxus

I am going to eat and play some more if you have any questions pertaining to the game PM me or send me a message over live.

Live tag: dmsilv1

Top Bottom