• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Draft

_11882655127917.jpg

Raxus

.nimrod said:
Scavenger works by picking up ammo from the ground and it also replenishes special and equipment (i.e. frag grenades) you have BUT if you are full on ammo the perk does not activate even if you need stuns or equipment. The pro version gives you extra magazines so you have to dump half a clip from your gun in order to activate it and pick up more special grenades and equipment. It is very silly.

.nimrod

Raxus said:
Scavenger works by picking up ammo from the ground and it also replenishes special and equipment (i.e. frag grenades) you have BUT if you are full on ammo the perk does not activate even if you need stuns or equipment. The pro version gives you extra magazines so you have to dump half a clip from your gun in order to activate it and pick up more special grenades and equipment. It is very silly.

you just need to fire one shot and reload i think

Raxus said:
Nuke isn't the problem, the Chopper Gunner is. 25 kills is MORE than enough to earn a nuke, however the gunship makes earning that cake.

One more time, SOMEBODY correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ONLY infantry vs. infantry kills that count during a streak? Meaning that ANY kills picked up due to a killstreak reward DO NOT add to your actual KILL STREAK? Again, wouldn't that mean that even getting a 50 streak in an AC-130 still wouldn't net you a nuke?

Merguson

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
One more time, SOMEBODY correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ONLY infantry vs. infantry kills that count during a streak? Meaning that ANY kills picked up due to a killstreak reward DO NOT add to your actual KILL STREAK? Again, wouldn't that mean that even getting a 50 streak in an AC-130 still wouldn't net you a nuke?

No, if you earn the killstreak, it will count towards your actual killstreak. However, whatever you get in your care package will not add towards that actual killstreak.

Raxus

.nimrod said:
you just need to fire one shot and reload i think
It's not a big deal or anything I just think it should be patched so your if your missing any equipment or special but still have a full clip it should still activate. It is just silly you have to do that work around to get it to go off and it is even worse if your in a tight spot and need a quick stun or frag.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Net_Wrecker said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prK-lmQzyDo

Net_Wrecker said:

Killstreak kills stack unless the killstreak was gotten through a care package.

Dynamic3

CrazedArabMan said:
They took the realistic aspect, and threw it right out the window.

Why are you people so upset about silenced shotguns? They exist in real life. If I was judging realism, I would be more concerned with being able to call a "tactical" nuke on my own head.

LukeT said:
Can someone give me a rundown of Headquaters Pro? Whats the difference to headquaters from COD4?
The only difference is that when the HQ is revealed, you can't capture it right away as in COD4. There's a good 30 seconds there where it's simply revealed and uncapturable - this is the time when your team should secure the area so that when the point is capturable, you guys are ready for it.

.nimrod

Raxus said:
It's not a big deal or anything I just think it should be patched so your if your missing any equipment or special but still have a full clip it should still activate. It is just silly you have to do that work around to get it to go off and it is even worse if your in a tight spot and need a quick stun or frag.

yeah it can be annoying but it also prevents grenade spamming a bit

Deadly Cyclone said:
What is included in the care package? Just ammo?

it can be ammo or any killstreak

Kibbles said:
What the hell? I've been trying out everything and being more liberal, taking advantage of the fact my stats will be erased. This sucks. :lol Now I'm stuck with my horrible stats, eh?
Me too. As I said previously in this thread, I've been running around using throwing knives against people for a good 15 games or so. :(

got2bekidding said:
Me too. As I said previously in this thread, I've been running around using throwing knives against people for a good 15 games or so. :(

Yeah it is rather shitty. I was told multiple times in this thread that it was 100% confirmed that they'd be resetting stats.

:lol :lol :lol At the fear of a nuclear holocaust in this thread. Seriously, if a guy can rack up enough kills in a row to do this his team is probably going to win anyways. The fact that I've yet to see it in any of the games I've played online has me not worried at all.

Dynamic3 said:
Why are you people so upset about silenced shotguns? They exist in real life. If I was judging realism, I would be more concerned with being able to call a "tactical" nuke on my own head.

Well yes and no, they do exist, but are mostly ineffective and can only be used with certain ammo. They are not widely used at all.

Raxus

I got a few more minutes so let me settle this silly killstreak thing once and for all.

You spawn. Kill things with your gun pew pew! and after so many you have earned a kill streak. Huzzah! Killstreaks give you a variety of bonuses that help you and your team on the battlefield. If your killstreak DIRECTLY (i.e your airdrop crate lands on an enemy's head) kills someone it will add on to your current killstreak allowing you to earn more advanced killstreaks. However, if you have to go through a channel (airdrop crate gives you a predator missile for example) this will NOT factor into your killstreak.

Killstreaks can build up to higher killstreaks. So lets say I have Predator missile (5 kills),Harrier (7 kills) and AC-130 Gunship (11 kills) then the predator missile I use kills 2 people I now have a Harrier. Once unleashed the harrier kills 4 enemies. I now have an AC-130.

Then I die before I use my AC-130 but this killstreak WILL NOT be able to earn me any kills towards a predator, harrier, or another AC-130.

Killstreaks stack in this game so if I am just too busy to unleash the Predator missle and earn my Harrier than the predator missile is not overwritten. All I have to do is use my Harrier and the predator missile will be waiting for me to use.

There.

Merguson said:
No, if you earn the killstreak, it will count towards your actual killstreak. However, whatever you get in your care package will not add towards that actual killstreak.

EviLore said:

johnFkennedy said:
Killstreak kills stack unless the killstreak was gotten through a care package.

OK, THAT'S completely ridiculous. The killstreak rewards should never build towards higher streak rewards. SMH @ whoever thought that was good idea. I officially switch stances on Nukes.

PS, the player is in control of the AC-130 for WAAAY too long. What the hell. That's gonna force me to use a rocket launcher of some type on every one of my classes because NOBODY takes those things out.

dwin45

I've got a feeling that IW will be releasing a patch pretty soon after release. They are going to get sick of all the complaints.

.nimrod

CrazedArabMan said:
Well yes and no, they do exist, but are mostly ineffective and can only be used with certain ammo. They are not widely used at all.

well, it does reduce the range quite significantly, the AA-12 is practically useless with a silencer since the range drops to nearly zero

Deadly Cyclone said:
Oh, nice, so basically a random dice roll for what will come out?

yeah basically, but it seems that you get stuff based on your skill level: the better you are, the worse is the care package content

Raxus

Deadly Cyclone said:
Oh, nice, so basically a random dice roll for what will come out?
Basically. From what I have played there is no "tilt" to how airdrops work at the moment so the winning team could get an AC-130 while the losing team gets stuck with a Counter UAV :-/

Sushen

Raxus said:
Basically. From what I have played there is no "tilt" to how airdrops work at the moment so the winning team could get an AC-130 while the losing team gets stuck with a Counter UAV :-/
Random in gaming serves no purpose. For one, random doesn't guarantee even distribution nor any context sensitive consideration. If it's truely random, I'll be disappointed by IW; it's just a lazy way out with no excuse.

.nimrod said:
well, it does reduce the range quite significantly, the AA-12 is practically useless with a silencer since the range drops to nearly zero

I'm not really complaining about it being over powered, I'm just looking at it from a more realistic type of view.

kuYuri

Domino Theory said:
Thanks. Was trying to decide on my two Dead Silence classes.

I'll roll with:

Shotgun
Bling (Silencer and something)
Cold Blooded
Ninja

and

UMP
Bling (Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor)
Cold Blooded
Ninja or Scrambler

Shotguns are secondaries now, in case you didn't know. So you can have a UMP and a shotgun in the same class. Bling Pro can give dual attachments for both.

ZZMitch

I don't think nukes are going to be to big of deal...

I mean if somebody is going 25-0 the opposing team is probably already being crushed anyway.

X26

Banned
dwin45 said:
I've got a feeling that IW will be releasing a patch pretty soon after release. They are going to get sick of all the complaints.

killstreak disabled TDM playlist plz

DoctorWho said:
:lol :lol :lol At the fear of a nuclear holocaust in this thread. Seriously, if a guy can rack up enough kills in a row to do this his team is probably going to win anyways. The fact that I've yet to see it in any of the games I've played online has me not worried at all.

No, you're wrong. I was DEFENDING the Nuke when I thought that kills from the killstreak rewards don't stack, but in a mode like Headquarters, or Groundwar Domination, it's REALLY easy to get high killstreaks just by camping the hell out of the capture points. And BTW, the kills in that mode DON'T EVEN MATTER. You can have a guy go 50-0, yet still beat him. The fact that the Nuke ENDS GAMES is going to cause some problems.

LukeT

Neo Member
Revolutionary said:
The only difference is that when the HQ is revealed, you can't capture it right away as in COD4. There's a good 30 seconds there where it's simply revealed and uncapturable - this is the time when your team should secure the area so that when the point is capturable, you guys are ready for it.

Nice no more spawn advantage!

Assembly Required said:
I'm assuming killstreaks only stack in obj based modes? My pave low just pulled off a 8 kills and they did not contribute to my killstreak (TDM).

Did you get that from a Care package? Apparently, those don't stack, but anything you earn adds to the streak.

Net_Wrecker said:
Did you get that from a Care package? Apparently, those don't stack, but anything you earn adds to the streak.

I must be mistaken then. Killstreaks only stack towards higher "eligible" killstreaks? Turret -> precision airdrop -> etc.?

The whole thing is a bit confusing. I guess I'll activate all "eligible" kill streaks and try that.

Top Bottom