• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

Diablohead said:
I played mw2 online last night with my cousin on his 360, when I watch the killcams to see how I died he would point out stuff and it's quite amazing how many people can track you blindly through a wall, either they play way too much to know hiding spots or can see locations via the map and guess with pot shots to get a kill, also he said someone had a gun laser sight which is from single player and not suppose to be in multi, dunno about that one.
Yeah, but the thing is... Those guys you're talking about here? That's me and z4m. We know the maps like the back of our hands, we are very alert with footsteps and I run SitRep Pro and report locations. I know the match z4m is talking about, and something was definitely up.

Not only did they know exactly where we were at all times (not occasionally - literally at all times), they were basically indestructible. It was a weird sort of lag - usually when there's lag, you shoot at the character but don't get hitmarkers. Or you get 1-2 more hitmarkers than you should, if you get weird lag. These guys would take entire clips from an AR, where every single bullet gave me a damage marker. Never seen anything like that before.

Dresden said:
Hacks aren't as prevalent as you guys think. Don't blame the game, blame lag... or yourself.
I'm pretty sure that they're more prevalent than you think. You don't have to have a modded Xbox to have them - you can be "infected" by another player. There are tons of websites and forums where people sell these hacks for MS points.

Here's a video that shows some hacks in action:

http://www.youtube.com/oosbando#p/a/u/1/T2eIdFH7SAo

He's got the following: SPAS-12 with camo, SPAS-12 with laser pointer, constant UAV (which disregards ColdBlooded as far as I know), gold Deagle, 3 weapons (I believe) and a debug ticker thing on-screen. He doesn't have a JTAG Xbox - he was "infected" with these things. (And as a random confirmation; I played with him the other day and he didn't have any hacks on then.)

Miggytronz

jedimike said:
There's a whole lot of people who are very passionate about headphones. Most of them do not like headsets dedicated to gaming. You're going to get a lot of opinions and they will probably all try to get you to purchase a non-gaming headset. IMO, the gaming headsets have improved a lot and are a good way to go if you're just going to use them for gaming.

If I was you, I'd try to get myself into a headset that does 5.1 through a decoder. Gamestores offer them, so you could trade-in games or whatever to get some extra credit.

If that really isn't an option, then buy the $30 set knowing that you will probably want to upgrade in the future. For FPS's, you need to have positional audio. I think it is a crucial part of the game.

thank you for your reply.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
aku:jiki said:
Yeah, but the thing is... Those guys you're talking about here? That's me and z4m. We know the maps like the back of our hands, we are very alert with footsteps and I run SitRep Pro and report locations. I know the match z4m is talking about, and something was definitely up.

Not only did they know exactly where we were at all times (not occasionally - literally at all times), they were basically indestructible. It was a weird sort of lag - usually when there's lag, you shoot at the character but don't get hitmarkers. Or you get 1-2 more hitmarkers than you should, if you get weird lag. These guys would take entire clips from an AR, where every single bullet gave me a damage marker. Never seen anything like that before.

I'm pretty sure that they're more prevalent than you think. You don't have to have a modded Xbox to have them - you can be "infected" by another player. There are tons of websites and forums where people sell these hacks for MS points.

Here's a video that shows some hacks in action:

http://www.youtube.com/oosbando#p/a/u/1/T2eIdFH7SAo

He's got the following: SPAS-12 with camo, SPAS-12 with laser pointer, constant UAV (which disregards ColdBlooded as far as I know), gold Deagle, 3 weapons (I believe) and a debug ticker thing on-screen. He doesn't have a JTAG Xbox - he was "infected" with these things. (And as a random confirmation; I played with him the other day and he didn't have any hacks on then.)

damn, maybe these are the occassional games where I get absolutely raped 10-44 or something nuts.

watching that clip, he claims he didnt use the rader to get kills but he clearly did. It wasn't even constant UAV, you cn't see the dots move on UAV as its updated every 3 seconds or so but he could just see dots running a certain direction. uber lame.

Until this game I didnt even know hacked/cheating xbox live gamers was possible, thought it was restricted to a PC thing.

kaizoku

riot shield plus blast shield on demolition is fucking hilarious. I am indestructible. I plant the bomb then defend it forever. Guys come up to the bomb to defuse it, see me and panic, then try and kill me but nothing works! I just stand there.

kaizoku

divisionbyzorro said:
I was speaking more to the return of Team Tactical :lol

yeh definitely looking forward to that, might give the game more momentum than the maps did for me and my mates.

just had the most fucked up game. I had a SCAR and one guy was obliterating me everytime with a P90, ridiculous, even from far away he was killing me, I'd spawn round the corner, go and ambush him only to have him run head first into my trap and kill me first. It was outrageous.

One example on Favela I was in the barbershop by the stairs, so not at the window. He was in the building opposite by the broken wall, I shot him multiple times with hit markers, I even stopped pumping bullets and just shot in small bursts for increased accuracy but he kinda paused to smirk at me and just mowed me down with his first volley. from that far a P90 was winning in power to an unsilenced SCAR! I call bullshit, P90 is the most inaccurate gun, nevermind power.

even worse, we had some air support up and I chanced upon TWO guys staring into the air with stingers right in front of me :lol lucky me, 2 free kills! shot one guy with a burst then the other guy but neither went down, I was like shit, reload! had to put a full clip into the first guy to down him into final stand, then I was out of bullets so had to switch to noobtube, hit the other guy before he could get me then noobtube the one on the floor.

if those grenades had been the bouncey kind I'd have quit this game.

kuYuri

zam said:
What is Team Tactical? Back in Cod4 all I played was HQ or Team Hardcore

There's a Third Person playlist for it currently. It's basically 4v4 games of various gametypes (TDM, Domination, CTF, Demolition).

CoD4 version was 3v3.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Just got a message from Xbox Live saying my Live subscription (which runs until 2013) is being extended for 7 days because I bought the Stimulus Package.

whoopee do :lol

Cerrius said:
Just got a message from Xbox Live saying my Live subscription (which runs until 2013) is being extended for 7 days because I bought the Stimulus Package.

7 days? for about 2 weeks one of the adverts on my xbox when turning it on was 2 months free if you buy the map pack.

You been conned, son :lol

Cerrius said:

Which, based on the yearly fee, amounts to about $1, or 80 MSP. So the map pack had a net cost of $14. That otta shut the haters up :lol.

celcius said:
Just made it to lv 40 :D
Easily the best multiplayer fps ever made.
Dude, if Modern Warfare is the best FPS you ever played....then what the HELL have you been playing. :lol So you like being overcharged for bullshit, care packages, bullshit killstreaks, camping players, absolutely HORRIBLE matchmaking, no dedicated servers, unbalanced perks, OMA-pro, Noob tubers, glitched matches, awful spawn placements, unbalanced weapons, most of the maps being shitty, etc. You call THAT the best FPS ever made?

whitehawk

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
Dude, if Modern Warfare is the best FPS you ever played....then what the HELL have you been playing. :lol So you like being overcharged for bullshit, care packages, bullshit killstreaks, camping players, absolutely HORRIBLE matchmaking, no dedicated servers, unbalanced perks, OMA-pro, Noob tubers, glitched matches, awful spawn placements, unbalanced weapons, most of the maps being shitty, etc. You call THAT the best FPS ever made?
:lol

TacticalFox88 said:

Opinions, son. Opinions.

InterMoniker said:
Talk about grasping for straws.

Have you been keeping up with the scheduled maintenance on your sarcasm monitor? You need to have the oil changed every 750 posts, and have it realigned every 3500 posts. I have a coupon if you'd like.

TacticalFox88 said:

You serious with that? lol. I have half a month almost played in this game and that's a majority of the time playing with randoms, in that time I've seen a grand total of one glitched match. While the game does have issues (what game doesn't?) a lot of them are blown COMPLETELY out of proportion.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
TacticalFox88 said:

Overlord Hunter Two One, troll is oscar mike. I repeat, troll is oscar mike. Stay frosty.

GodofWine said:
I was enjoying the game, until I took a break to play MAG....now, MW2 feels like Im playing tag with 12 meth-heads in a padded room (with endless air support just to F things up further).

Its a fun game, but its so absurd when you think about it that they might as well call it COD: Modern Arcade Twitch Shooter, give us lasers (cause thats how accurate the gun all are), and replace the humans with a species capable of doing the things people do in this game.
hahahaha :lol

zero margin said:
You serious with that? lol. I have half a month almost played in this game and that's a majority of the time playing with randoms, in that time I've seen a grand total of one glitched match. While the game does have issues (what game doesn't?) a lot of them are blown COMPLETELY out of proportion.

Totally. The worst glitch was the javglitch and other glitches such as the infinite care package I saw on the minimum. Like I said in that other CoD thread today, I'm constantly devising new strategies, loadouts, and new stuff every day since the game came out. I see so many people rage about this game its unbelievable. But thats ok, less bitching and whining in this thread when they move over to BC2.

One of my buddies lives down the block from me and has the same internet service as I do. He's always blaming the connection/lag/glitches on how bad he does(while I'm always doing fine) but never admits that maybe its his skill lacking or he needs to change up/improve his game.

Jrmint

TacticalFox88 said:
I think you misclicked the thread, the BFBC2 troll on MW2 thread is a few links down.

Thanks.

ZZMitch

TacticalFox88 said:
Jesus, there are other threads designed for trolling MW2... this thread is for people who enjoy the game, sorry.

ZZMitch

fourzerotwo

The new Modern Warfare 2 playlist update is LIVE. It added the First Person Team Tactical (4 v 4) playlist. #MW2 #xboxlive

Glad that team tactical is back but wtf is with its domination and demolition? Demolition came up three times in a fucking row and domination twice. The only other type was team deathmatch.

I need some more variation

kaizoku

ZZMitch said:
I guess 3rd Person Cage Match was removed in the update.

what?? I fucking loved that mode! It was hilarious, tense as hell and I was freakishly good at it. :(

althought trying to get a game was annoying, stupid kids asking to boost all the time.

Team tactical sounds good....but I'm worried my mates won't be anywhere near organised or hardcore enough to have any joy against real teams.

TacticalFox88 said:

Its far from the best fps ever made, but its not as bad as your making out :lol - when you dont get cheap opponents the game is actually quite fun.

Why do I get cheap opponents so often :(

Either way, buying the map pack nets you 2 months of free xbox live!?? How did I not know this, this definatly adds value to the pack. Can anyone confirm it?

Jrmint

bobs99 ... said:
Either way, buying the map pack nets you 2 months of free xbox live!?? How did I not know this, this definatly adds value to the pack. Can anyone confirm it?
A week, not 2 months lol. And only if you bought the map pack on day 1.

It would be cool if there was a 2 on 2 playlist for TDM or Hardcore TDM. You and a buddy vs him and his buddy. Use some actual tactics instead of just 12 people clusterfucking eachother. :lol

Yeah it can be used for boosting but really, as long as FFA is in the game, people are always gonna find a way to boost.

I almost broke 40 kills in TDM with my spas only class last night on salvage. That thing really tears things up.

Enosh

christ I got bad at this game

usualy ended in the top 3-5, now somewhere in the middle, closer to the bottom 5 :(

I need to stop pressing Q all the time like in BC2 :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
In the first 4 and half months I only had two perfect games of 20+ kills and no deaths. Then I had 3 in two days over the weekend going 24-0, 22-0, and 21-0. Also had some nears misses going 20-1 three times. When I have games like that though the match always ends very quickly.

With those and a ton of other good games I managed to raise my KDR a whopping .02.

NJ Shlice

Hey guys. A friend and I made a strategy guide app based on different playing styles. It's called "MW2 Strategies" The user selects a playing style and we provide them with a recommended class, full writeup, and we show them a map of where to fight from, where to expect enemies, and where to use their killstreaks.

20100406-ewf76ffpsyae8w26emytpcykri.png

20100406-td1nqn8bhfjp9kxp68h5h5hsar.png

Here is the direct link for the app in iTunes or Appstore:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mw2-strategies-call-duty-modern/id365838057?mt=8

And here are some codes to download it for free. We could really use some good reviews:
NRAXJ64HF7XN
PRA9T73WHPX6
AENYEW3TXTT7
F7EW6334WLTT
J7XNFR9A7YAL
4JFXH46RTW6E
97WPWNLNEKTF
HFMXXAJPFKAF
HRN9EHRHMHAT
6AJRK96KMXFN

ultim8p00

Banned
zam said:
In my case it couldn't have been footsteps, and hacks are actually very prevalent in mw2 due to the ease of using jtagged consoles in matchmaking.

aku:jiki can attest to how telepathetic the players were in that game, there was no way they knew exactly where we were with a hack when they were looking in one direction for 5 minutes and then turning around and blasting you in the face when you tried sneaking up on the,.

I've done this lots of times. It's not as haxish as you think. It's called situational awareness. For example, if you are looking straight ahead and you hear footsteps, and none of your teammates are around you on the radar, then it's a probably someone trying to sneek up on you. I always run around with my M1014 unless im in the open, which I usually am not, so I always get people who are trying to sneek up on me from behind 90% of the time because they usually have Commando on and not Ninja Pro. Also my sensitivity is on like 8 so I turn around pretty fast. Combine that with the large spread of a shotgun and its dealiness at close-range and trying to sneek up on me is pretty suicidal.

Also, I just want to say that ever since I bought this game, I don't regret it overall. It's so much fun. Have I had bad days? Yeah, lots of them. Have I ran into cheating fucks, campers, noobtubers? Yep. But they really haven't been that big a deal to me. My 1.05 K/D isn't that great, and I have a 50% win ratio so I'm not always winning or anything like that. But for some reason, I still have fun. I haven't run into that many glitchers in the game, and when I do, I just stop playing for a bit. Maybe I'm just lucky?

NJ Shlice

divisionbyzorro said:
You want us to endorse an iPhone app where you charge for information that could be found in a FAQ online for free? :lol :lol

You find me a site online that has a FAQ for where I should put my killstreaks on every map or where I should hide while I'm in my Chopper Gunner for a nuke.

The value in the app is it's convenience and collection of tips in one place.

Enosh said:
christ I got bad at this game

Happened to me as well. I took a month or so off to play other stuff and in-between my skills getting rusty and people getting better it ended up not pretty. Playing the stimulus playlist and combined with me not really ever playing those modes (sabotage, domination, cap. the flag) didn't help either.

otakuderek

NJ Shlice said:
Hey guys. A friend and I made a strategy guide app based on different playing styles. It's called "MW2 Strategies" The user selects a playing style and we provide them with a recommended class, full writeup, and we show them a map of where to fight from, where to expect enemies, and where to use their killstreaks.

And here are some codes to download it for free. We could really use some good reviews:

I used:

J7XNFR9A7YAL

pffft

Neo Member
hey guys. i need your help. i recently moved into a new house, and set up wifi with my ps3. unfortunately since the move, i've had a lot of trouble finding matches. at the top right, it'll just say "testing 0.0%: 0/25 good games" and usually just sit there, maybe going up to 12% but never finding a game. my NAT type is open. my router/modem is a netgear cgd24g.

i talked to the IT guys on campus and they told me it was probably a port issue, and handed me this piece of paper with some ports i'm supposed to open up, but honestly, i'm not that handy when it comes to the inner-workings up my computer, so i'm not sure i've done everything correctly.

would anyone mind helping me out here? i haven't been able to play a match in like two weeks and it's killing me.

NJ Shlice said:
You find me a site online that has a FAQ for where I should put my killstreaks on every map or where I should hide while I'm in my Chopper Gunner for a nuke.

The value in the app is it's convenience and collection of tips in one place.

I'm just jealous I didn't think of the idea first ;)

I don't see any value in it, but I'm sure some people will. I won't waste one of your codes because I am not at all the kind of person you want reviewing this app.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cool.

Never hurts to have MW2 maps on my Ipod. Now I can show my friends exactly where I mean when I am explaining shit to them.

Gave you guys a great review. You really upped my KDR in such a short time. :D

Top Bottom