• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Best thing I ever had in terms of kill streak value is an AC130, only had it about 3 times in the 100 or so care packages I have had over my limited time in multi.

I like harriers, easy to get and there's always a few games where no one on the enemy side bothers to shoot the thing down :lol

USD said:
Wait... so people actually charge for tenth prestige lobbies? :lol I've gotten plenty of random "message to all recent players" about the lobbies, but this guy was charging $15 on PayPal to join. 15 bucks for some shitty titles and icons? Blows me away.
between tuesday night and thursday morning while I had a friends copy of the game I had about 5 adverts about 10th lobbys or boosting parties, two of them were voice messages from a young kid of like 12 and some random post match xbl messages more or less saying "10th £5 per person" and "2100 MSP card 10th lobby" :lol :lol :lol

USD said:
Wait... so people actually charge for tenth prestige lobbies? :lol I've gotten plenty of random "message to all recent players" about the lobbies, but this guy was charging $15 on PayPal to join. 15 bucks for some shitty titles and icons? Blows me away.

It blows me away how silly it is. People pay full price for the game, then they pay a little more to take the fun out of it. :lol

Yeah im exagerrating, but seriously, is that icon worth paying 15 quid for? It would be better to just prestige once or twice till it gets tedious and then just play the game properly

DoomGyver

bobs99 ... said:
It blows me away how silly it is. People pay full price for the game, then they pay a little more to take the fun out of it. :lol

Yeah im exagerrating, but seriously, is that icon worth paying 15 quid for? It would be better to just prestige once or twice till it gets tedious and then just play the game properly
Yeah it's crazy, It's also odd that activision hasn't dipped into that market yet. $20 and everything is unlocked plus you get an exclusive title!!!!!!

Dresden

Full Recovery said:
Yeah it's crazy, It's also odd that activision hasn't dipped into that market yet. $20 and everything is unlocked plus you get an exclusive title!!!!!!
I'll know who to blame when they release a Prestige Pack.

Full Recovery said:
The unique callsign should say "Bought my way to victory" and the picture should be of kotick with a bunch of £50 notes in the air.

Koroshi said:
An 'exclusive title'?

There's an emblem which nobody has figured out how to legitimately earn:

zmq3b.gif

zam

divisionbyzorro said:
There's an emblem which nobody has figured out how to legitimately earn:

zmq3b.gif
Yeah, I don't get why people are so horny for that emblem that they will pay money to get it (well and 10th prestige as well), if you put it on you are basically saying "Hey guys I bought my 10th prestige!!"

tsigo

zam said:
Yeah, I don't get why people are so horny for that emblem that they will pay money to get it (well and 10th prestige as well), if you put it on you are basically saying "Hey guys I bought my 10th prestige!!"

Also? It's stupid-looking.

mclaren777

I tried the MW2 demo last night and I wasn't overly impressed. How does that level (Cliffhanger) compare to the rest of the game?

mclaren777 said:
I tried the MW2 demo last night and I wasn't overly impressed. How does that level (Cliffhanger) compare to the rest of the game?
I think Cliffhanger is one of the best levels, hence why they used it for the demo. There's more action in some of the other levels, but that's about it. It's mostly the same deal.

I've looked but can find any info so here goes. I was wondering if their is a current cheat that causes barrels to explode randomly that people are using in multiplayer. I saw this happen a few times for no apparant reason.

sweetfish

Gold Member
moop2000 said:
I've looked but can find any info so here goes. I was wondering if their is a current sheat that causes barrels to explode randomly that people are using in multiplayer. I saw this happen a few times for no apparant reason.

Are you sure they weren't burning before exploding?

yeah, we were playign a bunch of glitching rankers and when a certain one would get shot the barrel that someone was hiding near which was no where near the action would explode.

aku:jiki

I guess this already got some other thread, but I'm too lazy to search and it should be posted in here too.

Black Ops multiplayer trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMX6R6WB82g

Awesome things:
- RC car killstreak reward! :lol
- The placeable camera thing for making awesome traps.
- The blowgun! :lol
- Double-stabbing people with the blowgun!
- Crossbow looks fucking awesome.
- The inclusion of the care package implies that there will be lots of killstreaks, and high ones too. :D

aku:jiki said:
I guess this already got some other thread, but I'm too lazy to search and it should be posted in here too.

Black Ops multiplayer trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMX6R6WB82g

Awesome things:
- RC car killstreak reward! :lol
- The placeable camera thing for making awesome traps.
- The blowgun! :lol
- Double-stabbing people with the blowgun!
- Crossbow looks fucking awesome.
- The inclusion of the care package implies that there will be lots of killstreaks, and high ones too. :D

That "other thread" was started by yours truly, and contains much less love :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403495

Oh wow, what's with all the haters saying it looks "exactly like MW2?" It looks nothing like MW2 at all!
It looks a lot like MW2... maybe MW2 on steroids, like some MW2 fanfiction or something.

iNvid02

PetriP-TNT said:
You paid 50 bucks for this? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

it'd be worth it in the end (i think)
i've increased my subscribers my 500 in the past hour
when i post my machinima videos they'll get more views which equals more money.

call it an investment :lol

I'm actually more impressed than I thought I would be. They have some cool ideas like the cam and little car thing. I'm liking the maps, too. More impressed than when I saw W@W.

mr_boo

Strider2K99 said:
Because this is GAF.
It's interesting to see how many GAF members came out under a rock to comment on the MP trailer. I didn't know the GAF community had that many interested COD persons. We'll see how many stick around once the game's 6 months old.

iNvidious01 said:
it'd be worth it in the end (i think)
i've increased my subscribers my 500 in the past hour
when i post my machinima videos they'll get more views which equals more money.

call it an investment :lol
people get money from machinima videos? I though internet money didn't exist

PetriP-TNT said:
people get money from machinima videos? I though internet money didn't exist
Youtube partners make money based on views and subscribers. This is how soilder boy makes his money and the reason youtube loses so much money a year. Bad business model by youtube, free money for people.

snap0212

I just got my copy back from a friend. Thought about getting back into it now that the next game is on the horizon. If anyone wants to play hit me up with a PM. I'm playing on the PS3. :)

So I challenged one of my friends to a 1v1 game on LAN PS3. He's a legit tenth prestige who had around a 2.30 kdr. I lost 30-20 on subbase and lost $5 on it. It was also the first time I had ever played him. Here's the thing he played it with radar always on. I had never played like that also I only had like 3 classes to work with. I also don't like playing with the ps3 controller. Tell me why they decided that L1/R1 are bettter for ads/shoot over R2/L2. It just doesn't doesn't make sence to me.

Critical Jeff said:
So I challenged one of my friends to a 1v1 game on LAN PS3. He's a legit tenth prestige who had around a 2.30 kdr. I lost 30-20 on subbase and lost $5 on it. It was also the first time I had ever played him. Here's the thing he played it with radar always on. I had never played like that also I only had like 3 classes to work with. I also don't like playing with the ps3 controller. Tell me why they decided that L1/R1 are bettter for ads/shoot over R2/L2. It just doesn't doesn't make sence to me.

I think it's generally accepted that the R2/L2 triggers are a mess on the DS3. Especially due to their shape and mushy tension, they are a nightmare to have to hold down for any amount of time (for a significant number people) so generally most games will use the L1/R1 keys instead.
The problem with these that you may or may not be experiencing, is that though they have so little travel, they are analog, and not digital.

kuYuri

Koroshi said:
I love how this thread has shriveled up ever since the Black Ops thread was made. :lol

Well, considering we're still waiting on info and date for the next patch that's supposed to tweak OMA, fix the Fuel rock glitch, and such, there really isn't much to talk about. Resurgence has already come and gone on all platforms.

yoopoo

Banned
Never gave RPD a chance in this game since all the assault rifles are so strong. Since the prestige I'm loving the RPD...marathon works great with it, its point and kill :eek:

Strider2K99 said:
Well, considering we're still waiting on info and date for the next patch that's supposed to tweak OMA, fix the Fuel rock glitch, and such, there really isn't much to talk about. Resurgence has already come and gone on all platforms.
Are there any plans for more maps?

cdyhybrid

Ogs said:
Can someone explain to me why some people shout "HITMARKER !!!" when i kill them ?

They probably shot you on their screen and got a hitmarker but you ended up killing them. Probably just complaining that you got shot but didn't die.

USD

yoopoo said:
Never gave RPD a chance in this game since all the assault rifles are so strong. Since the prestige I'm loving the RPD...marathon works great with it, its point and kill :eek:
RPD is ace. The great thing is you also got the LMG clip, so you can hold your ground and as well as press better than you can with any assault rifle.

aku:jiki

rezuth said:
Dude... What was that video? Totally spastic and all over the place. Why do cuts all the time to show you killing 1-2 people?
Are you serious? It's called a montage, and his is a pretty damn nice one.

Strider2K99 said:
Nothings been announced or hinted, but my guess is that there will be no more map packs for MW2. But again, just a guess.
I think the fact that they're rolling out the BO hype machine in full gear right now is all the proof we need that there won't be any more MW2 map packs. Activision wouldn't want to take attention away from another map pack by releasing a teaser trailer for BO, and setting this whole "multiplayer reveal" date, etc.

Are you serious? It's called a montage, and his is a pretty damn nice one.

I think the fact that they're rolling out the BO hype machine in full gear right now is all the proof we need that there won't be any more MW2 map packs. Activision wouldn't want to take attention away from another map pack by releasing a teaser trailer for BO, and setting this whole "multiplayer reveal" date, etc.

I agree. I do remember them releasing a WaW Map Pack after MW2 was shown, and then another well into MW2's marketing swing. But i think there gonna do things differently, and just halt the most recent CoD, and get the next one in the public's eye.

Top Bottom