• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Fuck. Every time a huge game I want comes out people are talking about KMart selling it early and they all closed down in my area like a decade ago :\

M.D

Well shit.
I can get this game right now. like, walk into a store and get it right now.
A pretty big network broke the street date where I live. They actually announced it on Facebook lol

If I just had some money to spare..

Here is a shot of the back for those who are interested.

2nib0o4.jpg

aristotle

M.D said:
Well shit.
I can get this game right now. like, walk into a store and get it right now.
A pretty big network broke the street date where I live. They actually announced it on Facebook lol

If I just had some money to spare..

And you're not saying where from why exactly?

Miggytronz

called 1 gamestop.

Lady asks me what im looking for.

I tell her.

She says lemme check, puts me on hold.

Comes back saying they dont even have them in yet.

:|

Shes prolly clueless as to wtf i was refering to.

amar212

Please, if anyone knows this details about Team Tactical:

- 3vs3 or 4vs4?
- which modes in rotation?
- first-person I hope?

Thanx in advance.

CyReN

Walmart hosting Modern Warfare 3 tournaments prior to midnight release

You can go ahead and cancel that intricate, Ocean's Eleven-style Gamestop heist you've been planning -- we've discovered a sure-fire way to get your hands on Modern Warfare 3 before its release. Just roll on up to your nearest (participating) Walmart at 8 p.m. on November 7, and you'll get to participate in a Modern Warfare 3 tournament, the winner of which will get a free copy of the game. The losers? They'll probably get those Walmart smiley face stickers. It's win-win!

Sure, that just gives you four hours with the game before you can play it indefinitely in the comfort of your own gaming cave. Still, have you played competitive Call of Duty at launch before? Four hours of extra insight is enough to turn the tide of any given match. Like the Joes say, knowing is half the battle, and the other half is having ninja-like reflexes and an unending pool of tolerance for having slurs hurled at you by sixth graders.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/03/walmart-hosting-modern-warfare-3-tournaments-prior-to-midnight-r/

My new Walmart down the street is doing it, I'll try it out, won the last Halo one at Gamestop lol.

Effect

CitizenCope said:
Yeah I'm worried about this also. So much shit in the air. Too much shit in the air.

Which is why if I end up getting the game it's going to be for the Wii again. I've played both the Wii and PC versions of Black Ops. Wii versions's lack of certain kill streaks is indeed a big positive. It makes the game better I feel. The Wii version of MW3 will certainly lack certain air kill streaks and the game will more then likely be better for it as well.

Trexid

Neo Member
My Best Buy said they have to run Black Ops tournament before midnight launch because they cant break the MW3 street date before Midnight.

Called my K-mart on the Central Coast of Cali but they told me "not till the 8th" so I think they got the memo early.

Kyoufu

Effect said:
Which is why if I end up getting the game I'm going to prefer the Wii version. I've played both the Wii and PC versions of Black Ops. Wii versions's lack of certain kill streaks is indeed a big positive. It makes the game better I feel. The Wii version of MW3 will certainly lack certain air kill streaks and the game will more then likely be better for it as well.

In what universe is the Wii version better than PS360PC versions?

Madtown_

CitizenCope said:
Yeah I'm worried about this also. So much shit in the air. Too much shit in the air.
There are still launchers, and there's a few support killstreaks that take down air support or simply don't kill while in the air. I don't really understand the big deal being made of this, or the 25 (gun) kill streak award.

The MOAB will be a rare occurrence. 25 kill streaks don't happen very often, particularly without killstreaks. Even in Mw2 with ridiculous killstreaks nukes weren't easy for many people..

Effect

Hmm. Better might not be the right word. I retract that. "More enjoyable to me" works better. The HD versions look better no doubt but that doesn't matter if I'm constantly dying as a result of all the air kill streaks in the game and instantly die as soon as I respawn. I don't think it's fair when even my own team has a chopper gunner type kill streak in the air. That was horrible in MW2. Less so in BO but still a pain. I made sure my secondary was a launcher no matter what gun I had because of that. As soon as a chopper went up I made it my number one goal to take it down. Dislike those things that much. MW3 sounds just as bad in this regard. If unlocks are similar to MW2 it will take multiple shots to take some of these things down and weapons that do it sooner will take a while to unlock.

Miggytronz

So the way they talk about Facebook integration is that you can join anyone playing MW3 on FB on the fly if space is available? I hope thats what it is.

soultron

Banned
Effect said:
Which is why if I end up getting the game it's going to be for the Wii again. I've played both the Wii and PC versions of Black Ops. Wii versions's lack of certain kill streaks is indeed a big positive. It makes the game better I feel. The Wii version of MW3 will certainly lack certain air kill streaks and the game will more then likely be better for it as well.
An over-abundance of air support was what really killed my enjoyment of the post-COD4 entries. I loved COD4 because a chopper or airstrike only happened so often -- and they felt like they meant something when they happened. Now, there's so much shit in the air at any given moment that I am always forced to waste a perk slot just so that I don't have to go through the hassle of shooting down air support. I feel that the overuse of airsupport cheapens the effect and value they once had. They're old hat now -- to me, at least.

TL;DR: I feel your pain.

I need to do some reading to see if the air support is toned down in this game. If so, I'll go for it. If not, I think I'm just going to skip it.

Madtown_ said:
There are still launchers, and there's a few support killstreaks that take down air support or simply don't kill while in the air. I don't really understand the big deal being made of this, or the 25 (gun) kill streak award.

The MOAB will be a rare occurrence. 25 kill streaks don't happen very often, particularly without killstreaks. Even in Mw2 with ridiculous killstreaks nukes weren't easy for many people..

Gonnna be a lot of "boosters" trying like hell to get that first MOAB. Hopefully we get some insane Sandy Ravage booster justice vids.

Radec

I wonder if the "Airspace" will have limits like in MW2..

I can still remember not be able to call my Harrier + AC130 because of that lol.

soultron

Banned
Just watched the social media features video. The app that allows you to customize and push new loadouts from your phone is crazy.

Addnan

I prestiged in MW1 and MW2, didn't prestige in WAW xbox version, only on PS3 :( and kinda got bored of blops. Might try to get it from a friend over the weekend and grind out a prestige. I think I stopped around lv 40.

LowParry

Addnan said:
I prestiged in MW1 and MW2, didn't prestige in WAW xbox version, only on PS3 :( and kinda got bored of blops. Might try to get it from a friend over the weekend and grind out a prestige. I think I stopped around lv 40.

Too bad you didn't play BO earlier for the double xp. You'd of had it done quick in a couple of days easy.

Addnan

CcrooK said:
Too bad you didn't play BO earlier for the double xp. You'd of had it done quick in a couple of days easy.
Is double not still on? Damn, I thought its lasting up until launch. :(.

Disguises

Effect said:
I'm with you! (Again, I think!). I will only be getting MW3 for Wii this year. No double dipping for me again
until Christmas probably - I'M SO WEAK

Radec said:
Been browsing some old MW2 vids and wtf at this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAc6gw4q20E

how did those guys became so good at those snipers.

so good.

Please don't feed these people's desire for recognition. I joined a BLOPS match today for the first time in 6 months (need to get comfortable with the controls again) and two people were climbing onto balconies and windows and doing 360 spins while jumping off.

Not helping their team, not getting kills....just trying to get lucky shots so they can create montage videos.

Honestly it was pretty frustrating to watch as my team lost badly.

Top Bottom