• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

The Xtortionist said:
So is anyone on track to create a GAF clan on Elite or should I do it?

edit - I'll have the founder double xp btw

If you decide to do it start taking gamertags so everyone can be added asap for Day 1 clan play and benefits :)

jgminto

The Xtortionist said:
So is anyone on track to create a GAF clan on Elite or should I do it?

edit - I'll have the founder double xp btw
So if I don't have the Elite sub I can still join the clan right? And I get the XP bonus?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Question for Brian or anyone else who has the game — can you confirm that there's no detailed stat section in-game like Black Ops' combat record? Is it back to just being that little panel under barracks that lists career kills, deaths, wins, score, etc? A couple posters have been wondering this.

Also, if anyone has prestige tokens, could you try spending one on "unlock gear" for a weapon you haven't unlocked yet and see if it works?

Thanks!

OK, someone start a list. I don't know if I'll need your callofduty.com account name or not. I also don't know if the clan is cross-platform. If not, it'll be 360 only. Someone else will need to make a PS3 GAF clan.

bluehat9

For anyone with the game, can you check to see if there is a merc moshpit playlist (or any mercenary list other than team deathmatch)? Thanks.

PS_John

Neo Member
vatstep said:
Question for Brian or anyone else who has the game — can you confirm that there's no detailed stat section in-game like Black Ops' combat record? Is it back to just being that little panel under barracks that lists career kills, deaths, wins, score, etc? A couple posters have been wondering this.

Also, if anyone has prestige tokens, could you try spending one on "unlock gear" for a weapon you haven't unlocked yet and see if it works?

Thanks!

Fourzerotwo just confirmed on twitter you can't use 'Unlock gear' until you've prestiged

Q: So if I have 3 prestige tokens at midnight release will I be able to grab dead silence right off the bat?
A: No, because while the prestige shop is open from day 1, the unlock gear reward isn't unlocked until first prestige.

The Xtortionist said:
OK, someone start a list. I don't know if I'll need your callofduty.com account name or not. I also don't know if the clan is cross-platform. If not, it'll be 360 only. Someone else will need to make a PS3 GAF clan.

Gamertag & GAF Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents

FINALBOSS said:
No FN-FAL? :(

Nope.

Also to anyone who wants to join the clan, it should be up and running by 2PM Pacific on 11/8. That's 5PM Eastern. I'll do my best to establish the clan and add everyone as soon as I get my copy. Hopefully there aren't any technical issues with Elite.

And what should the exact clan name be? "MW3 GAF", "NeoGAF MW3", etc...?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
PS_John said:
Fourzerotwo just confirmed on twitter you can't use 'Unlock gear' until you've prestiged

Q: So if I have 3 prestige tokens at midnight release will I be able to grab dead silence right off the bat?
A: No, because while the prestige shop is open from day 1, the unlock gear reward isn't unlocked until first prestige.
Okay, that's what I thought. I mentioned that here last night and some people didn't believe me, but I couldn't find his initial tweet about it. I think that's fair, though, that you need to earn the stuff the traditional way first.

jgminto

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto

edit: Remember it's your Call of Duty account and your Gamertag. If you don't have a callofduty.com account go make one.

The Xtortionist said:
Nope.

Also to anyone who wants to join the clan, it should be up and running by 2PM Pacific on 11/8. That's 5PM Eastern. I'll do my best to establish the clan and add everyone as soon as I get my copy. Hopefully there aren't any technical issues with Elite.

And what should the exact clan name be? "MW3 GAF", "NeoGAF MW3", etc...?

Sounds good. And I think just NeoGAF would do. Or GAF. No need to have the name of the game in the clan name.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS, DreamVsPS2

PS3 version for me, Psn-Nighthawk17

For NYC Gaffers I've checked all my usual spots in brooklyn, everyone is saying monday, I had one place tell me friday-monday so that's a monday. I found a place in the bronx, they were selling them for 100 a pop but they sold out :(

NYC has really slipped ever since MW2

the wait torture continues...

jgminto

Are any of you guys practising for your respective midnight launch tournaments? I've been playing MW2 quite a bit so it's not as embarrassing as my Halo Reach midnight tournament.

jgminto said:
Are any of you guys practising for your respective midnight launch tournaments? I've been playing MW2 quite a bit so it's not as embarrassing as my Halo Reach midnight tournament.

Getting it from Amazon on Tuesday : (

College sucks.

matics said:
Shiiit the pre-order for hardened on Gamestop's site isn't store pickup. Their shipping probably sucks ass huh?

I already have the regular edition on hold at my Gamestop.

So has anybody ever gotten a game shipped from Gamestop's site?

Mayyhem

Is the mountain dew and doritos dubexp promotion USA-Only?

I hope Canada never got shafted. I just heard about this and I want some Double EXP time

kuYuri

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99

PS_John said:

Called it. I knew there's no way they would allow that much of an advantage for day 1 players.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, we don't know that sitrep pro negates dead silence pro?

The community manager didn't answer me about it either.

The Xtortionist said:

Count me in, we're already friended too. ;)

AlienShogun

snack

Strider2K99 said:
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2

Called it. I knew there's no way they would allow that much of an advantage for day 1 players.
Makes a lot of sense. Level playing field DAY ONE!

snack

Can you join MW3 clans without subscribing to Elite? Also, will Elite be avaialble further down the road? I am waiting out on it to see whether or not the map packs are worth it. I understand there's a discount for the packs when buying the Elite sub.

Alienshogun said:
So, we don't know that sitrep pro negates dead silence pro?

The community manager didn't answer me about it either.

He answered someone else about it last week. SitRep Pro *will* cancel out DS. Hopefully the pro challenge isn't a bitch in this one.

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
@lDirtyDonkeyl Yes. SitRep Pro cancels Dead Silence.

snack

4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
7. The Japanator, The Japanator

cameltoe

The Xtortionist said:
He answered someone else about it last week. SitRep Pro *will* cancel out DS. Hopefully the pro challenge isn't a bitch in this one.

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
@lDirtyDonkeyl Yes. SitRep Pro cancels Dead Silence.

sitrep pro it is then!

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
7. cameltoe, cameltoe

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
snack said:
Can you join MW3 clans without subscribing to Elite? Also, will Elite be avaialble further down the road? I am waiting out on it to see whether or not the map packs are worth it. I understand there's a discount for the packs when buying the Elite sub.

I think you can JOIN a clan for free with the Elite "free".

cameltoe

just found this on the COD forums

@GlenSchofield Please tell me you'll be resetting stats, quite a number of people have it and are now starting to play mp with a 6 day start
8 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@GlenSchofield
Glen Schofield
@mw2ninja I believe we will.

Kyoufu

cameltoe said:
just found this on the COD forums

@GlenSchofield Please tell me you'll be resetting stats, quite a number of people have it and are now starting to play mp with a 6 day start
8 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@GlenSchofield
Glen Schofield
@mw2ninja I believe we will.

That sucks for those who bought the game early.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Kyoufu said:

Well, I remember David V. saying the same thing during Blops release...and it didn't happen. Not too sure how difficult a task like that is, but the launch of every COD always has the employees of IW/Treyarch all over the leaderboards.

MechDX

Kyoufu said:

No its justice. Sweet, internet justice.
l562820300.jpg

Madtown_

jgminto said:
Do we have an approximate range on the Trophy System yet? Also how many explosives can it destroy before breaking?
What is the trophy system? I thought I knew everything, I guess not!
I did a quick scan of the OP and I missed it or it's not there.

kuYuri

jgminto said:
Do we have an approximate range on the Trophy System yet? Also how many explosives can it destroy before breaking?

Two times.

Madtown_ said:
What is the trophy system? I thought I knew everything, I guess not!
I did a quick scan of the OP and I missed it or it's not there.

Tactical equipment that stops explosives.

Top Bottom