• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

If you don't subscribe to ELITE, it is the way it was.

DLC packs are just split up and fed to ELITE members ahead of time. The full DLC pack will be available to everyone else in March just like always.

Thank you, sir. It seems everything I read conflicted with something else I had read somewhere else.

DRE Fei

According to 402, the striker was nerfed and the other shotguns were buffed. Whatever.

Liberation is an absolutely horrible map with horrible spawns like always. Characters blend in with the environment so much. This is a Type 95/MK14/ACR map with marksman all day. I hope you guys have assassin pro!

Piazza feels like a bunch of favela-like elevated game play without the little rooms and just a shitload of stairs. Stairs on stairs on stairs on stairs. Also, horrible spawns as you would expect.

Final verdict: Piazza is less shitty and Activision should be ashamed of themselves.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
According to 402, the striker was nerfed and the other shotguns were buffed. Whatever.

Liberation is an absolutely horrible map with horrible spawns like always. Characters blend in with the environment so much. This is a Type 95/MK14/ACR map with marksman all day. I hope you guys have assassin pro!

Piazza feels like a bunch of favela-like elevated game play without the little rooms and just a shitload of stairs. Stairs on stairs on stairs on stairs. Also, horrible spawns as you would expect.

Final verdict: Piazza is less shitty and Activision should be ashamed of themselves.

Is there an old map you would compare Liberation to?

lionelhutz

Elite content calender, shows how and what they plan on releasing content for 360 version over the course of 9 months:

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

I can't believe a game mode is considered DLC. WTF. I want maps and nothing else. I understand some people want SpecOps and that's cool, but don't short us maps because of it. I don't even care if these are CoD4 or MW2 maps. Just release maps that work in all the standard game modes. 12 maps total over 9 months is deplorable. Fuck this, and fuck me for being stupid enough to buy into the Elite concept at launch.

DRE Fei

Is there an old map you would compare Liberation to?

I guess the closest thing is wasteland because of the (sort of) wide open nature and similar underground bunker it has.

Btw, the machinima live stream is here. Watch the horrible spawns with fourzerotwo live!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rShBqjyr0Zg&feature=youtu.be&a

Apparently, all shotguns shoot 9 pellets now except for the striker which shoots 6. Also they SUPPOSEDLY nerfed the fire rate on all akimbo weapons.

Nori Chan

I can't believe a game mode is considered DLC. WTF. I want maps and nothing else. I understand some people want SpecOps and that's cool, but don't short us maps because of it. I don't even care if these are CoD4 or MW2 maps. Just release maps that work in all the standard game modes. 12 maps total over 9 months is deplorable. Fuck this, and fuck me for being stupid enough to buy into the Elite concept at launch.

Maybe modes are single player? Idk

But 11 maps are great for me. After all Black ops had 12 too. And mw2 had only 10

kuYuri

Supposedly, latest update removed Stealth Bomber appearing on mini-map in color blind mode. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Confirmed. Turn off your color-blinds, parties over. ;D

DRE Fei

Here's the other fucked up thing about liberation: One of the teams actually spawns with a fall camo uniform, so it's even harder to see them than it normally would be on this map. Btw, did I mention the fucked up spawns? Needs another mention. I guess it doesn't matter anyway, since everyone is always either spawning under one of the bridges or in the bunker. lol

Here's the other fucked up thing about liberation: One of the teams actually spawns with a fall camo uniform, so it's even harder to see them than it normally would be on this map. Btw, did I mention the fucked up spawns? Needs another mention. I guess it doesn't matter anyway, since everyone is always either spawning under one of the bridges or in the bunker. lol

It makes sense. Why would a team go into a setting like that with no camo? Isn't that hard to see.

Also, I have yet to notice spawn issues.

Disappointed about the color blind thing.

I agree. The game modes better be damn good if they're considered "content drops." If it's something as simple as Drop Zone, then it's a cheap move by Activision. At least there's only two of them.

And I don't know if I can complain too much, seeing as I bought the Hardened Edition to get my Elite. $40 above the vanilla version, but with the steelbook and other goodies too. Essentially makes Elite more like a $20 or $30 purchase.

Jrmint

So number 1 I really like the new maps so far.

Few thoughts:

-It is such a horrible decision to mix new maps with the old ones. EVERYONE leaves the lobby as soon as there are no new maps in the 2 options. Seriously I don't know what the hell IW is thinking. All they had to do was give double xp for the week and make only new maps in the playlist for a month, and the games would be so much smoother and we wouldn't have to find new rooms after every damn match

-Piazza is an absolute blast with the MP7

-Liberation is fun for Domination, but I can imagine it being bad in TDM and/or Kill Confirmed

-I absolutely LOVE killing all these idiotic snipers standing in the middle of the freaking map on Liberation. I must have gotten 5-7 kills in 2 matches just killing all these kids who think they can snipe now because it is a big map. So hilarious.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People are so dumb. They'll load into a map when I'm host only to quit. Or quit at wave 10 when we need to get to wave 15 and are doing good.

WTF dude. If you don't want to play survival or the map, GTFO while it's saying "now beginning." SMH.

kuYuri

My opinion of the maps:

Pizza - I like it. I prefer CoD's smaller maps, so I feel right at home here. I'm already starting to get used to the layout. Lots of verticality, but also lots of places to hide.

Liberation - I've never been a big fan of large maps in CoD with a few exceptions. Liberation is one of those maps I'm not keen on. Be ready to use lots of UAVs/Recon Drones or Recon perk to help find people. Snipers feel right at home by blending in with the surroundings. I think this would be a great Domination map though. Spawns need tweaking, too much weight is put inside the underground bunker, especially in front of the stairs leading to the middle of the map.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit: Any tips for Veteran Co-Op non-Survival? We keep getting our shit pushed in by like five enemies all of a sudden two-shot killing us out of no where. :/

thoughts on all the stuff from today:

- Liberation is a great map. In fact the only problems I can currently think of for Liberation are the openness of the two spawn ends of the map and the fact that for some reason the game likes to respawn you in the middle of the map rather than on the ends of the map. I also suspect that as more people play Liberation we are going to see more people realize that the MK14 is too good at range even with a silencer.

- Piazza is interesting. I don't hate it, but unlike Liberation I haven't quite figured out all the paths of the map yet.

- The patch fixed some unexpected stuff. For example, I noticed that I now see a perk to pro perk transition indicator when I unlock pro perks in the middle of the game. There was another example but I can't currently remember

-It is such a horrible decision to mix new maps with the old ones. EVERYONE leaves the lobby as soon as there are no new maps in the 2 options. Seriously I don't know what the hell IW is thinking. All they had to do was give double xp for the week and make only new maps in the playlist for a month, and the games would be so much smoother and we wouldn't have to find new rooms after every damn match

They could have avoided this if they simply released map packs in decent numbers at a time rather than the sparse, uneven mess that they currently have scheduled. It's particularly sad when you consider that it sounds like a much smaller percentage will be new maps compared to the black ops dlc maps.

All the great stuff about this shotgun patch:

- The pump-action shotguns are now much more viable. You will still once in a while get a hitmarker but it's rarely more than 2 shots and never more than 3 and it's more than made up for by the range these shotguns now have from the extra pellets. The 1887, for example, can now get some ridiculous longshots every now and then, but on rare occasions you might lose a firefight because you barely didn't kill the opponent, and this is without range or damage.

- Now that the shotguns are great without the need for range or damage, you might see more people using the other proficiencies depending on the map. I could see some people finding use for the melee proficiency.

- MARK MY WORDS: you are going to see a lot more people using the USAS now that you don't need to level it up to 26 to get the great range. I just prestiged and found that even without any attachments or proficiencies the USAS felt comparable to the USAS with range and mags glitch.

- the striker was always great even without the mags glitch, so it's fitting that gun got a "nerf" (more like glitch fix). It wasn't quite what I wanted but since now all the shotguns have great range I don't think it really matters if the striker does 15 damage minimum per pellet without damage.

- since clearly we now know that IW will listen if enough people complain, I better hear more people finally demanding that the LMGs do more damage at a distance (They all should do 45-35 damage except the LSW should be 40-30 and the M60 should be 50-35). If they did that, nerfed the range of the MK14, and nerfed secondaries, then the game would be on COD4 levels of good balance.

maomaoIYP

- since clearly we now know that IW will listen if enough people complain, I better hear more people finally demanding that the LMGs do more damage at a distance (They all should do 45-35 damage except the LSW should be 40-30 and the M60 should be 50-35). If they did that, nerfed the range of the MK14, and nerfed secondaries, then the game would be on COD4 levels of good balance.

Why should the MK14 get a range nerf? Taking that away would be taking away the only advantage it has over every other AR. It has the poorest ironsights in the whole game, has average hipfire, and is semi auto. Also, it's nowhere near as powerful and easy to abuse as the FM9 or the Striker with ex mags glitch.

Radec

I'm getting bored on M4A1, any suggested gun that is fun to use? (excep shotguns)

I'm thinking of using the MP7 after I gold this M4A1.

Top Bottom