• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

eek5

I feel really bad on enemies calling out Advance UAVs. I shoot it down in like 5secs. Much earlier on Cobras and Strafe Run(my favorite KS to shoot down). And sometimes Care Package heli (before or after it drops the package)

AUAVs should be a 2-hits kill, it is bigger than a UAV/CUAV so it is much easier to see in the air and destroy.

Strafe run is so bad. It definitely should NOT blow up the helicopters next to it. 2 Stingers can take out the whole array and they aren't even that great if left untouched (way too easy to avoid)

It's pretty much a free predator missile when they come out

winnarps

Does the Impact proficiency aid in shooting at clusters of people, as in your bullets will go through bodies and hurt others behind them?

Makes me wonder if I had this equipped more often, shooting at groups would ensure I killed them all instead of getting stuck on the first guy and then dying to the second or third person running at me.

Madtown_

Strafe run is so bad. It definitely should NOT blow up the helicopters next to it. 2 Stingers can take out the whole array and they aren't even that great if left untouched (way too easy to avoid)

Yeah, they should do that, or make them Pave Lows up in the sky instead of hinds. Regardless, I really doubt they'll change it.

Does the Impact proficiency aid in shooting at clusters of people, as in your bullets will go through bodies and hurt others behind them?

Makes me wonder if I had this equipped more often, shooting at groups would ensure I killed them all instead of getting stuck on the first guy and then dying to the second or third person running at me.
Depending on the type of gun you're using, it may have an effect. If I recall, LMGS and ARs will fire through people by default. SMGs don't, however.

So I continued playing FFA last night, and my win streak is up to 81 using SMGs; the UMP, then PP90, MP5, and now PM9 (all for 500 kills each). Unless it's a big map, or a map with terrible spawns (Dome), I usually have a pretty steady-easy victory.

Recent Matches: http://i.imgur.com/rAs3A.jpg
Overall FFA:

Anyone else have any stretches where you just couldn't lose, in any game mode? I just started FFA in Mw3 but it seems like one of the easiest modes to win in.

maomaoIYP

It's more of a stinger issue than it is a strafe run issue. Shooting one of those helis down using a smaw only destroys the one you've shot.

So I continued playing FFA last night, and my win streak is up to 81 using SMGs; the UMP, then PP90, MP5, and now PM9 (all for 500 kills each). Unless it's a big map, or a map with terrible spawns (Dome), I usually have a pretty steady-easy victory.

Anyone else have any stretches where you just couldn't lose, in any game mode? I just started FFA in Mw3 but it seems like one of the easiest modes to win in.

Damn, that's a pretty impressive win streak. I used to be a huge FFA fan in COD4 where I had +50 win streak but those fucking boosters in MW2 made me quit playing FFA and haven't really played it that much in MW3 either. I don't know, maybe I should try it again now. I just hated the maps and the spawns when the game came out but I think I have gotten used to the maps now so might do better this time. And yeah, Dome was definitely one of the worst maps spawn wise...

By the way, does this game only count your gun kills towards your kill streak record? Just went 40-1 in Mission (easy mode with Striker) and my kill streak was only 19 even though I had 27 kills before I died. Same thing with the MOAB, only gun kills count, right?

Radec

By the way, does this game only count your gun kills towards your kill streak record? Just went 40-1 in Mission (easy mode with Striker) and my kill streak was only 19 even though I had 27 kills before I died. Same thing with the MOAB, only gun kills count, right?

Non-killstreak kills counts for the MOAB. (knife, equipments)

Madtown_

Damn, that's a pretty impressive win streak. I used to be a huge FFA fan in COD4 where I had +50 win streak but those fucking boosters in MW2 made me quit playing FFA and haven't really played it that much in MW3 either. I don't know, maybe I should try it again now. I just hated the maps and the spawns when the game came out but I think I have gotten used to the maps now so might do better this time. And yeah, Dome was definitely one of the worst maps spawn wise...

Yeah, cod4 ffa was pretty fun, too. Mw2, the problem for me was that it became a race to get a harrier or pave low and they would win the game for you. In mw3 I can go fast enough so that's not an issue.

Yeah, killstreaks don't count to your official streak (which probably a good thing with Juggernauts). Same with MOABs.

Is the Stinger better than the Javelin? I've never bothered trying it, I wasn't sure what the differences were.
For shooting things out of the sky, yes. It's faster and has two rockets. Doesn't kill people though..usually. Only locks on to a killstreak, where javelins can lock on to anything a certain distance away, but have a huge blast radius.

winnarps

I'm without audio at work, what was the general gist of it?

1. Unlock Dead Silence Pro and Extreme Conditioning Pro.
2. Create custom class with these equipped, and SMG/Shotgun w/ full mobility.
3. Join a game and go to a section of the map with a ledge and a fence to climb over - You need to be on a ledge, climb over it's fence, and then fall enough of a distance that would normally damage you. Arkaden has a great spot (shown in video).
4. Completing all 6 tiers of one Pro perk is worth 29k XP (relatively easy to do if you climb 100? objects / fall 100? times), both combined can give you 48k XP in one match without firing a shot (hard to do if people know where you are).

Easy XP only doable once per prestige.

Madtown_

I would also love to know this. Surely Drop Zone isnt the first and last varient to end up in matchmaking?

No, I imagine they will add more. I think RBowling wants to add Infection, but they're struggling with how to do it, with default classes, stats, etc, as Infection is such a different style of game compared to all others.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Blast shield is plenty nice in game modes like demo. Overkill depends on preference. I wouldn't say either is particularly bad.

I would make 1 change to blast shield that would give assassin a run for it's money, all they would have to do is make it so knife melee wasn't a one hit kill when blast shield is on.

I know some of you guys mentioned that we might be remembering MW2 as having better netcode than it really did, and that it's just as bad as MW3. So I decided to play both MW2 and MW3 back to back, and I gotta say, even now MW2 feels alot better than MW3.

Madtown_

I know some of you guys mentioned that we might be remembering MW2 as having better netcode than it really did, and that it's just as bad as MW3. So I decided to play both MW2 and MW3 back to back, and I gotta say, even now MW2 feels alot better than MW3.

Yeah there's no doubt it's consistently better, at least for me.

It's been patched, so no need to worry about it. It was some exploit as mentioned above.

I'm so confused with this Elite and paid Elite and free Elite and season of DLC and split DLC and early DLC. Ugh.

So ok. I think I have this much:
Elite (paid) users will get TWO new maps on the 24th.

So...then when are they available for us non-Elite?
Why have I seen 4 or 5 map names but Elite only gets 2 maps on the 24th? When do the rest of them come out? Will they all be available in one single package or...or they gonna be split up like this 2 at a time? How much does 2 maps cost if 4 or 5 costs 15 in the past?
Maybe I'm just not getting this but it seems kinda confusing. Wish they wouldve just left it the way it was.

eek5

I'm so confused with this Elite and paid Elite and free Elite and season of DLC and split DLC and early DLC. Ugh.

So ok. I think I have this much:
Elite (paid) users will get TWO new maps on the 24th.

So...then when are they available for us non-Elite?
Why have I seen 4 or 5 map names but Elite only gets 2 maps on the 24th? When do the rest of them come out? Will they all be available in one single package or...or they gonna be split up like this 2 at a time? How much does 2 maps cost if 4 or 5 costs 15 in the past?
Maybe I'm just not getting this but it seems kinda confusing. Wish they wouldve just left it the way it was.

If you don't subscribe to ELITE, it is the way it was.

DLC packs are just split up and fed to ELITE members ahead of time. The full DLC pack will be available to everyone else in March just like always.

Madtown_

If you don't subscribe to ELITE, it is the way it was.

DLC packs are just split up and fed to ELITE members ahead of time. The full DLC pack will be available to everyone else in March just like always.

Nicely done, you explained it far better than I would have. And it's dead on.

Well shit.

What a difference a connection makes. Returned from uni today and I just went 35-5. North Wales and Plusnet beats Liverpool's Virgin Media optic, so it would seem. This game is instantly playable again.

Playing black ops or any other cod for that mater is a relief! Actually having some map control and knowing where the enemy is most of the time.

Seriously what where they thinking making these maps lol. I doubt the spawning will be much improved largely by the way they designed the maps.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am at the point with lag that I don't know what I can do other than give up on the game. I get massive frame drops, enemies jumping from point to point.

My 360 is connected via ethernet, NAT shows open and ping test is 32ms.

Madtown_

Does anyone here use the cm901 or the pm9? I hear them both get ragged on so much and I've done very well with both. Why the hate?

I use the CM901 on occasion. It doesn't seem too bad, but there have been times where the recoil (w/o kick) has caused me to miss and die.

I used the PM9 for a while last night. It's dominant at close range but not enough for me to warrant sucking to the extent it does at medium range or more. Even as someone who used the MP5k in MW2 more than any SMG, I think using it is too difficult to be effective.

Sushen

Just unlocked Sitrap Pro which took forever. I start to understand the value of the perk, although hearing all the sound makes me freak out. I usually hang around enemies and I feel surrounded with this perk.

I use the CM901 on occasion. It doesn't seem too bad, but there have been times where the recoil (w/o kick) has caused me to miss and die.

I used the PM9 for a while last night. It's dominant at close range but not enough for me to warrant sucking to the extent it does at medium range or more. Even as someone who used the MP5k in MW2 more than any SMG, I think using it is too difficult to be effective.

Well, yeah. It's terrible long range. I find if you use it with the shotgun playstyle and minimize ranged encounters, it's a badass gun. I like it with silencer + rapid fire in those situations especially.

Just unlocked Sitrap Pro which took forever. I start to understand the value of the perk, although hearing all the sound makes me freak out. I usually hang around enemies and I feel surrounded with this perk.

Protip: Knifing your own trophy system counts towards sitrep.

alright, i can safely say that the PM-9's problem is that the only advantages it has over the PP90 at the moment are the rate of fire and 20 damage at range (and it doesn't even get the rate of fire advantage if both have rapid fire). THe disdvantages are:

- slower reload with less to gain from reload cancelling.
- damage drops off sooner
- much more visual recoil
- worse sights

It would probably have a purpose if they gave it a reload time comparable to pistols or gave it range comparable to the UMP.

alright, i can safely say that the PM-9's problem is that the only advantages it has over the PP90 at the moment are the rate of fire and 20 damage at range (and it doesn't even get the rate of fire advantage if both have rapid fire). THe disdvantages are:

- slower reload with less to gain from reload cancelling.
- damage drops off sooner
- much more visual recoil
- worse sights

It would probably have a purpose if they gave it a reload time comparable to pistols or gave it range comparable to the UMP.

Use it as a shotgun then. Reload time and iron sights are both fine too...

I use the hipfire like a shotgun, but the problem is that it can kill 1 or 2 guys and then I have to reload. My problem with the sights is that i can't take advantage of the fact that it does the highest DPS at mid range of any SMG because the sights jump so much and muzzle flash is so large that it even obscures my view when I burst fire and use a red dot or silencer.

Alternatively, they could buff the PM-9 by giving it slightly better hipfire so that it is better at ranged hipfire than other SMGs.

I would, and I did try to play it like a shotgun, but it's still too terrible for me. The P90 with Rapid Fire does the same job at close range and still allows for some medium range encounters, and more than 1-2 per reload.

Could just be the way I'm playing FFA right now but that's my take.

It's not just you. The gun needs something to make it either better at mid range than other SMGs or better at close range than other SMGs. Even the Uzi in CoD4 had some (it did more damage per second than the P90 at all ranges and was still usable at range if used a silencer and burst-fired). Even changing the PM-9's close range damage to 49 instead of 35 would help.

Also, the MP7 should do 17 damage at range instead of 20. A an SMG with such little recoil needs to do minimal damage at range.

Madtown_

I would try to play it like a shotgun, but it's still too terrible for me. The P90 with Rapid Fire does the same job at close range and still allows for some medium range encounters, and more than 1-2 per reload.

Could just be the way I'm playing FFA right now but that's my take.

Inversive

I found the CM901 was only usable with the noob tube increased fire rate bug, it's probably the worst assault rife without it which is a shame.

Madtown_

It's not just you. The gun needs something to make it either better at mid range than other SMGs or better at close range than other SMGs. Even the Uzi in CoD4 had some (it did more damage per second than the P90 at all ranges and was still usable at range if used a silencer and burst-fired). Even changing the PM-9's close range damage to 49 instead of 35 would help.

Also, the MP7 should do 17 damage at range instead of 20. A an SMG with such little recoil needs to do minimal damage at range.
I never got into the Uzi in cod4 except when golding it, but yeah, the PM9 needs something to make it more competitive, but I don't think they'll be changing it. Increase mag size by 10 and add some damage and there you go.

I haven't used the MP7 much yet because it has such a high level unlock. But yeah, that would make sense. Seems like the RoF is high, and there isn't recoil. Doubt any combo will beat the P90 rapid fire/exmags, personally.

Chittagong

Gold Member
j34mK.png

kids been busy today too

Inversive

I have yet to go negative with it. The AK is leagues worse.

My friend swears by the AK but i don't see how it can be good, it's like he's shooting in slow-mo. I'm still upset they ruined such an iconic badass weapon :(

Hmm btw did they ever nerf the dual machine pistols? I haven't played for a while so idk. Been 4 levels off 10th for ages :/

Inversive

It's my most used AR.

I think I have a 2.03 on it
Respect for doing well without resorting to the T95 or ACR (which is my most used). I loved the ACR from mw2 so it was only natural for me to use it on this game too. I actually thought it was a little weak when Mw3 was new. :p

Radec

I'm rocking the M4A1 now since I recently prestiged again.

I'm planning to get the 1000 headshots on the T95 but I'm still 400 short and I got bored on using it on 1 prestige run. I need to rest it a bit. :p

My friend swears by the AK but i don't see how it can be good, it's like he's shooting in slow-mo. I'm still upset they ruined such an iconic badass weapon :(

Hmm btw did they ever nerf the dual machine pistols? I haven't played for a while so idk. Been 4 levels off 10th for ages :/
doesn't seem like it to me

Top Bottom