• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

My friend swears by the AK but i don't see how it can be good, it's like he's shooting in slow-mo. I'm still upset they ruined such an iconic badass weapon :(

Hmm btw did they ever nerf the dual machine pistols? I haven't played for a while so idk. Been 4 levels off 10th for ages :/

The trick with the AK is that nearly all of its recoil is visual, so as long as you make sure your first shot is on the dot, you aren't going to have much trouble getting the next shots on them. I've used an ACOG on the AK and found the only annoying thing was how long it took to aim down the scope.

I'm guessing your friend has realized this as well. It's what makes the AK more effective than the CM901.

I thought the thing with the AK was that its recoil/kick is always straight up so its easy to get headshots if you're lined up appropriately? Have barely used the AK in MW3 though...it feels too slow for short range.

That's all visual. The AK always drops back down between each "jump".

RedAssedApe

Banned
I thought the thing with the AK was that its recoil/kick is always straight up so its easy to get headshots if you're lined up appropriately? Have barely used the AK in MW3 though...it feels too slow for short range.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
add kentpaul12 to steam fellas, i'm installing right now.

Gonna be weird playing a huge console game like this on PC. But i'l master this shit

sk3tch

Sorry if you guys get this Q all the time, but I can't seem to find info on this anywhere (and I checked this thread back a few pages) - how much will the first two MP maps be? I'm Elite on 360 but I am curious as to how much it'll be for PC? Or will it not be available to buy until mid-February in the "content pack"?

Thanks!

kuYuri

Sorry if you guys get this Q all the time, but I can't seem to find info on this anywhere (and I checked this thread back a few pages) - how much will the first two MP maps be? I'm Elite on 360 but I am curious as to how much it'll be for PC? Or will it not be available to buy until mid-February in the "content pack"?

Thanks!

Seeing as there is no Elite for PC still, PC players still have to wait until at least April for the first content pack to release.

No price announced, but it will probably be the usual $15.

popeutlal

Is there a PC demo for this game? I searched and didn't get anything.

Is AMD Radeon HD 6750M, A8-3500M CPU and 6GB ram able to play this game?

R2D4

Banned
Finally got the gold UMP-46.

So now my gold guns are :

Striker
SCAR
MK14
MP7
PM90M1
UMP-46

Got red on the M4 and the L118A.

I decided to go for gold guns instead of prestiging. Didn't really see the point. I can either have gold guns or different emblems.

What gold weapons do the rest of you have?

Finally got the gold UMP-46.

So now my gold guns are :

Striker
SCAR
MK14
MP7
PM90M1
UMP-46

Got red on the M4 and the L118A.

I decided to go for gold guns instead of prestiging. Didn't really see the point. I can either have gold guns or different emblems.

What gold weapons do the rest of you have?

Have the UMP, ACR, Type 95, CM905, M4A1, PP90A1, Dragonov, FAD, MK14 and Striker at level 30. Getting 'em all to 30 first.

I'm tenth though, so it doesn't bother me.

cory021

Neo Member
I just finished the MW2 campaign and I'm planning to start MW3 tomorrow. Without spoiling anything in MW3, why did Shepard kill Ghost and Roach as they were leaving Makarov's safehouse? I guess this is the only thing that I don't quite understand. Unless I'm missing something, there didn't really seem like it was necessary in the grand scheme of things. Can someone clarify for me here, or will it be answered when I start MW3?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
fuck this game is so badass. Nothing like spawning into some dude with duel uzis mid air dropping fools left right and centre.

fucking butterfly's of joy seeing that shit.

this game is so MANLY. hell yeh

ps i'm wearing a pink housecoat and blasting the stone roses.

ripping fools up

I just finished the MW2 campaign and I'm planning to start MW3 tomorrow. Without spoiling anything in MW3, why did Shepard kill Ghost and Roach as they were leaving Makarov's safehouse? I guess this is the only thing that I don't quite understand. Unless I'm missing something, there didn't really seem like it was necessary in the grand scheme of things. Can someone clarify for me here, or will it be answered when I start MW3?

It's complicated (no MW3 spoilers there):

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Shepherd

MrDaravon

I haven't been paying attention lately; how exactly are the new maps being distributed to Elite members tomorrow, a download link through the Elite app on the console or something?

cory021

Neo Member
It's complicated (no MW3 spoilers there):

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Shepherd
Awesome, thanks.

It's quite a bit to wrap your head around, but it kind of makes sense. I kind of wish IW would have emphasized the fact that Ghost and Roach might have been able to piece together that Shepherd sent Allen to Makarov, and that he kind of knew what would happen at the airport, and that's partly why he decided to kill them. Without knowing that, the player probably might not understand fully why he killed them.

Tetrasides

Neo Member
I'm rendering a video showing both of the new maps. It should be done in about 25 minutes or so and then I'll upload it to YouTube for you guys to see.

I really hate the maps in this game. Everything else is arguably the best MP has been in the MW series, but the maps fucking suck. It's really disappointing every time I go back to it.

I have 20 days logged in both COD4 and MW2, but in this game? 6 hours. I enjoy the game mechanics but literally none of the maps appeal to me and I don't enjoy playing on the maps.

It's a damn shame. 4 + MW2 had some of my favourite MP maps ever. No idea what happened.

Radec

Anyone else experienced enemies calling put tons of different killstreaks on a game?

It's like the care package glitch is still around. dafuq.

Miggytronz

Anyone else experienced enemies calling put tons of different killstreaks on a game?

Had a game a few weeks back that within 20 sec the sky was full of kill streaks and they were coming from care packages. Hell the first one in the sky was a Reaper, then pavelow, then AC130. it was insane.

Had a game a few weeks back that within 20 sec the sky was full of kill streaks and they were coming from care packages. Hell the first one in the sky was a Reaper, then pavelow, then AC130. it was insane.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Lately I've seen a rash of reapers and AC130s, multiples per game. It's like I shoot one down and another pops up immediately. I also got popped by one AC130 while the game was setting up a new host, the counter was still ticking down to start the game. Fishy stuff going on.

I want to play the new maps, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to if there's another glitch going on.

EYEL1NER

I hate the maps in this game so much and was really looking forward to Liberation, it being a big map and all.
I am surprised though that not only do I not like Liberation, but I was expecting Piazza to be terrible and I love it. It really feels to me like a MW2 map.

Top Bottom