• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killjoy-NL

Because there is nothing skill based about it, it’s a endless cycle of play against players of a skill approaching rookie bots, end up going in terms of K/D 40-5 for a load of games, then move up to 15-14 games before moving up to sweaty palmed lobbies and ending up going 5-20, then magically rinse and repeat and back to 40-5 lobbies and rinse repeat for eternity.
Imagine always easily being in first place, going 50/1 each match.

The game will become boring real quick.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
m$ could've made 350 tlou2 budget games.
But they decided to spend money on shitzard and shitovision.

Comments like these help me immensely to put your contributions here in perspective.

First release after the acquisition and the game sucks lmao

That’s not the general impression of the multiplayer mode, precisely the reason why the majority buy the game

AngelMuffin

I know who I am! I'm a game playing the game, disguised as another game!!

X2WvTds.jpg

Last edited:

Kerotan

53 on metacritic after 28 reviews 🥴

Bobby kotick saved his most cuntish move till last. If this had of been a €40/50 MW2 expansion as originally planned they would be getting a lot of Kudos right now and people would be hyped for the next mainline black ops next year.

Instead it's probably the lowest ever point for cod after a "mainline" modern warfare release. Viewership is down massively on twitch. Guys that were pulling in 250k launch week a year ago are getting 70/80k now.

I just pray this translates into a drop in sales and that the legs are ass 🙏

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Actually spoke with a cheater last night who was on my team as we were playing Kill Confirmed on Rust and he didn't want people picking up tags as he was racking up tons of kills

He said he has all the latest hacks and always stays ahead of Ricochet because he pays $20 a month for the most up to date hacks

Not only imagine cheating, not only imagine paying a one time fee for cheats but imagine a monthly sub just to cheat at videos games

ryan reynolds hd GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Actually spoke with a cheater last night who was on my team as we were playing Kill Confirmed on Rust and he didn't want people picking up tags as he was racking up tons of kills

He said he has all the latest hacks and always stays ahead of Ricochet because he pays $20 a month for the most up to date hacks

Not only imagine cheating, not only imagine paying a one time fee for cheats but imagine a monthly sub just to cheat at videos games

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Cheat Pass ᵀᴹ.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
53 on metacritic after 28 reviews 🥴

Bobby kotick saved his most cuntish move till last. If this had of been a €40/50 MW2 expansion as originally planned they would be getting a lot of Kudos right now and people would be hyped for the next mainline black ops next year.

Instead it's probably the lowest ever point for cod after a "mainline" modern warfare release. Viewership is down massively on twitch. Guys that were pulling in 250k launch week a year ago are getting 70/80k now.

I just pray this translates into a drop in sales and that the legs are ass 🙏
53 is well deserved because the campaign is short and trash and the MP locking stuff behind daily challenges is a terrible idea

I am having fun with the MP especially now having ghost and dead silence unlocked since UAVs are everywhere

Cheat Pass ᵀᴹ.
Its so dumb to cheat anyhow but paying monthly for it?

Which is not what the actual majority of normal players want, just not the bullshit cycle that the so called SBMM actually is
Their SBMM just swings too wildly imo

I played other games like Rocket League and its SBMM wasn't near as dramatic as this one

I have a few decent games in a row (by my standards) and I know how the next 4 or 5 games are going to go

Try hard sweats wearing Esports teams skins and emblems thinking they were in a 1 million dollar tournament

Gerdav

53 is well deserved because the campaign is short and trash and the MP locking stuff behind daily challenges is a terrible idea

I am having fun with the MP especially now having ghost and dead silence unlocked since UAVs are everywhere

I played other games like Rocket League and its SBMM wasn't near as dramatic as this one

I have a few decent games in a row (by my standards) and I know how the next 4 or 5 games are going to go

Try hard sweats wearing Esports teams skins and emblems thinking they were in a 1 million dollar tournament
That’s the exact same point I made on the previous page, it goes in 3 stages round and round and round, there is nothing skill based in there for me.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So much for the $20 a month based cheats talking to someone at Blizzard who wanted to stay anonyms ;) talking to people working on Ricochet they know of a $60 a month cheat service they are having a very hard time battling

$60 a month just to cheat

Kerotan

Also the fact the multiplayer maps are all remasters which took very little effort. It was reported years ago they intended to release MW2 remastered like they did with cod4 but they cut the multiplayer portion for this exact purpose.

First release after the acquisition and the game sucks lmao
You realize MS had no say in this game whatsoever right? It was already decided upon and made before the deal closed in October. How do people not realize this? MS had nothing to do with this game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Another degernate clueless hot take as always. I had enough of the nonsense. On the ignore list you go.
You still didn't chill out since the morning? Keep it together man.
Whole day in front of the pc. you woke up angry and you will go to sleep angry. At some point, you know you do this to yourself

splattered

So much for the $20 a month based cheats talking to someone at Blizzard who wanted to stay anonyms ;) talking to people working on Ricochet they know of a $60 a month cheat service they are having a very hard time battling

I wish companies would go after these cheat companies like they used to on file sharing/Napster type services. I know cheats don't result in money being lost on sales but the community that loyally pay for these games every year shouldn't have to deal with crap like that.

Varteras

You realize MS had no say in this game whatsoever right? It was already decided upon and made before the deal closed in October. How do people not realize this? MS had nothing to do with this game.
They may not be implying that Microsoft had anything to do with it. Rather, that right after buying the company the next Call of Duty appears to be a dumpster fire. As in, "Hey, look what you paid for". That's the exact thing a buddy of mine was saying about it yesterday.

They may not be implying that Microsoft had anything to do with it. Rather, that right after buying the company the next Call of Duty appears to be a dumpster fire. As in, "Hey, look what you paid for". That's the exact thing a buddy of mine was saying about it yesterday.
Dunno, it's hard to tell these days who are company brand loyalists vs someone who is genuine. Or at least, they need to give a more detail explanation on what they mean exactly if they do not want to misunderstood.

Regardless, Microsoft was paying for the IPs and turn the management around after Bobby's mess. There is nothing that can tgey do that was already planned years ago. These things take take. You won't see Microsoft's influence for probably a while.

Last edited:

Edmund

ryan reynolds hd GIF

This is happening with Street Fighter 6 as well and it's been fucking annoying for me and my friends who play on ranked. Like why cheat if you're playing a multiplayer game? You're just spoiling the fun for others. Hope ATVI and Capcom will ban the shit out of these cheaters who spoil people's fun.

smh. fingers crossed the guy isn't a surgeon...

Varteras

This is happening with Street Fighter 6 as well and it's been fucking annoying for me and my friends who play on ranked. Like why cheat if you're playing a multiplayer game? You're just spoiling the fun for others. Hope ATVI and Capcom will ban the shit out of these cheaters who spoil people's fun.

I will never understand the mentality of cheaters. How can you possibly be having fun knowing that the only reason why you're winning is because you made it virtually impossible for someone to beat you? The only time I ever want to cheat is to harass someone who is obviously cheating.

I will never understand the mentality of cheaters. How can you possibly be having fun knowing that the only reason why you're winning is because you made it virtually impossible for someone to beat you? The only time I ever want to cheat is to harass someone who is obviously cheating.
Low self esteem, so they need something to validate their insecurities and pretend that they are good. Meanwhile, they are all just in denial deep down inside.

Zuzu

I cant exactly put my finger on it, but its something with the movement and gunplay... that is so much better then mw2, hate me if you want but i think its some time since cod mp was this good...

Imo it’s like a hybrid of MW2019 and Cold War. It’s a great mixture of gameplay mechanics that they’ve put together in this multiplayer.

SCB3

Played a few hours today of MP and some of Zombies

Mp is fun, I'm bad but better than average so was getting plenty of kills and I loved some of the older maps though I got Favela a lot, not a bad map but sick of playing it

Zombies on the other had, wtf is even going on in this mode, nothing is explained other than drop into I guess a Warzone map and kill Zombies whilst collecting something, the older Zombies modes were fun and those smaller tight maps worked well for them, this is just not what I expected

jorgejjvr

If people are liking this hybrid of cold war and mw19, I have a feeling they'll like whatever Treyarch is cooking

They truly make my favorite cod games, and it looks like they were given whatever time they needed to finish their game. I think it's looking like 4 years now since cold war? (By 2024)

Last edited:

M.W.

When did grinding camos become a thing? I don't think I've ever cared about a camo before. I just use stock paint the entire time.

Ovech-King

When did grinding camos become a thing? I don't think I've ever cared about a camo before. I just use stock paint the entire time.

Having the diamond camo back in black ops 2 was a very cool thing to have if memory serves

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I usually get Gold on my favorite guns and will likely get the diamond version on all assault rifles because I like using all the ARs

havoc00

Can’t they sue the cheat company ?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So far good MP.

- Not sure what people are ragging on about MWII app or something. I boot up the COD app and right away I'm in MW III gaming
- Some maps are definitely adjusted. More than textures or some new cover here or there. Unless my memory is shit, Sub Base, Estate, Rundown are generally the same, but a lot of new map coverage
- I'm on Xbox and you get this trashy double screen of "You cant see other people's shit and sharing, go to Setting --> Privacy" What do you have to adjust to get rid of those screens? I've set a lot of my settings to open but still get it. Do I have adjust every single setting to Open or All? Solved. Had to open up all Game Content boxes to everyone
- In between matches you get that colourful Battle Pass screen. Any way to permanently get rid of it? Or I just got to live through it pressing B to skip?

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member

Whoever these “devs” are I guess good for them for making money of off people who enjoy cheating I guess.. $60/month and you have no idea if or for how long it would work.

I thought that ML/AI would put an end to it all, but I guess I was wrong. So far I don’t think I’ve encountered too many cheaters, if any, but I bet once Warzone ships they will be in every lobby.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

What fancy MP stuff are locked behind daily challenges? I never buy mtx or care about special challenges or events. I just play unlocking stuff as they come. Are there key stuff locked?

I'm only around level 20. I think my WL is a little more than 1 and my KD is 1.50. Not really noticing any SBMM swings to get things in check.

jorgejjvr

Any way to heal faster in this game?

Haven't unlocked much yet, so I'm curious. Other than battle rage, is there a way to heal faster? When you get hit, it takes a long time to heal back. In other cods you get a unlimited stim that gets you back in the fight asap.

Is the stim here that exact thing? Is it unlimited uses or does it have a limit? If it has a limit, is there something that allows you to be able to reuse your tactical after a certain amount of time?

Is there some kind of gear or perk that maybe allows so that you heal as soon as you get a kill?

Theres a lot in this game, and I'm curious if anyone knows, so I can plan to unlock something like that.

Or perhaps this game doesn't quite offer that? Not sure, anyone know?

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom